Italian Serie A 2023/2024

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is Joshua Zirkzee any good? 7 goals seems like a decent return.
He's like if football was sex. How good he is depends on how many goals he's going to score, and how, but there's no player any Italian would rather watch right now

He's this season's Kvara

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He's like if football was sex. How good he is depends on how many goals he's going to score, and how, but there's no player any Italian would rather watch right now

He's this season's Kvara
That's..... pretty good then?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bologna have signed very well, Lewis Ferguson been excellent since coming in from Aberdeen. Also Saelemaekers who was looking decent at Milan a year or two back.

I can see them making CL this season.

The-Mezzala

Bologna have signed very well, Lewis Ferguson been excellent since coming in from Aberdeen. Also Saelemaekers who was looking decent at Milan a year or two back.

Thiago Motta is getting a lot of praise. Looks like he could be a good coach. He has learned of some great coaches in his career. Big win against Roma who are very hit and miss this season.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

Not seen them much but was interested in how Thiago Mottas career was gonna go after his wild formation claim of a few years ago. How’s their style of play? Etc?

abundance

Supports
Inter

He's this season's Kvara
fkin class tonight again

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

He's this season's Kvara
Agree with the comparison with this season Kvara. I think this kid has a lot of potential in himself. We just hope that he will get better and better.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Agree with the comparison with this season Kvara. I think this kid has a lot of potential in himself. We just hope that he will get better and better.
well it's useless it's for Bayern if they want him.
They got a buy out option of 40m or 50% resale value if Bologna sell elsewhere

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They have Kane and Tell, don't think they're gonna spend 40m on another striker

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus need to change manager at the end of the season. Allegri's doing really good this season but they need a teacher in there, somebody really good at working with and developing youngsters. They have something special going on. Yildiz, Soulé, Cambiaso, Iling, that other blonde CB, Fagioli if/when he gets back, Miretti....somebody like a De Zerbi and a bit of patience, that could get scary in a couple of years

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Juventus need to change manager at the end of the season. Allegri's doing really good this season but they need a teacher in there, somebody really good at working with and developing youngsters. They have something special going on. Yildiz, Soulé, Cambiaso, Iling, that other blonde CB, Fagioli if/when he gets back, Miretti....somebody like a De Zerbi and a bit of patience, that could get scary in a couple of years
As long as they keep winning by a goal, they'll keep Allegri right? Its fecking annoying seeing them win 1-0, 2-1 every week :lol:

wr8_utd

:'(
Looking forward to Roma vs Napoli right now. Will be extremely entertaining on paper.

Lay

Mourinho drama on the sideline again :lol:

Lay

Napoli have sold Elmas to Leipzig. Always thought he was a good option off the bench but never did well when he started.

ADL also declares he wanted to sack Garcia on the first day after Garcia admitted he hadn't watched Napoli play before :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Napoli have sold Elmas to Leipzig. Always thought he was a good option off the bench but never did well when he started.

ADL also declares he wanted to sack Garcia on the first day after Garcia admitted he hadn't watched Napoli play before :lol:
Garcia would be factually incorrect about that as, technically, he did watch Napoli play as Roma's head coach a while back. Still, it'd be weird for Garcia to say something like that and for ADL to make up on the spot as well.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The standard of play in this Roma- Napoli game is awful.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
DeLa REALLY needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and not antagonize the people that work for him

How Napoli went from last season's juggernaut to this, all because DeLa couldn't help himself and basically run Spalletti and Giuntoli out of town

Great goal Pellegrini, Roma win

Lay

Napoli need to change a lot this season. They failed to capitalise on their success last season by taking the cheap options

el3mel

Lukaku and Dybala combo kinda transformed Roma.

They have zero depth or replacement for both though. When they're both fit, the team seems to be firing. Both of them out and they're back to being shit.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
They have Kane and Tell, don't think they're gonna spend 40m on another striker
well it's all on Bayern and if dude keep delivering why not? Kane is 30-31years old and dunno about Tell but Zirkzee looks very promising.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Getting Mazzarri back mid season as some sort of caretaker was a strange decision.

He was a fantastic coach for them but it's not 2011 anymore and last few years he's just been managing relegation threatened teams.

Napoli were always going to lose motivation after the title but they're in danger of finishing 8-9th if they don't do something.

Lay

They've been on the verge for years with constant articles especially under Thohir. Plus they had to sell Onana for FFP, not because they were about to collapse.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Fukin mental game today I'm still shaking.
Gonna be a looooooooong season to the end.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How urgent is this? Hate to be vulture-like, but if they are in urgent need of funds I wouldn't mind a Lautaro Martinez bid :nervous:
Not urgent at all. They are in line with all payments, piece was written with an anti-inter agenda. They are heavily indebted, but currently not at risk in any way shape or form

Judging by yesterday's game, they might even have ref money

abundance

Supports
Inter
Not urgent at all. They are in line with all payments, piece was written with an anti-inter agenda. They are heavily indebted, but currently not at risk in any way shape or form
Yep, club's fine.
There's a very substantial risk of Zhang's family losing ownership of the club to the fund they're indebted with, but that's a different matter altogether.

Judging by yesterday's game, they might even have ref money
For the record, Arnautovic was dispossessed with a foul on Hellas' equalizer, and last minute penalty was very very soft too.
Seems more 360 degrees lame refereeing to me.

abundance

Supports
Inter
nothing to say about the game yesterday but this? :wenger::wenger::lol:
I was busy at lunch time and couldn't watch the game live, so I disconnected from all media until I watched the full game replay, I posted like ten minutes after finishing it.
I didn't even catch Bastoni's foul away from the ball, if anything I was under the impression that the referee stiffed us with that 100' soft penalty and no foul on their equalizer, go figure.

abundance

Supports
Inter
oh and btw, since we ended up talking about that...

this is what the media reported as "unsanctioned blatant elbowing"...