IPL 2014

zing

Zingle balls
Has Ten Doeschate anything of note? Biggest contribution seems to be keeping Kallis out who was really slowing them down.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
You can't fix finishes like this unless you have 5-6 players on it if not more.

If any final was fixed it was the last one when Chennai bundled to 6 for 40 odd.

crappycraperson

Scout
Has Ten Doeschate anything of note? Biggest contribution seems to be keeping Kallis out who was really slowing them down.
Same with Yadav. That's two players who make minimal runs and bowl an odd over here and there. Shows that you don't need so many players in 20/20

zing

Zingle balls

If any final was fixed it was the last one when Chennai bundled to 6 for 40 odd.
After all the reports coming out, I wouldn't be surprised if 5-6 players were actually involved in a fix.

I was one of those who thought that sort of thing wouldn't happen because 5-6 players is a huge number, but no more. Feel very lukewarm about cricket these days.

With coaches like Wasim Akram sitting in the dugout...

Ashwin

Snake charmer in the land of RattleSnakes.
Harsha was interviewing someone from KKR wearing a "Champions" white shirt. The guy can't speak English so Harsha politely starts his question in Hindi and this idiot starts blabbering in English. Some of these guys are really thick headed :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Yup people fail to realise that.

People suspected that the Rajasthan-Mumbai was also fixed but it's very difficult to fix matches these type of matches.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Forgot to ask but is there a term 'Kolkatan' or did Bhogle pull that out of thin air?

ManUtd43vr

I know this is wishful thinking on my part but I hope its not fixed.. I don't think I'll watch cricket anymore if some of the Indian internationals get convicted.. after 2000 it took me a good few years before I even watched a match again
Hmm, I got a call from a mate of mine who said that he got a report that KXIP will win 100%.
Mitchell Johnson was bowling such a wonderful over and then after the yorker, he bowls a half pitch ball ripe for the taking.. How could Johnson who is in the form of his life bowl a delivery like that? Even Piyush chawla said that he was expecting a half-pitch delivery.
I dont have the figures but several of my friends indulge in gambling and they told that everyone everywhere was betting for a punjab win. It all makes sense in a conspiracy sort of way.

That Mumbai vs Rajasthan match, it was insane. It just cannot happen.

CurryCantona

Been following KKR all tournament. 9 consecutive wins obviously mean they deserved to win the tournament. I love the eden gardens, and if possible next year i will try going to a game there.

Calcutta have both the purple cap, and oranje cap players. How exactly are they 4th? On form I am expecting Calcutta to win the tournament.
#sage

KM

Ajay Jadeja is a moron.

zing

Zingle balls
Mitchell Johnson was bowling such a wonderful over and then after the yorker, he bowls a half pitch ball ripe for the taking.. How could Johnson who is in the form of his life bowl a delivery like that? Even Piyush chawla said that he was expecting a half-pitch delivery.
I dont have the figures but several of my friends indulge in gambling and they told that everyone everywhere was betting for a punjab win. It all makes sense in a conspiracy sort of way.

Why are your friends gambling after so many reports of the matches being fixed?

Always wondered about that.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

Because....that's Johnson's go to delivery?

crappycraperson

Scout
After all the reports coming out, I wouldn't be surprised if 5-6 players were actually involved in a fix.

I was one of those who thought that sort of thing wouldn't happen because 5-6 players is a huge number, but no more. Feel very lukewarm about cricket these days.

With coaches like Wasim Akram sitting in the dugout...
Has there been any evidence yet to establish a result of the match was changed by fixing? Even Cronje testified that he was never able to actually 'fix' a result of the match. Only way to to do it is pay a team to lose and that can only happen by getting 4-5 players onside at least. What is easy to do and can never really be stopped in a sport like Cricket is spot fixing. Pay someone to give over 40 runs in a match. Easy peasy.

KM

Waqar is just saying that as a fast bowler he'd have done the same. Bowl yorkers, batsmen will be expecting it and then surprise them with a short ball.

MDFC Manager

Has there been any evidence yet to establish a result of the match was changed by fixing? Even Cronje testified that he was never able to actually 'fix' a result of the match. Only way to to do it is pay a team to lose and that can only happen by getting 4-5 players onside at least. What is easy to do and can never really be stopped in a sport like Cricket is spot fixing. Pay someone to give over 40 runs in a match. Easy peasy.
Was just going to say the same thing. Fixing results itself wouldn't be easy at all.

Ajay Jadeja is a moron.
We're talking of fixing and also having to listen to this guy at the same time. Hehe

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
This thread has become like the Tour De France thread. If you think it's fixed just stop watching. It's really not that hard

Moonred

A week back, I read on twitter that it was fixed to be an KKR Vs CSK final where KKR wins, then few days back i was told, it would be KXIP vs KKR where Kings win. Now that neither has happened, i seem to hear murmurs of how KKR was always fixed to win. :wenger:

KM

This thread has become like the Tour De France thread. If you think it's fixed just stop watching. It's really not that hard
Exactly. It's the same usual suspects again.

Bore off.

zing

Zingle balls
Initial report here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...Kent-at-Hove-was-investigated-by-ICC-ACU.html

Followup after Vincent's confession:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...if-with-match-fixing-county-cricket-game.html

Vicent and Arif both did not have big impact on the match if you look at the scorecard here. Arif has a slow innings but there wouldn't be betting based on his batting. So someone else ought to have been involved.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/cb40-11/engine/current/match/492346.html

I read the book quoted in the first article, by Ed Hawkins.. he's interviewing an Indian bookie and asks him "any matches in county cricket fixed?" and the bookie says "Sussex Kent 2011" -- this book came out a long while back.

Varun

Staff
Its next to impossible to fix a game like this. Specially given what transpired tonight.

Brilliant chase.

Must say though, Pandey and specially that Yadav cnut are fecking brain dead. I can understand with Pandey given how he was hitting it and the adrenaline but fecking yadav, 2 overs, 15 needed and cnut decides to smash Johnson out of the park. Tops it off by saying post match that he always knew we'd win if we stayed till the 20 overs. daft.

Varun

Staff

Waqar Younis must have fixed it too because he said he'd have done the same. so many yorkers on the trot, batsman expecting another one and so you ball a short one. unexpected, cramps him up. At his pace, to a tail ender, a bouncer is an absolutely normal delivery. As the host said, its like a game of chess at that time. Chawla won it.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Fixing a high scoring match such as this or the MI one is next to impossible.

Varun

Staff
Fixing a high scoring match such as this or the MI one is next to impossible.
I certainly wouldnt be putting my money on Saha and Pandey combined getting over 200 runs at striker rates of over 200 :lol:

Varun

Staff
I really like Bailey. Must be a fantastic captain to play under. Brilliant attitude. Couldnt be less Aussie if he tried :lol:

KM

I really like Bailey. Must be a fantastic captain to play under. Brilliant attitude. Couldnt be less Aussie if he tried :lol:
Has been a bit useless in this IPL though.

Excellent fielder too.

Varun

Staff
Has been a bit useless in this IPL though.

Excellent fielder too.
Yep, hasnt been good enough with his batting other than that knock vs CSK. Brilliant fielder though, yeah.

KM

SRK trying to be modest in his interview :lol:

ManUtd43vr

goddamn it people! You know proving ipl is fixed is not easy unless you dox. Just by looking at the trends, one cant help but feel that it is fixed.
And there was no surprise element in that half-hearted "attempt" at bouncer which ended up being a meaty half-pitch ball. We have been hearing for years that "surprise the batsman with a bouncer after a yorker" cliche from just about everybody.

Kazi

goddamn it people! You know proving ipl is fixed is not easy unless you dox. Just by looking at the trends, one cant help but feel that it is fixed.
And there was no surprise element in that half-hearted "attempt" at bouncer which ended up being a meaty half-pitch ball. We have been hearing for years that "surprise the batsman with a bouncer after a yorker" cliche from just about everybody.
That 'bouncer' was at 150kph. Why can't people just admit it was a bloody good shot from Chawla.

Varun

Staff
:lol:

How dare Mitchell Johnson bowlong at 150k bowl a bouncer to Piyush fecking Chawla. Game fixed la.

Mindhunter

Awesome display by KKR. Chasing down 200 runs in the final is no mean feat. They would have done it comfortably in the end, if not for some strange decision making by incoming batsmen.