Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Tibs

We are at a point where its time for the UN, or a coalition of countries to take military action against Israel...the modern day nazi's cannot be allowed to get away with this.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

the absolut carnage of this place.
Remember the heady days of endless to and fro over grainy videos debating whether it was the Israelis or a misfired Hamas/ PIJ rocket that bombed the hospital. And how the Israelis couldn't have possibly done it because they'd have nothing to gain from doing so etc etc etc?

Good times.

MDFC Manager

Remember the heady days of endless to and fro over grainy videos debating whether it was the Israelis or a misfired Hamas/ PIJ rocket that bombed the hospital. And how the Israelis couldn't have possibly done it because they'd have nothing to gain from doing so etc etc etc?

Good times.
I suppose the 'tunnels' underneath were left alone?

MDFC Manager

If anyone didn't notice, they intend to assault Rafah for 6 months.
Also worth noting the warterrorism budget has been hiked, and in itself gives us all a clue why murica won't be stopping them. It's all great business.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I suppose the 'tunnels' underneath were left alone?
Its an interesting operational failure really. Either their initial attacks were unsuccessful in clearing Hamas fighters, considering they've only just finished clearing those areas within the last couple of months, or after 6 months, they haven't really touched the tunnel network and their fighters are still popping up all over the place and still holding the hostages.

6 months of shit for this.

Idxomer

180 days of war during which I lived what I lived: I was arrested by the occupation army and used as human bait inside one of the tunnels; I was displaced more than 12 times and witnessed death with my own eyes several times, once from air and artillery bombardment, from occupation snipers, and from quadcopter planes. I documented all of this for you in audio and video, and thanks to God Almighty, we miraculously survive every time.

But without exaggeration, I will say it.. What I saw today in the Shifa Medical Complex and its surroundings, the destruction and burning of everything, was beyond my ability to endure and comprehend..

I saw the bodies of children and women being torn apart after the occupation tanks ran over them.

I saw the body of a martyr, handcuffed, his teeth smashed, his nails pulled out, and traces of torture evident all over his body.

I saw a large number of corpses in the vicinity of the complex, dumped in the streets, all of which had been subjected to field executions - all of them had been shot directly in the head.

I saw people's homes and dreams completely destroyed. I saw what a human mind could not imagine or bear.

The Holocaust is difficult to describe! Everything I said and will say is a small part of what is in the heart and what I saw with my own eyes and documented. But there is so much more that words cannot describe. I need to invent words other than “genocide” and “massacre” to describe what I saw in Shifa.

Have mercy on us and be with us, O God..

neverdie

Its an interesting operational failure really. Either their initial attacks were unsuccessful in clearing Hamas fighters, considering they've only just finished clearing those areas within the last couple of months, or after 6 months, they haven't really touched the tunnel network and their fighters are still popping up all over the place and still holding the hostages.

It's the demolition of Israeli military (state) propaganda over that period which is more interesting to me. The majority of the world accepts that Israel is practicing genocide. You cannot image-wizardry your way out of that consensus once formed in the minds of the world at large. And it's entirely legitimate, the genocide judgement, which counters all possible traces of anti-Israeli/Semitic rhetoric.

Idxomer

This reminds me of how their propagandists keep saying "We can only get the hostages back through military action".

Let's say that by some miracle they free every hostage through a military operation tomorrow without harm, they will still have failed in achieving their declared objective regarding the hostages. They have already killed more than 100 hostages through their bombing since October which I think is more than Hamas and other factions are holding now.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This reminds me of how their propagandists keep saying "We can only get the hostages back through military action".

Let's say that by some miracle they free every hostage through a military operation tomorrow without harm, they will still have failed in achieving their declared objective regarding the hostages. They have already killed more than 100 hostages through their bombing since October which I think is more than Hamas and other factions are holding now.
What's the source on Israel having killed 100+ hostages?

Idxomer

So to be clear, Israel itself has not admitted to being responsible for 100+ hostage deaths. They have admitted to other incidents in which they killed hostages.
Yeah, I never said they claimed responsibility for killing all of them. The point is that military action caused 100+ hostage deaths which is in contradiction to everything said by Israeli propagandists indicating that's the way to save them.

Also, it proves it was never close to being a priority for the Netanyahu government or much of the army to free the hostages. IMO, they have been nothing more than a propaganda tool for them.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Rogue state needs to be put down.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Good summary. I look forward to seeing what they do next. You can’t talk about human rights while completely ignoring what’s happening in Gaza. Kids are dying of starvation… in 2024. Speaking up against this is the least that you expect from countries that think of themselves as protectors of human rights. France has championed that since 1789.

Dominique de Villepin keeps talking about this issue. He has been right from Day One, just like he was right about the stupidity of going to Iraq in 2003 (I just re-watched his address back then at the UN).
You can scratch what I said about France being one of the ‘better’ ones…

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I am at struggle now with what Israel’s actual goals are at this point.
What are you struggle with?

What were you think israel goals were till now and which goals you suspect they aim to achieve

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
I am at struggle now with what Israel’s actual goals are at this point.
I’m shocked anyone would struggle to understand what their goals are given there’s over 30,000 dead, majority being women and children and non combatants, with over 100,000 displaced or injured, with the indiscriminate destruction of Gaza and the murders of journalists, aid workers, medical staff, civil servants, and genocidal rhetoric from the Israeli cabinet.

the_cliff

I’m shocked anyone would struggle to understand what their goals are given there’s over 30,000 dead, majority being women and children and non combatants, with over 100,000 displaced or injured, with the indiscriminate destruction of Gaza and the murders of journalists, aid workers, medical staff, civil servants, and genocidal rhetoric from the Israeli cabinet.
He does have a point. Not in the sense you're thinking. It has been an absolute clusterfeck from Israel and the US if you really think about it. They haven't got rid of Hamas, they've empowered the houthis, has been a PR disaster, increased Irans influence in the region especially with regards to the Gulf states and made it practically impossible for the normalisation of relations between Israel and Saudi.

And then to cap it all off they still have no plan on what to do next. It's like they make it up as they go, one day maybe invade Rafah, one day maybe war with Hezbollah, one day maybe a coalition of Egypt/UAE/Saudi will run Gaza, one day maybe not.

Bert_

Good times.
They've long lost any benefit of doubt they had. Even from those who had their heads in the sand until recently. War crime after war crime being committed and ones committing them reveling in it and seeming completely oblivious that the world is watching. Suppose that's what happens when you get away with not having to consider the consequences of your actions for so long. Thanks to the protection you receive from powerful allies.

It's been a PR disaster for Israel which will take a long time to recover from.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
At this stage it just seems like pure evil.
It is not.

The goal is and always to collectively punish the Gazan population and ethnically cleanse the strip. All actions undertaken in the last six months indicate and prove Israel's intent. Also send a message to humanitarian organizations to not try to be too clever and preferably feck off from there. They're about to get rid of UNRWA which was a massive thorn in their side and what happened today with the WCK isnt their first hit. Israel has a long history of shooting ambulances and get away with literal murder. It will make more noise for a couple of days, because it's not brown people who got killed.

Israel is right now staring at the abyss with the intention of taking a leap.

People like @AfonsoAlves who struggle to understand, provided they half-followed the last six months, can't either come to grips with the enormity of the crime in our day and age, or are willfully blind.

Last edited:

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
They've long lost any benefit of doubt they had. Even from those who had their heads in the sand until recently. War crime after war crime being committed and ones committing them reveling in it and seeming completely oblivious that the world is watching. Suppose that's what happens when you get away with not having to consider the consequences of your actions for so long. Thanks to the protection you receive from powerful allies.

It's been a PR disaster for Israel which will take a long time to recover from.
They will never recover from this.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I wrote those exact words initially, then considered how short memories can be.
Nah, they went too far and it's too well documented. That's beyond anything that happened in Palestine since 1948 and more importantly a genocide. Can't cover this up, not that they even tried to.

Some political establishments in the West (UK, Germany, Australia, US and France) might still give them unconditional support, but the younger generations don't have the same connection with Israel as their fathers and forefathers do. And they won't forget what they've seen in the past six months.

The time of Israel being the chosen country is coming to an end.

Bert_

Nah, they went too far and it's too well documented. That's beyond anything that happened in Palestine since 1948 and more importantly a genocide. Can't cover this up, not that they even tried to.

Some political establishments in the West (UK, Germany, Australia, US and France) might still give them unconditional support, but the younger generations don't have the same connection with Israel as their fathers and forefathers do. And they won't forget what they've seen in the past six months.

The time of Israel being the chosen country is coming to an end.
The seeds are already being sown. Once Israel have finished wiping out Gaza, the US will blame it all Netanyahu and say he went rogue and that will be the narrative everyone goes with.