Television Inside No. 9

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Well can you at least ask them to stop making it?

b82REZ

The episode felt like they had a concept of how they wanted to film and they tacked a story to it. Didn't think it was funny at all tbh.

Oggmonster

The episode felt like they had a concept of how they wanted to film and they tacked a story to it. Didn't think it was funny at all tbh.
I don't think it's as funny as the last series but they seem to of got rid of a lot of the humour. It's not like it's trying to be funny and failing. The funny bits are still quite funny I find.

I enjoyed last nights don't know if it was meant to be obvious that Reece Shearsmith was the one ringing but I saw that coming a mile off, the more shocking part was the ending which was really well done.

b82REZ

Wasn't supposed to be funny.

Fantastic ending, really good episode.
Well considering it's a dark COMEDY I would expect some humour.

Pemberton and Shearsmith have always been able to bridge the gap between the macbre and humour, they've struggled this season. The Trial of Elizabeth Gadge was the only one that was consistently funny throughout.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think it's probably the best thing on TV at the mo. Obviously when you make deliberately askew, inventive telly then some of your punches won't land but for me what they're doing is very similar to Chris Morris in that it'll undoubtedly be copied in years to come.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Thought the last episode was great, if very telegraphed. They're obviously settling into the trend of leaving the most gothic and distrubing till last.

Felt series 2 was slightly more consistent than series 1, but without hitting it's spectacular highs. Nana's Party was the weakest of the 12. Great TV in all.

Last edited:

gza the genius

Just bought the first season of this off the back of this threads recommendation, I expect a full refund from everyone involved if I don't like it.

Loon

:lol:
Liked the spoofing of 70's BBC productions. Just thought the twist on the end was a little forced just for the sake of a twist.

Loon

:lol:
It would have been completely out of character with what Inside No.9 is if it didn't end in some horrific way.
Indeed, I just think making a snuff movie was a little facile. They usually do better.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Only just caught the Christmas special, which whilst I didn't enjoy it much, I could appreciate.

Very underappreciated show, doesn't get the viewers it deserves. Which episode is everyone's favourite?

Member 5225

So this is worth watching then (haven't seen any of it, but like the thriller/mystery type of stuff).

RedRevongge

So this is worth watching then (haven't seen any of it, but like the thriller/mystery type of stuff).
If you like the League of Gentleman and Psychoville....you will enjoy it. Same creators so same level of dark humour.

Oggmonster

Missed the Christmas episode.

New series starts tonight for anybody that didn't know, 10pm BBC 2.
Cheers didn't know it was on. Looking forward to that

The whole episode is on YouTube there from Christmas Special....not best quality though (one of them small Youtube videos) but it's watchable.

JP77

Worth watching for sure. The good thing for you jumping in is that every episode is a new story with new characters so even if you don't enjoy one/some there will probably be something in there that you'll like at some point. Episode 2 and 3 of Season 1 are must watches IMO. Almost all of Season 2 is absolutely fantastic too. Check them out mate.

Cheers didn't know it was on. Looking forward to that

The whole episode is on YouTube there from Christmas Special....not best quality though (one of them small Youtube videos) but it's watchable.
Cheers mate. I've been meaning to watch it for a while now but just not got round to it.

Tonight's episode:

After a tiresome game of badminton a group of friends go for a night out at a local restaurant. They indulge in some tapas and a few drinks, which sounds like a lot of fun – but ultimately somebody has to pay the bill at the end of the night. What has started out as a pleasant evening ends with a shocking twist, as an argument about who is going to pick up the bill erupts – and then spirals out of control.
The writing and acting is always on point so think tonight's should be great. Always twists and turns in there too. What sounds pretty simple and standard on paper almost always get turned into something brilliant by these guys.

Member 5225

Worth watching for sure. The good thing for you jumping in is that every episode is a new story with new characters so even if you don't enjoy one/some there will probably be something in there that you'll like at some point. Episode 2 and 3 of Season 1 are must watches IMO. Almost all of Season 2 is absolutely fantastic too. Check them out mate.
cheers!!

JP77

Such a great episode tonight.

The writing is some of the best on television right now and in a long time IMO.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Such a great show. More people need to watch this. I've never met anyone who has seen it.