Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Pintu

This is an interesting video. What percentage of Israeli Arabs do you think share his views ?
Despite the Arab Israelis being subject to many discriminations, they still theoretically hold most of the rights granted to the jews. The jews themselves are under different hierarchies, some are acknowledged by the state as fully jews, some are not. Remember the Olympic hero who was not authorized to get married in his own country. Israel is not an apartheid state in the way SA was. Of course, the non-jews are much lower on that humanity hierarchy. Israel has basically transformed Gaza into an open-air prison camp.

As per Amnesty, HRW, BT'selem, and other acclaimed HR organizations, Israel is practicing apartheid in the West bank that the state of Israel has been occupying since 1967. In the Westbank, the situation is definitely worse than what the black south Africans were subjected to. Palestinians are cut off from their schools, hospitals, livelihood by arbitrary checkpoints. Most of the roads in the Westbank are not accessible to Palestinians and reserved for illegal settlers. Other examples of Apartheid practices there are countless.

If your questions are genuine I suggest you read the HRW report or some of the knowledgeable people that have commented on it.

L Tribe is himself a jew and a legal scholar who is a University Professor Emeritus at Harvard University. I don't think he is motivated by some bias against the regime in Israel.

IhabX7

This is an interesting video. What percentage of Israeli Arabs do you think share his views ?
I bet it's interesting for outsiders such as yourself and celebrated by Israelis and supporters of Israel. People who think like this guy either have a Stockholm syndrome without ever realizing it, or have a severe inferiority complex. Every Palestinian living in Israel who shares this guy's views is selfish, uneducated and/or lacks self respect. The so called conflict, is in fact a decades long colonial project, and a de-facto apartheid. It is not hard to grasp if you're willing to be educated on the matter. Sadly we as a minority in our homeland have been subjected to intense and systemic deletion of our narrative, history and culture. It happens in our schools (almost entirely public), on national TV and media outlets, and so on. This guy wants to live a "good" simple life sucking up to Israelis while he's a class C citizen, while his brothers in Gaza are under an inhumane siege and perpetual brutal aggression, while the people in the West Bank are handicapped by a zillion checkpoints and a puppet regime, and millions of Palestinian refugees are born and then die in uninhabitable camps, and while the Nakba is still on going by the illegal settlements in the West Bank and ethnic cleansing happening in places such as Sheikh Jarrah (where I was born). And this is just the tip of the iceberg and only what's happening currently. In actuality, when this idiot and others like him express such views, they are brushing aside the fact that their own families have had members executed and evacuated from their own homes only decades ago.
Such cowards do not deserve any of your time. Their opinions are morally outrageous and intellectually absurd.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I bet it's interesting for outsiders such as yourself and celebrated by Israelis and supporters of Israel. People who think like this guy either have a Stockholm syndrome without ever realizing it, or have a severe inferiority complex. Every Palestinian living in Israel who shares this guy's views is selfish, uneducated and/or lacks self respect. The so called conflict, is in fact a decades long colonial project, and a de-facto apartheid. It is not hard to grasp if you're willing to be educated on the matter. Sadly we as a minority in our homeland have been subjected to intense and systemic deletion of our narrative, history and culture. It happens in our schools (almost entirely public), on national TV and media outlets, and so on. This guy wants to live a "good" simple life sucking up to Israelis while he's a class C citizen, while his brothers in Gaza are under an inhumane siege and perpetual brutal aggression, while the people in the West Bank are handicapped by a zillion checkpoints and a puppet regime, and millions of Palestinian refugees are born and then die in uninhabitable camps, and while the Nakba is still on going by the illegal settlements in the West Bank and ethnic cleansing happening in places such as Sheikh Jarrah (where I was born). And this is just the tip of the iceberg and only what's happening currently. In actuality, when this idiot and others like him express such views, they are brushing aside the fact that their own families have had members executed and evacuated from their own homes only decades ago.
Such cowards do not deserve any of your time. Their opinions are morally outrageous and intellectually absurd.
So you're a Palestinian living in your own personal hell? But wait. Let some privileged westerner tell you what you should be thinking. Raoul, please oblige.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Israeli press review: Shaked worries not enough Ukrainian refugees are Jewish

Minister says 90 percent of Ukrainian refugees are not Jewish
Israeli officials have been encouraging tens of thousands of Ukrainian Jews to flee the Russian invasion and come to Israel - but according to Interior Minister Ayelet Shaked, almost 90 percent of the Ukrainians that have arrived so far aren't Jewish.

According to Haaretz, Shaked said on Sunday that from 2,034 Ukrainian refugees who arrived at Israel's borders, less than 10 percent of them were Jews.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/...iving-majority-not-jewish-shaked-press-review

Tibs

You know how everyone is boycotting Russia, we should do the same with Israel.

A start would be to not buy anything made there.

Pintu

The democracies in the West are fighting people who tries to practice this right to boycott.

Chairman Woodie

You are about hundred years too late. There has been boycotts on and off by various parties since the days of Mandatory Palestine. The most recent is BDS.

Tibs

You are about hundred years too late. There has been boycotts on and off by various parties since the days of Mandatory Palestine. The most recent is BDS.
Better late than never.

WTF at the US laws against it though?! Does anything rules like that exist in the UK?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Better late than never.

WTF at the US laws against it though?! Does anything rules like that exist in the UK?
I think there are laws in certain states (Texas is one) where to have a job in the government you have to tick a box saying that you don't participate in BDS. So essentially you can't get a government job if you're an active supporter of BDS.

I think a teacher in Texas brought this to light a few years ago.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Imagine your only retort to your country being a racist occupying apartheid state is a random image off the net from nearly 100 years ago. Pathetic and a little sad.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Keep the insults coming.
Only someone with the perception of a tree stump wouldn't know why you have to constantly resort to them.
No you carry on with your newspaper clippings from 100 years ago, and random YouTube edited clips that show how pathetic your argument is. You’re doing a better case for why bds works than I ever could. :lol:

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
No you carry on with your newspaper clippings from 100 years ago, and random YouTube edited clips that show how pathetic your argument is. You’re doing a better case for why bds works than I ever could. :lol:
BDS works? And you call me delusional.

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/middle-east/2022/02/21/Morocco-Israel-sign-trade-cooperation-deal

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-takes-first-steps-towards-new-trade-deal-with-israel

Even the PALESTINIANS are not BDS' ing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
It is working, just in the last few months we’ve seen Ben & Jerrys pull out (which made you shit the bed if I recall) as well as Norwegian & Scandinavian mutual funds divest and exit their financial operations from Israel. Furthermore, we’re seeing staff in Amazon, Google, and other big tech pushing for their companies to exit operations as well. If anything, this Ukraine situation in theory should help as the Palestinians are also resisting against a brutal oppressive aggressor.

And big surprise, the Palestinians have to trade in agriculture. They do live on the same land (that was stolen from them). Even your limited ability to think critically should be able to understand that.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
It is working, just in the last few months we’ve seen Ben & Jerrys pull out (which made you shit the bed if I recall) as well as Norwegian & Scandinavian mutual funds divest and exit their financial operations from Israel. Furthermore, we’re seeing staff in Amazon, Google, and other big tech pushing for their companies to exit operations as well. If anything, this Ukraine situation in theory should help as the Palestinians are also resisting against a brutal oppressive aggressor.

And big surprise, the Palestinians have to trade in agriculture. They do live on the same land (that was stolen from them). Even your limited ability to think critically should be able to understand that.
It really isn't working. If anything, the Ukrainian situation is totally irrelevant, bar thousands coming into Israel to move into Judea.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
It really isn't working. If anything, the Ukrainian situation is totally irrelevant, bar thousands coming into Israel to move into Judea.
Hmmm but they’re not are they. 90% of them are non Jewish. Which is why the racist regime is unhappy.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
A racist regime with an Arab Islamist party in it.
Fool.
Racist govt moaning because people escaping a war aren’t Jewish. So pathetic but par for the course with your govt.

Also wow - resorting to insults. If you’re getting so emotional about it, you should take a break from the caf and do something else with your time.

Pintu

Translate for a surprise! (from the interior minister)
A JEWISH AND DEMOCRATIC STATE - 1
A state of all its citizens - 0

Why is it a surprise, the last time Lapid (Left leader) tried to distance himself and his party from Netanyahu's far right stating this he got an unprecedented backlash and had to retract making it clear Israel's so-called democracy is by all means just the rule of the most radical part of the ethnic majority...

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Dammit, why are the evil ones always good looking
7/10 with professional make up and studio photo shoot. Probably a 5/10 in real life. Your just being swayed by the power she holds. You want a bit of that apartheid pie.