g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Is Pogba as good as gone?

jamesjimmybyrondean

I want him sold. He may be the best player in our team or no midfielder we sign may be better than him but my God he's a walking controversy. Every window is transfer speculation. If he does want to win titles then he should leave. Nobody knows if Ole's plan will work. Nobody knows how long it will take. He's a very good player that deserves to be in a top team.

For a player that has been very vocal about going to Madrid, If he's staying my guess is because Madrid or Juve can't cough his price tag out. Maybe PSG if they sell one of their stars? He'd fit them like a glove.

If he does end up signing a new contract we should stop using him as if he's a deep lying playmaker and just play him in his best position as LCM. The role is free anyways. Mcctominay or Fred can play as RCM and all we need is a good DM. So he's just one DM away from the support he's asking for and we're just one good DM away from having one of the best midfield in the premier league

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fergiesarmy1 has really embarrassed himself in this thread, to the point where, if you were a newbie, I’m sure the mods would be circling. For someone who is likely a grumpy old man in reality, all retorts haven’t been above primary school playground level.

gajender

Fergiesarmy1 has really embarrassed himself in this thread, to the point where, if you were a newbie, I’m sure the mods would be circling. For someone who is likely a grumpy old man in reality, all retorts haven’t been above primary school playground level.
Ignore it man we all have players we like and some we don't and we do go overboard sometimes in their praise and criticism, but Pogba does bring out the worst in some posters it sometimes just feel so personal for them it's better not to engage with such posters.

Because people have been allowing their buttons to be pushed ever since he joined. Hes never been outside our best 3 performers since he came but people outside the club who know nothing about his personality, professionalism etc know that they can get attention by talking about him.

As far as I can see all he's really ever done is make one bad comment in an interview in Japan about being open to a new challenge. It not even unusual in the modern game. Other than that his crime seems to be his gait and style of play which to me looks completely inherent.

People have lost their minds when it comes to Pogba. Its become highly emotive for some people. But the narrative behind most of it seems to be an invention. 90% of opinions on him seem laced with projection. Very odd.
Aye, that’s it in a nutshell.

For how long? Until two bad games in a row and all that went before will be forgotten. In fact, the whole season will be written off as a disappointment. The same will happen with Martial, and mark my words, Fred will go back to being rubbish soon too, after only a couple of games. There is a group of players who have much shorter string, and are generally warmed to grudgingly. There are others who the poor/average performances are excused within minutes, so that by the time a good one comes, the narrative will not be ‘one good game’.

Nobody will sing Pogba’s praises unless United are great again. Regardless of his own personal form, he will be considered underwhelming so long as United are where they are.
Another post that absolutely nails it.

TrueRed79

He's one of the worst posters on this forum. Muted a long time ago.
We all know what Raiola's comments mean. New contract incoming. Clubs highest earner etc. Not a Pogba fan anymore. That ship sailed a long time ago for me but still a better option than what we have. So i'm pretty passive about the whole situation now.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Pogba has been ”very vocal” about going to Madrid? Quotes please @jamesjimmybyrondean
"I want a new challenge", his love story with Zidane, his brother wouldn't shut up about it. Basically it's very obvious that he wants to leave to Madrid. There's no doubt about it.

I want him to leave because that's what's good for him. He can't use his prime years hoping that we will start challenging for titles. Nobody knows when Ole's rebuild will lead to titles or if it will lead to anything.

"I want a new challenge", his love story with Zidane, his brother wouldn't shut up about it. Basically it's very obvious that he wants to leave to Madrid. There's no doubt about it.
Hahha!

So very vocal is being French and liking Zidane and saying absolutely nothing about Real Madrid, a club and manager he has previously snubbed to join United.

I guess I have a new found understanding of “very vocal” :lol:

Rocknrolla69er

Am I right in thinking Raiolas pretty much saying Pogba doesn't know what Oles system is or if he fits it, I noticed he d played a lot deeper at first under Ole.

Who cares move him on, wrong mentality and application in my opinion

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Am I right in thinking Raiolas pretty much saying Pogba doesn't know what Oles system is or if he fits it, I noticed he d played a lot deeper at first under Ole.

He is talking about ManUtd post SAF.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

It's not about Ole or Pogba but the club's businesses since SAF left.

Sp00ks11

I don

I want him to leave because that's what's good for him. He can't use his prime years hoping that we will start challenging for titles. Nobody knows when Ole's rebuild will lead to titles or if it will lead to anything.
I don’t see anything ‘very vocal’ here.

led_scholes

I really like him as a player but his time is over here. He has 1.5 years in his contract, thus it is better to sell him now.

Edit: someone pointed out he has actually 2.5 years. Well in tha case, sell him in the summer.

meamth

Wow.

Indeed it is.

Very, very vocal. Shocking.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
The criticism is irrational. What else can you say when people are making up conspiracy theories on whether his injury is real or not?

And Pogba doesn't need to be judged to a higher standard when we're discussing who should be at United or not. Go ahead and use a different standard when discussing whether he had a good season or not based on his standards. When you use that higher standard to suggest he needs to leave, then it's just absurd.

Imagine if Messi scored 35 goals. That would be a sub par season for Messi standards. Would anyone suggest he needs to leave when he'll outscore 95% of strikers? No. That's absurd. When discussing who needs to leave, everyone should be judged at the same standard. The squad improves by raising the standard. You don't improve the squad by a lot by simply replacing the better players.
You're clutching straws, and you probably know it.

Messi was not a world record signing, he was an academy product. He set his own ridiculous standards. Now, if he were to have a mediocre season (which he's never had, approaching the twilight of his career) he'll be forgiven, because he's delivered consistently game after game, season upon season. People may question if he's past it, is it time to retire, but his quality is not questionable.

The two are nothing alike. Messi has established himself, Pogba still has a lot to prove.

The Urban Goose

The Pogba of Ole's first few games would be a massive asset, particularly in the #10 role.

However that Pogba has only reached those consistent heights for a 15-ish game streak is pretty poor and I'm sick to death of the circus and conversation around him.

No player is bigger than the club; Beckham was a much better player for the team and he was shipped out for less.

I'd like to see us become a team of stars again, rather than a team of supporting players to one superstar. It's tiresome, and leaves us exposed to his or his agent's whims.

I sincerely hope he returns in January and settles into the #10 role, as that could propel us into the top 4. History though suggests this is a pipe dream.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The Pogba of Ole's first few games would be a massive asset, particularly in the #10 role.

However that Pogba has only reached those consistent heights for a 15-ish game streak is pretty poor and I'm sick to death of the circus and conversation around him.

No player is bigger than the club; Beckham was a much better player for the team and he was shipped out for less.

I'd like to see us become a team of stars again, rather than a team of supporting players to one superstar. It's tiresome, and leaves us exposed to his or his agent's whims.

I sincerely hope he returns in January and settles into the #10 role, as that could propel us into the top 4. History though suggests this is a pipe dream.
Let’s go and get some more then. Is that not the logical thing to do?

One thing is true though, if we fill our squad with average players, we won’t have to deal with agents angling for moves to Madrid, so silver lining I guess?

That said, even when we have had players in the past who fit the Souness/Fergiesarmy1 mould of what a committed player looks like, when they have actually been good enough to attract attention from top clubs, they have angled for moves like Rooney, Keane and to a lesser extent, Rio - and have actually left us for other top clubs like Vidic and Herrera. Nobody knows who cares or is committed more than the next man. A lot of English fans are easily bought by sprinting. Tevez ran a lot and cared only about himself. Pogba is only 26 and has chosen Manchester United twice in his career already. There seems to be an insecurity/distrust with having high profile players.

Denis' cuff

Only thing that can be argued is consistency with which he controls/dominates games. While states suggest he’s scoring or assisting 1 in every 2, somethings are judged by eye not stats. Like the fact that he’s by far our most gifted player, only Martial, Rashford, De Gea, Maguire, AWB deserve to play in the same team as him.
Where do these people come from? Not the aforementioned but the poster. Martial and Ddg have been awful for the past 12 months. Maguire, disappointing so far but allowances due to settling in. Rashy? No argument there but there are several players far more deserving than most of those listed. Really wonder what world some people live in. Celebrity followers, not United supporters, for sure.

The Urban Goose

There seems to be an insecurity/distrust with having high profile players.
Is there? Ronaldo was high profile and still people love him despite moving to Real.

Becks, Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Ruud, Stam, RVP etc, all high profile and all generally loved.

I don't think "we" (as a club) inherently distrust high profile players, just those who appear to think they're bigger than the club.

Denis' cuff

Pogba letting the fatman talk for him again.

So now its the clubs fault for buying him and the clubs system or lack of- not fitting him. Not only that- but apparently we have had the privelage of Pogba not throwing his toys out over the summer because of his "respect" for Ole?

So if it was a different manager he would have forced a move? How about respecting your contract. Respecting the club that brought you through. Showing some professionalism to your employers. Having some integrity as a player.

And mainly have some balls and defend yourself if you think the criticism is unfair. We have given him the opportunity to step up as a leader. Systems adjusted. Freedom given. Trying to build a team around him.

And that fat b****d talking about players not fitting or United not having an identity?

Ole has worked his arse off trying to turn the tide and re-impose values on the club, yet a few words by seniôr soccerpimp gains more traction than the good being done at the club. The board structure is crap- but no way should we accept that as an excuse for Pogbas failings.

Railoa can f**k off and take those very eejits that have used United as a vehicle for making a quick buck, with him.

I wanted to see Pogba at no.10 and see how he fared in this system.

I retract it all- fast sell to PSG, get him off the wage bill and get a couple more in that want to play for United. Refreshing to see good players who give a fck like James/Rashford/McT/Fred (good sometimes) . Out with these primadonnas

Seano_thegr81

It all feels to me like Pogba and his agent have realised no one has the money to cough up his transfer fee so they're trying to save grace. He wanted a new challenge last summer and we've hardly improved much since then so why would he suddenly change his mind?

Still gone in the summer I reckon.

Haaland will demand the starting spot. If Ole won't give him that, he'll go to Dortmund or whatever team can guarantee him. It's just common sense.
I don’t see anything ‘very vocal’ here.
Wow.

Indeed it is.

Very, very vocal. Shocking.
Best of all is here typed his "evidence" of him being very vocal and was then confident enough to continue with "There's no doubt about it." :lol:

If any of our players currently would prefer to join Madrid, Barca, Bayern or Juve you can hardly blame them in fairness. It's up to us as a club to change that as quickly as possible and show all of our players that they can achieve everything here.

roonster09

Scout
Pogba letting the fatman talk for him again
This is Raiola's interview where he talked about his life, interests, how he works. Pogba part is very small in that interview.

Funny how people twist this interview.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
This is Raiola's interview where he talked about his life, interests, how he works. Pogba part is very small in that interview.

Funny how people twist this interview.
Maybe it's not so much the twisting of the interview that's the issue but the reasons behind it. Raiola is famous for his manipulation when dealing with clubs but as his job is to get the best deal for his clients (and himself) then maybe he can't be mocked for it although he does leave a sour taste in the mouth for almost everyone.

I for one question the timing of it. To me it sounds like Pogba has been told his Madrid move is off and Raiola is now working on damage limitation by blaming the club for everything that's gone on before, trying to deflect any discretions made by himself and Pogba and there has been a few.

I can see why Raiolas words are music to the ears for a lot of United supporters but for some (myself) I can't trust anything that comes out of his fat toad of a mouth because everything he says is mostly for his own benefit and if lying and manipulation helps his cause then he has absolutely no problems going down that path.

Mainoldo

His brother, his agent and I’ll guarantee in 10 years time a lot of shit will come out about his period at United that will make pogbaistas ashamed.
What the culturist boarderline racist fans couldn’t adjust to him being the flag ship player for ‘their’ club.

I can’t wait.

roonster09

Scout
Maybe it's not so much the twisting of the interview that's the issue but the reasons behind it. Raiola is famous for his manipulation when dealing with clubs but as his job is to get the best deal for his clients (and himself) then maybe he can't be mocked for it although he does leave a sour taste in the mouth for almost everyone.

I for one question the timing of it. To me it sounds like Pogba has been told his Madrid move is off and Raiola is now working on damage limitation by blaming the club for everything that's gone on before, trying to deflect any discretions made by himself and Pogba and there has been a few.

I can see why Raiolas words are music to the ears for a lot of United supporters but for some (myself) I can't trust anything that comes out of his fat toad of a mouth because everything he says is mostly for his own benefit and if lying and manipulation helps his cause then he has absolutely no problems going down that path.
Yeah go and tweet Jason Burt for the timing. I don't know why people post nonsense like timing of the interview, pogba part is nothing in that huge interview. It's just small part in it.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Yeah go and tweet Jason Burt for the timing. I don't know why people post nonsense like timing of the interview, pogba part is nothing in that huge interview. It's just small part in it.
You don't think Raiola is capable of manipulating an interview (and the timing) to suit his agenda? Sorry but I do. If I had of said, if anyone doesn't believe that the timing of this interview is too much of a coincidence is an idiot then you would have a point. But I didn't but you did by calling my post nonsense. Do you know 100% that it's nonsense? Do you have proof? Of course you don't and neither do I which is why I said I question the timing of the interview and not made a statement of fact.

roonster09

Scout
You don't think Raiola is capable of manipulating an interview (and the timing) to suit his agenda? Sorry but I do. If I had of said, if anyone doesn't believe that the timing of this interview is too much of a coincidence is an idiot then you would have a point. But I didn't but you did by calling my post nonsense. Do you know 100% that it's nonsense? Do you have proof? Of course you don't and neither do I which is why I said I question the timing of the interview and not made a statement of fact.
Ok.

Superden

So Pogba has never really caused a fuss or thrown his toys out of the pram, gone on strike or himself given lengthy interviews full of grievances against the club / manager, and yet hes talked about like a pariah (both by pundits, and fans on here).
In the meantime mr Raiola comes out with statements that pretty much sumaraise much of what the CAF has been saying the last few years and he is pilloried.

diddums.