Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

MoskvaRed

You know we're through the looking glass when Peter Hitchens seems to make sense.

Hitchens shouldn’t be taken seriously given his views on Putin
The scary thing about what he's saying is the fact that Hamas is currently the leader of a rogue state of 2.3 million people and at war with Israel. If they have no concern for the civilian population, no incentive to protect their lives, how does the war end? It's a small terrorist organisation acting like a terrorist organisation while running a state.

Meanwhile the Saudis want Israel to negotiate with the PLO about a ceasefire and a two state solution, which is a great idea on paper, except Hamas doesn't listen to the Saudis or the PLO?
Peter Hitchens is a Daily.Mail columnist and a Putin apologist. I wouldn’t take a word he says seriously. That clip is from GB News by the way, a poor British imitation of Fox News.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Biden on children beheadings:

Last edited:

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Which is not a good reason for never trying again. Both peoples need to try and find a peaceful long-term agreement. It would be helpful if other nations, especially the most powerful, would share that ideal instead of supporting a military solution, which will only provide temporary respite, as the root cause will still remain, and likely be strengthened too.
I’ve never suggested it was. The poster I was replying to was asking about when Palestine had put the brakes on a two-state peace deal and I was responding.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Hamas cut 29 holes in a "smart" fence described as impenetrable and has watch towers/observation posts every few hundred yards, manned by the IDF

Let that sink in. Wtf were the IDF doing?
Hamas played a blinder with drones to render impotent comm gear & sensors along the border simultaneously with the actual invasion. No doubt the IDF was also a little distracted (if that's the right word) with the holiday.

Last edited:

Laurencio

Hamas played a blinder with drones to render impotent comm gear & sensors simultaneously with the actual invasion. No doubt the IDF was also a little distracted (if that's the right word) with the holiday.
The IDF could do with reading their own history.

Laurencio

I guess it wasn’t bollocks as some of the twitter handles were trying to prove. Or is biden reliable source or not?
So far it's Barak Ravid claiming Biden said it.

Never mind, every other outlet just confirmed he said it live.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The IDF could do with reading their own history.
No doubt.

The movement of multiple battalions from the Gaza border to the West Bank might have also imbued those left guarding the Gazan border with a bit of self confidence or a lack of steadfastness.

Kaos

It's really interesting how Mossadegh has more fans among Westerners than actually in Iran. He was a neo-communist (Who was by the way, never "elected". As a prime minister, he was appointed by the parliament and approval of the Shah based on the rules of constitutional monarchy) and the grandson of Qajar elite (perhaps the second most incompetent regime in history of Iran after Islamic Republic). The white revolution which was done on Shah's order which gave lands to peasants, gave women the right to vote (first country in Middle East), resulted in a great redistribution of wealth to Iran's working class, explosive economic growth in subsequent decades, rapid urbanization, and deconstruction of Iran's feudalist customs was all done long after that "coup". Iran become much more prosperous after Mossadegh' ouster as Prime Minister, and further down the line appointment of Hoveida.
You're not mentioning the fact he was pretty much incorruptible and very popular among your compatriots when appointed, it was feasible he would have easily won an election in a direct vote. And the crux of the matter is he was overthrown with the backing of the US because of his audacity in wanting to nationalise Iran's oil. The take home point is the very same US you're revering have no interest in what your people want, but rather are only concerned with their own geopolitical interest. Which is fine considering the realpolitik-al world we live in, but to simply wave their flags like they even care about you is bizarre too. And again, we forgetting its the same US that supported and armed Saddam while he used chemical weapons on your people, not to mention how they choose to collectively punish you with sanctions.

Re: Saddam...Gazzans love Saddam. Here is Saddam square in Gazza, while in Israel they have "Cyrus the great street" ...

And to contextualise it - do you blame them? He's been one of the few Arab leaders in modern decades to be outspoken in his support for the Palestinian cause, so its understandable why they'd revere him....and I'm saying that as someone who's family suffered immeasurably under Saddam and his Ba'athi goons.

As for Apartheid state...I care about one thing personally because as a nation we have zero time for sentimentalism after 44 years of misery where all of our taxes, and money from sale of our natural resources (Oil, Gas) has gone to Palestine instead of Iran as we've become poorer and poorer as a nation (7:1 exchange rate of our currency to USD in Shah's time vs. 42,000:1 now)....We want nothing to do with Palestine anymore. Not our problem!

Who hates Iranian people and would gladly murder them with no mercy so their sugar-daddy sponsor can stay in power? Hamas and their supporters
Who loves Hamas? Islamic Republic Regime who's the root cause of our plight
Who is ready to absolutely level Hamas? Israel

These monsters just murdered another 16-year old via their morality police (She has been in a coma for 10 days, but reports coming last hour that she's died)...Another Mahsa...spare me of outrage! whenever Gazzans and Palestinians stop supporting the evil regime that rule Iran and care about our youth being murdered, I'll spare them sympathy.
If you feel that way about the Palestinian people then that's your prerogative, and honestly I wouldn't fault you for feeling that way. But to simply shrug your shoulders at the apartheid angle and happily wave those Israeli flags shows a lack of moral integrity.

See the mistake you're making is indulging in the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' trope while ignoring the objective humanity of it all. Its perfectly fine to despise Saddam and the Ba'athis, and feel bitter towards the Palestinian for championing a leader who caused both our respective people considerable hurt. But to simply use that a crutch to not only ignore the suffering of others, but to champion those who've engineered that suffering is a pretty unfortunate position to hold if you ask me.

But again you feel what you feel, and its not my place to impose my own thoughts on you. Just a frustrated outpouring from my end that's close to home.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Laurencio

Yeah, it unfortunately feels like we are approaching critical mass here very soon & the conduit for release will be the ground forces rolling into Gaza.

That's such a disappointing thought.
It's devastating. Hot headed soldiers, some of which reservists, entering one of the most challenging urban warfare environments in the world. This can't end well.

Post it properly my man

Not sure how these people walk around without any shame.
As has already been explained when the enemy is putting military equipment in these buildings as Hamas regularly do, they cease to become protected by war crimes law.

Not to mention you've got it the wrong way around. Hamas attacked Israel like Russia attacked Ukraine.

Tibs

They're just going to go in and shoot anything that moves.

There's no plan, they don't know who it is they're looking for...if they're breathing, they're getting murdered, man, woman, or child.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
As has already been explained when the enemy is putting military equipment in these buildings as Hamas regularly do, they cease to become protected by war crimes law.

Not to mention you've got it the wrong way around. Hamas attacked Israel like Russia attacked Ukraine.
You’ve just won gold in the mental gymnastics.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You’ve just won gold in the mental gymnastics.
I had to read it twice and still doesn't make sense. Somehow they missed the parts about cutting of electricity and water supplies and humanitarian aid routes.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I had to read it twice and still doesn't make sense. Somehow they missed the parts about cutting of electricity and water supplies and humanitarian aid routes.
Also the idiocy of positioning Hamas (re Palestine) as Russia in their respective conflicts just boggles the mind.

Simbo

It's devastating. Hot headed soldiers, some of which reservists, entering one of the most challenging urban warfare environments in the world. This can't end well.
God help anyone who gets in the way of, or within 100ft of, whoever they believe might have cut the head off a child. Hamas are going to get what they appear to want.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Rightio, moving a bit fast for me no doubt
I agree with you, by the way. It's an argument often used by people who don't want peace, but want to be able to blame someone else for its absence.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

That's not correct at all. They can still fight Hamas while keeping food, water and electricity open for the rest of the innocent civilians. Else what is the difference between Israel and Hamas?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Apologies if already posted. Concerned for this cat's health...

Good stuff. Basically reinforces everything the Israelis have been saying about Hamas all along.

Also fascinating that these guys think a hostage swap will in any way beneficial to Hamas, since the Israelis are going into Gaza either way.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge