Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It surely can't be a coincidence that he's been at two clubs now who have dominated their respective league despite starting as an outsider, got to a CL final with each (winning with Liverpool) but then hitting a massive drop 4-5 years into the job. He builds a drilled and intense pattern of play but it squeezes every ounce of energy out of players, physically and mentally.
Yeah. I thought this might happen. He relies massively on motivational qualities, but that’s so difficult to sustain, and it takes something very special to pull it back, or rebuild it with new players once it starts to wane. It happened with Pep at barca too and he admitted it and left.

edcunited1878

Interviewer: Jurgen, do you believe you've gotten enough lemons today to make lemonade? Seems a few were not ripe enough today.

Klopp: Have you ever made lemonade and been the best at it? You try it!

Interviewer: I have tried lemons and they are quite bitter. You would know that, no?

Klopp: I don't understand you!

always_hoping

Liverpool and Klopp will be going all out to win the Champions league now.

Yes most will look at their league form and say no chance but Liverpool was less than great in the Premier league in 2005, 2007, 2018 and went on to reach the Champions league final each year.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Yes most will look at their league form and say no chance but Liverpool was less than great in the Premier league in 2005, 2007, 2018 and went on to reach the Champions league final each year.
Of course, but it's not something you can plan for, especially so early in the knock out rounds.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Yep - they're to be taken cauitiously, as we all remember 2005.
But hopefully they won't be able to turn it on like that.

el3mel

No way they win it with such defense.

el3mel

There's no worse title defense than Chelsea 2015 when Mourinho was sacked. :lol: They fought relegation during the first half of season and after changing managers barely managed to make it to 10th.

Moyes one is probably second in the list.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
There's no worse title defense than Chelsea 2015 when Mourinho was sacked. :lol: They fought relegation during the first half of season and after changing managers barely managed to make it to 10th.

Moyes one is probably second in the list.
Blackburn in 95/96 was pretty bad too.

Zen86

Are they still one of the greatest teams to ever grace the PL? One title and they’re back to bending over.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I don't understand why they brought in 2 defenders, but refuse to play them.

Surely, with 2 actual defenders in defence and the 2 midfielders currently in defence in midfield, they must be able to do better? Why did he buy them if he doesn't trust them to do a job?

Or am I missing something? I didn't see any of the game.

Womp

idiot
I don't understand why they brought in 2 defenders, but refuse to play them.

Surely, with 2 actual defenders in defence and the 2 midfielders currently in defence in midfield, they must be able to do better? Why did he buy them if he doesn't trust them to do a job?

Or am I missing something? I didn't see any of the game.
TBF, they're both kids, one from the championship and the other from one of the worst defences in Europe. Throwing them on when they first came in wouldn't have made sense, it would have made even less sense to throw them in against a City side that is slapping everyone

They'll get some games moving forward. I don't particularly rate either of them that highly though, both will be forgotten once their actual defenders return imo

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
TBF, they're both kids, one from the championship and the other from one of the worst defences in Europe. Throwing them on when they first came in wouldn't have made sense, it would have made even less sense to throw them in against a City side that is slapping everyone

They'll get some games moving forward. I don't particularly rate either of them that highly though, both will be forgotten once their actual defenders return imo
So, I ask again, why buy 2 defenders neither of which you trust?

Steve Bruce

Ben Davies is 25. That isn't a kid, he's also match sharp albeit in the championship. Surely with games coming in thick & fast, you need him to play. They're not going to have too many training sessions because theirs a game every few days

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Ben Davies is 25. It was a total panic signing. He probably wont ever play for them and be moved on in the summer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It surely can't be a coincidence that he's been at two clubs now who have dominated their respective league despite starting as an outsider, got to a CL final with each (winning with Liverpool) but then hitting a massive drop 4-5 years into the job. He builds a drilled and intense pattern of play but it squeezes every ounce of energy out of players, physically and mentally.
It's not a coincidence and it's not a particularity either. Managers rarely have more than 3-4 years of sustained top level success with the same core of players or even club. The exceptions are all time greats like SAF and to be honest I don't even have an obvious name outside of him.

Real Name

Roy tells it as it is. He knows all about winning back to back titles.

Did Klopp really say Allison had cold feet? :lol:

Last edited:

dasty

Even though the best CB in the world is injured, they still had the best GK in the world, the best RB and LB in the world, the best DM in the world albeit playing as CB, the most marvellous midfielder in the world who hits the ball oh ever so differently than other mere mortals, as well as the most feared attacking trident in the world. With so many best players in the world, how are they struggling so much?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Even though the best CB in the world is injured, they still had the best GK in the world, the best RB and LB in the world, the best DM in the world albeit playing as CB, the most marvellous midfielder in the world who hits the ball oh ever so differently than other mere mortals, as well as the most feared attacking trident in the world. With so many best players in the world, how are they struggling so much?
They also signed the best CM in the world in Thiago

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Not a mentality giant after all. It’s all about perspective. City had a break, Villa had their season disrupted. Liverpool are struggling without their best players, other players are stepping up for City in the absence of De Bruyne and Aguero.

He’s always the victim now. Balance is restored.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
:D

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
3 losses in a row at home and no wins in last 5 league games at Anfield. Unreal change from how how good they were at home in last 2-3 years.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Well it hasn’t been a good year for Klopp. We haven’t been the same since covid hit and if we never would have gotten Jota in at the beginning of the season it could be worse. All that aside what an oppurtunity for lesser sides to have a shot at the title. I figure supporters of united must be rooting for Klopp this weekend against City since confidence is so high about winning the title.
Poor attempt at a wum. Don’t know how you’re still ha going around

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
3 losses in a row at home and no wins in last 5 league games at Anfield. Unreal change from how how good they were at home in last 2-3 years.
Home advantage is pretty much gone now though, no one is scared to play in an empty stadium. We still had the fear factor early on but once a few teams started to get results against us, most realized that you could really get something at Anfield (rightfully so). Of course it's also down to us simply playing really badly but I doubt this happens with a full crowd at Anfield.

Apparently first time in 205 league games that Klopp lost back-to-back. Mourinho is a distant second at 76 games.

This season is pretty much a write-off now. I just hope we can secure top 4 (asap), have a good run in the CL and then regroup with the focus on next year. City has successfully rebounded after a down season last year, I think we are capable of doing the same next season when Van Dijk is fully fit again (and hopefully reaches close to the same level as before his injury).