India v Australia 2013

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
His batting style reminds me of Sangakarra.

KM

What the feck is going on?

He isn't an attacking batsmen.

KM

Flaccid pitch + an even more flaccid Aussie attack = Carnage.
All those factors play a role but he has played on even flatter pitches and against far worse bowlers in domestic cricket. He isn't an attacking batsmen.

coolredwine

lameredboots
All those factors play a role but he has played on even flatter pitches and against far worse bowlers in domestic cricket. He isn't an attacking batsmen.
Goes on to show the current state of the Aussie attack. :lol:

Btw, Dhawan might not be that attacking, but he is known for his offensive shots. From what I remember, that's what made him stand out in his initial years.

KM

Goes on to show the current state of the Aussie attack. :lol:

Btw, Dhawan might not be that attacking, but he is known for his offensive shots. From what I remember, that's what made him stand out in his initial years.
Trust me, I've seen him batting for a long time. He likes to play his shots but he isn't like the Sehwags, Hayden's etc.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Trust me, I've seen him batting for a long time. He likes to play his shots but he isn't like the Sehwags, Hayden's etc.
I know. I was about to write that itself, that he is not in range of Sehwag, but he still has very much attacking shots in his repertoire.

Plus, getting a debut at the age 27, he might want to make an impression for not being considered for the team for so long.

India have avoided the follow-on.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Poor Vijay.

Despite playing wonderfully well everyone will forget his contribution.

zing

Zingle balls
Vijay's playing a proper test batsman.

Just scoring off the loose deliveries.

zing

Zingle balls
A preview for the SA series. We can't afford to go abroad with Dhoni at 6.

Dhoni averages something like 10 balls per innings against the new ball in the 8 tests they lost.

zing

Zingle balls
Yea. Dhoni's very unadventurous like that. Frustrating.

kps88

Such a shame that first day was washed out. This could have been a great test match.

KM

Frustrating by us. Also a little worried how they managed to blow away our middle order by the new ball.

zing

Zingle balls
Changed your mind about Jadeja yet?

Been packed away by pace in every single innings so far.

Plays spin well.

He is not the answer to anything.

I like the energy he brings, but we can't afford a bowling all rounder at 7, considering the way Dhoni plays.

KM

He's a much better option than Harbhajan and anything else. Even in this series, he has been our second best bowler. It's still his fourth test, his batting will improve. Not an option for the away tests match but he'll be in the ODI's team and the home test team.

zing

Zingle balls
I don't get it. If he's Harbhajan's replacement, why is he batting at #7?

Do you actually think he's better than Ojha?

He's an alright bowler, but Ojha has been rusty having been left out of the team in spite of bowling well against England..

If the spot he is competing for is #8 and 2nd bowler, the question is, can he be a better bowler than Ojha? Which is a no, from me. Is he going to take 6 wickets in an inning to win us a match on day 4 or 5? I don't think so.

He's chosen as a batting all-rounder and we should be discussing him on that merit.

And he's blatantly not good enough. It's a damning indictment of Ranji that a guy who has 3 triples can't get past 10 runs.

KM

We'll see about that "blatantly not good enough" part then, I guess.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Jadeja's batting is not good enough, that much is quite clear from having watched him over the last 2+ years. His bowling is good and I reckon he would be quite handy even outside the subcontinent but we can't go on playing every game with 6 batsmen

KM

Really it fecks my mind over some of the captaincy and thought process by the team. The period between the lunch and tea was a total waste today.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Well the way Australia have played so far this series it wouldn't surprise me if we still managed to win

Varun

Staff
Really it fecks my mind over some of the captaincy and thought process by the team. The period between the lunch and tea was a total waste today.
Typically conservative by Dhoni n Co.