Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Paul Pogba and Amad Diallo's “views need to be respected”, Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said after both players were seen displaying a Palestine flag in the aftermath of the club's 1-1 draw against Fulham.

Neither place will face any sort of sanctions for displaying the flag. As The Athletic reported on Monday, clubs will face no punishment for players or fans displaying Israeli or Palestinian flags during the last week of the Premier League season.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Former Israeli pilot speaks out and explains why Israel have committed war crimes.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Paul Pogba and Amad Diallo's “views need to be respected”, Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said after both players were seen displaying a Palestine flag in the aftermath of the club's 1-1 draw against Fulham.

Neither place will face any sort of sanctions for displaying the flag. As The Athletic reported on Monday, clubs will face no punishment for players or fans displaying Israeli or Palestinian flags during the last week of the Premier League season.
Sensible. Remember when Moeen was taken to task for wearing a wristband with a Palestinian flag on during a Test Match?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
So why don't you show us how compassionate you are by condemning the openly antisemitic vitriol from Hamas - like I have regarding some racist Israelis?

I await.
You have to be trolling, every time I mentioned hamas in this thread has been in a negative way. I don't like people who murder civilians, I don't care on which side they are. You seem to be happy with one side doing it.

You have absolutely no empathy, you don't read or ignore what people say in this thread and just reply to some comments with shitty remarks or stupid videos that have nothing to do with what's being discussed. To be honest I don't know how you're still allowed in this thread, if anyone was trolling black people in the george floyd thread or trolling victims in the america shooting threads they would've been rapidly thread-banned.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
You have to be trolling, every time I mentioned hamas in this thread has been in a negative way. I don't like people who murder civilians, I don't care on which side they are. You seem to be happy with one side doing it.

You have absolutely no empathy, you don't read or ignore what people say in this thread and just reply to some comments with shitty remarks or stupid videos that have nothing to do with what's being discussed. To be honest I don't know how you're still allowed in this thread, if anyone was trolling black people in the george floyd thread or trolling victims in the america shooting threads they would've been rapidly thread-banned.
Hes a paid troll imo

Zlatattack

Hes a paid troll imo
It's a very important part of the strategy to whitewash Israels crimes. Whataboutery and drawing ridiculous equivalences. Standard issue from the. Mossad bot toolkit.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Thoughts on the Israeli perspective?

https://www.dailysabah.com/mideast/...should-also-be-killed-says-israeli-politician

On Monday Shaked quoted this on her Facebook page: "Behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism. They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there."

"They have to die and their houses should be demolished so that they cannot bear any more terrorists," said Shaked. Standing behind the operations on Gaza, "they are all our enemies and their blood should be on our hands. This also applies to the mothers of the dead terrorists," Shaked added.

A day before Palestinian teenager Muhammad Abu Khudair was kidnapped and burned alive allegedly by six Israeli Jewish youths, Shaked published on Facebook a call for genocide of the Palestinians.

The posts were considered as a call for genocide because it declared that "the entire Palestinian people is the enemy" and justifies its destruction, "including its elderly and its women, its cities and its villages, its property and its infrastructure." she also called for the slaughter of Palestinian mothers who give birth to "little snakes."
Funny, Shaked is one of my least favorite politicians, yet I know she would never write that and I dont see this article giving any links to where she wrote it. Making up lies is easy, the ignorance is buffling.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Funny, Shaked is one of my least favorite politicians, yet I know she would never write that and I dont see this article giving any links to where she wrote it. Making up lies is easy, the ignorance is buffling.
Shes a horrible racist like most of them

Foxbatt

It is in the Washington Post too.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Europe (in general) still pays them to this day for the atrocities committed, despite so many countries not having to do anything with the genocide itself. Add to the fact that it was Britain who kind of brought them back to the middle-east and eventually erupted this conflict since 48. There have been way more atrocities committed across the globe (armenian genocide, cambodian genocide) but nobody admits/mentions them, Belgium alone killed half of the cambodian population yet nobody nags about it. Israel is so good at playing the victim role and having been doing so for around 60-70 years now, time to wake up.
The israelis I talk to today are playing the victim role in this latest saga. Always the victims.

Can't see that myself tbh.

A little known fact about Iran is it used the same method as Israel within Syria. As in placement of Shia muslims there similarly to Israeli/Zionist methods in likes of Yemen.

It's always been a view that Israel has secretly helped Iran during the Iran Iraq war, especially when Saddam went in with his planes. At the time Iran didn't have the arsenal to stop the planes and I believe there have been pictures released of Israeli weapons and operators using ground to air missiles to take out the planes. Iraq should have taken over Iran once it used the planes.

Then again a lot of this is reported in mainly Sunni countries so who knows
Iran and Israel relationship? I thought Iran hated them and wanted to wipe them off the map.. can you give me some sources on this story?

reelworld

she tried to lied claiming it to be a bad translation from hebrew, but deleted it after the backlash, but even haaretz got the receipt

Responding to the huge backlash that ensued, Shaked explained that her words had been taken out of context and mistranslated from the Hebrew. In a column published in The Jerusalem Post on July 16, under the title “Exposing Militant Leftist Propaganda,” the young lawmaker wrote, “A call for the indiscriminate killing of children is a terrible thing. But what if the statement was that any time you kill our children, you’re exposing your own children to the same fate? Still unsettling, but rational when you consider that they purposely use their kids as human shields. It’s not a call for indiscriminate murder.”

As for mistranslations of the English version of the post, the Jerusalem Post column provides no concrete evidence. Indeed, a screenshot of the original Hebrew post taken before it was deleted shows that the English translation was, indeed, very accurate.
https://www.haaretz.com/.premium-what-does-ayelet-shaked-really-think-about-arabs-1.5360885

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Proud of the lads for standing up for humanity.
I didn't notice that, this is how the black lives matter movement came to widespread recognition. Hopefully the same will happen with the Palestinian humanitarian crisis.

Good on the guys and good on Utd for backing them. This transcends football or petty rivalries.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Israel has cut off all electricity in Gaza, I'm hearing.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Israel has cut off all electricity in Gaza, I'm hearing.
Source?

Wouldnt surprise me given this was said yesterday... but cant see it on any news site yet?

https://nypost.com/2021/05/18/israel-may-cut-power-to-gaza-ahead-of-hamas-tunnel-strikes/

Israel’s intelligence minister warned Tuesday that power to the Gaza Strip could soon be cut off — as the country’s military geared up for an “intensive night” of additional airstrikes against the region’s terror tunnels.

Intelligence Minister Eli Cohen told Israel’s Channel 20 that he favored shutting down electricity to Gaza as the worst conflict in years stretched into its ninth day.

“I think the next thing we should do – and I’ll raise this in the Cabinet – is to shut off electricity in Gaza,” he said in Hebrew, according to a video clip posted on Twitter.
I believe they started up all the tanks the other day as if they were about to start a groud invasion and when fighters went to the tunnels they hit the tunnels... gut feel the justification for this will be that the militarised tunnels / buildings will be the ones that have generators and it will identify them as a target

Not saying i agree with that as of course there will be hospitals and many other aspects of general life where people need power - but i suspect that will be the rational they use

Might also be more a fact that they are not allowing fuel to be brought in rather than cutting the supply (though they may do both)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/gaza-power-fuel-electricity-water-b1848478.html

from 2 days ago saying the Gaza power plant would run out of fuel in 2 days

According to statistics from the Palestinian energy authority and Gaza’s Electricity Distribution Company, fuel currently being used, which was already being diverted from private companies, will run out in just two days.
it will leave Gaza with just the remains of power coming from Israel, which is providing only 30 per cent of its usual output because of damage to main lines.

Last edited:

Raven

Source?

Wouldnt surprise me given this was said yesterday... but cant see it on any news site yet?

https://nypost.com/2021/05/18/israel-may-cut-power-to-gaza-ahead-of-hamas-tunnel-strikes/

I believe they started up all the tanks the other day as if they were about to start a groud invasion and when fighters went to the tunnels they hit the tunnels... gut feel the justification for this will be that the militarised tunnels / buildings will be the ones that have generators and it will identify them as a target

Not saying i agree with that as of course there will be hospitals and many other aspects of general life where people need power - but i suspect that will be the rational they use

Might also be more a fact that they are not allowing fuel to be brought in rather than cutting the supply (though they may do both)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/gaza-power-fuel-electricity-water-b1848478.html

from 2 days ago saying the Gaza power plant would run out of fuel in 2 days
Jesus fecking Christ. Monstrous treatment of people, absolutely depressing.

Cloud7

I didn’t get to watch the match or follow any of the post match stuff so I missed this.

I love this. Good on Pogba and Aman for standing up for what’s right. Great from Ole as well for saying their views must be respected.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse

Painting me as pure evil may well suit your narrative, but I want nothing more than a peaceful outcome for both sides. And yes, it's abhorrent that children have been killed be it Israeli or Palestinian. Nothing but nothing is worse than seeing their lives ended before they had a chance to begin.

I fully understand your position here, and I'm not trying to provoke or insult anyone. There are two sides to this conflict and to reduce it down to who has killed more babies is actually perpetuating it - perhaps more than anything else.

Sadly, the religious component cannot be ignored, and while I appreciate many here prioritise this conflict because of that, deep down inside we all know that the extremists are culpable for going against the very essence of their respective faiths.

And I'm not getting paid.

Last edited:

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Video doing the rounds on social media, an israeli getting interviewed says he would kill all Palestinian Children. Asked why he replies with its easier to kill them now than when they grow up.

israelis are taught to hate anyone different, everyone is inferior in their eyes. Thats why we have the likes of fearfull and his bs on here, their kids are taught to hate Arabs.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Painting me as pure evil may well suit your narrative, but I want nothing more than a peaceful outcome for both sides. And yes, it's abhorrent that children have been killed be it Israeli or Palestinian. Nothing but nothing is worse than seeing their lives ended before they had a chance to begin.

I fully understand your position here, and I'm not trying to provoke or insult anyone. There are two sides to this conflict and to reduce it down to who has killed more babies is actually perpetuating it - perhaps more than anything else.

Sadly, the religious component cannot be ignored, and while I appreciate many here prioritise this conflict because of that, deep down inside we all know that the extremists are culpable for going against the very essence of their respective faiths.

And I'm not getting paid.
Come off it. No one's buying it.

Look at this exchange we had just yesterday:

That article intimates it was poorly translated:

Not really bollocks is it? The rest of the article is just basic deflecting nonsense. Doesn't really refute anything in the original article. Poorly articulated, lots of words, but with no real substance.
Good looking though.

For once, can you at least try and engage someone (it doesn't even have to be me) rather than posting deflective comments and random youtube videos?
You responded to a criticism of Shaked with a blog post saying it's bollocks...(did you even bother to read it?). It shows it was poorly translated (which it wasn't).

Your response to this was to post her perfume ad and say she's good looking. You have 0 interest in having a debate. The only reason you've been in this thread is to deflect against the Israeli war crimes, and to point score.

Everytime someone has confronted you on your views, you've either not responded, or posted a quip with a youtube link. You haven't had any real debate here.

Another poster said it right, if there was an anti-BLM poster in the BLM / George Floyd thread who would respond with irrelevant youtube links, and WUMmy comments, they'd have been threadbanned ages ago.