If you could give JM a piece of advice what would it be?

TRossManUtd8

Keep doing what you are doing... This is the best team since SAF retired. It took Fergie 4 plus years to build his empire and in his first season Mourinho took us back to winning titles and got us in the CL. Now this season, we are 2nd in the EPL, in the round of 16 for CL and making a run in the FA cup. If Man City was not playing so well, Jose would be getting more credit. I say we embrace our manager and his style and support our club and great team.

Job well done Mou!

SirAF

Ageist
To think there's anything anyone on here could advise any professional football manager on anything is laughable tbh but I'd ask him to please play Herrera with Matic and Pogba in a 3 man midfield, something I suspect most would say in some variation or another

He'd probably smile at me through his teeth thinking feck off
This :lol:

worldinmotion66

If she says "Do I look fat in this?", for the love of God, say "No darling, of course not".

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Consider changing your Assistant Coach. Set up Rui Faria with a nice No1 job somewhere and get some fresh ideas from an up and coming Coach who is on their way to the top.

A bit like Ferguson in some instances.

settembrini

When something is working, keep doing that thing.
E.g. Martial on the left or as a striker, three at the back.

When something is not working, stop doing that thing.
E.g. 4-2-3-1 against good teams, Jones + Smalling as a pair.

minoo-utd

Players who need such advise. We just got beaten and Marcus Rashford posted his dog pic on the social media. I really question all these behaviors around. Pogba seems to me a spoiled human being and so moody player, and the list goes on. We need men to play for the badge not children who panicking when they are under stress.

Austria-Red

Give Herrera an extended run in in the team to get him back in form and play Pogba - Matic - Herrera in midfield for the rest of the season. On paper, this should work quite well.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Properly commit to your old ways, and get rid of anyone who doesn't fit i.e. Pogba, or embrace a more modern approach and build the team in a way which fits the players rather than your own former approach. Pick one or the other and stick to it.

If I knew 100% the old Jose is in there, and he admits he's made some mistakes and for example sells a Pogba in order to get us back on track, because he thinks the 4231 definitely still has legs if executed properly, I'd back him. Right now his thinking is muddled.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Insist on using spoonerisms for all our players from now on, that way we'll have Jill Phones and Rarcos Mojo at the the back... and who doesn't want that?

stevoc

Buy a right winger and play that winger on the right.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
I would have said sell Blind, Darmian and either Rojo or Young this window, unless he had not bought Lindelof (whom I maintain he should only have bought as an immediate first teamer, not a developmental player) in which case only two should have gone, and promote Tuanzebe (and/or TFM) regularly to the matchday 18.

Now I'd say loan Lindelof to a Championship side if it's still possible

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Michael Carrick is the answer... apparently.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Insist on using spoonerisms for all our players from now on, that way we'll have Jill Phones and Rarcos Mojo at the the back... and who doesn't want that?
As long as Austin powers doesn't end up on the opposite team and tries to get Rarcos Mojo to himself we'll be fine.

shaky

best advice yet. Datteo Marmian and Rarcus Mashford.

Oldyella

Players who need such advise. We just got beaten and Marcus Rashford posted his dog pic on the social media. I really question all these behaviors around. Pogba seems to me a spoiled human being and so moody player, and the list goes on. We need men to play for the badge not children who panicking when they are under stress.
And posting a picture of your dog definatly indicates whether you can handle stress or not. The biggest panickers in our team have been our centrebacks, and between Rojo, Smalling and Jones are some of the more experienced members of the squad.

Anyway, I would agree with @Raees and tell him to stick to his guns. This half way thing he has going on atm is benefitting no one. (I wouldnt suggest selling Pogba though!)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
And posting a picture of your dog definatly indicates whether you can handle stress or not. The biggest panickers in our team have been our centrebacks, and between Rojo, Smalling and Jones are some of the more experienced members of the squad.

Anyway, I would agree with @Raees and tell him to stick to his guns. This half way thing he has going on atm is benefitting no one. (I wouldnt suggest selling Pogba though!)
Contrary to what people think of my tastes, for me as long as we're playing something which makes sense, it flows, every player is happy.. then I'll back it. I don't like seeing disharmony. Disharmony is ugly football.. nothing to do with pretty football, I find the Inter 2010 game v Barca beautiful.. 11, well 10 men in the second leg.. but guys absolutely 100% singing off the same tactical hymn sheet, committed to the cause, fighting like animals and 1-11 knew exactly where to be off the ball and then on the ball, they knew exactly how to hurt the opposition or keep the ball when they needed to.

Ugly football is not what I associate with Jose. Defensive pragmatic football yes. But ugly.. no. There was a beauty to the way his teams were so well-constructed, so cohesive and tough. Each player playing like he was their father and they would die for him.

I don't see that at the moment, and I just see lots of money being spent when it is the coaching/managing aspect which is letting us down. Jose can up his game, he has to up his game.. or he won't be here in the next 2 years.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Are we talking about any old Jose Mourinho, or the Jose Mourinho?

Oh wait, I see now.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shit in Pep's handbag

OldTrevil

Ban the caf at OT and Carrington, and on player devices too, it will bring down the negativity around the club by 90%

Deleted member 101472

Never make eye contact with anyone whilst eating a banana.