Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Foxbatt

As an aside, imo, the outsized place the conflict plays in the Muslim psyche now, as well as the increased prominence of Islamist parties in Palestinian politics has unfortunately made it easier to paint the conflict as a religious one.

One that exists between the civilised Israel, an outpost of Western civilisation, and the savage Palestinians (read Muslims) who would have peace if only they loved their own kids as much as they hate the Jews.

Not saying everyone believes this of course or even a majority but I've certainly encountered this view more than I did previously.
Are you calling all Palestinians and Muslims savages? Israel is civilized?

vidic blood & sand

It's vile that posts on social media that shame Israel are being deleted/not getting as much reach in the algorithm. I genuinely do think that loads of western countries don't speak up regarding this because they'll then have to take a good hard look at their own historic colonialism. I can't believe there is anyone that actually defends Israel or wishes to recognise them as a state. Disgusting abusive behaviour that should in no way be overlooked.
Israel was declared a state in 1948. Whether people recognize Israel as a state or not is irrelevant. Israel is a state, and I am very happy about that!

Foxbatt

Israel was declared a state in 1948. Whether people recognize Israel as a state or not is irrelevant. Israel is a state, and I am very happy about that!
All would recognize that Israel now without much of a fuss. Certainly all the countries. It's the occupied territories after 1967 that's the issue.

vidic blood & sand

Many of us don't recognize the fake state.
Where are you going with this?
You approve of aggression against the Jewish people for occupying a very small area that has huge historical and spiritual significance for them?
Without a home, the Jewish people are without an identity. What is a nation without a home?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
You approve of aggression against the Jewish people for occupying a very small area that has huge historical and spiritual significance for them?
Without a home, the Jewish people are without an identity. What is a nation without a home?
That’s nonsense. Where has he said anything about aggression against the Jewish people?

What about the Palestinians who actually live in their home and are being evicted? What about the Palestinians who had to leave their homes in the Nakba and aren’t given any right to return?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Israel has an army attacking an unarmed people (Palestinians)

They attacked unarmed people who were praying

They killed 9 kids aged 4-14 with their airstrikes

Israel should be ashamed of themselves

Israel is an OCCUPYING FORCE

The Palestinians have more right on that land than those settlers

Those same settlers who roam the streets shouting death to all Arabs

vidic blood & sand

That’s nonsense. Where has he said anything about aggression against the Jewish people?

What about the Palestinians who actually live in their home and are being evicted? What about the Palestinians who had to leave their homes in the Nakba and aren’t given any right to return?
I was asking him if he approved of aggression against Israel. Someone who doesn't recognize Israel as a state, might approve of seeing them removed.
No one would defend all of Israel's actions throughout history. No one would defend how the native Indians were treated in America.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I was asking him if he approved of aggression against Israel. Someone who doesn't recognize Israel as a state, might approve of seeing them removed.
No one would defend all of Israel's actions throughout history. No one would defend how the native Indians were treated in America.
Little coincidence.

vidic blood & sand

Israel has an army attacking an unarmed people (Palestinians)

They attacked unarmed people who were praying

They killed 9 kids aged 4-14 with their airstrikes

Israel should be ashamed of themselves

Israel is an OCCUPYING FORCE

The Palestinians have more right on that land than those settlers

Those same settlers who roam the streets shouting death to all Arabs
So firing rockets at Tel-Aviv is perfectly acceptable?
Those rockets could land on schools, hospitals, or whatever.
All unarmed people.

snk123

It's going to be about the reaction now - every one and their dog is going to condemn Hamas and somehow portray that both sides are equally at fault.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
So firing rockets at Tel-Aviv is perfectly acceptable?
Those rockets could land on schools, hospitals, or whatever.
All unarmed people.
So attacking people praying in a religious building is ok?

Its ok to target civilians via an air strike
As well?

Ok for police to protect illegal settlers while they run through Palestinian areas shouting death to all Arabs?

Israel kill children on a weekly basis

How many Israelis have been killed by Palestinians this year compared to how many have been killed by Israel?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's going to be about the reaction now - every one and their dog is going to condemn Hamas and somehow portray that both sides are equally at fault.
And the whitewash is complete.

It's basically America and black people except with Palestinians and Israel.

vidic blood & sand

Randomly firing rockets into Tel-Aviv should be condemned, yes?
Unprovoked aggression from Israel should also be equally condemned.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
And the whitewash is complete.

It's basically America and black people except with Palestinians and Israel.

When msm calls the agression of the Israeli army at the Alaqsa mosques clashes when it was clearly the army attacking people praying then you know that no matter what happens the msm will whitewash any crimes frol the Israelis

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
@Sweet Square
So you approve of rocket barrages on civilian targets? How on earth is that defending Palestinians in Jerusalem? And how is it dehumanizing to say that Hamas/PIJ shouldn't have done that?

Edit: fecked off and deleted the post

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are you sure that it should be equally condemned? One is a reaction to the bolded part, the bolded part should be heavily condemned and not equated to the retaliation.

vidic blood & sand

So attacking people praying in a religious building is ok?

Its ok to target civilians via an air strike
As well?

Ok for police to protect illegal settlers while they run through Palestinian areas shouting death to all Arabs?

Israel kill children on a weekly basis

How many Israelis have been killed by Palestinians this year compared to how many have been killed by Israel?
I never said it was ok.
You made a point about innocent people becoming casualties as a result of Israeli aggression.
The same would also be true if Hamas rockets landed on schools, hospitals, synagogues etc.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The last twelve months up to the start of this month have apparently seen the least Israeli deaths due to the conflict (3) since 1948. While this may in part be due to Covid, 2019 was the previous record holder, and I’d guess Israeli casualties have been relatively low since 2014.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I never said it was ok.
You made a point about innocent people becoming casualties as a result of Israeli aggression.
The same would also be true if Hamas rockets landed on schools, hospitals, synagogues etc.
Funnily no one is condemning Israels actions.

space

I would expect the occupied to defend themselves by whatever means nesecarry? violent resi
Are you sure that it should be equally condemned? One is a reaction to the bolded part, the bolded part should be heavily condemned and not equated to the retaliation.
This

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The last twelve months up to the start of this month have apparently seen the least Israeli deaths due to the conflict (3) since 1948. While this may in part be due to Covid, 2019 was the previous record holder, and I’d guess Israeli casualties have been relatively low since 2014.
From the tweet at the top of this page it's a good bet that the Iron Dome is helping a lot as well.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
So 3?

9 CHILDREN were killed today by Israeli air strike among the 28 civilian deaths.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Dunno mate, the Kurds don't have a nation, neither do the Sikhs or the Jains. Fairly sure they all have identities

space

United Nations resolution 37/43, dated 3 December 1982, “reaffirms the legitimacy of the struggle of peoples for independence, territorial integrity, national unity and liberation from colonial and foreign domination and foreign occupation by all available means, including armed struggle.”

snk123

I've read your comments and your vehement support for the state sponsored terrorism by Israel.
How would you feel if you were walking and I came from behind .. punched you in the face, broke your teeth and nose, gave you a black eye and then broke your ribs and when I was leaving you somehow got up and tried to kick me in the nuts but missed.

And after that, the people witnessing everything blamed us both for fighting. Would that be fair?

vidic blood & sand

Unprovoked attacks should always be condemned, but it's a question of whether the attacks are provoked or not. Palestinians have launched thousands of rockets at Israel. How do you suppose Israel deals with this? Just ignore it?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Unprovoked attacks should always be condemned, but it's a question of whether the attacks are provoked or not. Palestinians have launched thousands of rockets at Israel. How do you suppose Israel deals with this? Just ignore it?
You can't imagine a better way than what you see right now?