Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Isn't it pretty much agreed World wide that the UNRWA accusations were bullshit, hence why countries have started funding them again? It's only Israeli strict allies that haven't refunded them because they're just going along with whatever Israel says.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I've seen a video somewhere that has a United supporter kicking a dog. All United fans kick dogs, hateful arseholes us United fans. All 1 billion of us.

ScholesyTheWise

I, for one, am shocked that the terrorist state of israel is making up lies for propaganda. Even more shocked that gfactor lapped it all up.
I, for one, am shocked that the terrorist state of israel is making up lies for propaganda. Even more shocked that gfactor lapped it all up.
I wonder what the speaker actually says, when the subtitles about the pregnant thing appear? it's very hard to decipher.
@That_Bloke I seem to remember you speak Arabic...?

I watched the clip a couple of times...

it's quite scary how numb i am, can barely feel anything. of course, it's heart breaking, but my emotions are beyond suppressed by now.
feels very weird.

And another thing I noticed that seems to be glossed over-

When one of the girls says "I have friends in Palestine". It shows perfectly how average Israelis have no clue what really happens in the WB in Gaza.
She most probably means that she has some Israeli-Arab friends who maybe don't recognize themselves with very strong Palestinian sentiments,
which allows them to befriend Jewish Israelis.

I too have Arab friends who live inside Israel, they work with me as nurses and doctors in the hospice service.
They have rather comfortable lives (still living within a racist society amongst other things), but their families were probably fortunate enough to not get heavily displaced (if at all) in 1948, which makes everything alot easier and convenient.

I hate the fact that I came back posting in this thread, but what can you do :/

Idxomer

Isn't it pretty much agreed World wide that the UNRWA accusations were bullshit, hence why countries have started funding them again? It's only Israeli strict allies that haven't refunded them because they're just going along with whatever Israel says.
Hasbara trolls never give up on their lies.

NotThatSoph

lemons are annoying
To be fair to Giggsy and Gfactor. As an Israeli, what else can they say? The atrocities is broadcasted live on daily basis. I dont even think the IDF or Bibi cares about optics. They just spouts bravadoes and blatant proverbial "La La La" with closing the ear gesture
Neither of them are Israeli, as far as I know.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
When one of the girls says "I have friends in Palestine". It shows perfectly how average Israelis have no clue what really happens in the WB in Gaza.
She most probably means that she has some Israeli-Arab friends who maybe don't recognize themselves with very strong Palestinian sentiments,
Jerusalem Post is reporting that she is a peace activist who has worked with an organization called Hands of Peace. If that’s the case then it’s not impossible that she has made friends among Palestinians in the territories. Of course, the Post is using her capture to argue for the fruitlessness of such activism.

RedTiger

Half mast
Jerusalem Post is reporting that she is a peace activist who has worked with an organization called Hands of Peace. If that’s the case then it’s not impossible that she has made friends among Palestinians in the territories. Of course, the Post is using her capture to argue for the fruitlessness of such activism.
Aren't those girls meant to be sniper spotters?

ScholesyTheWise

Oh. I see. I always wonder how good a friend I can ever be with someone from the Palestinian territores, with all the history and present taken into context. sure I can think that they are are great person and they can think the same about me, but with everything taken into account... it's such a weird friendship to be had.

Aren't those girls meant to be sniper spotters?
The girls who were kiddnapped/taken hostage/what have you?

their role is to observe the border 24/7. they are meant to spot every person or thing that gets close to the border.

If you mean the Hands of Peace thing, i've no idea.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It makes no sense if you take a step back and think in broad terms.

Are we supposed to think what, that the United States are the only country able to see through the UN's lies? Or that European countries know the report is a lie but are playing along with it and antisemitically refunding UNRWA because they want to fund the destruction of Israel?

Idxomer

There's nothing in this thread about the video released yesterday.

It was released due to the desperation of the families. I don't believe anyone pushed them.
I know, it's about following videos.

There has to be coordination with the government before releasing it, no? Surely, they weren't the ones responsible for the editing and mistranslation.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
And those you encountered so far were all propaganda (meaning all those that do not align with your view). How unlucky.
You should google about that organization and learn who they are and what they want.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

"the law in its majestic equality prevents rich and poor alike from sleeping under bidiges"

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The hearings with college presidents is again McCarthy ism in a new jacket. Absolutely despicable they are attacked as much as some of them are even when their schools are trying to find a balance between freedom of speech, keeping open lines of communication and not ostracizing any particular group of fellow human beings. At least Omar raised some valid questions with UCLA why the response to violence was so slow.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

The hearings with college presidents is again McCarthy ism in a new jacket. Absolutely despicable they are attacked even when their schools are trying to find a balance between freedom of speech, keeping open lines of communication and not ostracizing any particular group of fellow human beings.
they happily ostracized one group, not realising that it would never be enough for the fundamentalists who run the country.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
they happily ostracized one group, not realising that it would never be enough for the fundamentalists who run the country.
This just goes back to the widely held misperception that international organizations exist on behalf of giving smaller states more rights, when in fact they have historically been little more than ways for larger member states to advance their foreign policy preferences, while giving smaller states the false impression they are participating in a democratic process. The ICC, as we're finding out from the blowback, is no different in this regard.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
This just goes back to the widely held misperception that international organizations exist on behalf of giving smaller states more rights, when in fact they have historically been little more than ways for larger member states to advance their foreign policy preferences, while giving smaller states the impression they are participating in a democratic process. The ICC, as we're finding out from the blowback, is no different in this regard.
Correct. I think, for Europeans in particular, having this image of an international somewhat-democratic order is important. Which is why the CDU saying this outright surprised me.

Pav1878

Your historical interpretations are quite hilarious. Have you ever heard the term "land purchase"? Have you heard of dozens agencies that facilitated those purchases? Can you comprehend the idea that Arabs willingly sold the land?

I have to say, you are quite inventive. You invent your own history.
And your interpretation of the truth is disingenuous. Some Arabs may have sold their land. And what of the 750,000 people thrown off their land? Or are they a footnote in your version of history?

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I wonder what the speaker actually says, when the subtitles about the pregnant thing appear? it's very hard to decipher.
@That_Bloke I seem to remember you speak Arabic...?

I watched the clip a couple of times...

it's quite scary how numb i am, can barely feel anything. of course, it's heart breaking, but my emotions are beyond suppressed by now.
feels very weird.

And another thing I noticed that seems to be glossed over-

I too have Arab friends who live inside Israel, they work with me as nurses and doctors in the hospice service.
They have rather comfortable lives (still living within a racist society amongst other things), but their families were probably fortunate enough to not get heavily displaced (if at all) in 1948, which makes everything alot easier and convenient.

I hate the fact that I came back posting in this thread, but what can you do :/
It's a horrible video and I had to grit my teeth to go through, not just once, but many times to try to coin what the militant said despite the bad audio.

What I understood was "Here are the (female) captives". He used the word "Sabia" or "Sabaya", depending on how you pronounce it, which also means captivating or enchanting. That's what I personally got from it. Pregnant in arabic is "Hamila", the verb being "Ahmal" which means "to carry". No matter how many times I listened to the audio, I just couldn't find any hint to a "get her pregnant". It also doesn't make any sense to me, if they're hostages to be freed at some point, why would you do something that will be broadcasted the second the hostage is out of danger?

That's the problem. I felt so sorry for her and truly hope that she and the remaining hostages survive this awful ordeal.

You have to post here more often. Please. We need your voice.

Last edited:

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I am not surprised at all.

It's the German equivalent to "ICC is meant for African dictators and thugs like Putin". Not us, the master race paragons of freedom and virtue who've been democratically elected and therefore can do no wrong.

Repulsive piece of shit.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
And your interpretation of the truth is disingenuous. Some Arabs may have sold their land. And what of the 750,000 people thrown off their land? Or are they a footnote in your version of history?
I guess you refer to Nakba, that obviously happend. It is a historical fact and a result of war which Arab nations started and lost.

Are you aware that even more Mizahrim Jews were ethnically cleansed from Arab countries, where they lived for centuries? Many times on 24 hour notice leaving all possesions behind.

Amir

There has to be coordination with the government before releasing it, no? Surely, they weren't the ones responsible for the editing and mistranslation.
Yes, of course. I'm simply saying that the families weren't pushed to release that video.

Pav1878

I guess you refer to Nakba, that obviously happend. It is a historical fact and a result of war which Arab nations started and lost.

Are you aware that even more Mizahrim Jews were ethnically cleansed from Arab countries, where they lived for centuries? Many times on 24 hour notice leaving all possesions behind.
The Nakba happened in 1948 as a result of Zionists ethnically cleansing Palestine to settle there and establish the state of Israel. It is not merely ‘a result of war,’ anymore than the Holocaust was merely a result of war. To reduce it this is highly insulting and shows what disregard you have for Palestinians.

Jews being displaced from Arab countries does not give you Carte Blanche to do the same to Palestinians.

The crimes committed against Jews were primarily done by Europeans, yet the Palestinians have been made to pay for them.
Have some shame and stop trying to justify your historical and current actions with whataboutism.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
They were misled into believing something that was never true. Ulimately, its the superpowers and their close allies who still call the shots, not IOs.
And we wonder why people don't trust in politicians.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
The Nakba happened in 1948 as a result of Zionists ethnically cleansing Palestine to settle there and establish the state of Israel. It is not merely ‘a result of war,’ anymore than the Holocaust was merely a result of war. To reduce it this is highly insulting and shows what disregard you have for Palestinians.

Jews being displaced from Arab countries does not give you Carte Blanche to do the same to Palestinians.

The crimes committed against Jews were primarily done by Europeans, yet the Palestinians have been made to pay for them.
Have some shame and stop trying to justify your historical and current actions with whataboutism.
Ooh yes, for example Hebron 29, those bloody Europeans.

Consider this to be my last reaction to you. Feel free to react but please don’t insult and threaten me again. Mods will delete it anyway (for your own good). I wish I made a screen shot of your already deleted rant.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This may well be true. Therefore, if we put that aside, what legal, moral or ethical basis can we have for the creation of the Zionist state on land occupied by Palestinians?
There is no non biblical claim to the land from Zionists.
Well there is archeological evidence which proves the connection of Jews to the land. There was never a period without Jews there. Arabs came later. But I agree that over the course of history people went and go. At the end of 19th century, when first jewish refugees came to the land, mainly from tsarist Russia, it was forgotten periphery of Ottoman Empire where Arabs where majority population. But it was still very sparsely populated. The population began to rise when Jews started to cultivate the land, which attracted workers, merchants etc. from all of the other parts of the Empire. And all those people have viable claim to the land.

The anti-Jewish crowd just push this narrative to the extreme that Jews have no connection to the land. They are just white settlers and all this crap. Jews do have the connection to the land. So do Arabs.
I found this video interesting. It further reinforces how many different groups of people have been in and out of the area over the past couple of millennia.

ScholesyTheWise

It's a horrible video and I had to grit my teeth to go through, not just once, but many times to try to coin what the militant said despite the bad audio.

What I understood was "Here are the (female) captives". He used the word "Sabia" or "Sabaya", depending on how you pronounce it, which also means captivating or enchanting. That's what I personally got from it. Pregnant in arabic is "Hamila", the verb being "Ahmal" which means "to carry". No matter how many times I listened to the audio, I just couldn't find any hint to a "get her pregnant". It also doesn't make any sense to me, if they're hostages to be freed at some point, why would you do something that will be broadcasted the second the hostage is out of danger?

That's the problem. I felt so sorry for her and truly hope that she and the remaining hostages survive this awful ordeal.

You have to post here more often. Please. We need your voice.
Some Israeli media outlet claimed that "Sabia" means "(female) slave". it's so fecking stupid to lie about something that is so easily shown to be false.
Bu media outlets in general profit from the fact that the headlines of articles stick in the memory of the majority of people, not the truth and not complicated perspectives about anything.

re: getting hostages pregnant, it doesn't make sense from the angle you mentioned, but you won't expect people to act sensibly in situtions like these.
I don't believe that there are female hostages in these situations that are not at minimum touched, harrased,and sometimes raped, in any place on earth.

Islam/Judaism/whichever religion will not stand for it,
but people are not saints, and they are angry. females are easy targets. I wouldn't be surprised if their reproductive systetms don't work because of the conditions in which they are held. won't be surprised to have learned that fetuses didn't survive, if indeed they have been created.
I suspect that both the male and female people inside those tunnels have been deeply harrased in many ways.

not everything has to go down the "oh but the Israeli propaganda machine always lies, I call bollox" road.
Not specified towards you but generally in this thread. It's tiresome.

I also don't want to imgagine what Arab boys, teenagers, women in israeli prisons go through in places that the CCTTV cameras don't cover.