Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeInTheSky

He wouldnt sign Robbie Savage what a stupid fecking question.
Some have no real argument and have resorted to the ridiculous hypothetical scenarios.

What this really means is that their dislike and negative feelings towards JM are boiling to the surface. Not sure why they feel offended that someone values a managers opinion with a network of scouts and analysts on his transfer business over randoms on the internet.

No one says JM or any other manager for that matter gets a home run with every transfer.

No one said to anyone, that I can see, that they were not allowed to have or post an opinion. Anyone claiming this is being overly sensitive and emotional. It's a typical tactic people with week arguments resort to.

Just because you made a sensible comment about how we won't know how a player will fare next season people are throwing a tantrum about "you can't tell me what to do or think", "it's a forum we can criticise JM despite the Golden rule that we can't "

Which is ironic because they are the ones who are offended that their stance is being questioned in that very same forum.

GM K

How many PL titles has Sanchez won for Arsenal?
How many titles has Griezmann won for Atletico?
How many league titles has De Bruyne won for City?

There are several wingers that can also give width, but will likely be younger, better and/or cheaper as well.

There is nothing special about Perisic that I have seen that warrants our interest in him, and to say he is a 'Mourinho player' or 'Mou wants him' is not enough justification. Mou also wanted Quaresma, and we all know how that worked out.
Unfortunately in the real world of football, what the manager wants, is what counts. In this case, if Jose considers Perisic to be an ideal player for the squad he wants to build, then that is what will count and ultimately, he will be judged by such calls. We just have to give him that benefit of doubt.

I think we fans over simplify football transfers many times. What if Jose has Neymar, Bale, Sanchez, Costa and Perisic as options in that order but only Perisic is the one he can get for a thousand and one reasons? Just saying.

It's easy to say that a manager should rather go for that other player instead of the one he is after but what if that 'other player' is not keen? How will we ever really know?

cheeky_backheel

Unfortunately in the real world of football, what the manager wants, is what counts. In this case, if Jose considers Perisic to be an ideal player for the squad he wants to build, then that is what will count and ultimately, he will be judged by such calls. We just have to give him that benefit of doubt.

I think we fans over simplify football transfers many times. What if Jose has Neymar, Bale, Sanchez, Costa and Perisic as options in that order but only Perisic is the one he can get for a thousand and one reasons? Just saying.

It's easy to say that a manager should rather go for that other player instead of the one he is after but what if that 'other player' is not keen? How will we ever really know?
If Mourinho can assemble an all-star squad, he will. He is the type of manager that wants the best players regardless of costs.

Griezmann is the type of player that you can see Mourinho salivating over while Perisic just doesnt seem to be it. Perisic has not done anything over the years to suggest Mourinho would pick him over willian, and for the kind of Money rumored, Conte will likely personally drive Willian over to the borough.

Like I said earlier, I will only believe this when an official bid is placed,.

Hojoon

Better montage than I have previously seen. Some very good skills. I see why some say he stagnated a bit this season as his highlights for Dortmund looked better
Inter have had a mess of a season as a whole. Mancini left a couple of weeks before the season started, De Boer lasted like 3 months, and Pioli's now gone too.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Inter are taking the piss with that valuation. I bet they'd have accepted an offer of 30 million euros tops from a club outside of England.

el3mel

Inter are taking the piss with that valuation. I bet they'd have accepted an offer of 30 million euros tops from a club outside of England.
Good from us. Persist on this price or surrender from negotiations. Their price is ridiculous.

leontas

If we get him for 30m, that'd be a good bit of business. Anything above that and you're entering into Sanchez territory and this guy is not in that category.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pretty hilarious stuff from Inter if true. Inflating the price for Perisic so they can afford Hamez.

Dembeza

Didn't we go through something similar with BVB when we signed Mkhitaryan? and we ended up signing him for less than what BVB were asking for

Mr Smith

You can't really blame them for trying to squeeze us though. They know we've got the money. Personally, I think we should make an offer somewhere in the middle (say 40M) and tell them take it or leave it. Let them know we're not going to be fecked around.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
You can't really blame them for trying to squeeze us though. They know we've got the money. Personally, I think we should make an offer somewhere in the middle (say 40M) and tell them take it or leave it. Let them know we're not going to be fecked around.
That's exactly what they're hoping for because even they don't believe he's worth 40 million, let alone close to 50.

Mani

That's fair valuation from our side.

PoTMS

That's exactly what they're hoping for because even they don't believe he's worth 40 million, let alone close to 50.
This. We're not showing them anything - we're still getting fecked over. In fact, they'll have us think they're doing us a favour by offloading him for £40m. Feck them if they wanna shaft us and move on to other targets. No one in their right mind is paying them that much for him.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
In fairness, i think the purchase of Ivan Perisic is very wise.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I still remember that worldie he scored for Dortmund against Arsenal in the last minute (pretty sure it was him)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Us getting Perisic and them getting Hamish is a joke.
Why? James is the superior player but we're in far more need of an actual winger than a number 10. Especially if Griezmann is our top target.

ChaddyP

Why? James is the superior player but we're in far more need of an actual winger than a number 10. Especially if Griezmann is our top target.
Agreed. We have Mata, Mkhitaryan and lingard who are not traditional wide wingers they all want to cut inside and are more comparable to #10s just like James. Add Griezmann to that and there's no need for James . This lad actually stays out wide and can take on his full back and get a cross in and is great in the air. I didn't want him at first (actually realised I mixed him up with Srna) But I'm all for this signing.

Kearnkoff69

We're spot on with our valuation of him. He's a 25-30m player even in this inflated market, no reason why we can't bargain them down if he's really set on leaving.

notcool

Supports
a
Because Hamish is a lot better than Periscope.

engulfing

If we are really interested (which I have doubts) it's perisics last chance at a big move, so if he really wants to come we should tell him to put in a transfer request and go on strike. That should soften inter up to a reasonable price.

criticalanalysis

Having watched youtube, I've seen 10minutes more of him than you. He looks like a budget Bale from his last season with Spurs.
I've just seen a 5 min video now, which is 5 mins less than you and I will agree.

Powerful runner with a thunder of a left foot.

He the Crotian Matty Taylor/Lauren Robert/Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Cantona'sCollar

Amazed at how many people don't rate him. He's a very good player who was one of the best players of Euro 2016 (maybe the best player against Spain). I'm not saying we should pay 50m for him, but he is extremely fast, will add much-needed width, is left-footed, can play either side and is also productive. He's not a bad option.

Red_toad

Season's don't work in calendar years. He'll turn 29 during this season. We're splitting hairs really - my point is, he's quite old for a winger and relies on his pace to beat a man (not that he has a good record of beating a player too often in the first place).
Yes with your year ahead crystal ball, you know he'll lose all pace just like Robben and Giggs did once they hit 30.

But in the real world, it's 2017, this season, he was 27 and 28 during it. Next season he'll turn 29, toward the end of the season. You're obviously not very informed on the player at all and have no idea how he'll perform over the next 2 or 3 seasons. Oh and he's just turned 28, just so you can get your head around that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
and how many leagues did Mata won for us?

EPL titles are won because the team in question has a better system (or balance if you wish it) then the rest. Hence why SAF was able to win the league comfortably with a couple of old players backed by workhorses.

I am not a big fan of signing Perisic due to his age (its difficult to settle down in the EPL at age 28) and the fee asked. However I understand why Mou wants him. He's a top class traditional winger who'll give us width. We're too narrow at the moment
How many titles did Sanchez won at Arsenal, KdB at City?

Before this season Bale never won league title, Marco Reus won his first trophy last week and never won league title. It's not Mata who is holding us back.

JeffBoomTetris

I find it extremely funny & short-sighted when people say such and such player tore *insert national team here*.h

Perisic plays very well for Croatia. In the Euros, he was their best player vs Spain. So...? Memphis Depay also danced around Spain in a 2-0 friendly win. It means nothing, nil, nada. What matters or should matter is their club performances. And Perisic has shown that he is an average winger in Italy

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How many titles did Sanchez won at Arsenal, KdB at City?

Before this season Bale never won league title, Marco Reus won his first trophy last week and never won league title. It's not Mata who is holding us back.
Which leads us back to what I just said. A successful system wins clubs the title not individual talent. Perisic might not be world class (in my opinion neither is Mata but lets forget that one) but unlike Mata he fits Mou's system better.

GM K

If Mourinho can assemble an all-star squad, he will. He is the type of manager that wants the best players regardless of costs.

Griezmann is the type of player that you can see Mourinho salivating over while Perisic just doesnt seem to be it. Perisic has not done anything over the years to suggest Mourinho would pick him over willian, and for the kind of Money rumored, Conte will likely personally drive Willian over to the borough.

Like I said earlier, I will only believe this when an official bid is placed,.
I think Jose has a fairly balanced approach to the type of players he gets. Actually I would say that most of his signings are modestly successful players with big potential. Think about it a bit. Drogba, Essien, Sneijder, Ozil, Di Maria, Varane, Ferreira, Lopez, Carvalho, Lucio Willian, Zouma, Quaresma, Salah, etc. Yes, he also signs super stars too no doubt (Etoo, Zlatan, Pogba, Cesc, Costa) but he prefers to deal shrewdly in such situations. Zlatan was free and he had worked with him before. Barcelona wanted Etoo out and Zlatan Wanted to go to Barcelona so it was all perfect. Players like Schevi and Ballack were Abrahimovic's projects.

About Perisic, there are few players who fit in more into the Jose profile. Pacy, hard worker, determined, shoots, heads, scores, played in multiple leagues, tracks back, at his peak at 28, and plays for inter Milan.

I do agree with you that until confirmed, no point believing it will happen.

AgentP

I find it extremely funny & short-sighted when people say such and such player tore *insert national team here*.h

Perisic plays very well for Croatia. In the Euros, he was their best player vs Spain. So...? Memphis Depay also danced around Spain in a 2-0 friendly win. It means nothing, nil, nada. What matters or should matter is their club performances. And Perisic has shown that he is an average winger in Italy
I wouldn't call him average, he's better than that. But it is still a cause for worry because many wingers who flopped in the PL have done really well in Serie A. For example, Cuadrado and Saleh.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So how do you juxtapose your posted stats with:

'Btw, Perisic has 19 goals+assists this season, Hazard has 21 and Mane has 18. Mane played fewer mins but Perisic played fewer mins than Hazard.

Perisic - 11 goals + 8 assists in 2751 mins - 144 mins per goal+assist
Hazard - 16 goals (2 from penalties) + 5 assists in 2985 mins - 142 mins per goal+assist, 157 mins per G+A excluding penalties
Mane - 13 goals + 5 assists in 2242 mins - 124 mins per G+A
Willian - 8 goals + 2 assists in 1552 mins - 155 mins per G+A" - roonster09

?
A different league and a different team (ie a team which is in shambles and have changed ownership again). There are other arguments to bash Perisic upon but don't use Chelsea's reject to do so. Perisic fits Mou's team far more then Mata does

roonster09

Scout
Which leads us back to what I just said. A successful system wins clubs the title not individual talent. Perisic might not be world class (in my opinion neither is Mata but lets forget that one) but unlike Mata he fits Mou's system better.
Obviously, successful system with good players wins the league. I said many times in this thread that Perisic suits Jose's system as he offers width, that's not an issue but saying Mata is some average joe is just wrong.

OohAahMartial

ScoutNation just did a good compilationnof him. One thing thats clear to me is that he would put in impressive numbers in a better side than Inter--they waste so much of what he creates. And his dribbling is better than people say. Importantly he has end product, can score, and has good positioning. And clearly a Jose type winger which will be good for our system.

roonster09

Scout
A different league and a different team (ie a team which is in shambles and have changed ownership again). There are other arguments to bash Perisic upon but don't use Chelsea's reject to do so. Perisic fits Mou's team far more then Mata does
That post is not to bash Perisic, it's to support Perisic.

Status
Not open for further replies.