In hindsight, Mourinho was right about a few things?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
There is no doubt he failed here. Signing Sanchez, Mikhitariyan, a fading Ibra (most will disagree on this, I get it) and was the guy who wanted to sign Maguire next.

But he did get a few things right on the money. Called out Pogba for who he was years ago as well as Martial. Also, he favored Rashford over any other player even during his poor runs and was adamant he wasn't a striker.

mav_9me

I mean everyone is going to be right about something or somethings.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Oh not this garbage again. Crap toxic manager who has a ridiculous cult like fan club and set us back years. ETH is showing what difference an actual quality manager makes, thankfully.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Sure, he was right about some things but from how I remember it the toxicity started when the club wouldn’t get Maguire for him so he got that one horribly wrong.

Lemoor

When Rashford was playing poorly, Mourinho was right because he didn't like him, now that he's playing well, Mourinho was right because he favored him.

Pintu

If we can’t win the league let’s hope we can win the Europa and FA Cup this year for ETH to beat his trophy tally already and we all can forget about him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Oh not this garbage again. Crap toxic manager who has a ridiculous cult like fan club and set us back years. ETH is showing what difference an actual quality manager makes, thankfully.
I'm no cult follower I can assure you that. During the mourinho days I limited my posting here because of how toxic I was against him. It's just realizing a few things that he was sorta right about at the time.

FYI I made a thread after our second place finish under him that he should be sacked and the thread got locked/ridiculed.

PSV

Always thought Mkhi was harshly treated here. Practically carried us to the last trophy we saw and then was pawned off to Arsenal for a flashier toy.

Adamsk7

Don’t wanna even think about the t*at anymore. We’ve got Erik now.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's not like he opened everyone's eyes about them? Everyone knew that Pogba & Martial had issues with their attitude and discipline. Same with Rashford — with the added bonus of him appearing more and more as a center forward in the past couple of months with huge success.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Always wanted Jose but he was absolutely terrible. Created problems and his ego was completely out of control. ETH is showing how to deal with players and keep the squad happy.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He mainly would go on about us being shite while at the same time deliberately making us shite. Not exactly Mystic Meg levels of perception is it.

I mean I can be right if I tell everyone I'm not going to win the Olympics and then proceed to not win them.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It's not like he opened everyone's eyes about them? Everyone knew that Pogba & Martial had issues with their attitude and discipline. Same with Rashford — with the added bonus of him appearing more and more as a center forward in the past couple of months with huge success.
Can you give some examples that would lead everybody to ‘know’

Someone

Something
He was right that the squad he inherited was really poor, but his signings didn't help either.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I never wanted him, but he virtually guarantees trophies and that's what he did, won trophies, just not the ones we wanted, his ethos is not the Manchester United way, never was and never will be

TsuWave

You could say the same about any player that fell out with Mourinho. You could say they were right about him.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

he threw a third player under the bus at the same time. he just hated flair players.

PSV

He was painfully average.
Painfully underappreciated at least.

Probably a stretch saying he'd walk into our team now at 34, but the one we witnessed would easily walk into our team right now, on the basis of our non-Bruno/Rashford attackers being below that "painfully average".

Baneofthegame

I'll give him Pogba and Martial, although I don't fully agree on the latter.

He also signed Lindelof/Bailly, also wanted Maguire, wanted Dier and Rose and played some god awful football, so while I appreciate the trophies, I'm glad he's not here.

Big Andy

Bloke
We should have got Mourinho straight after Fergie, as I think his style would've suited the team we had at that time.

As it was, we went in on him far too late and at that time the player mentality wasn't there for his style of management.

TheReligion

Abusive
There is no doubt he failed here. Signing Sanchez, Mikhitariyan, a fading Ibra (most will disagree on this, I get it) and was the guy who wanted to sign Maguire next.

But he did get a few things right on the money. Called out Pogba for who he was years ago as well as Martial. Also, he favored Rashford over any other player even during his poor runs and was adamant he wasn't a striker.
He wasn’t really right about much was he?

Said Shaw had no brains, fell out with players, signed Pogba, Sanchez, Bailly…

Ten Hag likes Martial but has challenged him to be fit.

I find the thread odd if I’m honest.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He was right about some things, wrong about most