Is Casemiro the best holding midfielder of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son

He's coming into a club fielding McFred.
He doesn't need to be keeping out peak Xavi, Iniesta and Biscuits
Shame we don’t get re-gens in real life like the game FIFA. Paul Scholes would be a good partner with him.

Knowing our owners we might just have sold the regen Scholes to Dundee for 300k.

TheLord

He is an excellent player, at least till he was playing for a very good Madrid side. Lately, United has been notorious for ruining talent, so we will have to wait and see how he performs here.

But asking if he is the best of all time is ludicrous; a better question would have been to ask if he's the best of this generation.

His acquisition interests me because we are buying the first world-class player in his prime after SAF's days, and more so, to see if a single worldie can significantly lift the performance of 10 other shitties in the team. The quality of top players playing at their peak, and particularly those with a winning mentality, tends to rubs off on others.

Footballing aspect aside, this buy is also important to lift the image of the club. People were starting to compare United to the likes of Tottenham, Arsenal and Newcastle. There were lots of negative media coverage of players rejecting United because the club isn't ambitious enough, no longer important enough. This narrative is toxic. If Casemiro is willing to come to United, other world-class players in their prime can/should too. This is pivotal as we may not see CL football for at least two seasons.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Of course he's the best of all time. Was there ever any doubt? Better than Zidane , almost as good as Scholes.

AndySmith1990

I've not commented up until now, so I can confidently state without bias that Casemiro is without doubt, the greatest DM to have ever lived

fps

Fixing Man Utd’s midfield is Casemiro’s first real test.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Give it 2 weeks and we'll be saying McTom should start over him knowing our luck.

KeanoMagicHat

No mention of our Roy?
I wouldn't consider Keane to be a holding midfielder. His best days were box to box, all-action all-rounder. He did some holding near the end of his career to a decent level, but better as box to box.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Easily. No one comes close. If they did, he would tackle them

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So Nunez is 100m with add ons and a salary sub-200k.

Casemiro is 70m with add ons and a salary of 300k+.

What am I missing here?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Give it 2 weeks and we'll be saying McTom should start over him knowing our luck.
Many (many, many) truer a word spoken in jest. Anyone remember Ronaldo when he was here? Oh he's still here? :)

mshnsh

So Nunez is 100m with add ons and a salary sub-200k.

Casemiro is 70m with add ons and a salary of 300k+.

What am I missing here?
Nunez looks like a bargain. An allround forward with blistering pace, incredible power, touch, control, movement and technique. Not to mention goalscoring ability. A scorer of great goals too.

looks shite tbf.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I did research last two days and i must say that he is. Not just dm. He is best midfielder in general.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I did the math on Casemiro so you don't have to.

Based on very super scientific calculations and stuff, the results were as follows: he is the greatest holding midfielder in the recorded history of the beautiful game.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
This thread would look weird if he turns out to be bland like varane after joining us
He won't, he hasn't had much of a decline, he's very smart, offers a big presence and is a leader (unlike Varane).

But you have to keep your expectations in check, he's mainly a destroyer, not a playmaker.

Supreme off the ball, decent (but not great) on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.