Is today make or break for Anderson?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Editor of Red News tweeting that a good contact said Anderson asked Fergie for a move after the match against Reading at OT, so that he could get regular first-team football. Also says this request will be granted. He's on twitter @barneyrednews
Really hope its true. Not sure if we can even recuperate half of what we got him for but something is better than nothing.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Is the stat I read yesterday that he's only finished 18 matches since joining the club true? That's horrendously bad if true.

I love him as a player but no-one can say he's developed as well as we'd have liked in 6 years. He's been a huge disappointment, best for both sides if he does leave and we bring someone else in.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I love the guy and have been always hoping beyond hope he would fulfil is undoubted potential.

But this season for the first time I have began giving up on him.

I think today will decide his future... :nervous:

Edit: I'm starting a new thread as per instructions yesterday
I didn't think he played particularly badly, but I don't think he managed much more than mediocrity tbh. Problem is, after so little football, coming into a side on autopilot, and playing against a focused side, this was never going to be a blockbuster performance.

I think Anderson's fate, whatever that turns out to be, was sealed already, independent of the Chelsea game.

Cina

Because people on this board go into a game pretty much knowing what they want to see happen.
Except almost nobody here actually said he had a bad game, most agreed that he had a good first half and then faded badly in the second half before being subbed off, which is exactly what always happens with him.

It's the fitness issues and the fact that he always has to come off that people are questioning here, which is more valid than ever seeing as we just found out he's completed 18 games in six seasons here.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Christ, you guys arent happy unless you are rinsing one of our own, be that Anderson, Valencia, SAF, etc...

So annoying.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
But the problem is how often is he fit enough to be on the bench to actually be that option? Apparently he's only completed 18, 90mins in all his time here. That's insane. He'll always be a player who shows glimpses of having something different to offer because there i talent there but at some point I think you just both need to say it hasn't worked out.
That's horrendous.

Really hope its true. Not sure if we can even recuperate half of what we got him for but something is better than nothing.
Oh well, as another poster said in this thread, I don't really care if he goes or not. At least if he does go, it will make it more likely we sign a midfielder.

Hannibal

Giggs/Scholes must retire for our midfield to become better. Even if we sign Martinez or Strootman, Fergie's bromance with Giggs/Scholes would limit the appearances of the new signings. It wasn't until Neville retired that Rafael came of age. Let's do away with Giggs/Scholes, they have been great servants of the club and they have nothing to prove again. Giggs has won as many league titles as Arsenal FC - what else does he need to prove?

I love Anderson as his drive gives us purpose in the midfield. He was the best midfielder on the pitch throughout the time he was ON and I think he should be getting more minutes. Starting 40 year olds ahead of him wouldn't do his confidence any good at all. I think we should keep him and limit the appearances of the old players. We lost the midfield when Giggs/Jones replaced Anderson/Cleverley in their roles.

redspoony

Anderson should have gone a year ago, and I say that as someone who actually rates him. The stat of completing 90 minutes just 18 times is mind boggling, and as far as the squad is concerned he's a passenger.

Dominos

Giggs/Scholes must retire for our midfield to become better. Even if we sign Martinez or Strootman, Fergie's bromance with Giggs/Scholes would limit the appearances of the new signings. It wasn't until Neville retired that Rafael came of age. Let's do away with Giggs/Scholes, they have been great servants of the club and they have nothing to prove again. Giggs has won as many league titles as Arsenal FC - what else does he need to prove?

I love Anderson as his drive gives us purpose in the midfield. He was the best midfielder on the pitch throughout the time he was ON and I think he should be getting more minutes. Starting 40 year olds ahead of him wouldn't do his confidence any good at all. I think we should keep him and limit the appearances of the old players. We lost the midfield when Giggs/Jones replaced Anderson/Cleverley in their roles.
For all the justification of yesterday that we needed to give certain players game and not just put our first team out... How does that explain Giggs playing the full 90? What was he hoping to learn about him? Why instead of maybe giving Kagawa further chance to adapt to the league and work his way into the team for next season, do we give a 40 year old his 3050th appearance for the club.. It does seem like in the 2nd half of every season Fergie reverts back to the old guard for their experience and ensure they get as much time as possible, where players who should be the present and future of the club are sidelined. It's not like I mind him being kept as a squad player and still effective option on the wing, but he's still basically first choice which gets covered up by the fact he needs to rested and rotated due to age. We're lucky in a sense Scholes missed a lot of the season through injury else he'd have been another ever present name on the team sheet week after week, like in the first half of the season.

Ash_G

Tbh although Giggs playing for the 90, or more so ending up in a midfield with Jones wasn't ideal he was clearly fit enough to last the 90, not to mention, despite Ando having some bright moments, Giggs was easily more dangerous than Clev and for me was overall more dangerous than Ando. It's easy to pick on Scholes and Giggs, but I'd be more concerned by why two early/mid 20 year olds can't last for longer than a 39 year old, nor why between them why they look neither like a proper cm nor an am, looking more like a hybrid, which I'm not sure is a good thing.

It's still relatively early I guess for Clev in terms of experience if not age, he's had a decent season although trailed off for the last few months. Ando has pretty much been static in development since he arrived here.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That's horrendous.
It's also not true. He's completed 90 minutes 48 times here.

For all the justification of yesterday that we needed to give certain players game and not just put our first team out... How does that explain Giggs playing the full 90?
We played Giggs because he's been in good form in the second half of the season and generally plays well against Chelsea. We wanted to give a couple of players games but we obviously still wanted to win. Giggs nearly helped us do that by playing van Persie through with the best pass of the game and then dribbled through 3 Chelsea players - from centre mid in the 80th minute - to set up Rafael in our best chance in the last 15 minutes.

wonnie

Always been a massive fan of Anderson.

But if he is one of the reasons (as well as having Fletcher and Scholes on the books) which is deterring Fergie from signing a midfielder, he needs to be moved on.

Cina

It's also not true. He's completed 90 minutes 48 times here.

We played Giggs because he's been in good form in the second half of the season and generally plays well against Chelsea. We wanted to give a couple of players games but we obviously still wanted to win. Giggs nearly helped us do that by playing van Persie through with the best pass of the game and then dribbled through 3 Chelsea players - from centre mid in the 80th minute - to set up Rafael in our best chance in the last 15 minutes.
Wasn't that stat for the league? Or was it just plain wrong?

Anyway, he's completed 90 minutes three times in 13 starts this season, which is bad in itself.

Backrow Singer

For me, he has always been an enigma so to speak. What I will say is that he is capable of offering something that little bit different; something that our other midfielders aren't capable of bringing, and from a squad point of view, that can be highly beneficial.

He does things in games that gives us an indication of what he is capable of, but two minutes later, he will give the ball away, or he'll misplace a pass. He wasn't poor yesterday; in fact, I thought he played reasonably well, but I just think he's capable of so much more. Anderson will always remain an enigma for me.

wonnie

Similar to Rooney in the way that fans know he has the skillset to be so much more. But difference with him and Rooney is that for one reason or another Anderson continually flatters to deceive.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He isn't an enigma. He doesn't work hard enough. He is a typical modern day Brazilian player. Talented but more interested in having fun than being the best.
Yeah, I'm fed up of these Brazilian players not giving it their all. Anderson and Rafael really sum up that attitude.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Times Anderson has finished 90 minutes for us

07/08 (9 times out of 25)
Premier League Finished 4/16
League Cup 1/1
FA Cup 1/2
Champions League 3/6

Villa PL (away)
Blackburn PL (home)
Fulham PL (home)
Birmingham PL (home)
Coventry LC (home)
Villa FA Cup (away)
Dynamo CL (away)
Sporting CL (home)
Lyon CL (away)

08/09 (12 times out of 27)
Premier League 2/11
League Cup 4/5
FA Cup 3/3
Champions League 2/7
Club World Cup 1/1

Blackburn PL (away)
West Ham PL (away)
Middlesborough LC (home)
QPR LC (home)
Blackburn LC (home)
Derby LC (home)
Celtic CL (home)
AaB CL (home)
Southampton FA Cup (away)
Fulham FA Cup (away)
Everton FA Cup (neutral)
Gamba Osaka CWC (neutral)

09/10 (9 times out of 19)
Premier League 3/10
League Cup 1/3
Champions League 5/5
FA Cup 0/1

Blackburn PL (home)
West Ham PL (away)
Fulham PL (away)
Barnsley LC (away)
Besiktas CL (away)
Wolfsburg CL (home)
CSKA CL (away)
Besiktas CL (home)
Wolfsburg CL (away)

10/11 (9 times out of 22)
Premier League 5/14
League Cup 2/2
FA Cup 1/2
Champions League 1/4

Blackburn PL (home)
West Brom PL (away)
Birmingham PL (home)
Everton PL (home)
Blackpool PL (home)
Scunthorpe LC (away)
West Ham LC (away)
Schalke CL (home)

11/12 (7 times out of 12)
Premier League 4/8
Champions League 2/3
Community Shield 1/1
(no FA Cup, League Cup or Europa League starts)

Man City CS (neutral)
West Brom PL (away)
Tottenham PL (home)
Bolton PL (away)
Stoke City PL (away)
Basel CL (home)
Otelul CL (away)

12/13 (3 times out of 14)
Premier League 0/7
League Cup 1/2
FA Cup 0/2
Champions League 2/3

Newcastle LC (home)
Cluj CL (away)
Braga CL (home)

Danillaco

Yeah, I'm fed up of these Brazilian players not giving it their all. Anderson and Rafael really sum up that attitude.
Don't forget Fabio, that lazy ass, broken Rafael wannabe.

white text if you didn't already know

dmode

Do we really need to sell Ando? I don't think so... Giggs and Scholse will soon hang their boots.

Anderson is a good midfielder, I think he's the type of player who'll mature with age...

Siorac

Do we really need to sell Ando? I don't think so... Giggs and Scholse will soon hang their boots.

Anderson is a good midfielder, I think he's the type of player who'll mature with age...
He's 25 and he's had six seasons here. He had plenty of time to mature but it doesn't seem to happen. He's really no better than he was in his debut season.

Rossa

He's 25 and he's had six seasons here. He had plenty of time to mature but it doesn't seem to happen. He's really no better than he was in his debut season.
Pretty much the same situation to Diaby's as Arsenal; both are terrific prospects and have great energy, pace and strength when they play. Reluctance to sell them is only natural as both managers know the players can move on to another club and be great players - it's not something you wish to see happen, so it is only natural to delay and see what may happen. If Ando stays, he won't be the first player to mature late. He bossed Ramires for pace and strength, and not many midfielders can keep up with Ramires on runs. There is no doubting his physical and technical abilities, but it is his ability to finish games that is worrying, and his injury record of course.

Imo, Cleverley fades at least as badly after 60 minutes or so than Anderson. Why isn't he criticised as much for this, because his is thinner, English? He's actually been at the club longer, all things considered.

Cina

Times Anderson has finished 90 minutes for us

07/08 (9 times out of 25)
Premier League Finished 4/16
League Cup 1/1
FA Cup 1/2
Champions League 3/6

Villa PL (away)
Blackburn PL (home)
Fulham PL (home)
Birmingham PL (home)
Coventry LC (home)
Villa FA Cup (away)
Dynamo CL (away)
Sporting CL (home)
Lyon CL (away)

08/09 (12 times out of 27)
Premier League 2/11
League Cup 4/5
FA Cup 3/3
Champions League 2/7
Club World Cup 1/1

Blackburn PL (away)
West Ham PL (away)
Middlesborough LC (home)
QPR LC (home)
Blackburn LC (home)
Derby LC (home)
Celtic CL (home)
AaB CL (home)
Fulham FA Cup (away)
Everton FA Cup (neutral)
Gamba Osaka CWC (neutral)

09/10 (9 times out of 19)
Premier League 3/10
League Cup 1/3
Champions League 5/5
FA Cup 0/1

Blackburn PL (home)
West Ham PL (away)
Fulham PL (away)
Barnsley LC (away)
Besiktas CL (away)
Wolfsburg CL (home)
CSKA CL (away)
Besiktas CL (home)
Wolfsburg CL (away)

10/11 (9 times out of 22)
Premier League 5/14
League Cup 2/2
FA Cup 1/2
Champions League 1/4

Blackburn PL (home)
West Brom PL (away)
Birmingham PL (home)
Everton PL (home)
Blackpool PL (home)
Scunthorpe LC (away)
West Ham LC (away)
Schalke CL (home)

11/12 (7 times out of 12)
Premier League 4/8
Champions League 2/3
Community Shield 1/1
(no FA Cup, League Cup or Europa League starts)

Man City CS (neutral)
West Brom PL (away)
Tottenham PL (home)
Bolton PL (away)
Stoke City PL (away)
Basel CL (home)
Otelul CL (away)

12/13 (3 times out of 14)
Premier League 0/7
League Cup 1/2
FA Cup 0/2
Champions League 2/3

Newcastle LC (home)
Cluj CL (away)
Braga CL (home)
Interesting, I remember 11/12 at the start, he was playing 90 minutes week in week out for a while and looked his fittest and best ever, and then goes and gets injured. I do feel for him to an extent, because it's not just laziness or lack of effort, his endless injuries gave clearly played a part too.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I dont think that he played that badly yesterday. However I feel its time for him to move on.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Interesting, I remember 11/12 at the start, he was playing 90 minutes week in week out for a while and looked his fittest and best ever, and then goes and gets injured. I do feel for him to an extent, because it's not just laziness or lack of effort, his endless injuries gave clearly played a part too.
It's annoying - all of his 90 minute games were in the first month or so of the season, then he got to the injured part of the class - injured - fat cycle and has barely moved from there.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I don't have half the problems most Caftards do, my only one with him is that when we got him, he was good and we hoped for him to step up to become great. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened for a number of reasons on both sides IMO and I think it wouldn't be detrimental to keep him, but it would be silly now to think his transfer to date has been a success.

You can only really call this is a flop for his price tag and return since moving to us.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Ando is actually a pretty good squad man to have on the United roster. Still, I'd find him another club he can excel at. Maybe in Portugal or Brasil. A massive disappointment.

What a shame we had to part with Pogba. He looked to have some serious game, but I've lost track of him since he went to Juve.

NoLogo

This is really horrible for 6 years.

I'm really convinced now that we have to let him go.

He is a great guy no doubt but there is absolutely no benefit for our club of keeping him around if he can barely play 20 full games in 6 years no to mention that it seems to be getting worse and worse with his fitness problems.