Is it time to burst Ten Hag’s bubble?

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
13 goals in Etihad and Anfield.

No words. it seems the team has only improved only in beating small team.

He has a very big job ahead of him.

Total inquest should be done tomorrow.

JP77

How rational can you expect us to be seeing as getting battered SIX fecking nil against our biggest rivals in history?!
Why can’t we be rational? It’s shit to see today tbh but it happens. I’d say watching today it’s clear it’s not on ETH. Some of the players out there completely gave up and lost their heads. We’ve seen it happen to even the best teams. I don’t see it as a need to overreact and go on a mad one when in reality we’ve been on a brilliant run. It’s an absolute freak result, even more so for anybody that has watched Liverpool this season to see how piss poor they’ve mostly been. We mentally collapsed today.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why can’t we be rational? It’s shit to see today tbh but it happens. I’d say watching today it’s clear it’s not on ETH. Some of the players out there completely gave up and lost their heads. We’ve seen it happen to even the best teams. I don’t see it as a need to overreact and go on a mad one when in reality we’ve been on a brilliant run. It’s an absolute freak result, even more so for anybody that has watched Liverpool this season to see how piss poor they’ve mostly been. We mentally collapsed today.
You’re chatting, mate. We’ve conceded seven goals to Liverpool fecking football club. Every United fan is well within their rights to let off some fecking steam tonight

Lecland07

Aside from beating Liverpool, Arsenal, Barcelona, City and Tottenham.

Also, beating the smaller teams is the most important part; they make up the most points.

Rockets Redglare

When have you ever seen a United team lose like this? Even at our worst under Ole it wasn’t this bad, it isn’t a freak result.

No big team should be losing like this to their closest rival.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think this will give the players a good kick up the arse for the next game,
This isn’t a “good kick up the arse” this is a grounds for sacking, Guardiola and Klopp have never lost 7-0 because they’re actual good managers.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Yeah, he's beaten only small teams like Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal & Barcelona in his first 9 months.

sepulturite

This isn’t a “good kick up the arse” this is a grounds for sacking, Guardiola and Klopp have never lost 7-0 because they’re actual good managers.
Grounds for a sacking?! Give your head a wobble you absolute numpty :houllier:

Toblerone92

I’ve seen some shite posted today but this may just top it. Get a grip mate, pathetic post.

JP77

When have you ever seen a United team lose like this? Even at our worst under Ole it wasn’t this bad, it isn’t a freak result.

How is it not a freak result? We’ve lost to only arsenal prior to this in 20 games. 3rd in the league a few points behind city. Just won a cup. Still in another two cups. Liverpool playing average in the lead up. How does this scream anything other than freak result? Liverpool looked bang average in the first half, they’ve battered us because we completely lost our heads in the second half which resulted in a clear freak result.

SirScholes

Shocking display and it’s been coming. Falling behind in far too many games. Persisting with Wout.
Bore off mate we have a squad that is low on quality, lost Eriksen and have no number 9
We’ve been competing on 4 fronts

we had the better chances first half, shit happens, players will get a bollocking and we go on from here

kaku06

Vulgarian
Any manager who is in charge of us conceding 7-0 to Anfield can feck off being regarded a genius in my eyes. 6 at etihad too. feck this shit. Sorry for losing it. I’m beyond pissed. I hate it myself.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
More like time for ETH to burst the players bubbles

Have faith in him. He’s doing an exceptional job. It’s a big job to fix us and people have gotten carried way with this run.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Any manager who is in charge of us conceding 7-0 to Anfield can feck off being regarded a genius in my eyes. 6 at etihad too. feck this shit.
Yeah feck Sir Alex for conceding 6 at Old Trafford to city too right

SirScholes

3/3 against Liverpool arsenal city at home also spurs and a cup final ?
players Threw the towel in and let Ten hag down not the other way round

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Yeah, he's beaten only small teams like Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal & Barcelona in his first 9 months.
I think you're very naive to talk in such a angle.

Against all those you've mentioned, we were beaten
By 3 of them away from home.

7 in Anfield.
6 in Etihad.
3 in Emirates.

Draw in Barca 2-2.

That's 18 goals in 4 games. Average of 4.5 goals a game.

At home beat all the 4

2-1 Liverpool
2-1 City
3-1 Arsenal
2-1 Barca

Scoring 9 goals.

If we are honest all those home games were abit tight than all the away games.

Add the Brenford game in there.

It seems something is not right truth be told.

My opinion is, with Bruno in team you can't win away from home comfortably. You can see even Ten Hag is pushing him on the wing, because the guy can't remain with the ball in his feet more than 5 seconds.

I'm 100% sure Ten Hag will dispose Bruno within 18 months. Biggest sign is we need Wout to play number 10 for the team to have stability. Quite telling.

Revan

Assumptionman
Worst ever performance in EPL by our team. Completely schooled in every aspect.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I think you're very naive to talk in such a angle.

Against all those you've mentioned, we were beaten
By 3 of them away from home.

7 in Anfield.
6 in Etihad.
3 in Emirates.

Draw in Barca 2-2.

That's 18 goals in 4 games. Average of 4.5 goals a game.

At home beat all the 4

2-1 Liverpool
2-1 City
3-1 Arsenal
2-1 Barca

Scoring 9 goals.

If we are honest all those home games were abit tight than all the away games.

Add the Brenford game in there.

It seems something is not right truth be told.

My opinion is, with Bruno in team you can't win away from home comfortably. You can see even Ten Hag is pushing him on the wing, because the guy can't remain with the ball in his feet more than 5 seconds.

I'm 100% sure Ten Hag will dispose Bruno within 18 months. Biggest sign is we need Wout to play number 10 for the team to have stability. Quite telling.
Just replying by stating that we've won more or less 50% of the games against big teams. If you include Newcastle & Spurs, even more.

bondsname

We’ll have to see how the team gets over this loss. This will always be a stain in our clubs history, something we will be reminded of forever. The most humiliating thing that could ever happen us .

It’s not time to discredit Ten Hag though. We have been pretty good prior to this. I’m devestated at the loss but we will have to live with it unfortunately, hopefully we can carry on but admittedly I doubt it.

Jericholyte2

Absolutely not!

This is an opportunity for ETH to deliver some home truths about players’ mentality.

But, we have a wafer thin squad without a proper striker and have been competing on four fronts, beating Barcelona (should have won twice) who had only conceded 7 in La Liga, and comfortably beating Newcastle who’ve conceded 15 in the league.

It’s an embarrassing performance but I have faith that ETH will make sure it doesn’t happen again, or lead to a prolonged drop off.

norm87cro

I criticised him against Arsenal and the Malacia Shaw experiment but no this is a knee jerk reaction and we are certainly finishing above Spurs, Newcastle and this scum

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
You’re chatting, mate. We’ve conceded seven goals to Liverpool fecking football club. Every United fan is well within their rights to let off some fecking steam tonight
It's absolutely amazing that some people can take beating 7-0 against Liverpool so easily.

Even if we won a fecking treble three days ago and lost 7-0 in a preseason game against Liverpool our manager and players would deserve criticism.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal

Very few people alive today will have seen this type of result, the last was in 1931 I believe. So assuming you went to that game aged 5 - which was my age at my first time at a footy game, you would be 97 now.

pogbasformerbarber

We’re a thin squad and we clearly hit a rock wall in the second half. I was waiting for this, albeit not expecting such a one sided result. But it was bound to happen given our run of games…let’s get some rest and move on….

I’ll just remind people we’ve had the best form in all of Europe since the WC…that’s not a fluke. Everyone just needs to chill ffs…

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Its 3 points lost, I'd call top 4 and a trophy successful before the season

Its clear since November United need a partner for Casemiro who is world class and a striker.

AlPistacho

A dose of vitamin pain is great once in a while. United during the 90s used to get, Southampton 6-2? Newcastle 5-0? Also in late 00s City beat us 6-1.

We got it early on in the season. We’ve gotten it again now. If we respond the same way… I think it could be a good thing. Just when the team might have been getting a bit to comfortable and overly praised.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
one of those that could have gone either way.

Dominos

It's not about bursting ETH's bubble, but it's about bursting this team's bubble. ETH is achieving the minimum target of getting us back in top 4 as things stand so he can't be criticised heavily.

The problem is this team is very, very overrated by arrogant fans. We scrape a lot of very close wins that has got the fans way over-excited and we still can't pass a ball anywhere near like a top team should. Our current level is one that should be scraping top 4, which is hopefully what we'll hold out for because we're not anywhere near City/Arsenal.

We're on course for 74 points at current (flattering) PPG. Our xPTS extrapolated is just 66. We're not a very good side by the standards United should expect to be judged. It's not a criticism of ETH, it's early in his reign and you can't expect too much too soon. But we don't have to pretend our performances are something that they're not, a lot of them are poor even if we win.

Kag

Are the ‘scouts’ on this forum always so pathetic?

A damning incidment of the forum, no?

Newtonius

Well yeah rationalise it all as one game as much as you like its not just a loss to Brighton is it its abject humiliation away at Anfield. Anyone thinking about the sack though is just as delusional long term this will balance expectations as long as it doesn't feck with team morale when it comes to top 4.