Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSSnake

We need our left side locked down. We can't depend on Martial but the season is long and hard so both will get plenty of game time. I'm all for this happening.

Lentwood

I said in the Martial thread that the guy was a flash in the pan and I got ridiculed. I still stand by my statement somewhat. He is a good player but I think last season he exceeded his potential. It's not outlandish to think that.
I don't think that Martial was a "flash in the pan" but I do worry about his ability to become a Jose player

As much as I continue to champion Martial's raw ability I tend to favour the realist side of my personality which says Jose knows how to build top sides and when it comes down to talent vs application in a Jose side application wins every time

cheeky_backheel

You probably forgot by now what it takes to compete on the highest level (not a trolling attempt, just don't know other way to phrase this).
Perisic is a better, more complete player then Mata, and probably twice the player in Mourinho's team.

At this point in time, United shouldn't care about money, but getting the right players to make the next step.
Seems the coaches at top clubs disagree with you
Mata - Valencia, Chelsea (€27m), ManUnited (€46m)
Perisic - Sochaux, Brugge (€200k), Dortmund (€6m), Wolfsburg (€8m), Inter (€19m)

Perisic has never competed at the highest level. He hasn't played in the CL since he left Dortmund in Jan 2013 while Mata has started CL games for both Chelsea and United.

Mata has played for bigger and better clubs and was almost a guaranteed starter for most of his career. The best club perisic ever played for was Dortmund and he couldnt nail down a starting shirt. In fact, before he was linked to United, I doubt most people knew who Perisic was.

Perisic is more physically gifted (taller, faster more physical etc) but when those physical attributes dont give him an advantage, then he becomes average to below average.

Football is 80% in the head and no amount of skill can fix faulty decision making. Mata is a far more intelligent player than Perisic. If Mata played for Inter, they would have qualified for Europa and Icardi would have been top scorer.

If we had a strong core and first IX assembled, then maybe I can see how Perisic fills a niche, but at the stage we are, I wont believe our genuine interest until we have lodged an actual offer. Whatever Mourinho could see in him, I am yet to get a glimpse of.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Seems the coaches at top clubs disagree with you
Mata - Valencia, Chelsea (€27m), ManUnited (€46m)
Perisic - Sochaux, Brugge (€200k), Dortmund (€6m), Wolfsburg (€8m), Inter (€19m)

Perisic has never competed at the highest level. He hasn't played in the CL since he left Dortmund in Jan 2013 while Mata has started CL games for both Chelsea and United.

Mata has played for bigger and better clubs and was almost a guaranteed starter for most of his career. The best club perisic ever played for was Dortmund and he couldnt nail down a starting shirt. In fact, before he was linked to United, I doubt most people knew who Perisic was.

Perisic is more physically gifted (taller, faster more physical etc) but when those physical attributes dont give him an advantage, then he becomes average to below average.

Football is 80% in the head and no amount of skill can fix faulty decision making. Mata is a far more intelligent player than Perisic. If Mata played for Inter, they would have qualified for Europa and Icardi would have been top scorer.

If we had a strong core and first IX assembled, then maybe I can see how Perisic fills a niche, but at the stage we are, I wont believe our genuine interest until we have lodged an actual offer. Whatever Mourinho could see in him, I am yet to get a glimpse of.
and how many leagues did Mata won for us?

EPL titles are won because the team in question has a better system (or balance if you wish it) then the rest. Hence why SAF was able to win the league comfortably with a couple of old players backed by workhorses.

I am not a big fan of signing Perisic due to his age (its difficult to settle down in the EPL at age 28) and the fee asked. However I understand why Mou wants him. He's a top class traditional winger who'll give us width. We're too narrow at the moment

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He was not able to nail down a place in the starting 11 of Dortmund and left the Bundesliga because of Bayern being too strong.
I have watched him a few times during his spell at Dortmund and Wolfsburg.
Not a bad player but anything above 30 Mio EUR sounds like bad business from our side.

NoPace

I've never known a forum that has such an issue with 27/28/29 year olds. Every single player in that age range is met with the same concerns regarding being too old.
It's a positional thing. A 28 year old DM or target man is fine for 3-5 years normally, but out wide you need pace.

What wingers over 30 have stayed healthy and produced at a top level in Europe the last 10 years apart from Cristiano and Messi? Robben and Ribery are still great but always hurt. I think you're better off being a year too early on a winger than a year too late.

It's not just age, either. Alexis Sanchez is 28, and if we were paying 60M for him instead of 45M for Perisic i'd be ecstatic. I just don't rate Perisic that highly. I'd rather see Martial given 40 starts out left a year until he improves the many weak spots in his game to go with his obvious elite strengths. I also think Mkhitaryan might be best here at LW and most of all, I think Pogba is our best outfield player and we should be building a dominant 3 man midfield around him and I don't think signing Perisic fits into that at all.

cheeky_backheel

and how many leagues did Mata won for us?

EPL titles are won because the team in question has a better system (or balance if you wish it) then the rest. Hence why SAF was able to win the league comfortably with a couple of old players backed by workhorses.

I am not a big fan of signing Perisic due to his age (its difficult to settle down in the EPL at age 28) and the fee asked. However I understand why Mou wants him. He's a top class traditional winger who'll give us width. We're too narrow at the moment
How many PL titles has Sanchez won for Arsenal?
How many titles has Griezmann won for Atletico?
How many league titles has De Bruyne won for City?

There are several wingers that can also give width, but will likely be younger, better and/or cheaper as well.

There is nothing special about Perisic that I have seen that warrants our interest in him, and to say he is a 'Mourinho player' or 'Mou wants him' is not enough justification. Mou also wanted Quaresma, and we all know how that worked out.

EyeInTheSky

Surely the Bravo signing is the perfect example for why not to sign him rather than the other way round.

The default defense of this signing seems to be "If Jose wants him, and with him being a world class manager who knows what he wants, then it must be a good thing"

Thats exactly what Pep did with Bravo. Sometimes even the best get it wrong, and it doesnt take a genius to see that.
I spat out my drink when I read the post you are replying to

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
He's a good addition as a squad player, not as an immediate starter. Specially because we don't have any player with his characteristics, and he would add variety to our attacking options. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed him and both Griezmann and Belotti, for instance. ;) Getting rid of Martial for him would be sheer madness, though.

redsunited

For some strange reason loads of posters are assuming Perisic as our LWB and some as our LB.

He had never played that role. It is like assuming(years before) Rooney would make a great midfielder because he is not just a striker and he is good at passing and defending.

Just because Valencia made it, doesn't mean all defensively strong wingers are going to make it as Wingbacks and Fullbacks. Ashley Young was just plain shit when he was used by LVG. Our whole team sucked badly when we played 3 at the back. Just because we won against Chelsea, drawn another and won another game by a goal, some fans are assuming 3 at the back as our best formation. Perisic could be torn in to pieces and could look like a clown in positioning as Buttner/Rojo in that role.

Currently he should be bought for his ability as a winger, not for LWB which is farfetched at this moment.

devilish

How many PL titles has Sanchez won for Arsenal?
How many titles has Griezmann won for Atletico?
How many league titles has De Bruyne won for City?

There are several wingers that can also give width, but will likely be younger, better and/or cheaper as well.

There is nothing special about Perisic that I have seen that warrants our interest in him, and to say he is a 'Mourinho player' or 'Mou wants him' is not enough justification. Mou also wanted Quaresma, and we all know how that worked out.
Hey you're the one speaking out of your arse by claiming that Mata would have dragged Inter to Europa league qualification etc. Perisic played 56 games this season (club and country), scoring 16 goals with 10 assists. Saying that he could do better is quite ridiculous since they are better stats then Mata and most of our players produced

Regarding managers making bad decisions, our legend spend 7m for some Championship level player with a funny name (Bebe)

Criticise Perisic for his age (ie no experience in the EPL at age 28) or the rumoured fee not his talent or stats.

Android1974

Except that Fellaini has essentially proved over the course of his United career that he isn't up to the required level. Therefore if Perisic turns out to be of a similar ilk it will be deeply disappointing and by extension people will be entirely justified if and when they do criticise his performances.
Fellaini was just voted Man of the Match by the fans here for the final we won, and people are still saying this? C…

devilish

Fellaini was just voted Man of the Match by the fans here for the final we won, and people are still saying this? C…
We played a mid epl table level club with a team made of kids. If fellaini couldnt do well against ajax then i wonder when he will

Ban

I was talking today to a friend, who is a journalist for a site called Telesport, very good sports site with some of the best writers and journos in Croatia.
He is from the town of Omiš, just like Perišić, in fact Perišić is his neighbor, not only that he had a fling with his sister in primary school. :D

I've send him a message after I read an article about Perišić as a player.

I will write the best bits. Will jump over the part about his childhood and his days in Sochaux and then in Brugge where he scored most goals in one season.
I'll start with difficulties at Dormund, without the part about gegenpressing and what is it:

Perišić was too often a foreign body on the ground, not perceiving what others perceived. In key situations he moved either too early or too late, he was far from the required game, and he tried to go solo in wide positions, where no counter-presing was possible because the lost ball was not close to anyone. For this reason, he gave the impression of a lazy and selfish player, someone who did not survive the game philosophy and tasks that were put before him. In addition, statements in the media in which Perišić expressed dissatisfaction with the status of the team led Klopp to fine Perišić as a first player Klopp has done that to.

Klopp immediately let him go, he did not have the will nor needed to wait for him to adapt. He brought Marcus Reus, and for Perišić he said he was a valuable player in making a surplus and that he would always be in the game, only when football could be played with 12 players. Our sophisticated media rushed to interpret it as a praise for Perišić's technical and physical capacities, which ultimately was partly true. In fact, it was never as questionable as he was a powerful soccer player in creating surplus. However, it was a questionable compulsory game, co-operation with teammates and the ability to be just part of the system. He had to learn to be a part of the system from which he would draw constantness and he would be able to improve his unpredictability.

Nevertheless, Perišić remembered very well the feeling of sitting on the bench. He also knew how good it was to score goals and carry a team. The episode in Borussia has taught him how small a difference is between one and the other. Klopp gave him a fairly cheap reminder, and numerous dinners with Ivica Olić in Wolfsburg awoke the need to adapt. After all, through training and matches with Olić, he got an example of how teamwork and teammate responsibility means more than talent. From a dead blower in the octane team of Borussia, he became a busy locomotive that wound a dead Wolfsburg team. Suddenly, Perišić went head where others would not walk. And literally, combining further in action with teammates.

Through the game in Wolfsburg and Inter it became obviously the most visible in the Croatian national team.

As a winger, Perisic does not create the difference through driblings that require technical supremacy. He simply pushes the ball and crosses the opponent, maximally effective. Ivan Perisic is not the creator who creates for himself and teammates in a situation when he's against a organized defense. He is an excellent player who is ready to take advantage of what his teammates offer inside the system. In fact, he is the exhaust valve of the attack and it works on an elite level. Even in questionable systems such as those in Inter and Wolfsburg, Perisic realizes the surpluses prepared by his teammates.

When playing for a team with creators such as Luka Modric, then his effectiveness jumps into the sky, whether it is playing as a classic wing weor attacking space as a secondary striker. Having a solid technique, fantastic speed, but first and foremost, wants to cooperate with teammates and play their system without having to play the ball and trying to show their individual quality.

The problem is, of course, the price. No system player is worth EUR 55 million, and such a figure is not a mitigating circumstance for neither the club nor Perisic, as the public will raise the ladder of expectations. It is not negligible that both Chelsea and United have great competition in their position, meaningless about the left wing position in United or the left wing and left-side position in Chelsea. Wherever he comes, he will not have an easy task to break into the starting line, despite the paid figures.

However, as he has already pointed out, Perišić is a player who is prepared to adapt to the underlying circumstances because he is capable of learning. With demonstrated sacrifice there is enough technical and physical capacity to be utilized in every team in the world. Perišić is no longer a player who has been penalized by Klopp, but there is a question as to how he can raise that team to a higher level, whether he can give the upgrade what it implies the compensation he will have to pay for him.

my apologies if some things sound odd, it's from google translate, I was too lazy to read the whole thing translated.

Also he said Ivan is definitely leaving Inter, 80 percent that's he's going to United, 15 to Chelsea, 5 to PSG.

He said that although Martial's Idontgiveafu.kness is pissing him off that he's still a better player. And although Ivan is a good player he won't solve any of United's problems. And United would do better if they would spend 80 mil on Griezmann and 50 mil on Veratti (if only).
Ivan is a kind of player Jose likes.

Take from it what you will, I mean especially the percentages. :)

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
He's a good addition as a squad player, not as an immediate starter. Specially because we don't have any player with his characteristics, and he would add variety to our attacking options. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed him and both Griezmann and Belotti, for instance. ;) Getting rid of Martial for him would be sheer madness, though.
You are overating our players if you think Perisic wont start for Utd on the wing.I would suggest you to see a actual game before commenting that he will only be a squad player.

Perisic is far far better then Lingard and Martial on the wing even Mikhitaryan has been subpar on the wing.Its time Utd have a actual winger in the team that will hug the touchline rather then keep coming in the middle.

automaticflare

I trust Jose and I think this kind of signing is exactly what we need.
Every winger we have cuts inside from right or left. This is one of the reasons we find it so hard to break teams down. The threat is the same or has been this season.
We need a winger to hug touchline and create space and stretch opposition instead of them having to simply defend the width of the 18 yard box.

He may not be a big name but from why I have seen of him which admittedly is not a whole lot that is exactly what he could provide down the left leaving space inside for others to thrive in also which gives the team another threat option.

Devil may care

I was talking today to a friend, who is a journalist for a site called Telesport, very good sports site with some of the best writers and journos in Croatia.
He is from the town of Omiš, just like Perišić, in fact Perišić is his neighbor, not only that he had a fling with his sister in primary school. :D

I've send him a message after I read an article about Perišić as a player.

I will write the best bits. Will jump over the part about his childhood and his days in Sochaux and then in Brugge where he scored most goals in one season.
I'll start with difficulties at Dormund, without the part about gegenpressing and what is it:

Perišić was too often a foreign body on the ground, not perceiving what others perceived. In key situations he moved either too early or too late, he was far from the required game, and he tried to go solo in wide positions, where no counter-presing was possible because the lost ball was not close to anyone. For this reason, he gave the impression of a lazy and selfish player, someone who did not survive the game philosophy and tasks that were put before him. In addition, statements in the media in which Perišić expressed dissatisfaction with the status of the team led Klopp to fine Perišić as a first player Klopp has done that to.

Klopp immediately let him go, he did not have the will nor needed to wait for him to adapt. He brought Marcus Reus, and for Perišić he said he was a valuable player in making a surplus and that he would always be in the game, only when football could be played with 12 players. Our sophisticated media rushed to interpret it as a praise for Perišić's technical and physical capacities, which ultimately was partly true. In fact, it was never as questionable as he was a powerful soccer player in creating surplus. However, it was a questionable compulsory game, co-operation with teammates and the ability to be just part of the system. He had to learn to be a part of the system from which he would draw constantness and he would be able to improve his unpredictability.

Nevertheless, Perišić remembered very well the feeling of sitting on the bench. He also knew how good it was to score goals and carry a team. The episode in Borussia has taught him how small a difference is between one and the other. Klopp gave him a fairly cheap reminder, and numerous dinners with Ivica Olić in Wolfsburg awoke the need to adapt. After all, through training and matches with Olić, he got an example of how teamwork and teammate responsibility means more than talent. From a dead blower in the octane team of Borussia, he became a busy locomotive that wound a dead Wolfsburg team. Suddenly, Perišić went head where others would not walk. And literally, combining further in action with teammates.

Through the game in Wolfsburg and Inter it became obviously the most visible in the Croatian national team.

As a winger, Perisic does not create the difference through driblings that require technical supremacy. He simply pushes the ball and crosses the opponent, maximally effective. Ivan Perisic is not the creator who creates for himself and teammates in a situation when he's against a organized defense. He is an excellent player who is ready to take advantage of what his teammates offer inside the system. In fact, he is the exhaust valve of the attack and it works on an elite level. Even in questionable systems such as those in Inter and Wolfsburg, Perisic realizes the surpluses prepared by his teammates.

When playing for a team with creators such as Luka Modric, then his effectiveness jumps into the sky, whether it is playing as a classic wing weor attacking space as a secondary striker. Having a solid technique, fantastic speed, but first and foremost, wants to cooperate with teammates and play their system without having to play the ball and trying to show their individual quality.

The problem is, of course, the price. No system player is worth EUR 55 million, and such a figure is not a mitigating circumstance for neither the club nor Perisic, as the public will raise the ladder of expectations. It is not negligible that both Chelsea and United have great competition in their position, meaningless about the left wing position in United or the left wing and left-side position in Chelsea. Wherever he comes, he will not have an easy task to break into the starting line, despite the paid figures.

However, as he has already pointed out, Perišić is a player who is prepared to adapt to the underlying circumstances because he is capable of learning. With demonstrated sacrifice there is enough technical and physical capacity to be utilized in every team in the world. Perišić is no longer a player who has been penalized by Klopp, but there is a question as to how he can raise that team to a higher level, whether he can give the upgrade what it implies the compensation he will have to pay for him.

my apologies if some things sound odd, it's from google translate, I was too lazy to read the whole thing translated.

Also he said Ivan is definitely leaving Inter, 80 percent that's he's going to United, 15 to Chelsea, 5 to PSG.

He said that although Martial's Idontgiveafu.kness is pissing him off that he's still a better player. And although Ivan is a good player he won't solve any of United's problems. And United would do better if they would spend 80 mil on Griezmann and 50 mil on Veratti (if only).
Ivan is a kind of player Jose likes.

Take from it what you will, I mean especially the percentages. :)
If he wont solve any of our problems I don't see what the point of him is, we all know he's Jose's type of player but that is part of the problem,, Jose was supposed to going to respect United's profile. I dunno, to me even the articles and comments being nice about him are fairly backhanded, kinda like being the only girl left in the club at closing time.

Not trying to start any fresh arguments. :) Just saying that if we were playing Blind/Darmain money for him as a tactical sqaud option I could see it, but even £30M is overpriced for what he is.

cheeky_backheel

Hey you're the one speaking out of your arse by claiming that Mata would have dragged Inter to Europa league qualification etc. Perisic played 56 games this season (club and country), scoring 16 goals with 10 assists. Saying that he could do better is quite ridiculous since they are better stats then Mata and most of our players produced

Regarding managers making bad decisions, our legend spend 7m for some Championship level player with a funny name (Bebe)

Criticise Perisic for his age (ie no experience in the EPL at age 28) or the rumoured fee not his talent or stats.
Perisic created only 2 chances per 90 mins while Mata creates 2.5 playing in a better league. Mata+ Icardi would have been enough to win at least an extra game which would have qualified Inter for EL.

Perisic played with one of the most clinical strikers in the world in Icardi and all he could get was 8 assists in a weaker league. Even Icardi himself, who is weak in every other aspect of his game except finishing had 24 goals and 8 assists. Candavera led Inter with 10 assists, and even he is an average player. Even players like Tello look good in the serie A.

If Perisic is so talented, why is it that no other club, not even in Serie A has been linked to him? Are all those clubs also blind?

I suspect Inter are simply marketing a player that they need to sell due to FFP so as to get as much money for him as possible. If we are truly interested, we should have at least put in a formal bid.

Ban

If he wont solve any of our problems I don't see what the point of him is, we all know he's Jose's type of player but that is part of the problem,, Jose was supposed to going to respect United's profile. I dunno, to me even the articles and comments being nice about him are fairly backhanded, kinda like being the only girl left in the club at closing time.

Not trying to start any fresh arguments. :) Just saying that if we were playing Blind/Darmain money for him as a tactical sqaud option I could see it, but even £30M is overpriced for what he is.
That's his opinion. I think he would be a good addition. For a good price of course. :) We're lacking a good, true winger, none of the players who played on the wing this year are in fact wingers.

As for backhanded compliments, I don't see it that way, but maybe you're right. He doesn't think he's a bad player or only decent, he thinks his transfer to United isn't the right one for him or for United.

ilovethisgameahahah

Will be interesting to see which winger Mourinho demotes to a squad role or even sells this Summer.
  • Mkhi has had an abysmal league campaign only made forgettable by scoring some important goals in Europe for us
  • Mata seems to have gained Mourinho's appreciation, even getting a start in the most important game of our season with next to no match fitness but his weaknesses are some of the things that Jose hates the most in an attacking player
  • Martial has put up some of the best numbers out of the lot of them but looks a shadow of his former self and Jose doesn't seem to rate him. If he leaves then it's 100% nailed on that he will be put on a list with KDB and Lukaku in a year or two
  • Lingard is a good player to have in the squad

• Rashford is probably the only player out of the lot of them without much to worry about, Mourinho loves him.
Perisic is a decent winger but it's hard to say that he offers a massive improvement on our other options. Feel like a Lemar or a Forsberg would be a much bigger boost to our starting 11 but hopefully it's because Mourinho wants to sign someone a bit older with our younger lads in mind, although i doubt it taking Mourinho's hate for rotation into consideration.

I hope Mourinho still want's to build an attacking side with us and not turn us into his Chelsea or Inter clone, it felt a bit like he reverted back to his old tactics a few months ago and the players that we are linked with suggest that he wants to build a defensive team.

Android1974

Will be interesting to see which winger Mourinho demotes to a squad role or even sells this Summer.
  • Mkhi has had an abysmal league campaign only made forgettable by scoring some important goals in Europe for us
  • Mata seems to have gained Mourinho's appreciation, even getting a start in the most important game of our campaign with next to no match fitness but his weaknesses are some of the things that Jose hates the most in an attacking player
  • Martial has put up some of the best numbers out of the lot of them but looks a shadow of his former self and Jose doesn't seem to rate him. If he leaves then it's 100% nailed on that he will be put on a list with KDB and Lukaku in a year or two
  • Lingard is a good player to have in the squad

• Rashford is probably the only player out of the lot of them without much to worry about, Mourinho loves him.
Perisic is a decent winger but it's hard to say that he offers a massive improvement on our other options. Feel like a Lemar or a Forsberg would be a much bigger boost to our starting 11 but hopefully it's because Mourinho wants to sign someone a bit older with our younger lads in mind, although i doubt it taking Mourinho's hate for rotation into consideration.
The thing is we didn't had really starters and bench players on the wings this year. Everyone of them had a point in which they were playing regularly. Even in the final, not many were dead sure Mata would start instead of Lingard. That didn't happen just because no one was perfect, but also due to the number of games. I'm not seeing Mourinho going back to his old ways of playing just his 13-14 preferred players. If I had to say, I would guess Mata and Mkhitaryan would have a chance early in the season to establish themselves in the starting lineup. Also, since I see us switching to 4-4-2, specially if Griezmann comes, Martial will probably be more of an option as Rashford's sub upfront.

devilish

Perisic created only 2 chances per 90 mins while Mata creates 2.5 playing in a better league. Mata+ Icardi would have been enough to win at least an extra game which would have qualified Inter for EL.

Perisic played with one of the most clinical strikers in the world in Icardi and all he could get was 8 assists in a weaker league. Even Icardi himself, who is weak in every other aspect of his game except finishing had 24 goals and 8 assists. Candavera led Inter with 10 assists, and even he is an average player. Even players like Tello look good in the serie A.

If Perisic is so talented, why is it that no other club, not even in Serie A has been linked to him? Are all those clubs also blind?

I suspect Inter are simply marketing a player that they need to sell due to FFP so as to get as much money for him as possible. If we are truly interested, we should have at least put in a formal bid.
Ask any inter fan whose the best player between ibra and icardi and youll be surprised. Inter has many problems but perisic is not one

Devil may care

That's his opinion. I think he would be a good addition. For a good price of course. :) We're lacking a good, true winger, none of the players who played on the wing this year are in fact wingers.

As for backhanded compliments, I don't see it that way, but maybe you're right. He doesn't think he's a bad player or only decent, he thinks his transfer to United isn't the right one for him or for United.
I agree that we are lacking a good winger as an option due to Pogba, and the part about him thriving with Mordic, something seen the Euros where he was better than in any Inter game I've seen him play, could possibly be replicated to some degree with Paul.

When I say backhanded compliments it's like every line saying something good seems to have a caveat, it's interesting that he doesn't think he's a good fit for United but is for Jose, does he feel there is a conflicting interest between how United should be and how Jose wants a team to be?

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
I hope Mourinho still want's to build an attacking side with us and not turn us into his Chelsea or Inter clone, it felt a bit like he reverted back to his old tactics a few months ago and the players that we are linked with suggest that he wants to build a defensive team.
Wishful thinking mate, Mourinho's way has brought him success at every club he has managed and in every league. Why is he going to change now? Irrespective of his claims to respect our traditions, when the chips were down at the end of the season (suspensions, injuries, fixture pile-up) he simply reverted to type and got the job done the best way he knows how. Attacking or defensive? Mourinho is only interested in building a winning team.

Chelsea played great attacking football in the first half of his penultimate season, but as soon as they started to concede, it was back to basics and get the job done. I don't think he is against attacking football, but i cannot see him going out of his way to produce it. Winning titles is his goal, and if he could do it with attacking flair, im sure he would. But he knows very few attacking teams win as often as the defensive minded counter attacking sides, and therefore i don't believe he will place much emphasis on establishing a new attacking philosophy over his tried, trusted and extremely successful winning formula. Who knows, we might be ripping it up for most of next season, but come the business end, even while we may hope for more, we should already know how he'll prepare the team to get the job done.

cheeky_backheel

Ask any inter fan whose the best player between ibra and icardi and youll be surprised. Inter has many problems but perisic is not one
Ibra is better than Icardi not cos Ibra is clinical. Icardi is more clinical than Zlatan, in fact that is Icardi's best attribute.

Inter is a poor team that sacked two coaches in one season, but that does not make Perisic a super star.

GM K

Feels like we're going to be seeing the 6 at the back a lot more often next season.
So how do you juxtapose your posted stats with:

'Btw, Perisic has 19 goals+assists this season, Hazard has 21 and Mane has 18. Mane played fewer mins but Perisic played fewer mins than Hazard.

Perisic - 11 goals + 8 assists in 2751 mins - 144 mins per goal+assist
Hazard - 16 goals (2 from penalties) + 5 assists in 2985 mins - 142 mins per goal+assist, 157 mins per G+A excluding penalties
Mane - 13 goals + 5 assists in 2242 mins - 124 mins per G+A
Willian - 8 goals + 2 assists in 1552 mins - 155 mins per G+A" - roonster09

?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a quick winger who's very 2 footed, works hard and seems to shoot well and crosses from the byline, what's not to like?

We've needed a winger to stretch the play like that especially at home.

Obviously he's no Neymar or robben but there's a lack of real quality wide players right now, the fee is more the issue. If we got him for 15/20 then it would be a no brainer. I can see why Jose is interested though.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
He's a decent player but if Inter want more than £30m for him they can kiss my hairy bunghole.

Status
Not open for further replies.