International peak draft

Tuppet

International Peak Draft

EAP 1. J. Cruyff 2. Cafu 3. L. Messi 4. J. Masopust 5. B. Schuster 6. U. Seeler 7. O. Ruggeri 8. F. Collovati 9. H.P. Briegel 10. N. Stiles 11. D. Zoff

Sjor/Physio 1. F. Beckenbauer 2. E. Figueroa 3. A. Iniesta 4. L. Figo 5. P. Lahm 6. M. Coluna 7. J. Nasazzi 8. T. Cubillas 9. G. Batistuta 10. L. Yashin 11. N. Hidegkuti

Isotope 1. D. Maradona 2. E. Davids 3. R. Baggio 4. S. Kocsis 5. D. Passarella 6. C. Gentile 7. A. Nesta 8. I. Netto 9. L. Júnior 10. G. Banks 11. J. Angloma

2Mufc0 1. Pele 2. P. Rossi 3. R. Rivellino 4. R. Koeman 5. Dunga 6. G. Zambrotta 7. A. Pirlo 8. E. Abidal 9. T. Müller 10. M. Neuer 11. HG Schwarzenbeck

Tuppet 1. M. Garrincha 2. Romario 3. N. Santos 4. F. Puskas 5. J. Bozsik 6. V. R Andrade 7. J. Santamaria 8. M. Zagallo 9. J. Mascherano 10. A. Shesternyov 11. S. Maier

Pat Mustard 1. M. Platini 2. F. Cannavaro 3. L. Thuram 4. M. Kempes 5. B. Lizarazu 6. P. Elkjaer 7. P. McGrath 8. S. Lerby 9. A. Ghiggia 10. J. Chilavert 11. L. Fernandez

Skizzo 1. L. Ronaldo 2. Rivaldo 3. Ronaldinho 4. A. Cabrini 5. J. Kohler 6. T. Burgnich 7. M. Tardelli 8. G. Buffon 9. M. Senna 10. M. Olsen 11. Maicon

Enigma 1. G. Müller 2. B. Moore 3. P. Maldini 4. Didi 5. H. Stoichkov 6. M. Amoros 7. Z. Boniek 8. C. Makélélé 9. S. Campbell 10. M. Ballack 11. U. Fillol

Onenil 1. M. van Basten 2. F. Rijkaard 3. R. Krol 4. P. Breitner 5. R. Gullit 6. W. van Hanegem 7. B. Laudrup 8. P. Vieira 9. E. Gerets 10. M. Overmars 11. D. Seaman

Mazhar/Arbitrium 1. Jairzinho 2. J. Neeskens 3. Zico 4. D. Santos 5. Gérson 6. W. Schulz 7. D. Villa 8. M. Bossis 9. C. Puyol 10. Neymar 11. Gilmar

Joga Bonito 1. F. Baresi 2. G. Facchetti 3. P. Falcao 4. B. Charlton 5. K. Rummenigge 6. B. Vogts 7. KH Förster 8. Z. Czibor 9. J. Klinsmann 10. V. Voronin 11. H. Schumacher

Gio 1. L. Matthäus 2. M. Sammer 3. Z. Zidane 4. R. Carlos 5. D. Džajić 6. B. Schweinsteiger 7. J. Zanetti 8. P. Schmeichel 9. C. Gamarra 10. C. Vieri 11. G. Buchwald

Raees/Invictus 1. Eusébio 2. A. Brehme 3. M. Desailly 4. O. Varela 5. J. Tigana 6. G. Bergomi 7. P. Nedvěd 8. A. Robben 9. H. Chumpitaz 10. O. Kahn 11. L. Suarez

Annahnomoss 1. K. Hamrin 2. N. Liedholm 3. G. Nordahl 4. G. Gren 5. L. Skoglund 6. O. Bergmark 7. E. Nilsson 8. B. Gustavsson 9. S. Andersson 10. B. Rosengren 11. K. Svensson

Moby 1. Xavi 2. G. Scirea 3. C. Alberto 4. L. Suárez Miramontes 5. G. Meazza 6. G. Lato 7. L. Monti 8. J. Stam 9. R. Rensenbrink 10. S. Marzolini 11. W. Zenga

DownCast 1. J. Fontaine 2. R. Kopa 3. T. Henry 4. L. Blanc 5. G. Netzer 6. KH Schnellinger 7. Zito 8. J. L. Andrade 9. H. Rahn 10. F. Albert 11. L. Mazurkiewicz 12. M. Khurtsilava

Reminder: Please don't hesitate to leave your pick to somebody (Annah, GreenSmiley or somebody else) if you expect to be busy while your turn is coming up.

@Moby

Enigma_87

You know who
ffs cant decide which tournament to use for Iniesta, both versions are very similar and fit tactically.....2010 or 2012 what do you guys think?
He played on the right in 2010 and on the left in 2012 didn't he? Otherwise he had similar credentials(did equally well in both).

Although personally I'd take the 2010 version because of the 2 goals that he scored in vital moments - the first in the group decider against Chile and the other in the final of course. His all round play was fantastic in both.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Iniesta was better in 2012 in my opinion. Easily the best player in the tournament and more influential in his team. He wasn't all that great in 2010, when he just came back from injury, and mainly stood out through the impact of his two goals while Spain overall wasn't convincing or entertaining in most games.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Iniesta was better in 2012 in my opinion. Easily the best player in the tournament and more influential in his team. He wasn't all that great in 2010, when he just came back from injury, and mainly stood out through the impact of his two goals while Spain overall wasn't convincing or entertaining in most games.
will probably use 12 but i went today through the footage of 2010 and he was pretty damn good, he wasnt just rewarded for the end product in big moments.

Enigma_87

You know who
I think it was down to Spain being a bit underwhelming in 2010, especially in the group stage and then they continued to grind results in the latter stage. In 2012 he looked better, so did the team as a whole and played more fluid football. Iniesta isn't about the end product, but without his goal against Chile (from memory Chile were all over them in some parts of the game) their campaign could've ended after 3 games.

He was definitely more entertaining to watch in 2012 and it's tough to separate those two "versions" of him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Also a follow up question on the same subject. Do you think Thomas Muller was better in 2010 or 2014?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Also a follow up question on the same subject. Do you think Thomas Muller was better in 2010 or 2014?
Not much in it, in my opinion. I'd probably pick 2014, but it depends on how you want to play and where you want to play him. In 2010, Germany was mainly a counterattacking side with Müller solely playing as a right winger/wide forward. In 2014, he was shifted around a lot, played central in many games, often as a lone forward, in a more possession based side.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Spain in 2012 only played truly great in the first half if the final(second half didn't matter), for stretches in the group opener against us, and against ireland

In 2010, they were great in a loss against switzerland, against honduras, against chile and in stretches against portugal and paraguay. They weren't entertaining but dominated germany, and were the better side in the final against the dutch. Iniesta was their best player throughout the tournament and made key contributions against chile, portugal, paraguay and netherlands. In 2012 he made a key contribution against us in the opener...and that's it. It's a bit of a false myth that spain were great in 2012.

The best version of Spain was in 2008

Annahnomoss

Please don't do this. We want to avoid it guys. Makes the matches a bit too boring if public opinion has already been given on the key issues so people can adjust accordingly. No need to delete posts or anything but don't discuss it please.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Please don't do this. We want to avoid it guys. Makes the matches a bit too boring if public opinion has already been given on the key issues so people can adjust accordingly. No need to delete posts or anything but don't discuss it please.
Sorry, you're right.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
my bad, sorry :(
We already talked about Messi, Yashin, Garrincha so i didnt really think before i posted the question....at least the opinion is divided.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
'MASTER ZIZA' PELE'S IDOL AND 1950'S WORLD CUP GOLDEN BALL WINNER - ZIZINHO

On the field a number of players still wandered about. The two best crossed paths, Obdulio and Zizinho. They crossed paths. They eyed each other.

They were very different. Obdulio, the victor, was made of steel. Zizinho, the vanquished, was made of music. But they were also very much alike: both had played nearly the entire championship injured, an inflamed ankle in one case, a swollen knee in the other, and not a complaint was heard from either.

Now, at the end of the match, they didn’t know if they should give each other a slug or a hug.

Years later, I asked Obdulio, “Do you ever see Zizinho?”

“Sure. Once in a while,” he said. “We close our eyes and we see each other.”

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
International Peak Draft

EAP 1. J. Cruyff 2. Cafu 3. L. Messi 4. J. Masopust 5. B. Schuster 6. U. Seeler 7. O. Ruggeri 8. F. Collovati 9. H.P. Briegel 10. N. Stiles 11. D. Zoff

Sjor/Physio 1. F. Beckenbauer 2. E. Figueroa 3. A. Iniesta 4. L. Figo 5. P. Lahm 6. M. Coluna 7. J. Nasazzi 8. T. Cubillas 9. G. Batistuta 10. L. Yashin 11. N. Hidegkuti

Isotope 1. D. Maradona 2. E. Davids 3. R. Baggio 4. S. Kocsis 5. D. Passarella 6. C. Gentile 7. A. Nesta 8. I. Netto 9. L. Júnior 10. G. Banks 11. J. Angloma

2Mufc0 1. Pele 2. P. Rossi 3. R. Rivellino 4. R. Koeman 5. Dunga 6. G. Zambrotta 7. A. Pirlo 8. E. Abidal 9. T. Müller 10. M. Neuer 11. HG Schwarzenbeck

Tuppet 1. M. Garrincha 2. Romario 3. N. Santos 4. F. Puskas 5. J. Bozsik 6. V. R Andrade 7. J. Santamaria 8. M. Zagallo 9. J. Mascherano 10. A. Shesternyov 11. S. Maier

Pat Mustard 1. M. Platini 2. F. Cannavaro 3. L. Thuram 4. M. Kempes 5. B. Lizarazu 6. P. Elkjaer 7. P. McGrath 8. S. Lerby 9. A. Ghiggia 10. J. Chilavert 11. L. Fernandez

Skizzo 1. L. Ronaldo 2. Rivaldo 3. Ronaldinho 4. A. Cabrini 5. J. Kohler 6. T. Burgnich 7. M. Tardelli 8. G. Buffon 9. M. Senna 10. M. Olsen 11. Maicon

Enigma 1. G. Müller 2. B. Moore 3. P. Maldini 4. Didi 5. H. Stoichkov 6. M. Amoros 7. Z. Boniek 8. C. Makélélé 9. S. Campbell 10. M. Ballack 11. U. Fillol

Onenil 1. M. van Basten 2. F. Rijkaard 3. R. Krol 4. P. Breitner 5. R. Gullit 6. W. van Hanegem 7. B. Laudrup 8. P. Vieira 9. E. Gerets 10. M. Overmars 11. D. Seaman

Mazhar/Arbitrium 1. Jairzinho 2. J. Neeskens 3. Zico 4. D. Santos 5. Gérson 6. W. Schulz 7. D. Villa 8. M. Bossis 9. C. Puyol 10. Neymar 11. Gilmar

Joga Bonito 1. F. Baresi 2. G. Facchetti 3. P. Falcao 4. B. Charlton 5. K. Rummenigge 6. B. Vogts 7. KH Förster 8. Z. Czibor 9. J. Klinsmann 10. V. Voronin 11. H. Schumacher

Gio 1. L. Matthäus 2. M. Sammer 3. Z. Zidane 4. R. Carlos 5. D. Džajić 6. B. Schweinsteiger 7. J. Zanetti 8. P. Schmeichel 9. C. Gamarra 10. C. Vieri 11. G. Buchwald

Raees/Invictus 1. Eusébio 2. A. Brehme 3. M. Desailly 4. O. Varela 5. J. Tigana 6. G. Bergomi 7. P. Nedvěd 8. A. Robben 9. H. Chumpitaz 10. O. Kahn 11. L. Suarez 12. Zizinho

Annahnomoss 1. K. Hamrin 2. N. Liedholm 3. G. Nordahl 4. G. Gren 5. L. Skoglund 6. O. Bergmark 7. E. Nilsson 8. B. Gustavsson 9. S. Andersson 10. B. Rosengren 11. K. Svensson

Moby 1. Xavi 2. G. Scirea 3. C. Alberto 4. L. Suárez Miramontes 5. G. Meazza 6. G. Lato 7. L. Monti 8. J. Stam 9. R. Rensenbrink 10. S. Marzolini 11. W. Zenga

DownCast 1. J. Fontaine 2. R. Kopa 3. T. Henry 4. L. Blanc 5. G. Netzer 6. KH Schnellinger 7. Zito 8. J. L. Andrade 9. H. Rahn 10. F. Albert 11. L. Mazurkiewicz 12. M. Khurtsilava

Reminder: Please don't hesitate to leave your pick to somebody (Annah, GreenSmiley or somebody else) if you expect to be busy while your turn is coming up.

@Gio

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Possible Copa pick too Raees? I read he was great there I think.
You kinda doing it yourself, aren't you?

Annahnomoss

You kinda doing it yourself, aren't you?
:lol: Knew it would come. Just trying to offer some advice. I don't know whether he was better in '50 or in the CA so I don't have an opinion on it. Just saw it dicussed on another forum and I think they were saying it was a good one.

Not really the same as managers hearing out the opinions on the tournaments. It's just me saying look up the Copas too if you want.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Just realised that a certain player is still unpicked and mistakenly thought he had been gone earlier :(, hopefully Gio doesn't ruin it for me by picking him.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
International Peak Draft

Raees/Invictus 1. Eusébio 2. A. Brehme 3. M. Desailly 4. O. Varela 5. J. Tigana 6. G. Bergomi 7. P. Nedvěd 8. A. Robben 9. H. Chumpitaz 10. O. Kahn 11. L. Suarez 12. Zizinho

Annahnomoss 1. K. Hamrin 2. N. Liedholm 3. G. Nordahl 4. G. Gren 5. L. Skoglund 6. O. Bergmark 7. E. Nilsson 8. B. Gustavsson 9. S. Andersson 10. B. Rosengren 11. K. Svensson 12. Kock

Moby 1. Xavi 2. G. Scirea 3. C. Alberto 4. L. Suárez Miramontes 5. G. Meazza 6. G. Lato 7. L. Monti 8. J. Stam 9. R. Rensenbrink 10. S. Marzolini 11. W. Zenga 12. Suker

@Gio

I picked Dave for 96 :)