Is there anyone left who wants to defend lvg now?

Litch

Unfortunately he's not going anywhere. There's no guarantees that he won't be here next year too. If he was going to be sacked, would have gone at the start of the window.

mu77

who still believes he's building a team for the next manager? really?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It's hard to take anyone seriously who doesn't think van Gaal isn't right for the job.. His resume proves that, no question about that.

What we need is proven players, over 24 years and hopefully as much experience from Europe as possible. We have so many players for the future and trusting them to make a big difference now is not realistic.
So to properly see whether he is the right guy for the Man Utd job, we look towards his time at Barca, Bayern, AZ and Ajax instead of what he's done at Man Utd for the last 1 and half seasons?

Right....

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Only way to defend him is to look at the injuries.

Shaw
Rojo
Jones
Valencia
Darmian
Schweinsteiger
Carrick
Young

That's an entire defense and midfield in itself. If not for Smalling and De Gea staying fit, we'd be in a relegation battle now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Shaw
Rojo
Jones
Valencia
Darmian
Schweinsteiger
Carrick
Young

That's an entire defense and midfield in itself. If not for Smalling and De Gea staying fit, we'd be in a relegation battle now.
That is grim.

Still, the criticism isn't entirely related just to what people are seeing today. He's been here for over 18 months, and we play poor football, whether we have our best 11 or our not. That's the bigger picture. The best it gets is pretty average.

Member 60376

It is not working, team is not good enough and so little depth that the injuries mean the first team is horribly unbalanced. The first half was atrocious and there was never a period in the game except the early second half where I enjoyed our performance. Darmian going off somehow killed us off and that is not expected of a professional team. Janujaz directly contributed to the goal by being silly, and with McNair at fault too. There are far too many pedestrian players who ought not be United first teamers. I liked the manager and had great hopes for him and us. It is a shame that Koeman gets his old rival sacked and would have preferred it to have turned out differently but there is no way back from this. Bye LvG and sorry it did not work out. He will be gone this week

fallengt

"It's all players' fault" .
I hate this fecking excuse. If that was the case why would we need a manager to begin with ? Just sign all the big names out there and let's them play whatever they want like bunch of little kids and hope for the best. Is that what LvG's apologists suggesting ?

When Manchester United just have 35 shots on target at Old Trafford, you can only blame it on philosophy here.

POF

The system he chose against Southampton was ludicrous. He mentioned that it was tough to break them down because they played with 5 defenders. His solution? Match their system and play 5 defenders himself.

He then stuck with that system for the entire 90 minutes even though the team mustered just one shot on target. His "attacking" moves were bringing Januzaj on at wing back and putting Smalling up front. Having Januzaj in a defensive position was the cause of giving away the soft free kick for the goal.

This is Manchester United changing their system to deal with Southampton at home. Sometimes you can over think it and would be better off playing to your own strengths and letting the opposition worry about you.

C'est Moi Cantona

Shaw
Rojo
Jones
Valencia
Darmian
Schweinsteiger
Carrick
Young

Yes but it's not like all these players have been out at the same time for a long period of time, Shaw, Rojo, Valencia, Jones, and Carrick have been out ages, Schw, Young, and Darmian have been there most of the time, and of those who are out all the time I'd say only Shaw, and possibly Jones are starting players now, surely with a well a manged squad we should be able to handle that without looking like a championship team.

In some ways LvG has been quite fortunate in that his main two centre backs have not been injured, as hasn't DDG, or the 20 starlet he seems determined to run into the ground.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
If Martial plays well for France and they win the Euro this summer, he should get credit for that trophy as well. If it's not France, he could win it with Spain or Germany. Maybe even England because of Smalling's contribution. And that kind of success could boost his United career, it's the trophy he needs this season to turn things around. I really think United should wait at least until after the Euro before making a decision about van Gaal.

Dr Fink

Two holding midfielders in home games and one of them being Fellaini.......a ha ha ha ha........clueless. No attacking intent. Tactics from the 90s.......we are doomed. Go now Louis.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If Martial plays well for France and they win the Euro this summer, he should get credit for that trophy as well. If it's not France, he could win it with Spain or Germany. Maybe even England because of Smalling's contribution. And that kind of success could boost his United career, it's the trophy he needs this season to turn things around. I really think United should wait at least until after the Euro before making a decision about van Gaal.
He's making fun of us.. please make it stop :(

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Unfortunately, yes...a couple of pages back.

Not only did he say Van Gaal was responsible for Germany's win , but also Spain's win too.

I'm not making this up.

Santiago kinderbueno . He's good for a laugh though.
:lol:

Big difference between assisting & being responsible. Spain was utter shite before iniesta & Xavi & also possesion football. This is something van gaal RE-started at barcelona.

That is all.

I wonder if Germany would have won things without Muller, Schweinsteiger (of course let's stick him out on the wing:lol:) & basically Bayern suddenly being the best club in the world under Heyckenes.

I'm good for a laugh i guess. However, let's not pretend that no-one is laughing at you :lol:

The similarities between the whiners of Barcelona & Bayern and the Ones on this site & at Old Trafford is all I was hoping to reduce :rolleyes:

It was never going to happen for idiots who believe that the manager who sells RVP & Nani & hernandez to Utilise players like lingard & martial & memphis is going to hit the ground running & win titles :lol:

What's even funnier is the crying of our fans about the money spent :lol: at a time when we have sold all our deadwood & high earners except one or two & at a time when an average players costs 30 or so million complaning about something like 120 million approx net spent :lol:

Then you have absolutely nuppties wanting to sack the manager as if any other manager would instantly make us a better team with the utilisation of lingard, januzaj & co. Mate they have so much adapting to do before a manager just as past it as mourinho can come manage a team never mind his reliance on his cheque book & negligence of youth.

Never mind his bland style of football too :lol:

What about the idiot's who think we were trying to progress last year? Does last year's squad look at all similar to this years :lol: how couls you possibly expect van gaal to do his tactics to players like falcao & Rvp & Di maria :lol:. It's bloody obvious that our goals were different last year to this year.

We have under-achieved no doubt, so has the managee & the players but let's not pretend that the likes of me & the other posters who get it didn't expect rhis type of results from the start. We did, before all of you combined - all we are trying to show is there are benefits & pretty strong ones at that hidden under the poor performances as seen at his almost duplicate performances for Bayern & Barcelona

Inspired by the posts of of Dr. Funkenstein and Santiago_Kinderbueno
You see people do realise that we have done research whilst the majority of others just stare :eek: & react to their senses as if they were mere animals :lol:

http://www.unique-design.net/librar...ee_ten_thousandths_of_a_second_difference.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Big difference between assisting & being responsible. Spain was utter shite before iniesta & Xavi & also possesion football. This is something van gaal RE-started at barcelona.

That is all.

I wonder if Germany would have won things without Muller, Schweinsteiger (of course let's stick him out on the wing:lol:) & basically Bayern suddenly being the best club in the world under Heyckenes.

I'm good for a laugh i guess. However, let's not pretend that no-one is laughing at you :lol:

The similarities between the whiners of Barcelona & Bayern and the Ones on this site & at Old Trafford is all I was hoping to reduce :rolleyes:

It was never going to happen for idiots who believe that the manager who sells RVP & Nani & hernandez to Utilise players like lingard & martial & memphis is going to hit the ground running & win titles :lol:

What's even funnier is the crying of our fans about the money spent :lol: at a time when we have sold all our deadwood & high earners except one or two & at a time when an average players costs 30 or so million complaning about something like 120 million approx net spent :lol:

Then you have absolutely nuppties wanting to sack the manager as if any other manager would instantly make us a better team with the utilisation of lingard, januzaj & co. Mate they have so much adapting to do before a manager just as past it as mourinho can come manage a team never mind his reliance on his cheque book & negligence of youth.

What about the idiot's who think we were trying to progress last year? Does last year's squad look at all similar to this years :lol: how couls you possibly expect van gaal to do his tactics to players like falcao & Rvp & Di maria :lol:. It's bloody obvious that our goals were different last year to this year.

We have under-achieved no doubt, so has the managee & the players but let's not pretend that the likes of me & the other posters who get it didn't expect rhis type of results from the start. We did, before all of you combined - all we are trying to show is there are benefits & pretty strong ones at that hidden under the poor performances as seen at his almost duplicate performances for Bayern & Barcelona

You see people do realise that we have done research whilst the majority of others just stare :eek: & react to their senses as if they were mere animals :lol:

http://www.unique-design.net/librar...ee_ten_thousandths_of_a_second_difference.jpg

For the love of God get out of van Gaals anus man!

LVG has been nothing short of a disaster.

He's been given 18 months of free reign to do exactly what he wants and he has absolutely fecked it up.

The buck stops with the manager and we are in absolute free fall.

In nearly 30 years of supporting this great club I have never seen such boring, ineffectual football.

Please tell me that you are a WUM?

Spoony

The People's President

That is all.

Can someone put him out of his misery?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Would you please stop talking about Schweinsteiger in CM instead of out on the wing as something no one else would have done? What you're suggesting is just factual wrong. Heynckes moved him to CM at the end of the 08/09 season before van Gaal pushed him back out on the wing in preseason and had to be convinced by the players to go back to Heynckes' blueprint of van Bommel & Schweinsteiger as the central midfield pair. I posted an interview with Schweinsteiger from summer 2010 in this thread, in which he explains how the move into the middle happened:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/is-...o-defend-lvg-now.412938/page-22#post-18652479

Here's the relevant part of said post:
It's the crazy exaggeration of that influence that's so annoying, because it's so disrespectful to other managers. For example, Schweinsteiger's move to central midfield is solely credited to van Gaal. What's interesting is that Schweinsteiger talked in an interview in 2010 with the magazine 11 Freunde about that change. Heynckes as interim manager after he took over from Klinsmann in 2008/2009 was the first one to play Schweinsteiger in CM, van Gaal moved him back to the wing and had to be convinced by the players to continue with him in a central role.

Here's the link and the relevant quote in German:
Jupp Heynckes war der erste, der Sie im zentralen Mittelfeld auf der Sechserposition einsetzte. Louis van Gaal hat Sie dann zunächst wieder auf die Außenbahn beordert.

Eigentlich wollte Louis van Gaal ein anderes System spielen. Aber das klappte nicht so gut, weil Franck (Ribéry, d.Red.) lieber auf der Außenbahn spielen wollte. Also hat der Trainer sich unsere Sicht auf die Dinge angehört. Ich denke, das ist eine große Qualität von ihm, dass er unsere Ideen in seine Arbeit mit einbezieht. Auch andere Spieler wollten, dass ich zentraler spiele, also hat er sich drauf eingelassen.
http://www.11freunde.de/interview/bastian-schweinsteiger-ueber-seine-karriere-1

Question: Jupp Heynckes was the first manager, who played you in the central midfield as a number 6. Lous van Gaal then ordered you back to the wing.

Answer:
Louis Van Gaal actually wanted to play a different system. But that didn't work very well, because Ribery prefered to play on the wing. So the manager listened to our view on the matter. I think, that's a big quality of him, that he listens to our ideas and includes them in his work. Other players wanted me to play central as well, so he accepted it.

Stringer

That is all.

As clueless, mental and arrogant as ever I see. It's quite scary you can so wilfully ignore what is actually happening right in front of your eyes.

Moriarty

I really think United should wait at least until after the Euro before making a decision about van Gaal.
Rearrange the following into a well-known phrase or saying: off piss.

He needs to go now whilst we can still salvage something from this season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This part is interesting, are you suggesting that Van gaal spent money on Di Maria and Falcao knowing that they weren't suited to his style? Are you suggesting that from the beginning he planned to get rid of them in his second season and start with a brand new concept and roster? Are you suggesting that he decided to waste money and time in 2014-2015? Weren't you the one suggesting that from the beginning he had a plan for the 3 years of his contract, because now you are suggesting that he had two plans?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

That is all.

Well done, this is the worst post I have seen without even reading it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
'Januzaj and co.' have been neglected: Pereira is considering a loan move after nominal match time, Januzaj was sent out on loan, as was Wilson. And this was all during our worst period of attacking football that I have ever seen at this club. His bleeding and utilisation of youth is mythological. He has used defenders, but out of necessity rather than merit or abilities. Just another alleged positive of Vangle's to cross off his list. Charlatan.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
'Januzaj and co.' have been neglected: Pereira is considering a loan move after nominal match time, Januzaj was sent out on loan, as was Wilson. And this was all during our worst period of attacking football that I have ever seen at this club. His bleeding and utilisation of youth is mythological. He has used defenders, but out of necessity rather than merit or abilities. Just another alleged positive of Vangle's to cross off his list. Charlatan.
Again, he has loaned out or planning to loan out the best youngsters. He has not loaned out Mcnair & lingard & jackson but loaned out wilson, januzaj & possibly now pereira.

Right, that suits his personal mission doesn't it? Afterall he did give these players new contracts too..
This part is interesting, are you suggesting that Van gaal spent money on Di Maria and Falcao knowing that they weren't suited to his style? Are you suggesting that from the beginning he planned to get rid of them in his second season and start with a brand new concept and roster? Are you suggesting that he decided to waste money and time in 2014-2015? Weren't you the one suggesting that from the beginning he had a plan for the 3 years of his contract, because now you are suggesting that he had two plans?
Nope. I never said his full 3 year contract was to rearrange. The first year was purely to get us back in to the CL. We bought just about any high quality player we could attract to a non CL competing team. My biggest dissapointment this season would be if we had to go back in to doing just that instead of progressing with youngsters.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Again, he has loaned out or planning to loan out the best youngsters. He has not loaned out Mcnair & lingard & jackson but loaned out wilson, januzaj & possibly now pereira.
Despite saying in the past he does not loan out his best youth players, saying it's better to keep them at the club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nope. I never said his full 3 year contract was to rearrange. The first year was purely to get us back in to the CL. We bought just about any high quality player we could attract to a non CL competing team. My biggest dissapointment this season would be if we had to go back in to doing just that instead of progressing with youngsters.
So, what was his second year mission?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

That is all.

There's a lot of green in this post.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

That is all.

I've been in a bad mood since yesterday evening. Watching that LvG's manufactured rubbish, and then being stuck in traffic for 3 hours. Please stop posting these many smilies or I might just press the ban switch, and I'm generally a very placid person.

Reactions: Livvie

ravi2

That is all.

Its a miracle you haven't been banned yet.
You are the worst poster I have even seen here and your agenda is clear for all to see.

Robbie Boy

That is all.

What the feck is this shit? You need a lie down.