Is today make or break for Anderson?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I love the guy and have been always hoping beyond hope he would fulfil is undoubted potential.

But this season for the first time I have began giving up on him.

I think today will decide his future... :nervous:

Edit: I'm starting a new thread as per instructions yesterday

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He'll play well, everyone will get excited again, then he will get injured next week. Story of his career.

Zen86

Probably. It's a shame, I was really excited by him when he first signed.

Seems like the writing's on the wall though.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I doubt today will decide his future. Surely his attitude and commitment off the pitch will more important than one individual performance.

Cina

I'm surprised he's starting in the first place, I thought that Fergie had given up on him by now.

He's in a three man midfield which is what he's most suited to, so it's possible he'll have a good 65 minutes, whether that's enough to convince SAF to keep him another year, I dunno.

Cina

It says an awful lot that this is the end of his sixth season at the club and we're still having a debate like this. In my opinion, he needs to move the feck on, for his sake, and our midfields.

Sam

He could have the game of his life out there today, playing like a Xavi/Iniesta hybrid, and he should still be sold.

Goooose

It says an awful lot that this is the end of his sixth season at the club and we're still having a debate like this. In my opinion, he needs to move the feck on, for his sake, and our midfields.
Totally agree. I don't think he deserves any more chances.

Castia

He'll play well, everyone will get excited again, then he will get injured next week. Story of his career.
Yep not to mention playing well in these last few games will probably convince SAF we dont need a midfielder again.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He needs to be sold regardless of today.

I think he's talented enough and maybe his luck will be better at a different club but his routine of getting injured just when he's hitting form every season before coming back and playing shite is highly annoying. Not reliable at all even a a squad player

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
No, if Fergie decided his days are up, it would have been a month or so ago. Since we do eye up transfers alot in advance. Ando's future is probably already decided in Fergie's mind.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Ash_G

To be honest if he stays this summer then I don't see him leaving until he does something to force our hand. Every season is the same for him, in and out of the team, lots of injuries, swaying from sloppy and unfit to exciting and dangerous in his play. I think he needs to move on but like I said if he stays then I don't know what would have to happen from our end to ship him off.

LARulz

I think he'll go but if he pulls off an awesome performance today then it will probably give him another chance to show it again in the next two games.

thepolice123

A make or break time for him in a nothing game, in a time when we have already wrapped up the league with minimal contribution from him?

Castia

Only ever completed 18 games in 6 seasons....fecking hell that's pathetic.

NinjaFletch

I actually think I am in better shape than he is comparing physiques.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Don't think SAF would make that decision based on one game. This season was make or break for him and he didn't deliver. He's gone, I think.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Don't think SAF would make that decision based on one game. This season was make or break for him and he didn't deliver. He's gone, I think.
He's not been given the chance to deliver though, has he?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
He's been given endless amounts of chances here.
In the League Cup? A trophy no one really cares about. Ando was one of our best players before his injury this season and his partnership with Cleverley looked really good. The problem I think is we refuse to have a go at playing a three man midfield which suits Ando more, as you say.

Cina

Pretty sure you're talking about last season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In the League Cup? A trophy no one really cares about. Ando was one of our best players before his injury this season and his partnership with Cleverley looked really good. The problem I think is we refuse to have a go at playing a three man midfield which suits Ando more, as you say.
There's the problem really. At the start of the season SAF was saying Anderson would play a big role if he stayed fit. Fact is his injuries and lack of fitness have killed his career here and there's no reason to think that will improve. Playing well for a few games in a row doesn't mean much when you can only complete 18 games in six seasons. Injuries act as an excuse for not getting rid of a player for so long, then they become a reason for getting rid. He's had six seasons here to take his chance, there've been better player than Anderson who weren't given that long.

lysglimt

Scout
He is still a lazy git...poor positioning and always the one who stops tracking back first

Sell him

Hellboy

Goodbye Ando, you're just not good enough. I think he should get back to Portugal to regain confidence, he's a shadow of the world class talent he once was.