Is Rashford better than the likes of Saint Maximin?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yeah, he's not it. Needs to warm bench permanently

Jacob

Bad choice to sub him on. He offers nothing.

Donny would've given us more.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
hopefully we can get 20 mil for Sancho so we can get Saint Maximin

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The problem is with Rashford, as it is with many England players, that once you reach a certain level of recognition and status in the game, you stop being questioned. Your ability isn’t questioned because, how could you be bad when you have played for England so many times!?

It’s too long a phase now to say he hasn’t regressed as a footballer. He has no weight of pass, no vision, no end product and makes the worst decisions I have seen from an attacking player in the PL (possibly bar Traore).

He needs moved on in the summer. Players like ASM (although he has his own issues at times) currently offer far more, because at least they don’t shy away and make themselves available.

He needs a serious wake up call, because he just isn’t a good enough footballer.

Gatecrasher27

There is a squad number at Salford just waiting for Rashfords name to be next to it

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Even a shit traore was looking like messi compared to rashford.

SER19

Hes a terrible player who seems to have totally squandered his talent.

A PR exercise of a footballer, completely captured by whoever is around him. There is simply no way you can be a developing footballer who expends full time levels of energy with countless endeavours. Its become a mortal sin to criticise of course but his complete tapering off has coincided with his ascendancy as a PR machine which sums up United completely. Those in charge are probably delighted

Oscar Bonavena

He needs to be shipped out. He can't even play simple passes now. ASM is way better but there are probably 20+ attacking players in the PL who would do a better job for us right now.

BerryBerryShrew

Boom!

Shut this thread, fecking nonesense comparison!
I mean, they switched over to the last few mins of the Newcastle game on my stream after our match finished and ASM took 3 players out of the game before laying it on a plate for Willock who missed it.

Not sure why people are so riled up at the comparison- ASM is a fantastic talent and I'm delighted that Klopp or Pep haven't gotten their hands on him (yet).

Stadjer

I mean, they switched over to the last few mins of the Newcastle game on my stream after our match finished and ASM took 3 players out of the game before laying it on a plate for Willock who missed it.

Not sure why people are so riled up at the comparison- ASM is a fantastic talent and I'm delighted that Klopp or Pep haven't gotten their hands on him (yet).
Redcad has a weird obsession with talking down ASM his ability. Same for Adama. Guess most here just want nice stats and dont care about the rest.

Many here didnt think Mane was good before Liverpool got him.... ASM could be the same and explode in a better team and tactics that suit him. He sure has talent.

M Bison

Supports
York City

I find it infuriating that we write our players off so quickly and put opposition players on such a pedestal.

Rashford is a fantastic talent and we’re lucky to have him, he’s just in bad form and off the back of that, our impatient fan base has decided he should be binned.

It’s not the first time we’ve had threads like this, the last one about “bursting his bubble” thankfully got shut down.

BerryBerryShrew

I find it infuriating that we write our players off so quickly and put opposition players on such a pedestal.

Rashford is a fantastic talent and we’re lucky to have him, he’s just in bad form and off the back of that, our impatient fan base has decided he should be binned.

It’s not the first time we’ve had threads like this, the last one about “bursting his bubble” thankfully got shut down.
1. He's been in "bad form" for around two successive years now. I don't think fans are impatient for losing hope.
2. Being in "bad form" means that you try harder off the ball to compensate for your mediocrity, it doesn't mean swanning around like you are a Messi/Maradona hybrid without bothering to press or track runners. His refusal to even try to go for the rebound against Villa was genuinely an insult to the fans.

That being said, I was much happier with his off the ball work ethic today. Long may that continue.

M Bison

Supports
York City
1. He's been in "bad form" for around two successive years now. I don't think fans are impatient for losing hope.
2. Being in "bad form" means that you try harder off the ball to compensate for your mediocrity, it doesn't mean swanning around like you are a Messi/Maradona hybrid without bothering to press or track runners. His refusal to even try to go for the rebound against Villa was genuinely an insult to the fans.

That being said, I was much happier with his off the ball work ethic today. Long may that continue.
I maintain it’s bad form and we’ll see a resurgence in the future. Personally, I’m not writing him off yet and believe he’ll continue to be an important player for us.

MS4

ASM still way way better than Rashy. I am a great Rashford fan but that's how it is currently.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
7th for minutes per goal in the PL this season. He’s had a couple of shit games in a dysfunctional side, but is still ticking over.

Can’t wait until he’s fully firing on the left. Boy, do we miss his runs in behind. No-one else at the club has them.

Longshanks

I would say his bad form has been about 2 months not years, he was our second best player last season behind bruno, struggled in the last couple of months with injuries. I don't think his form was ever really bad he just wasn't hitting the heights of the early part of the season where at times he was ripping it up.

He has then come back after surgery into a struggling side trying to regain his form and fitness gone through a manager change and hasn't really got going. His not going for that ball against villa that he was never getting anywhere near anyway was more of a confidence issue, he convinced himself he wasn't getting there, a confident player would go for it irregardless.

Hopefully that goal and that moment today will be like a shot in the arm for him and we will begin to see his best again very soon, because the team could do with a fully fit and firing rashford.

Lentwood

I am pleased for Rashford (again) but I do feel as though it lends credence to what I have always said - excellent sub to bring on when the game gets stretched but near pointless against low-block sides.

Again though, it really comes down to can our manager and coaches figure out when, how and where to use him to get maximum output - because Ole and Jose both failed to do so regulalry

crossy1686

career ending
I've never rated him. Thought he was a kick and run merchant even when he was rated on here.

Another I don't rate is Bruno. He plays 5% passes and loses the ball so many times. Just by the law of averages one of those passes come off and he gets seen as amazing. Before it was his penalties papering over the cracks of a poor team player. Now with losing his penalties, he's being exposed for what he is. An erratic Hollywood passer
Who do you rate?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Rashford is head and shoulders above St Maximin.
Rashford has shown quality At the highest level, SM really hasn't.

wolvored

Maybe bring a sub has given him a kick up the arse that he can't play shit and start every game. In fact I would keep Elanga as a starter and bring him on from the bench. His speed at the 70-75 min mark is what's needed at that time.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I think him and Greenwood have poor decision making (i.e. both are a little stupid) and that's definitely something that can be fixed.

romufc

They are both the same age, Rashford is clear of ASM.

People forget Rashford has put up numbers for the last 2 seasons as well, without a "coach" as some would say.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Rashford is head and shoulders above the likes of ASM and Adama for one reason. End product. Marcus knows where the back of the net is!
This is the problem with the Rashford defense force. It's not all about goals in football, especially when he's a rubbish striker.

His performances and ability to contribute to chance creation have been poor for at least 1.5 years. We have seen what happens when three people who all want to score and take shots play together - it doesn't work.

NiceGuyEddie

Read somewhere the other day that his form seems to be coinciding with his relationship status with his long-term girlfriend. Interesting theory. Has he simply been depressed?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is the problem with the Rashford defense force. It's not all about goals in football, especially when he's a rubbish striker.

His performances and ability to contribute to chance creation have been poor for at least 1.5 years. We have seen what happens when three people who all want to score and take shots play together - it doesn't work.
Talks about winger/wing forward and calls him rubbish striker, and this is the problem with Anit-Rashford club.