Inbetweeners

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Using Xanders definition.

Comprehensive/state schools are, for me at least, very working class. I wouldn't consider myself middle class in the slightest, and I would say my lifestyle is pretty much identical to that of the main characters.
Yeah but Xanders definition is bollocks...Middle class is defined solely by whether you go on skiing holidays?? I'm surprised they didn't include eating salad from a wooden bowl. It looks like someone doing a corse in early 90s stereotypes has written it for a thesis. Tony Blair's children went to a comprehensive. Proper working class lads they were!.

Tbf, you should be whatever you want to consider yourself, and I think it's probably seen differently in London than it is beyond tbf...But to me both Will and Simon are achingly Middle Class. Lower middle class if you like, but certainly not working class. They lead a very comfortable and pretty sheltered existence...They've all got cars and their own family homes in suburby areas....Which may be how working class people in Berkshire live, I don't know. To me that's typically middle class..Which may be to do with my London perspective. But you've got it good for working class if that's what you're like IMO. Not that it really matters anyway, it's what's inside that counts darling.

phelans shorts

I wasn't a student there but I did live there for three years. It's boring, but it's not a "shithole" by any means. It's really nice. I did have a laugh when Lincoln folk told me about the "rough" areas of the city to avoid, as they were no worse than the nicer bits of Manchester. Soft twats!

I don't watch this programme by the way, but the reference has kicked up a bit of a fuss over in lincoln: LINCOLN'S reputation suffered a blow after the city was trashed in last night's episode of **** TV comedy The Inbetweeners.
Well it was a recurring joke from last weeks so if taken out of context it will seem bad won't it.

MJLD

Local newspaper/website trying to outdo the Daily Mail?!

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Yeah but Xanders definition is bollocks...

Tbf, you should be whatever you want to consider yourself.
It is ineed, it's from Wikipedia!

But you're right about the "whatever you consider yourself" bit, i'd probably class myself as upper working class/low middle class.

Anyway back to the show, i've never actually watched it. I just stumbled in here so carry on!

decorativeed

Where did you live? Spent 15 years of my life growing up there. Still got family living there.
I lived at the top of the hill near the Adam and Eve pub in Lincoln itself then in Welton. Both of them bits are quite nice, but I got told all kinds of things about Monks Road and Ermine estate and never saw any trouble in either place.

I remember when I first moved there the paper ran a front page story with the headline "Armed raid on City shop" and the actual detail of the article said that someone with a cap gun had tried to steal some money from the tills at the co-op on Monks road. Scary stuff!

F-Red

I lived at the top of the hill near the Adam and Eve pub in Lincoln itself then in Welton. Both of them bits are quite nice, but I got told all kinds of things about Monks Road and Ermine estate and never saw any trouble in either place.

I remember when I first moved there the paper ran a front page story with the headline "Armed raid on City shop" and the actual detail of the article said that someone with a cap gun had tried to steal some money from the tills at the co-op on Monks road. Scary stuff!
The place has gone down of late, mainly due to the mass immigration on the place i'm reliably informed, big news for a town which i class as a retirement place. My old school mates family run the Adam & Eve. I grew up in Washingborough and went to Branston for secondary school but left when I was 18. Only pop back for Xmas and the odd weekend in the year, nothing much there to do.

decorativeed

Lincoln doesn't know the meaning of "immigration". It's the single most white English place I've ever been to. Moaning sods.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I've been defending this series a tad in vain to be honest, didn't think much of that last episode and then to be told there is only one episode left already, it made me realise there was no real stand out episodes this series. Definitely not a series that can light a candle to its predecessors.

F-Red

I've been defending this series a tad in vain to be honest, didn't think much of that last episode and then to be told there is only one episode left already, it made me realise there was no real stand out episodes this series. Definitely not a series that can light a candle to its predecessors.
Last weeks episode was by far one of the funniest ive seen of the show.

Sw33t

I slid it in a bit, then out a bit, then in a bit, then my legs ached.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Very good ep I thought. Easily the 2nd best episode of the series.

Sw33t

It wasn't bad at all. Very funny in a few places, but the way it ended was rather wank I thought. The puking was a terrible idea too.

I do love Neil though!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Poor episode to end a poor season.

You know you're in trouble when you're relying on the use of Neils bodily functions to generate laughs every other episode.

And is it just me or did Simon fully transform into Kevin from Kevin & Perry in this season?

MJLD

Bit rubbish really, this series has sort of limped along. That throwing up scene was like they'd just watched Family Guy when they were short of ideas.

Ekeke

Bit rubbish really, this series has sort of limped along. That throwing up scene was like they'd just watched Family Guy when they were short of ideas.
Or Guest House Paradiso, which Family Guy stole from. And wherever Guest House Paradiso stole the idea from themselves. And so on, as thats how it works.

6:40 onwards

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I think the season as a whole would have been better if Simon leaving was announced at the beginning of the series and played on throughout. It just seemed so rushed and the story didn't have time to properly develop. Simon's realisation that he had wasted his life hanging around two idiots was good, and could have been developed throughout the series.

The biggest problem with the series was that there wasn't really any progression from the old series. If anything they regressed. In the early series it was them going and getting pissed for the first time, going to a club for the first time, trying to get served in pubs underage, first road trip, chasing girls, trying to go to cool parties, getting their first work experience etc etc - the usual stuff that you do at 16-17. And in the third series they've gone backwards to destroying flowers, having a glorified sleepover, going camping, awkward dates at malls, giggling about seeing a teacher in public - shit that's great when you're 12-13, not 17-18. It's no coincidence that the best episode was when they went off to visit Uni. The going to a gig, Simon getting a real girlfriend and them trying weed episode could have been good too, if it hadn't been so poorly scripted.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think the season as a whole would have been better if Simon leaving was announced at the beginning of the series and played on throughout. It just seemed so rushed and the story didn't have time to properly develop. Simon's realisation that he had wasted his life hanging around two idiots was good, and could have been developed throughout the series.

The biggest problem with the series was that there wasn't really any progression from the old series. If anything they regressed. In the early series it was them going and getting pissed for the first time, going to a club for the first time, trying to get served in pubs underage, first road trip, chasing girls, trying to go to cool parties, getting their first work experience etc etc - the usual stuff that you do at 16-17. And in the third series they've gone backwards to destroying flowers, having a glorified sleepover, going camping, awkward dates at malls, giggling about seeing a teacher in public - shit that's great when you're 12-13, not 17-18. It's no coincidence that the best episode was when they went off to visit Uni. The going to a gig, Simon getting a real girlfriend and them trying weed episode could have been good too, if it hadn't been so poorly scripted.
Think thats pretty much spot on.. instead of becoming older and the material evolving and adapting to the circumstances.. it seemed we'd instead been subjected to a prequel series where they all came across as caricatures of themselves and more childish than ever.

I think they've got more series' in them if they set it in Uni but if that is to happen.. the writers would seriously have to up their game... based on this last series I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you

This is exactly what i've thought! however i've not been able to explain it so well! It's just felt tired and dated.

There's plenty of experiences between the ages of 17 & 20 that could be used for material. hopefully the rumours of a lads holiday movie will be true because if done right that could be spot on.

AVARiCE

Forgetting the last episode for a minute, how disappointed is everyone else that this will be the final series? Of course, the movie could come out, tie everything up and make this post look like moronic drivel but as things stand it was a terrible send-off.

For starters, I think the show never really developed properly. There's so much more potential in it. It's not an American tv show so it's not got a huge budget and long season run, which I appreciate, but surely 18 episodes isn't enough? Again, the movie could close the entire chapter and it'll all be well and good but I feel sort of let down.

Agree with Rowem that I think they regressed in this series. I can't remember any real character development at all in this series, which was disappointing. I suppose I was expecting a lot more pre-Uni hype from all of them.

Aside from the storylines, the one thing that really bothered me about the writing this series was the terrible ending "big laugh" gags.

A testicle hanging out isn't that funny after you hit puberty. Standing on stage asking for your Mummy because you're high isn't funny. A huge embarassing dialogue which leaves Will being unjustly sneered at isn't funny. Neill wetting the bed and being unable to stop was actually hilarious but countered nicely by Simon smacking his penis in the most unfunny way possible. Kicking a door into a woman's face was alright, as was Jay's tribute to his dog, but I'd expect those as average Inbetweeners jokes. Projectile puking isn't funny, it's just juvenile.

decorativeed

I've never seen this before. On evidence of the latest episode, I hope never to see it again. Load of shite. Lets swear, that'll be funny...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I've never seen this before. On evidence of the latest episode, I hope never to see it again. Load of shite. Lets swear, that'll be funny...
Then you'd be missing out. The first 2 series' are very good.

Lance Uppercut

The first two series are good. The third is embarrassing. I wasn't aware that it was the last. Shitty way to go out.

Mick1991

Yep that was a rubbish season, it's even worse when you watch with some-one who is a huge fan.