Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Kaos

Pretty insane that a massacre as heinous and seemingly deliberate as the one at Al-Shifa is getting swept under the carpet as just another fact of war. The dehumanisation of the Palestinians and mental gymnastics to accommodate Israel's image and justifications for these crimes really is at a surreal level. It really does make you question what the threshold is for when the usual apologists decide enough is enough. Though thankfully for the Israelis it appears Iran's retaliatory strikes to the embassy bombing has taken front and centre in the narrative, disguising the aftermath of this as well as the settler massacres in the west bank.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Have they stopped counting the dead? People are being killed every day and we've been listening to 30-32k killed for what it seems weeks now.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Have they stopped counting the dead? People are being killed every day and we've been listening to 30-32k killed for what it seems weeks now.
They hit officially 30k by the end of february, so 50 days ago. 100 a day being conservative would be 35k + 10k unaccounted (?). And +70k injured
I assume that when everything is done, 75k-100k deads and will see the displaced. It will depend on what is going on in rafah

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Seriously? This happened in cold war times back in the 80s. I'm sure you also know that the GDR supported the ANC at that time. Thus it was mainly having a common enemy, your enemy is also my enemy.

World politics are never black and white and you sometimes you have to make alliances you rather wouldn't.
Who gives a damm when it happened? Your main point was I should accept what the German government are saying because they clearly have people more intelligent and well informed than us making decisions. I gave you multiple examples of deplorable outlooks by western governments and asked you whether I should have just accepted it back then?

Ah yep the white South Africans are subjugating people of my skin colour on my continent. The Germans have told me it's OK though and are still supporting the whites. And they're still supporting the whites even after the UK and USA have finally opened their eyes.

Idiotic me should have told myself at the time that this obvious injustice was OK. Because the white man in Germany has people more intelligent than myself making the decisions. Thank God for that.

I asked you if you'd read the comments of the person you called a terrorist. You have not. You're basing your decision on a call to authority. I asked you if Ehud Barak had been banned from Germany for saying similar. You haven't bothered to answer.

You then tell me Germany must know what they're doing and have the fecking gall to tell me, a Black African, that supporting the apartheid whites was just politics, immediately after telling me I've got to trust the authority of the Germans and even after I said their support carried on even beyond the support of the rest of the West.

How patronising.

Idxomer

It's around 34k now, the missing could be anything from 8k-13k. You have thousands under the rubble and every few days mass graves are discovered. The latter group consists mostly of people who have been summarily executed and buried by the IOF.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Should be easy to avoid. Like in the caf when you write feck and cnut, they only need to automatically change the words

Genocide - change to - right to defend themselves
Ethnic cleansing - change to - tiding up
Occupied territories - change to - promised land

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
What is the fair solution for you then? 'Jews leaving from where they came from?' Nope, it ain't gonna happen.
:lol:

That's one hell of a straw man argument if I ever saw one. My position on this conflict is very clear and I dare you to find anything I've written that remotely advocates the tripe you've just posted. How about a two state solution based on the 1967 borders? You know, in accordance to the UN resolutions and international law?

You're having an absolute mare.

Last edited:

Stig

Perhaps not the smartest question, but why is the UK getting involved ?

Idxomer

"There has been no significant change in the volume of humanitarian supplies entering Gaza or improved access to the north. Since the beginning of April, an average of 181 aid trucks have crossed into Gaza per day via the Karem Abu Salem (Kerem Shalom) and Rafah land crossings. This remains well below the operational capacity of both border crossings and the target of 500 trucks per day".

neverdie

20% of mainland, or "normative", Israel is made up of Palestinian/Arabic population. Then we have Gaza and the West Bank, where, overall, if you add the population numbers together we derive a 50:50 (or thereabouts) divide between Israeli and Palestinian (Palestinian-Israeli; Jewish-Palestinian and the many not-so-simple histories and groups therein).

What can Israel expect, or hope, to gain by pursuing its path of WB colonization by Gazan isolation? To colonize the WB? It won't work. You can absolutely take the land away and mass Palestinian populations into denser areas but the neighboring Arab states are not going to accept more refugee camps (millions already with either a distant or direct claim to that land spread out across the diaspora).

Israel has internal conflicts it cannot resolve without a two-state solution. It will always come back to that fact. I ask because there are Israelis here and I'd like an ad hoc reply or two as to what Israelis within Israel think about the situation (long-term).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Palestinians are outlaws in the original sense of the word. Outside the [protections of] law, meaning you can do whatever you want to them without repercussions. Israel is a genuinely savage country.

Idxomer

Never forget they killed a 6-year-old surrounded by her murdered family members asking for help and the paramedics who went to get her out.

neverdie

Hitting similar notes but singing different songs. The US establishment (do not defund certain endeavors) and various denominations. Remove the most excessive rhetoric and it's a speech from Biden's State Department.

Dr. StrangeHate

I am hoping that the UNRWA stuff by the West was all just for show/distraction and didn't have any real effect on the ground with funding funnelling in through other means. Otherwise it looks to be a coordinated effort by the West to cause further suffering to Gazans.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I am hoping that the UNRWA stuff by the West was all just for show/distraction and didn't have any real effect on the ground with funding funnelling in through other means. Otherwise it looks to be a coordinated effort by the West to cause further suffering to Gazans.
Unfortunately it has had an effect, as has the continuous targeting of humanitarian and aid workers, with a few charities/NGOs stopping their aid as they're unable to protect their staff. It's all a concerted effort by the Israeli regime.

They've also intentionally targeted civil staff and police in Gaza who administer the aid as they know without the organisation and logistics these folks provide it'll lead to more chaos and ruin.

neverdie

Demonstrators Across the World Disrupt Cities in Protest of Gaza Genocide

Demonstrators across every inhabited continent took to the streets to block major corridors and spots of economic activity on Monday, April 15, in a coordinated economic disruption to protest Israel’s genocide in Gaza.
The “A15” protests were planned across 50 cities, including 21 in the U.S., encompassing 17 countries in total. Protesters blocked shipping ports and railroads, targeted funders of arms manufacturers like Israel’s Elbit Systems, blocked factories for arms manufacturers directly, and linked arms across major roads, including highways and airport entrances.
In the U.S., demonstrations were held in places like New York City, Detroit, Houston, Seattle, Minneapolis-St. Paul, and Portland, Oregon. Across the world, protests took place in London, Johannesburg, Seoul, Ho Chi Minh, Montreal, Athens, Vancouver, Mexico City, Melbourne, and more.

The goal of the actions was to “cause maximum economic impact” in order to fight for the liberation of Palestine as international leaders continue to back and fund Israel’s genocide of Gaza in its seventh month. Israel’s campaign of bombardment and starvation has killed at least 34,000 Palestinians, with thousands more missing under the rubble, in mass graves or disappeared into Israel’s prisons.
The protest efforts were vast and often included multiple actions even within a city. At least dozens — if not hundreds — of protesters were arrested for their participation.
https://truthout.org/articles/demon...d-disrupt-cities-in-protest-of-gaza-genocide/

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hamas domed a probable pedo.
It goes way beyond this topic but why are so many people willing to share their most depraved tendencies to the world? Did he really want to be known as "The kids' shoes sniffer"?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It goes way beyond this topic but why are so many people willing to share their most depraved tendencies to the world? Did he really want to be known as "The kids' shoes sniffer"?
According to @Amir That's not what the caption says.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's still weird as feck smelling the sock of your daughter.
It's a least one of those weird things that should keep to yourself but to some extent I can empathize. I remember someone doing it with his wife's bras.

Idxomer

“I was thinking about this young boy who was about 10 years old, who was walking down the street with his sister, probably four or five years old, and a missile struck right next to them and blew out his brains from the left side of the skull. He came into me kind of taking his last breaths and it was this dystopian image in my mind because his sister was right next to him screaming. Shrapnel sheared her right buttock off her body and it was like this horror movie that I was living in real life. That sticks with me because it was so representative of the trauma inflicted upon this population, especially the pediatric population.”

“I took care of many children whose parents were killed in front of their eyes," said Dr. Subeh. "Faisal and his brother Adam were in their home, came out to the hallway in their home and found their pregnant mother and father in the hallway. And the Israeli soldiers shot them, shot the parents in front of their eyes, and then proceeded to shoot Faisal in the abdomen, shearing his intestines and his urinary bladder. I mention this this story because it's unfathomable that this would happen in this day and age, but also because I think it's important for folks to see this extra layer of pain and suffering inflicted on the surviving family members.”