Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Chiesa might look disturbingly like Nosferatu but my god he’s a tidy footballer

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I can't watch it right now but Judging from the scoreline, it'll be interesting to see if Millan could avoid a collapse akin to last year and push all the way in till the end.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan

Roma with three english players in the starting XI against Juventus. It may be the first time in the history of Serie A given how reluctant are english players to move abroad

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Roma with three english players in the starting XI against Juventus. It may be the first time in the history of Serie A given how reluctant are english players to move abroad
Would be interesting to see whether this is a trend that will continue or not, our very own axel joined that club and seeing how hard it's become to be mainstay at a pl club many more might be tempted to move abroad.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
I can't watch it right now but Judging from the scoreline, it'll be interesting to see if Millan could avoid a collapse akin to last year and push all the way in till the end.
The collapse last season came due to an unprecedented injury crisis - a crisis that we just mostly got out of after the last 1.5months. Once Tomori and Romagnoli are back from covid in a few days, we're basically full strength (aside from Kjaer season ending injury).

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
I've looked at Transfermarkt about english players in Serie A and it's definitely a growing trend:

- Between 2001 and 2014 only two players have at least 1 appearance in Serie A: Bothroyd and David Beckham; since then
- 2014/15, 2: Micah Richards, Ashley Cole
- 2015/16, 1: Nathaniel Chalobah
- 2016/17, 1: Joe Hart
- 2017/18, 1: Rolando Aarons
- 2018/19, 2: Ben Wilmot, Ronaldo Vieira
- 2019/20, 3: Chris Smalling, Ronaldo Vieira, Ashley Young
- 2021/21, 4: Smalling, Ronaldo, Young, Tomori
- 2021/22, 7: Smalling, Ronaldo, Tomori, AMN, Abraham, Tuanzebe, Binks

Probably the Premier League has become so much competitive and PL clubs import so many good foreign players that the english ones are forced to move abroad if they want to grow and/or play..

TheGame

I've looked at Transfermarkt about english players in Serie A and it's definitely a growing trend:

- Between 2001 and 2014 only two players have at least 1 appearance in Serie A: Bothroyd and David Beckham; since then

Probably the Premier League has become so much competitive and PL clubs import so many good foreign players that the english ones are forced to move abroad if they want to grow and/or play..
Also Aaron Hickey from Scotland in the Bologna squad and features regularly.

marktan

Two other trends being that this current generation of England players particularly has a lot of good young players, as seen by the Euros squad, and that if an English player does well, an English team will be quite likely to pay a higher price for them, thus incentivising teams to take a risk on young English players. A team like Liverpool is already at the max of how many non English players it can sign.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The collapse last season came due to an unprecedented injury crisis - a crisis that we just mostly got out of after the last 1.5months. Once Tomori and Romagnoli are back from covid in a few days, we're basically full strength (aside from Kjaer season ending injury).
I guess we find out , a proper title race is in the interest of the entire league to make it more enjoyable.

Charlie Foley

What a free! 3-1! Don’t think chesney had a chance but he didn’t look like he got any spring in his dive

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
José fecking juventus will never not be :drool: :drool: :drool:

marktan

What formation are Roma playing? Is Smalling playing as the outer CB in a back 3? That makes no sense to me, he needs to be in the middle. That 2nd goal is his bread and butter, he heads that away 9/10 times