Islamophobia: the new antisemitism

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah feck wanting a society where everyone's religion is respected.
That's the problem. This intolerance between religions. Of course most religious people respect other religions, but some don't. And that's true for all the religions I know of. All these, thou shall not parts should just be cut out.

Just switch all these books to a simple message, like Jim Jefferies said: try not to be a cnut. Words to live by.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Thread.
What a dumb bitch. Most definitely a Trump supporters.

I hate organised religions, and I think Islam is generally ridiculous (no offence to those believers, but this is my opinion) - and yet I'd gladly give that bitch a taste of her own medicine in support of that man.

Foxbatt

It is a funny old world isn't it? The west destroys all sorts of Muslim leaders who were secular and were tolerant of other religions and promote the most xenophobic Islamists and then say the Muslim world is full of extremists.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That's the problem. This intolerance between religions. Of course most religious people respect other religions, but some don't. And that's true for all the religions I know of. All these, thou shall not parts should just be cut out.

Just switch all these books to a simple message, like Jim Jefferies said: try not to be a cnut. Words to live by.
You can make fun of a religion and hate on it as you please just dont be a total idiot holding rallies unless a religion is interfering with your rights or something that truly matters.

shamans

It is a funny old world isn't it? The west destroys all sorts of Muslim leaders who were secular and were tolerant of other religions and promote the most xenophobic Islamists and then say the Muslim world is full of extremists.
What's funny is hearing western society criticize Saudi Arabia. Almost every western country heavily aligns itself with Saudis, providing all sorts of support and security. If you're that close to Saudi Arabia, a country that most of the Muslim population have negative feelings towards, you're being foolish wanting a different outcome

Foxbatt

What's funny is hearing western society criticize Saudi Arabia. Almost every western country heavily aligns itself with Saudis, providing all sorts of support and security. If you're that close to Saudi Arabia, a country that most of the Muslim population have negative feelings towards, you're being foolish wanting a different outcome
It just shows that the only thing that matters to the rules in every country is " money".

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What a dumb bitch. Most definitely a Trump supporters.

I hate organised religions, and I think Islam is generally ridiculous (no offence to those believers, but this is my opinion) - and yet I'd gladly give that bitch a taste of her own medicine in support of that man.
Nooo, I used to like you @cesc's_mullet ;) Islamophobia is the main reason I decided to leave France and live where I do nowadays.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah feck wanting a society where everyone's religion is respected.
How is every religion going to be respected when you have religions claiming that they're the only one true religion and every other religion is going to hell?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
How is every religion going to be respected when you have religions claiming that they're the only one true religion and every other religion is going to hell?
:lol: This. Primitive nonsense like organised religion is totally at odds with modern society, and people who believe that rubbish get more and more left behind every day.

That said, believe what you want. It’s your right. That’s about as respectful as you need to be.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You can make fun of a religion and hate on it as you please just dont be a total idiot holding rallies unless a religion is interfering with your rights or something that truly matters.
Indeed, but this goes for the religious as well. Like the people in Indonesia demanding the death penalty for using Allah's name in vain. Everyone should just chill the feck out.

shamans

Indeed, but this goes for the religious as well. Like the people in Indonesia demanding the death penalty for using Allah's name in vain. Everyone should just chill the feck out.
Well yeah of course but most do criticize them for hate speech and it is seen as an outlier. I feel the other side is just seen as free speech.

shamans

Just like I believe people in open relationships will go to hell (on this earth because their relationship will cause their downfall). I still respect them as people.

WensleyMU

New? Anti-Semitism is very much still around.

Islamophobia also suffers from the same things anti-semitism suffers. Every single criticism of the religion and its followers actions are deemed as some form of hate. Far to often any criticism of Israel is deemed anti-semitism. The same applies with Islam.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Nooo, I used to like you @cesc's_mullet ;) Islamophobia is the main reason I decided to leave France and live where I do nowadays.
I'm sorry mate. Don't get me wrong, I'm not Islamophobic in any way - I just don't agree with any and all organised religions.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's the principle of "agreeing to disagree". Many place in the world live like that in true peace and respect between people of various religion and people who have no religion.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The saudis were propped up by the west and continue to be even today. It serves the "interests" of the west to have the saudis spewing venom everywhere. Meanwhile the average joe on the street in these western countries is ignorant and doesn't give a shit. If hypothetically tomorrow muslims rise up against the saudis and if they're on the brink of being overthrown then the west will send in a "peace keeping force" to protect the status quo and help the saudis stay in control.

shamans

The saudis were propped up by the west and continue to be even today. It serves the "interests" of the west to have the saudis spewing venom everywhere. Meanwhile the average joe on the street in these western countries is ignorant and doesn't give a shit. If hypothetically tomorrow muslims rise up against the saudis and if they're on the brink of being overthrown then the west will send in a "peace keeping force" to protect the status quo and help the saudis stay in control.
Yep. The champions of the free western society support literally the most oppressive one.

Foxbatt

Yep. The champions of the free western society support literally the most oppressive one.
Let me add to that during the Arab Spring the majority of Bahrain( Which has a Shia majority) wanted one man one vote and have democracy and rose against the government. The Saudis sent in their military and crushed the Arab Spring. Did anyone in the "west" say anything? For sure they shot and killed people. At least in HK htere is a sort of an election where 35 seats are available for the general public and 35 seats for the functional constitiencies. Yet see all the shouting that is going on in the west.
It is a curse on the Muslim world too to have such barbaric people in charge. I would say it has got nothing to do with the religion but the kind of people they live there with the support of the US and the UK.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Let me add to that during the Arab Spring the majority of Bahrain( Which has a Shia majority) wanted one man one vote and have democracy and rose against the government. The Saudis sent in their military and crushed the Arab Spring.
Didn't you just recently speak in favour of Assad who, well, crushed the Arab Spring?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Didn't you just recently speak in favour of Assad who, well, crushed the Arab Spring?
He was wrong to do so. However, now the option is between him and isis. Only a bloody fool or an extremist would pick isis over assad.