ITT: Poster who doesn’t want to waste emotion returns with emotional buzzfeed essay insulting fans

rotherham_red

Surely win at all costs supporters who don’t really care about the principles of the club and what it represents are more consumer like. They show zero loyalty to their players and jump down their throats juar because of some bad results or because their manager has told them to (despite being presented with evidence to the contrary).

I’m not boycotting the club because it’s not successful.. we were less successful under Moyes and LVG and I didn’t boycott the club then. It’s a principled stance on the fact that the manager has crossed the line several times in his comments about the club and the manner in which he exposes to the media re: inner workings of the club and blames his players even when he is to blame and then flips 180 citing fake news when the media has turned against him. I refuse to support that way of working. It’s not Manchester United.

If you care for the club, you want what is best for it. Why would I want to support someone who is abusing the club whenever it suits him to further his own agenda.
But your principle seems to be to boycott something you apparently love because the current incumbent is not acting how you would want him to act. Rather than sticking to supporting the club through thick and thin.

Giving up your support is just pathetic and is no less different than the 20 somethings I grew up with who were Utd fans growing up and then switched to Chelsea and City as soon as the money rolled in.

The even more galling thing is, you were among the hordes of fans who was hankering for him on this very forum.

The key thing is, you're not meant to be supporting Jose; you're meant to be supporting the club. You seem to have meshed the two into one entity rather than treat them as separate. To want what's best for the club is for them to get 3 points every Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. Irrespective of who is in the dugout. It could be the ghost of Barry Chuckle for all I care. As long as there's 11 lads out there playing in the shirt, I'll back the team.

gajender

I understand why you are upset but I don't understand why you would boycott the club? Do you consider that by not taking actions, the club is complicit? I have to admit that I don't understand how people can be behind Mourinho when he seems to consider his own past greater than United's, maybe I have the wrong impression but that's how I see it.
But don't you think by boycotting club due to Mourinho's presence he is also putting Mourinho ahead of the club and giving him greater importance than club which is the allegation he has made against Mourinho and his supporting crowd.

meamth

Get the banner up! You can be our D.T from Arsenal Fam TV mate.

In all seriousness, if you're a fan..rally behind the club. The players and the manager needs our backing now more than ever.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
But your principle seems to be to boycott something you apparently love because the current incumbent is not acting how you would want him to act. Rather than sticking to supporting the club through thick and thin.

Giving up your support is just pathetic and is no less different than the 20 somethings I grew up with who were Utd fans growing up and then switched to Chelsea and City as soon as the money rolled in.

The even more galling thing is, you were among the hordes of fans who was hankering for him on this very forum.

The key thing is, you're not meant to be supporting Jose; you're meant to be supporting the club. You seem to have meshed the two into one entity rather than treat them as separate. To want what's best for the club is for them to get 3 points every Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. Irrespective of who is in the dugout. It could be the ghost of Barry Chuckle for all I care. As long as there's 11 lads out there playing in the shirt, I'll back the team.
Doesn’t make sense to do that when a manager of the club is actively hurting your club. The most supportive thing you could do for your club is to plead for his sacking. Fans at the terraces do this all the time at all manner of clubs. Fans did this whilst Moyes and LVG were in charge, I don’t see why when it comes to Jose anyone asking for his sacking is less of a fan.

Also the point of supporting a club and asking for 3 points even when you’re of the opinion it is heading the wrong path is noted but irrelevant here as the manager has with his antics pushed me to the point where I simply cannot tolerate his project at all and for best of the club and with a desire to not see this season turn into an inevitable car crash, I will only be happy with his immediate departure. I am not actively wishing for us to lose games, just passively observing our games until he goes.

OverratedOpinion

Doesn’t make sense to do that when a manager of the club is actively hurting your club. The most supportive thing you could do for your club is to plead for his sacking. Fans at the terraces do this all the time at all manner of clubs. Fans did this whilst Moyes and LVG were in charge, I don’t see why when it comes to Jose anyone asking for his sacking is less of a fan.

Also the point of supporting a club and asking for 3 points even when you’re of the opinion it is heading the wrong path is noted but irrelevant here as the manager has with his antics pushed me to the point where I simply cannot tolerate his project at all and for best of the club and with a desire to not see this season turn into an inevitable car crash, I will only be happy with his immediate departure. I am not actively wishing for us to lose games, just passively observing our games until he goes.
Mate I don't think wanting him to be sacked is the problem, lots of fans do and there can be decent debates as to whether that is the right call or not. It is the fact that you are almost preaching to fans who still want to passionately support their team. Acting as though the only reason to do so is some "toxic" desire to show what a top red they are.

You sound like one of those preachy religious types who can't accept that other people don't see things your way.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But don't you think by boycotting club due to Mourinho's presence he is also putting Mourinho ahead of the club and giving him greater importance than club which is the allegation he has made against Mourinho and his supporting crowd.
That's why I don't understand why he would boycott the club. In my mind Mourinho is nothing, I will actively support United for my entire life while he will move on at some point, knowing that I will always support the club even if today I don't trust the board or don't like the manager, my fanhood is unconditional. I will probably smile when Mourinho leaves but until that point I want the club to do well, I'm not really rational but I want him out and I also want him to do well because he works for the club.

Smores

Did he sleep with your daughter or something?

OverratedOpinion

That's why I don't understand why he would boycott the club. In my mind Mourinho is nothing, I will actively support United for my entire life while he will move on at some point, knowing that I will always support the club even if today I don't trust the board or don't like the manager, my fanhood is unconditional. I will probably smile when Mourinho leaves but until that point I want the club to do well, I'm not really rational but I want him out and I also want him to do well because he works for the club.
Well put. A hell of a lot of managers will come and go. One of his key points is that no individual is bigger than the club yet he is making Jose bigger than the club in his own mind.

MoskvaRed

A bit OTT to put it mildly. It’s true some of our fans have an irritating tendency to seek parallels with the Fergie era such as arguing that initial struggles may translate to long-term success (Fergie obviously, but also Nemanja and Patrick, the patron saints of those lost at corners such as Lindelöf) and making random conparisons with seasons past (92/93 being the current favourite, replacing 06/07 now our start has turned ugly).

But I find most fans are critical of the club and its current owners/managers (in the broader sense). We just don’t see what we can do to effect meaningful change.

GloryHunter07

I agree with the bit about Sevilla being a shitshow, but even then you paint yourself as part of a "select few" which is revisionism at its finest.

The rest of the OP is rubbish.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And who would you blame that on. Almost every United fan could predict if you do not back jose fully with funds , we will get a moaning jose. Yet the board did nothing. We can have 20 threads of how jose is the problem but the reality is he is just another pawn and the real issue is that our club is run in a clueless manner. We lacked any direction since we sacked moyes. From lvg to Jose, now to who?
Who would I blame Mourinho being a serial moaner/picker of fights on? Mourinho.

Now who? Maybe Zidane.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wait, so in your eyes OP can make huge, sweeping and laughably flawed insinuations about numerous members of this forum and our fanbase in general, including myself without any evidence to support his claims beyond a few misappropriated political concepts and he's absolutely valid in what he's doing but if other users coyly do the same thing just to highlight how absurd OP is being we "best (not?) jump to pointless insinuations?" Would you prefer it if I invoked the Third Reich and added a couple dozen unnecessary paragraphs to my post perhaps? Maybe that would make the point I'm making more palatable. :lol:
Meh, the point he's making is fairly simple. It's you who is taking it extremely personally despite the token smiley. But don't worry I won't call you a madman with serious issues.

A weird OP for sure. And very stange/over the top phrasing used throughout.

Norris

This is why you're better off on the CAF making a tit of yourself a little bit at a time. Bottle it up and you will end up epically soiling yourself.
Pretty much this sums up everything that needs to be said about the thread, the caf and etc etc..

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
My fanhood to the club is unconditional though. I am putting the long term interests of the club first. Supporting this current project is just going to lead to further pain and disrepute for the club. I don’t get how just blindly supporting it is making me a better unconditional fan of the club.

Your point at the end is just a sheepish way of saying you ideally want him out but can’t bring yourself to want us to lose so he can go. For me with LVG and Moyes I too was in that mindset because I knew they were the wrong people in charge but they weren’t actively seeking to destroy the club so I was happy to support regardless and just wait out the inevitable demise.

With Jose, we’re looking at potential departures of Pogba, Martial, Bailly and even signings such as Lukaku and Sanchez are now beginning to attract criticism and before long his fans will say they too need to be sold as they’re unable to follow his instructions. Supporting his project would mean seeing these players leave, players who I think will benefit the club if under the right management. That’s why it is not a normal just support the manager through thick and thin situations and not one I can just wait out and continue to support. We’re in a precarious situation where we risk alienating players to the point they leave.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
My fanhood to the club is unconditional though. I am putting the long term interests of the club first. Supporting this current project is just going to lead to further pain and disrepute for the club. I don’t get how just blindly supporting it is making me a better unconditional fan of the club.

Your point at the end is just a sheepish way of saying you ideally want him out but can’t bring yourself to want us to lose so he can go. For me with LVG and Moyes I too was in that mindset because I knew they were the wrong people in charge but they weren’t actively seeking to destroy the club so I was happy to support regardless and just wait out the inevitable demise.

With Jose, we’re looking at potential departures of Pogba, Martial, Bailly and even signings such as Lukaku and Sanchez are now beginning to attract criticism and before long his fans will say they too need to be sold as they’re unable to follow his instructions. Supporting his project would mean seeing these players leave, players who I think will benefit the club if under the right management. That’s why it is not a normal just support the manager through thick and thin situations and not one I can just wait out and continue to support. We’re in a precarious situation where we risk alienating players to the point they leave.
There is nothing sheepish, I want him out even if we win. In the Mourinho out thread I mentioned my experience with my Rugby team and even though Jake White won and had good results I wanted him out and fortunately the owner wanted him out too. If it was down to me, he wouldn't have been renewed and would have been let go in 2019, unless the man changes drastically which he won't.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
I thought I left RAWK, did I enter the URL incorrectly?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Sure, the same way I imagine someone taking a massive dump in the middle of Trafford Centre during peak hours would get a lot of people talking too. ;)
Hey, whatever does the trick - you're all in here conferencing. Mission accomplished.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Maybe the OP is onto something but as a 44 year old growing up in the streets of Winton and Patricroft Utd holds a lot more to me than criticising the manager. Maybe I'm guilty of a romantic Ideology but it's just not for me. I've seen a lot worse than this and seen a lot better than this. I grew up where suprisngly there was a lot of scouse kids. You would have it rammed down your throat that Aldo and Rushie were better than Hughsie. Give me THAT Hughsie goal in the league Cup against the scouser for any 20 tap ins old gonzo would score. As I say a romantic notion not for everyone.

As for Jose I can see why a lot of people think his posta match comments come across as narcissistic. I take another view on it he's won pretty much where he's gone and he's showing his players I'm a winner follow me. If that means he ruffles a few feathers and gets a tune out of a few players fine by me. Put it another way. Maybe the tough love he has shown Shaw has finally made the penny drop with him and we are seeing that ON the pitch where it matters. **** Pogba and the circus that follows him. If he can selectively put a shift in because he does or doesn't get on with the gaffer then I'd rather have Jose warts and all before Pogba. Eff off to Spain for the 'Project'!! !!!

I admire him for taking the press to task. In my eyes, be it emotive they are utter utter scum who steal a living off the name of Man Utd and will continue to selectively report and edit what Jose said to support their narrative. He doesnt support youth, he doesn't respect home grown players, he ruins kids futures or so we are lead to believe. Rashford thriving, Lingard thriving and how many minutes has Phil Forden the new wonder kid of Stockport had in meaningful first team football since 2017? but good news about Jose doesn't sell papers.

Jose will go at some point be that Sunday coming, in a week or in five years. As I say, seen better seen worse but I've always seen Man Utd.

Reactions: Penna

Rory 7

My team is playing bad after end of an era in 2014 therefore I want a ban from internet forum because logic, but in the meantime I will insult few people by calling them Trump loving Mouronic rednecks to show that I'm not a raging peasant myself after writing an essay so everyone can think I'm a free thinking liberal poet, drinking absynth in secluded lodge somewhere in Dagobah.

In the 60's we could leave our door open because robbers were stealing only from ultra elititist banks... and Kennedy, don't forget about him, he died to oppose people like Mourinho in the future who's biggest crime against humanity was to win against SAF with Porto.

Remember kids, people who support their own manager and doesn't give a flying F about Pep and Klopp are Satan. Now please, tell me exact time you're banning me so my last post on the forum will be quote from my favourite intellectual movie with Mel Gibson.
:lol: Excellent