Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I agree with this 100%. But again, they don't shut down the new york time when they spread missinformation. Neither they cancel or impeach or whatever the feck they can do to Biden when he claimed that the 40 beheaded babies were true. Sure there is misinformation in Tik tok. But also in FB and Instragram and any other social media and blatantly in TVs and newspapers

Tik tok might receive more flak because of China ties? Maybe. That Tiktok is less controlled bye the US government and can control the misinformation from the pro-palestinian side and spread misinformation from the pro-Israelian side from other Social media platforms, TV and newspapers? my opinion is yes.

They don't mind (and even promote) miss information when is from the pro-israelian side, what they don't like is the misinformation (and reliable information also) that they can't control. And that is AGAIN, fecking double standards and hypocrisy
Exactly.

Smores

"More striking is an anecdote from a moment similar to the current one, in the early 1980s. Israel’s bombing of Beirut, framed by Israel as self-defense, was condemned for its brutality around the world. Even President Ronald Reagan told off the Israelis at the time, telling Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin he was perpetrating a “holocaust” and that the bombing had to end. When Begin visited D.C. that year, he received pushback from senators over Israel’s conduct and killings of civilians.

One young senator, Begin recalled, stood out in contrast for his unreserved support for Israel’s military strikes even if it meant killing women and children. That was Senator Joseph R. Biden of Delaware. Begin was so shocked he had to disassociate himself from Biden’s remarks. A few months later, Israeli military–backed militias would carry out the gruesome Sabra and Shatila massacre in Beirut.

Let that sink in for a moment: Biden then was not only to the right of Ronald Reagan when it came to protecting Palestinian life, he was to the right of Menachem Begin. Today, he still is"

Do you think this guy will ever speak, he is worse than Israeli right wingers, he hates Arabs more than Trump. That is why every Arab or Muslim in the US should not vote for him abd stay home. They should not be complicit in genocide.
Given the decisions made and the rhetoric coming out of the white house it seems like he's more than willing to risk the election to support Israel.

Giggsyking

Kill as many civilians as you want. We laugh at the world who believes our stupid lies and shit about human rights.

Given the decisions made and the rhetoric coming out of the white house it seems like he's more than willing to risk the election to support Israel.
Of course, for Biden, blind support of Israel is ideological.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Of course, for Biden, blind support of Israel is ideological.
This is what many democratic voters fail to see. They are so used to politics being a game of numbers, pragmatism and calculations exclusively based on winning, they forget what it's like when politicians really believe in something. Biden is not supporting israel because he thinks it will get him votes, because his strategists tell him it's the best for his numbers or any bs like that. He supports israel because he believes in the zionist project for that area, it's as clear as day right now and the attempts at rationalization get more desperate by the day.

At least they will always have one last card to play: "yeah but trump would be worse". At this point, regarding palestine, given that trump believes in absolutely nothing, I'm not convinced he would be worse.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
:lol:

A range of xanax addicted presser secretaries are put forward nightly to express concern and talk about complexity. Meanwhile Biden thinks he is in a real life Tolkien book.
TBH I've said all along that I understand and would probably agree with those who vote for him as a lesser of two evils, but after this speech, feck him. Rot in hell. Irredeemable piece of shit. "Motivated by ancient hatreds" and "protestors are anti-semitic."
Trump will end my career aspirations in the US in multiple different ways, but he might put Biden in jail for some Hunter-related BS, and that's a small measure of justice in this world.

AfonsoAlves

TBH I've said all along that I understand and would probably agree with those who vote for him as a lesser of two evils, but after this speech, feck him. Rot in hell. Irredeemable piece of shit. "Motivated by ancient hatreds" and "protestors are anti-semitic."
Trump will end my career aspirations in the US in multiple different ways, but he might put Biden in jail for some Hunter-related BS, and that's a small measure of justice in this world.
Is that not the case though, when it comes to Hamas?

I mean, they're not as explicit about it as the Houthi's but...

This is an extract of article 7 of the Hamas Charter and this is about as defining as it gets when it comes to motivations that come from ancient hatreds (and I mean ancient, try 1300 years ago ancient)

Moreover, if the links have been distant from each other and if obstacles, placed by those who are the lackeys of Zionism in the way of the fighters obstructed the continuation of the struggle, the Islamic Resistance Movement aspires to the realisation of Allah's promise, no matter how long that should take. The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said:

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews."

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

This is an extract of article 7 of the Hamas Charter and this is about as defining as it gets when it comes to motivations that come from ancient hatreds (and I mean ancient, try 1300 years ago ancient)
1. Hamas has a new charter
2. There has been violence from Palestinians towards Jewish settlers for about 100 years now, long before Hamas existed. For many reasons, I believe the bulk of that violence, including Ovt 7th, is motivated by the 2nd rather than 1st characteristic. (And conversely that most of the violence by these settlers against Palestinians is driven by their characteristic as existing inhabitants on that land, rather than being Muslim).
3. This statement is in the context of Holocaust remembrance day. Hitler and other Europeans did the Holocaust after many different European entities carrying out centuries-long violence repression of Jews, dwarfing the repression seen in the Middle East.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid

No. I'm not sure why you'd take a charter seriously.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The 2020 Democratic Party platform (let's call it their 'charter') says "protest is among the highest forms of patriotism." It later claims that "Democrats are committed to following the rule of law and will uphold the First Amendment right to peaceably assemble."

Do Democrats actually believe that? Of course not. It's just words, propaganda, etc.

Sweet Square

Biden would be comfortable with wiping out every Palestinian in Gaza. His brain is the most racist magic 8 ball imaginable.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
they're burning alive trapped kids and have buried alive trapped hospital patients

neverdie

they're burning alive trapped kids and have buried alive trapped hospital patients

All 14 public universities, according to media reports, have been destroyed. What Israel has done here will go down in infamy as will all tethering their careers and whatever legacy they think they could/would have to this Israeli regime.

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/internati...s-it-s-a-war-against-education_6592965_4.html

12, not 14, but the point remains.

Smores

What I find mad is you look at tweets talking about US objections to the worst IDF acts and you see countless Israelis accusing Dems of being Hamas supporters.

Despite all the backing and arms sales they still want complete impunity to murder at will.

Suv666

I don’t get why people are worried about the Tik Tok ban.

The reason why the platform appears “pro-Palestine” is because young people are on it.
If its banned and they shift to a different social media platform it would become similar.

Which I think would actually do more good. Its all millennials and Gen Z on Tik Tok, if they migrate to say Instagram (probably the natural choice) you’d at least get less of an echo chamber.

Their views might reach some boomers and conservatives and just might help in changing attitudes.

Idxomer

The reason why the platform appears “pro-Palestine” is because young people are on it.
If its banned and they shift to a different social media platform it would become similar.

Which I think would actually do more good. Its all millennials and Gen Z on Tik Tok, if they migrate to say Instagram (probably the natural choice) you’d at least get less of an echo chamber.

Their views might reach some boomers and conservatives and just might help in changing attitudes.
Personally, I don't care that much about it. I don't use TikTok, and very likely never will. It clearly rattled some feathers in the US because of the overwhelming support of Palestinians on it. It didn't have, as far as I know, the same suppression of pro-Palestinian voices that has been happening on Meta and X.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I don't think it would make a difference in either case. The legal case would take years to adjudicate in US courts, during which Tik Tok will still be available. Nevermind all the other social networks that will continue to get used by protestor (Hamas have a Telegram account that they use for their official communications). If a non-Chinese company emerges to buy Byte Dance over the next 12 months, then Tik Tok won't be going anywhere at all.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
All 14 public universities, according to media reports, have been destroyed. What Israel has done here will go down in infamy as will all tethering their careers and whatever legacy they think they could/would have to this Israeli regime.

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/internati...s-it-s-a-war-against-education_6592965_4.html

12, not 14, but the point remains.
I’m sure all those universities were just there for show, to conceal underground hamas tunnels. There’s no way the most moral army in the world would systematically & intentionally destroy a populations future like that!

Idxomer

The images today and yesterday from Rafah and Gaza City are as harrowing as anything we've seen before in this genocide.

Idxomer

I’m sure all those universities were just there for show, to conceal underground hamas tunnels. There’s no way the most moral army in the world would systematically & intentionally destroy a populations future like that!
There's a video of them shooting at empty tents today.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
David Lammy tells US Republicans he can find ‘common cause’ with Trump

In Washington DC speech, shadow foreign secretary says Labour ‘will always work with US, whoever wins’

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ns-he-can-find-common-cause-with-donald-trump

Worth reading the whole article, but Lammy gave his perspective of Labour's official position if elected:

Asked about the protests on campuses over the Israeli treatment of Palestinians in Gaza, he said: “There is a difference between peaceful protest of the kind Mandela would have advocated, and violence and rioting.” He added that he was concerned that the bandwidth of western democracies was growing slimmer. “I am outraged at what is happening to ordinary folk in Sudan, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, in Yemen, in Haiti. Why are we really not up in arms about these issues as well?

“I say gently to those who concentrate singly on a very ancient and terrible, terrible war that is taking place in Gaza: but let us not crowd out a lot of people suffering in our world today and underlining that the US and UK have to stand firm on so many fronts today.”

maniak

Supports
Arsenal

In Washington DC speech, shadow foreign secretary says Labour ‘will always work with US, whoever wins’

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ns-he-can-find-common-cause-with-donald-trump

Worth reading the whole article, but Lammy gave his perspective of Labour's official position if elected:

Asked about the protests on campuses over the Israeli treatment of Palestinians in Gaza, he said: “There is a difference between peaceful protest of the kind Mandela would have advocated, and violence and rioting.” He added that he was concerned that the bandwidth of western democracies was growing slimmer. “I am outraged at what is happening to ordinary folk in Sudan, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, in Yemen, in Haiti. Why are we really not up in arms about these issues as well?

“I say gently to those who concentrate singly on a very ancient and terrible, terrible war that is taking place in Gaza: but let us not crowd out a lot of people suffering in our world today and underlining that the US and UK have to stand firm on so many fronts today.”
Is he talking about the mandela who said this?

Force is the only language the imperialists can hear, and no country became free without some sort of violence.

Sweet Square

Asked about the protests on campuses over the Israeli treatment of Palestinians in Gaza, he said: “There is a difference between peaceful protest of the kind Mandela would have advocated, and violence and rioting.”
“Violence was the only weapon that would destroy apartheid.” - Nelson Mandela

I think Lammy might be confusing Mandela with Martin Luther King Jr. Which would be very on brand for Lammy. Also

Lammy really is the perfect liberal

Last edited:

RedTiger

Half mast
B

A fecking ancient war?

Idxomer

They didn't actually withhold this type and the IOF have been using dumb bombs anyway.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

They didn't actually withhold this type and the IOF have been using dumb bombs anyway.
And it is basically using civilians as human shields. If you don't give us what we want, we will kill even more civilians

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

this was back in december:

Nearly half of the air-to-ground munitions that Israel has used in Gaza in its war with Hamas since October 7 have been unguided, otherwise known as “dumb bombs,” according to a new US intelligence assessment.

The assessment, compiled by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and described to CNN by three sources who have seen it, says that about 40-45% of the 29,000 air-to-ground munitions Israel has used have been unguided. The rest have been precision-guided munitions, the assessment says.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

The fact that Biden is saying this publicly and not through leaks seems pretty big, assuming he stands by it. The administration finally tired of Netanyahu and Israel constantly torpedoing any possible hostage deal in their desire to level all of Gaza.

Last edited:

Idxomer

It does seem significant; let's see what will happen with the negotiations in the next few days.

the_cliff

The fact that Biden is saying this publicly and not through leaks seems pretty big, assuming he stands by it. The administration finally tired of Netanyahu and Israel constantly torpedoing any possible hostage deal in their desire to level all of Gaza.
I wonder what made him say this, there's a clue if you see his full quotes.

Shez

I don't think it would make a difference in either case. The legal case would take years to adjudicate in US courts, during which Tik Tok will still be available. Nevermind all the other social networks that will continue to get used by protestor (Hamas have a Telegram account that they use for their official communications). If a non-Chinese company emerges to buy Byte Dance over the next 12 months, then Tik Tok won't be going anywhere at all.
Have a word with yourself - putting the hamas point in brackets immediately post protestors is disingenuous conflation