India politics thread

coolredwine

lameredboots
Hey atleast he is doing some bharat jodo yatranand holding hands and hugging random celebrities. At this point I don't even blame him now. The whole congress party is a thing of past now. They are out of reality and live in their own bubble.

Maybe after 2 decades history he will be fondly remembered by even Modi supporters. He was the guy who helped Modi rule for 15 years.
Wait, so the criticism against him was that he can’t connect to the masses. Now, when he does try and connect to them, it’s a thing of the past and a bubble. Laughable. :lol:

AshRK

Wait, so the criticism against him was that he can’t connect to the masses. Now, when he does try and connect to them, it’s a thing of the past and a bubble. Laughable. :lol:
So do you think he has connected with the masses then and will beat Modi in 2024. I like your optimism but when he again loses it won't be laughable.

NM

So do you think he has connected with the masses then and will beat Modi in 2024. I like your optimism but when he again loses it won't be laughable.
Nobody is beating Modi right now, least of all Rahul Gandhi, but at least the guy is trying something. Until Congress get a new leader it's going to be BJP government for the future.

AshRK

Nobody is beating Modi right now, least of all Rahul Gandhi, but at least the guy is trying something. Until Congress get a new leader it's going to be BJP government for the future.
Well Modi can be defeated but with a new face and new plan and not same old bs. Atleast one can try but congress isn't even trying. Didn't work for Rahul in 2014, Didn't work in 2019, what makes us think it will work in 2024. People terming that laughable are the same like congress party who thinks Rahul is the person to make things correct.

NM

Well Modi can be defeated but with a new face and new plan and not same old bs. Atleast one can try but congress isn't even trying. Didn't work for Rahul in 2014, Didn't work in 2019, what makes us think it will work in 2024. People terming that laughable are the same like congress party who thinks Rahul is the person to make things correct.
Did you read my post :houllier:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Haha to all the bjp supporting Christians who thought there wouldn't be any religious rhetoric thrown their way.

Christian jihad = Jes-had. :lol: :(

Stupid Indians that continue seeing BJP as some saviour party. And there's a huge amount of them too.

pav1790

Why are they asking that?
Absolute Idiocy and senselessness.
Holy shit this guy and others like him will gaslight everyone into thinking Indians are dumb.

The news segment was about students as young as 17 who commit suicide when they can’t meet astronomically high expectations of their parents. It’s a huge issue In India and parents are responsible for the most part.

They were saying that Messi fails to win world cup for years it doesn’t mean he should end his life. Then why are our bright students feeling like life would end if they don’t get into a college their parents want them to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kota,_Rajasthan - read under student suicides section.

Zlatattack

Haha to all the bjp supporting Christians who thought there wouldn't be any religious rhetoric thrown their way.

Where does all the metal come from? They're always smashing things or people with metal rods or sticks.

MDFC Manager

Questionable shit being done in terms of judge appointments anyway.

Thread:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
If that was Putin or Xi or even Saudi leaders calling for all out genocide against not one but two religious denominations there would be global outrage.

How would we react if Modi (or one of his trusted lackeys) instructed genocide against Indian Jews? Probably a little differently.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
How would we react if Modi (or one of his trusted lackeys) instructed genocide against Indian Jews? Probably a little differently.
There are probably less than hundred, they don't represent a challenge to Hindutva.
And I don't think the west would react different for Christians vs Jews - violent attacks against Christian missionaries have been happening for ~25 years, and only Sarkozy made a noise.

India is necessary for the west as a local nuclear-armed counter against their main enemy.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
There are probably less than hundred, they don't represent a challenge to Hindutva.
And I don't think the west would react different for Christians vs Jews - violent attacks against Christian missionaries have been happening for ~25 years, and only Sarkozy made a noise.

India is necessary for the west as a local nuclear-armed counter against their main enemy.
I agree Christians have had a bum deal in India and Pakistan, with regional and national leaders turning a blind eye or actually funding it. It's just savagery in those countries.

My point about Jews was that if Modi or one of his lackeys came out explicitly to incite genocide against Jews, even a handful, the headlines would not sit well in the West for obvious and understandable reasons.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Actually belongs in the hypernormalisation thread...

Konkani Muslims celebrate their community icons