'If this continues I'm done with United for the season!' Really?

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah, what you say makes sense. The lack of availability of any obvious alternative means deciding not to sack him immediately might not be as crazy as it seems.

Re your final paragraph. I don’t think he needs 4 wins to keep his job. 3/4 will do it.
He will likely keep it with a couple of draws, considering how things are going. 2 points out of 12 are not too bad considering the United's standards.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
No. 2 points from those 4 games would be very bad.
Watford win, Villareal draw, Chelsea loss, Arsenal win.

Would probably be seen as a decent return in the current circumstances. Maybe switch the Chelsea result for a draw.

How did it come to this after 11 bloody games this season. Really has gone tits up fast.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Would probably be seen as a decent return in the current circumstances
. Maybe switch the Chelsea result for a draw.

How did it come to this after 11 bloody games this season. Really has gone tits up fast.
Definitely. Villareal draw gets us out of the group stages, right?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Win the next 4 and we top the CL group and are at most 6 points off top with a favourable fixture list until March. That has to be the target. Despite being utterly dogshite for 6 weeks the season is still salvable if we could somehow stop being utter dogshite.

DevilsOwn

Would probably be seen as a decent return in the current circumstances. Maybe switch the Chelsea result for a draw.

It really is crazy, isnt it. We, well most of us, started the season so positively. After the summer we had, the Leeds result, Ronaldo signing; we really had all the momentum.

And in 2 months its completely come undone.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Win the next 4 and we top the CL group and are at most 6 points off top with a favourable fixture list until March. That has to be the target. Despite being utterly dogshite for 6 weeks the season is still salvable if we could somehow stop being utter dogshite.
You had me optimistic reading that until this reminder.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Definitely. Villareal draw gets us out of the group stages, right?
How? We have 7pts. A draw would put us both on 8pts and assuming Atalanta beat Young Boys they'd be on 8pts too.

So if we lost our final game we could go out still.

Still might need a result in MD6

AndyMUFC86

Bit weird to add Citeh in there, they’ve had their fair of shite and still had decent crowds.

If you mean that people who only support clubs for the glory would be better off there, well sadly maybe you’re fecking on to something, but then why the feck would any of them still be United fans after these 8 post Fergie years if they’re simply the glory hunters you want them to be?

I want the owners to know interest is being lost on their ”product”, because they aren’t taking due care of if. Demand for tickets dropped drastically near the end of Moyes, LvG and Mou and low and behold the axe followed closely after. But you keep being a sheep la’, let the club do whatever the feck they feel with you customers.
The amount of citeh shirts I see now is laughable. Take a look at their average crowd attendance when they were in div 2 back were they belonged.

Anyhow, I understand the frustration our fans are feeling. I’ve been going the game since 1995 so I know as well as anyone how the glazers have not taken care of the club resulting in what we see on the pitch right now. The main point of my post is I believe being a supporter is about sticking with the club/team regardless of what’s going on. As previously posted here by someone else, if you can’t support the team when there losing you don’t deserve to support the team when there winning.

I’m all for protesting against the ownership and the way the club is being ran but come game time I will always be behind the team/manager to succeed

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Win the next 4 is not even a big if, it's a practically impossible if with how we play.

It's not just "We're shite." We rank last or almost last in the league in so many important stats.

Two weeks of hard graft may have put a dent in that but our manager decides it's a good time for a winter retreat and our two worst defenders decide that playing Albania and San Marino in utterly pointless games is more important than United's current situation.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

That would be spectacular return. I think Warford draw, Villarreal loss, Chelsea loss and Arsenal draw is most likely.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
That would be spectacular return. I think Warford draw, Villarreal loss, Chelsea loss and Arsenal draw is most likely.
It wasn't my prediction. It was my estimate of what would be deemed a decent return.

I’m all for protesting against the ownership and the way the club is being ran but come game time I will always be behind the team/manager to succeed
I think you're in danger of becoming something of a lemming though, Barca and Madrid fans see it as their main duty as a fan to make it known in no uncertain terms if the manager, players, or directors are not living up to the standards expected at the club.

As I say, the demand for tickets absolutely dropped, and the club were desperately struggling to sell hospitality in the final weeks leading up to the sacking of the three previous managers so "losing interest" actual can help.

I still want us to win every game we play, but last minute goals versus Atalanta are simultaneously a massive high, followed by a feeling of "of feck, this shit performance and draw probably means more of this shit for months". For me, when the club go through the motions, I just don't bother arranging my time around watching them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
West Ham, 16th placed Villa who’ve since fired their manager, 12th placed Villareal, 11th placed Everton, 12th placed Leicester City, Atalanta, Liverpool, 9th placed Spurs who’ve since fired their manager, Atalanta and City.

“mad run”. feck me the bar has been lowered for this club :lol: we’ve played just 2 top sides in the past 10 game clusterfeck in which we’ve lost 5 and won just 3.
3 of the losses have been at home, with a goal difference from this 10 game run of -7.
I think most would agree that Leicester away, Liverpool, Tottenham and City is a pretty difficult run.

DEdwards

My love for United has been a constant throughout my life going back to the Busby Babes, and I have seen the lowest of the lows (Munich) along with many super highs. All of this time, up until the Glazer take over, I always felt we were all pulling together and striving for the same goals (fans, players, manager, coaching staff, board and owners) and all wanting the same sort of success. I always felt we were a family.

Now that is not the case and the Glazers and all their stooges look only for financial success and care not a jot for the success we fans, the players and MOST managers desire - on the pitch. As long as we were all pulling together we could always get through the tough times. When OGS arrived he said if it wasn’t working he would not need to be sacked because he would always want what was best for the Club, and he would resign. Well that time has come and yet he remains, as nothing more than yet another Glazer stooge disrespecting the fans and even the players.

My goals for this Club no longer align with those of the owners, the board or Ole. I am saddened by Ole’s lack of principles, I always thought he was better than this. But then, hey ho, the Glazer dollar shouts louder than the Club’s heritage. Until United return to proper ownership when we all will have the same goals once again, I am done. United remains in my heart but I cannot continue to watch this travesty towards a once great club continue.

K Stand Knut

Ok, ‘manager fan’. Careful, you might fall from your high horse.
Luckily my high horse isn’t very high so I’ll be ok even if I was to fall off.

If you think it’s acceptable to support the team and bounce about when they’re winning and then throw your toys out of your pram when things are quite as rosey, I’d argue that maybe high level professional football isn’t for you.

The attitude of a number of fans, not just you, on here and in general is absolutely abhorrent IMO. Unfortunately, my trigger finger landed on you.

If you Don’t like the tough times as a football fan, tough. It happens. Consider yourself lucky to have had the period of unrivalled success that we have seen, presumably since your birth, and take the rest on the chin.

You have no ability to change anything.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So many look-at-me-I-am-a-mature-top-red. Frankly, all of you can piss off. It's mind-boggling you have the gall to lecture people on how to support this club after your eyes-wide-closed approach has led to keep this guy in charge a year longer (at least) than he deserves.

Keep your unconditional support for when we go down because we are in relegation form. Not bad, not average, worse than Norwich.

All this talk about top 4 or top 6 is also laughable. We won't finish top 10 and not because of some cyclical football process but because of the incompetence of the club from top to bottom. Supporting this shambles shows why the Glazers get away with so much - it's literally Stockholm syndrome at this point.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
So many look-at-me-I-am-a-mature-top-red. Frankly, all of you can piss off. It's mind-boggling you have the gall to lecture people on how to support this club after your eyes-wide-closed approach has led to keep this guy in charge a year longer (at least) than he deserves.

Keep your unconditional support for when we go down because we are in relegation form. Not bad, not average, worse than Norwich.

All this talk about top 4 or top 6 is also laughable. We won't finish top 10 and not because of some cyclical football process but because of the incompetence of the club from top to bottom. Supporting this shambles shows why the Glazers get away with so much - it's literally Stockholm syndrome at this point.
What stopped you from organizing a protest at Old Trafford? Nothing.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

Go for a walk mate.

Rajma

If you think it’s acceptable to support the team and bounce about when they’re winning and then throw your toys out of your pram when things are quite as rosey, I’d argue that maybe high level professional football isn’t for you.

The attitude of a number of fans, not just you, on here and in general is absolutely abhorrent IMO. Unfortunately, my trigger finger landed on you.

If you Don’t like the tough times as a football fan, tough. It happens. Consider yourself lucky to have had the period of unrivalled success that we have seen, presumably since your birth, and take the rest on the chin.

I agree, if you continue to clap them off the pitch then you can say you have no ability to change anything. How come they have gone back with their tails between the legs on Super league idea?

Deery

Dreary
The same people telling you to go support another team will be the same that say I’m not watching us anymore :lol:

I think most would agree that Leicester away, Liverpool, Tottenham and City is a pretty difficult run.
2 of those sides are hugely underperforming this season, one so badly they fired their manager after facing us. The other side is actaully having a worse season than the ones who fired their manager.

I mean, even if we pretend Leicester and Spurs were in any kind of form this season, it's a couple of very tough fixtures and a couple of tricky ones. A "mad run of tough games" it is not. We've played 2 sides in the top 4 in the past 10 games, we've managed just 3 wins and have a MINUS 7 goal difference. Spin it how you like.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Stopped prioritising watching games a few times in the last 6 years. Feels like we at least have a slim chance of watching something entertaining yet here, so I’m not there yet

hobbers

Think you’d have to be absolutely mental to pay for a general sale ticket or hospitality package right now with Ole still at the wheel.

Imagine the dolts paying £600 or whatever it is for a hospitality package to the arsenal game, where Lego pep will inevitably stuff us.

Maticmaker

I'm still hoping this is just the usual mid Oct/early Nov hiccup, we use to have regularly back in the day... but I'm probably just day dreaming!
Hope Varane's back soon.

K Stand Knut

I agree, if you continue to clap them off the pitch then you can say you have no ability to change anything. How come they have gone back with their tails between the legs on Super league idea?
Clapping them off the pitch (or not) is a far cry from slagging off the manager repeatedly on an online forum and saying some really pathetic things.

You seem to imply that I am saying to sit there and do nothing, which is a different conversation, and I categorically am not saying that

What I am saying is that if any fan wants to stop watching/‘supporting’ the club because of a period of lack of success, then they will not be missed by me, nor will they be missed by the vast majority of match-going supporters. And this is what this thread seems to be about.

As for pulling out of the Super League, you can pretend as a fan that you had an impact on the clubs decision to back down, but you didn’t. The club/owners knew they had no option before the fans even needed to do anything.

AndyMUFC86

I like the optimism and your absolutely right. If we can somehow pull a run together we wouldn’t be in such a shocking position.
Does that beg the question we should have looked to change manager and use the new manager bounce to salvage the season. Obviously only if the right man was available. I wouldn’t
I think you're in danger of becoming something of a lemming though, Barca and Madrid fans see it as their main duty as a fan to make it known in no uncertain terms if the manager, players, or directors are not living up to the standards expected at the club.

As I say, the demand for tickets absolutely dropped, and the club were desperately struggling to sell hospitality in the final weeks leading up to the sacking of the three previous managers so "losing interest" actual can help.

I still want us to win every game we play, but last minute goals versus Atalanta are simultaneously a massive high, followed by a feeling of "of feck, this shit performance and draw probably means more of this shit for months". For me, when the club go through the motions, I just don't bother arranging my time around watching them.
I think it’s pretty obvious when the club is underachieving. If we’re not competing for every trophy possible were underachieving, simple. The owners know that and the people running the club know that. It doesn’t require half the fans to stop watching the team for everyone to know it. Our problem is the owners know it, but are they willing to do the necessary to get the club back on track. I don’t think so!

Rajma

Clapping them off the pitch (or not) is a far cry from slagging off the manager repeatedly on an online forum and saying some really pathetic things.

You seem to imply that I am saying to sit there and do nothing, which is a different conversation, and I categorically am not saying that

What I am saying is that if any fan wants to stop watching/‘supporting’ the club because of a period of lack of success, then they will not be missed by me, nor will they be missed by the vast majority of match-going supporters. And this is what this thread seems to be about.

As for pulling out of the Super League, you can pretend as a fan that you had an impact on the clubs decision to back down, but you didn’t. The club/owners knew they had no option before the fans even needed to do anything.
I think many of you struggle to understand that people complains here are very little to do with the lack of success, it’s been almost a decade since any kind of meaningful success and yet we’re still here passionate about the club. The problem it seems many have is that the club is fine with how things are because the cashflows are stable and are not looking to solve the on the pitch issues? We might end up with an even worse appointment than we have currently but at least you know club is looking for solutions which is all one can ask for in response to unconditional support knowing that club acts in supporters best interest. At the moment it doesn’t feel that way.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think you’d have to be absolutely mental to pay for a general sale ticket or hospitality package right now with Ole still at the wheel.

Imagine the dolts paying £600 or whatever it is for a hospitality package to the arsenal game, where Lego pep will inevitably stuff us.
Hospitality yes, but the Ronaldo factor alone is enough to make the "general" ticket, ie normal price ticket well worth its value.

The owners know that and the people running the club know that. It doesn’t require half the fans to stop watching the team for everyone to know it.
That’s where the problem lies though. If they are sticking with this manager then it is crystal clear that the owners and advisory board do not “know it”, not at all. In fact they in a state of denial, and wishful thinking on the scales of believing in Santa that suddenly after three years, £400 million spent and humiliated by Klopp and Pep, that time alone will suddenly make him a better manager than those two.

K Stand Knut

I think many of you struggle to understand that people complains here are very little to do with the lack of success, it’s been almost a decade since any kind of meaningful success and yet we’re still here passionate about the club. The problem it seems many have is that the club is fine with how things are because the cashflows are stable and are not looking to solve the on the pitch issues? We might end up with an even worse appointment than we have currently but at least you know club is looking for solutions which is all one can ask for in response to unconditional support knowing that club acts in supporters best interest. At the moment it doesn’t feel that way.
I think you’re starting a completely different conversation to the point that I am trying to make.

I understand disgruntled fans. I don’t understand, nor will I ever accept that people stop watching or supporting because of poor performances or lack of success, which is ultimately what some people are saying.

I have considered stopping going to games in the past but never, ever because of the manager or the performances or the lack of winning game or trophies.

I some of the comments in this thread particularly pretty pathetic

I'm a beautiful thing

Hi everyone,I've been watching United since 67 whem my Grandad started taking me, still going , I have read this for a while and having recently retired decided to join the fray.
Anyway on the thread, it's been painful at times but I can't give up on United now, bad times come and go and while Ole isn't up to the job we have enough talent for a good coach to have us in a far better position

Revan

Assumptionman

I think that I am perfectly capable of deciding myself how I spent my time and my money. If United does not excite me anymore, I can decide to just not give my attention to it, right? I gave up on religions a long time ago, I really don't need a cult centered towards the manager of Man United.

About the attitude, I could have understood United struggling if the financial situation would have made us so. While not great, that would have been understandable, after all, fans of less successful clubs exist. However, that is not what is happening here. We have self-sabotage going on all levels. The owners don't give a shit about our results, and care only about United's stock price. The board is either completely incompetent or does not care about our results. The manager is totally incompetent and seems willing to take the club as down as possible so he can get his paycheck. The coaches are awful. The legends like SAF or Neville seem happy to unconditionally support an awful manager, because supporting him takes priority over the well-being of the club. The players seem to have gone past the caring stage. And the fans in Old Trafford, for religious reasons, are happy to clap an inept manager after back-to-back home humiliating performances against our rivals.

You are damn right, I cannot change anything at United. I am just a fan. I can, however, decide to not give my money and time to United, as long as the people who can change stuff don't decide to change things and stop continuing this masochism.

hobbers

Hospitality yes, but the Ronaldo factor alone is enough to make the "general" ticket, ie normal price ticket well worth its value.
Probably. Though I think the home games coming up against Arsenal, Palace and Brighton are all going to be absolutely miserable affairs Ronaldo or not.

You'd hope at least that no self respecting United fan could stomach paying those hospitality prices, set at mega-club levels, when the club is behaving shambolically and with less ambition than Spurs and Villa. Because like others were saying, the money from hospitality is a big chunk of match day revenue and a hit on that really is felt.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Name the season

Bad run #1 (10 games October-December)

LDLLDDDDLL

Bad run #2 April- May (10 games April-May)

LDLLWLDDWL

20 games = W2 D8 L10 and I don't remember one person wanting the manager to be sacked or suggesting they were through with watching United.

Still a packed house at OldTrafford every week supporting the team. We have been through much worst spells and survived.

"If this continues I'm done..."

Oh FFS!