Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko21

It's a somewhat lazy comparison and admittedly I am not some expert on Perisic, but could he be similar to what Pandev provided at Inter under Mourinho?
Mourinho took Pandev on a free. He ticked the box for both work ethic and his selfless nature. He served a purposed for Mourinho - particularly in the CL final.

Easy to understand why Mourinho would want someone like Perisic.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Right when we're trying to negotiate a better fee for him he goes and has a stormer, feck sake! Was pretty underwhelmed when I first starting reading this but screw it, if this is who Jose wants then so be it. I'd be shocked if we don't get him, hope we don't end up agreeing to match their huge valuation though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Napoli isnt inferior or equal to Lyon either.
They have their good days but they aren't all that which is translated in their league position like Roma. With everyone at full strength, I would bet on Monaco, Nice and PSG to beat anyone home and away in Serie at the exception of Juventus.

izec

We should just leak our interest to other Italian wingers or James, Inter will be happy to come crawling back to us.

JPRouve

Scout
Roma and Napoli are better than Lyon. Not sure about the rest.
I don't think they are, we actually saw Lyon against Juventus and Roma this year, they aren't far from them and Lyon were dreadful this year.

Jacko21

Right when we're trying to negotiate a better fee for him he goes and has a stormer, feck sake! Was pretty underwhelmed when I first starting reading this but screw it, if this is who Jose wants then so be it. I'd be shocked if we don't get him, hope we don't end up agreeing to match their huge valuation though.
Yeah, but to be fair, Inter aren't going to start negotiations with Woodward by saying; "did you not see how Perisic played against Udinese? He had a stormer!"

Doesn't really work like that. :)

Castia

He looks alright, it's the age that puts me off. It's a lot of money with no resell value.

He seems like one of those wingers that get 1 in 5 dribbles right as well, almost Nani like.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Seriously, they have one better team in Juventus, a pretty good team but the rest are inferior or equal to Lyon.
Napoli and Roma are better than Lyon.

Next year, with foreign investment, hopefully Milan and Inter will be better too

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Exactly, Juve are an excellent team and miles ahead of everyone else in their league, they are not an indicator of the league's quality.
They finished 4 points ahead of Roma... and 5 ahead of Napoli. They're definitely not miles ahead.

Serie A is better than Ligue 1 when it comes to the general quality of the teams. The quality of the players usually doesn't translate as well into the Premier League though.

AgentP

I don't think they are, we actually saw Lyon against Juventus and Roma this year, they aren't far from them and Lyon were dreadful this year.
Roma went out from Lyon in Europa League. They are at least on the same level.
Roma got spanked real hard in EL by Lyon
Totally forgot about that. I guess they are at similar levels. But Roma and Napoli have 87 and 86 points respectively in the league but Lyon have only 67. I don't know what exactly to make out of this. Maybe these teams are more consistent over an entire season or Serie A teams are crap. I think it's the former.

Devil may care

They finished 4 points ahead of Roma... and 5 ahead of Napoli. They're definitely not miles ahead.

Serie A is better than Ligue 1 when it comes to the general quality of the teams. The quality of the players usually doesn't translate as well into the Premier League though.
They've won the league 6 seasons in a row, they are by far the best team and it's not even close in terms of quality.

JPRouve

Scout
Totally forgot about that. I guess they are at similar levels. But Roma and Napoli have 87 and 86 points respectively in the league but Lyon have only 67. I don't know what exactly to make out of this. Maybe these teams are more consistent over an entire season or Serie A teams are crap. I think it's the former.
That's the point Lyon aren't the second best team in the league above them you have PSG, Monaco and Nice just behind Lyon you have Bordeaux and Marseille who made huge strides.

AgentP

He looks alright, it's the age that puts me off. It's a lot of money with no resell value.

He seems like one of those wingers that get 1 in 5 dribbles right as well, almost Nani like.
He looks to be really fit and in good shape. So his resale value might fall but his pace and other physical qualities will last for another 3-4 years atleast so we won't be stuck with a player who suddenly declines, IMO.

Bole Top

Roma got spanked real hard in EL by Lyon
and Lyon got spanked by Ajax who finished behind Feyenoord in their own league.

which means: Roma is stronger than Napoli, Lyon is stronger than both of them because they're stronger than Roma, and Ajax is stronger than all three of them because they are stronger than Lyon. they are all weaker than Feyenoord though, because Feyenoord is stronger than Ajax. would you agree with that?

Nick7

He's definitely the best football player I've ever seen play today.

To be fair, all I've seen today is the League 2 playoffs and those gifs, but he's definitely the best of the lot.

JPRouve

Scout

which means: Roma is stronger than Napoli, Lyon is stronger than both of them because they're stronger than Roma, and Ajax is stronger than all three of them because they are stronger than Lyon. they are all weaker than Feyenoord though, because Feyenoord is stronger than Ajax. would you agree with that?
I'm fine with that.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Have no objection.

Devil may care

Yes, it is. Not even Juve fans will tell you they're miles better than Roma or Napoli this season.
They aren't, Juve are in the CL final, have won the Coppa Italia and the league while Roma and Napoli have done nothing but trail behind like Spurs in our league.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Roma played with Lyon and lost and Ajax were pretty lucky to win against them

Status
Not open for further replies.