Ivan Perisic

Johan Jovo

He had a real stinker yesterday up until his goal, but after that he led the charge and was one of the players who turned the game around. You could see the fire in his eyes after he scored, I remember how he screamed at the ball boy to give him the ball quickly.

After that performance Jose must have been on the phone the second the game ended. He was everything he wants in a player. Worked until he was ready to drop and from half time looked dangerous every time he got on the ball.

Craig Ward

Funny how people's opinions change.

Perisic has always been a good player and under rated somewhat.

He has real quality and the work ethic to match.

I wonder how many fickle utd fans would swap him for Sanchez now?

When we were in for him, the hate was intense. He'd have been a quality addition and people couldn't see it. I don't think we'll be back in for him, but his work rate and determination would make our front line so much better

fallengt

His first half performance was basically summed up his performance in the knockout stage. Ineffective, he was the one of the reasons Croatia could not finish the match in 90 minutes for 3 straight matches, so many good chances wasted.

He redeemed himself in the second half but I wouldn't count on it every matches. He's a workhorse, I'd like to have someone like Perisic in the team but not for 50m pound.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I saw on wikipedia that he's the proud winner of the Coupe Gambardella. Not exactly sure what that is, but it sounds pretty good.
It's the national U19 French cup.

He spent 2 years at the Sochaux academy but never made it to the first team and really kickstarted his pro career in Belgium.

Sambob

I thought Perisic dragged his team along by the bootstraps last night, and its down to players like him that Croatia are this far in the tournament. He sensed that England were shrinking out of the game and he forced the issue and it really felt like he inspired his team who before his equaliser had looked very afraid of us. To me thats the very definition of a game changer.

Stacks

He is an inconsistent limited winger who frequently fades in a league season. Every time he scores or assists, fanboys will claim "the one who got away". he hasn't even got a high rating for his overall world cup tournament, but like Willian, if he plays a good game or 2, he is then the ideal United player. Its actually the opposite. we have plenty of fading players who perform here and there. we need better.

Laurentiu amt

I thought Perisic dragged his team along by the bootstraps last night, and its down to players like him that Croatia are this far in the tournament. He sensed that England were shrinking out of the game and he forced the issue and it really felt like he inspired his team who before his equaliser had looked very afraid of us. To me thats the very definition of a game changer.
The guy is top notch. You could see he was using his brain quite well, switching from left to right at times, even going in the CF position and trying to get to the good end of a cross.

What really impresses me is his ability to put a great cross in and do it with both feet.

Sad he/s 29 years old, 99% of users on this forum will say he's too old.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Trizy

He'd be much better for us and offer more going forward than Sanchez. Probably a 5th of the wages too.

That's not a knee jerk either, he's direct and would service Lukaku. Wide man out the left would suit this current United more than an inside forward.

Sambob

He would certainly give us a different style of play than we have at the moment, an option off the bench or a way to adapt to an opponents play style. Often we get teams set up pretty heavily defensively against us, and if we could reliably get crosses in to lukaku and mop head then it means that teams would have to think twice. We have a tendancy to play through the middle a lot and it can be predictable, but I think somebody like Perisic could give us another dimension.

JoaquinJoaquin

Good post. Totally agree.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He'd be much better for us and offer more going forward than Sanchez. Probably a 5th of the wages too.

That's not a knee jerk either, he's direct and would service Lukaku. Wide man out the left would suit this current United more than an inside forward.
It is knee jerk because if Sanchez gets back to his Arsenal form (which it's far too early to say he wont) he's more of a match winner than anyone in the side

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He would certainly give us a different style of play than we have at the moment, an option off the bench or a way to adapt to an opponents play style. Often we get teams set up pretty heavily defensively against us, and if we could reliably get crosses in to lukaku and mop head then it means that teams would have to think twice. We have a tendancy to play through the middle a lot and it can be predictable, but I think somebody like Perisic could give us another dimension.
Lukaku seems to do fine playing for Belgium with playing with inside forward types like Hazard and Mertens.

Trizy

It is knee jerk because if Sanchez gets back to his Arsenal form (which it's far too early to say he wont) he's more of a match winner than anyone in the side
I hope i'm wrong but what I've seen from Sanchez so far is a Rooney type decline.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Was actually wank yesterday up until his goal and up until England completely melted in the 2nd half.

Still a good player though and always has been. Two-footed, physical, works hard and has added end product to his game.

Sambob

Lukaku seems to do fine playing for Belgium with playing with inside forward types like Hazard and Mertens.
I dunno if its just the morning after we got knocked out syndrome, but I dont look back too fondly on Lukaku's tournament. He was a battering ram at times, and a good foil for Hazard, but he was certainly not at his best, and went a bit missing against France.

charlenefan

Was actually wank yesterday up until his goal and up until England completely melted in the 2nd half.

Still a good player though and always has been. Two-footed, physical, works hard and has added end product to his game.
He was played out of position first half, he's clearly another one who plays better from the left

RyRoc

He's simple but very, very effective. He basically has two moves either cut on to his right foot or do a couple of step overs and go down the line with his left but he does each one enough times to mean the full-back is never sure of which one he will do. When the game is stretched you always feel he can make the difference.

redIndianDevil

so tiresome, Perisic has a good game, some people are out in full force telling how amazing he is, he has an average one suddenly they disappear.

He is decent and an inconsistent winger, he wouldn't have changed a thing for us.

zing

Zingle balls
Played well yesterday in the back half butthe kind of player who'll further entrench united playing tumescent shit. United need a different type of player.

charlenefan

so tiresome, Perisic has a good game, some people are out in full force telling how amazing he is, he has an average one suddenly they disappear.

He is decent and an inconsistent winger, he wouldn't have changed a thing for us.
He most certainly would have, the question is whether his output would have been more valuable than that we got from Rashford, Martial and later Sanchez.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not an outstanding player, but his agressive personality makes him look better than he really is.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

It's obvious you never watched him play with your first post on Perisic, when you refuted that Perisic is hard working winger (using some Dortmund or Bayern fans opinion) it was very obvious.

He isn't average, also he isn't someone who is like "Must buy" player. He is good winger who has superb pace and has superb work rate. On top of that he offers goal threat from wide position and as two footed players as they come.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's a fairly basic winger but he does everything very well. For me he was Croatia's best player yesterday. I can see why Jose liked him so much.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
After that performance Jose must have been on the phone the second the game ended. He was everything he wants in a player. Worked until he was ready to drop and from half time looked dangerous every time he got on the ball.
Jose desperately tried to buy him last season, but our board said, "no".
Also, we are now stacked in the LW area. Martial. Sanchez. Rashford.

redIndianDevil

He most certainly would have, the question is whether his output would have been more valuable than that we got from Rashford, Martial and later Sanchez.
That's what I mean by he wouldn't have changed a thing for us, he got 10 goals and 10 assists for Inter, Martial got about the same while playing for only half a season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's a fairly basic winger but he does everything very well. For me he was Croatia's best player yesterday. I can see why Jose liked him so much.
If he was right winger, would have been awesome. Now it doesnt make any sense to buy him.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

He had a good season for Inter.
The good game he had yesterday was not a one-off.

charlenefan

That's what I mean by he wouldn't have changed a thing for us, he got 10 goals and 10 assists for Inter, Martial got about the same while playing for only half a season.
You dont know that though, you can only speculate

Stacks

It's obvious you never watched him play with your first post on Perisic, when you refuted that Perisic is hard working winger (using some Dortmund or Bayern fans opinion) it was very obvious.

He isn't average, also he isn't someone who is like "Must buy" player. He is good winger who has superb pace and has superb work rate. On top of that he offers goal threat from wide position and as two footed players as they come.
The most measured response so far.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Lot of premature obituaries for Alexis Sanchez in this thread.

Laurentiu amt

I dunno if its just the morning after we got knocked out syndrome, but I dont look back too fondly on Lukaku's tournament. He was a battering ram at times, and a good foil for Hazard, but he was certainly not at his best, and went a bit missing against France.
Romelu is the type of striker that needs service or needs the inside forwards to make runs for him to drag defenders.
If that doesn't work for him, he usually plays more from the left. If this fails he's kind of shot on the field.

In the game against France he didn't receive much service and Mertens&Hazard didn't have the best of games, even KDB had a bit of a stinker.
Forwards like him need a certain team setup and rely a lot on players around them to understand how to play.

Play Lukaku in Ancelotti's counter attacking RM setup and he'll bang 30-40 a season easily. He just needs a team build around him imo.