Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saf94

Because he is the player that would make the difference against Real.
Well yeah... Rashford isn't a winger and we have no one in the team that can cross despite being extremeley powerful in the air and getting a lot of joy from that route. If Perisic put in those crosses and not Rashford we could've nicked the equaliser

A bit stupid tbh to have all these tall players and no one in the team who can cross

Red_toad

A full back providing width is not the same as a winger who stays wide. Perisic offers us the latter and that can help us by forcing an opposition full back wide and creating gaps between them and their CBs for our talented players to exploit. If that's the plan then having a right sided winger also could work. None of know what exactly is Jose thinking but it does no harm to discuss different hypothesis. Only if you stopped being a condescending asshole.
Yes whatever dude, as I already said no point debating with someone who has an opinion and can't see when they're wrong.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There were plenty of times I thought today we could use someone like him. Get this done.

DocRockter

If Ashley Young isn't playing, we need a winger who can actually put in a few decent crosses.. He's that guy...

stevoc

If we aren't getting this guy then we need to quickly identify another good winger and get them signed. We can't go into the season with the same wide options from last year. After a new striker i thought a winger was our biggest priority.

legball

One of those players who will do well (as long as he tracks back and crosses the ball a lot), but won't help us bridge the gulf in class with the top teams.

sully1

After seeing Matic tonight i feel like Perisic would fit seamlessly into this United team and actually have someone in the team that can put a good ball in the box.

Seeing Mikhi on the wings especially in the big games kills me, he's never in the game and keeps loosing the ball in our own half trying because of the press.

MassiveMorgan

I keep thinking he's not worth the money and then Kyle Walker is mentioned. Pay up, he's worth a Kyle Walker at least

TheForgottenOne

If we could sign an attacking minded, and dependable LB, we could go a long way in resolving our problems.
Darmian offers nothing from an attacking sense, and Shaw is injury prone and defensively suspect a lot of times.
That for being is one of our biggest problems, Perisic or not.
Huge error in not signing Ricardo Rodriguez as soon as the market opened. Now snapped up by Milan and already scored and assisted for them in pre-season. Has a good cross, a good offensive drive and knows how the swing in set pieces. Something that we lack, which became painfully visable yesterday. If we would have made Blind available to de Boer at Crystal Palace, I think it's likely we would have only had to add a bit extra cash and we would have gotten a younger left back that actually has the quality and talent to become our left back for years to come.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Huge error in not signing Ricardo Rodriguez as soon as the market opened. Now snapped up by Milan and already scored and assisted for them in pre-season. Has a good cross, a good offensive drive and knows how the swing in set pieces. Something that we lack, which became painfully visable yesterday. If we would have made Blind available to de Boer at Crystal Palace, I think it's likely we would have only had to add a bit extra cash and we would have gotten a younger left back that actually has the quality and talent to become our left back for years to come.
His form over the last few years hasn't been great so I can see why we didn't bother.

Mendy was hardly on anyone's lips last season, so let's hope we can sign a player like that next Summer that suddenly steps up.

barmyarmy

Well yeah... Rashford isn't a winger and we have no one in the team that can cross despite being extremeley powerful in the air and getting a lot of joy from that route. If Perisic put in those crosses and not Rashford we could've nicked the equaliser

A bit stupid tbh to have all these tall players and no one in the team who can cross
Completely agree and he would have played lingard's position much better than him.

TheForgottenOne

His form over the last few years hasn't been great so I can see why we didn't bother.
Mendy was hardly on anyone's lips last season, so let's hope we can sign a player like that next Summer that suddenly steps up.
He had some injury problems in 15/16. Last year he got played at the center alot, which ofcourse is not his best position. Performed much better in the games he started from the left, and performed very well as a left back at the Euro's for Switserland. I am certain that his performance this season at Milan will show we missed out.

Unfortunately, we are currently better in paying top dollar for players who just had their best season, like Depay, Schneiderlin, Mkhitaryan. Perisic also just had his best season ever, but has had his fair share of mediocre seasons in the past as well. In that regards, we can say our scouting is severely lacking. To much 'oh, he is doing good and plays at the position we need, let's just buy him' for my blood.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Our wide play bar Rashford and Valencia is lacking, I think a good crosser on the left will add another dimension to our game when cutting inside isn't working moreover we need someone who can beat the first man.

Robertd0803

Id imagine we will be back in for him now again that the pursuit of Bale has proved fruitless.

Icemav

I feel like this will get done now.
We should absolutely!

Success or failure I dont know. But if we go into next season without signing an experienced traditional winger then I am worried. Very worried. Mou probably will be too.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Bale is overrated and prone to injury whilst Perisic is what we need right now.

AndyJ1985

The experts on here said we shouldn't sign an over the hill Chelsea reject with no resale value, but he looks like a decent buy. So I'll trust Jose on Perisic and say I hope we get him.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Will it ever happen? Already feels like Sneijder saga... We're in need of wing reinforcements.

Mr Smith

Someone will come in it seems. Remains to be seen wether that be Perisic or another player.
I fail to see any genuine alternatives to Perisic, either in players we've been linked to or even just players that are available. I unfortunately think it is Perisic or bust this year.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I fail to see any genuine alternatives to Perisic, either in players we've been linked to or even just players that are available. I unfortunately think it is Perisic or bust this year.
I would be very happy if we got Perisic, would be a good addition to our team.

Wisdom

Supports
football fan
Bale is overrated and prone to injury whilst Perisic is what we need right now.
I have honestly never understood the Bale naysayers. Dude is a freaking beast and a 3-time Champions league winner and have been a starter for 4 seasons for the best team in the world except his latest injury. His a powerhouse and one you can count on to put them goals inside and if not to cause havoc on any defense in the world. He just has that energy and will to run at defense and is constantly a threat. Also the best PL player for two seasons for couple of years ago when he was playing there..

His alot better then Perisic whos only a classical winger while Bale has more to his game because his a winger, striker, box to box and can defend since he was originally a right back plus his more aggressive and more lethal up front and no nonsense with directness in his game bc if he can't find any open players he will attempt to take on the entire defense and go alone to score and if you give him a slight space he will run into goal and smash it in. He can decide games by himself and his also black belt in headers and can jump over any defenders alive.. Bale can run through defense by himself with intend to go all the way or just power through headers all night long. His just the package of a classical talisman

Last edited:

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Agree with most here that he would have helped us against Real.
If Mourinho keeps the opinion that Martial should not play as LW please get this guy now.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We saw what a difference someone direct made in the second half with Rashford. Martial can be great things when on form and Perisic or someone like that would help even more. We have wasted the last 3 years (and more in the transfer market atleast). The club need to be more aggressive in the market. It don't matter if you pay a bit more - short term hits for longer term gains. If we don't buy him or someone like him this summer, we probably will need to next summer. What is the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.