Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
I think looking back now, the 2019-2020 Liverpool season was absolute epic.

How I hate Liverpool I have never wrapped my mind around how good they were in that season.

It's incredible, they were 79 points after 27 games.

Fortunately, Covid took all the gas from them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

How I hate Liverpool I have never wrapped my mind around how good they were in that season.

Oh feck off. You’re a Liverpool fan so stop pretending you boring troll

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He's not wrong though. 79 points after 27 is phenomenal. Look at fecking City on 72 points. Why the feck aren't they doing it in the season Liverpool are shit? And Pep wonders why he's not given enough credit for the £billionth time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's not wrong though. 79 points after 27 is phenomenal. Look at fecking City on 72 points. Why the feck aren't they doing it in the season Liverpool are shit? And Pep wonders why he's not given enough credit for the £billionth time.
It’s an indication of the strength/weakness of the league and the competition between the title rivals who push each other. Ferguson would have found a way to match you both if he was still manager, instead he got his players doing enough to win, concentrating on rotating for other competitions and blooding youth where he could.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Worth noting that Liverpool are paying for it now. A numbers of players that should have years left are looking shadows of their former selves.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Worth noting that Liverpool are paying for it now. A numbers of players that should have years left are looking shadows of their former selves.
We are hugely paying for it as we could afford big money individual first teamers but not biggish salary squad players (we had to let Mane go when he wanted more money). And just to keep the comparison going Pep has had PL winner Mahrez on his bench for nearly £300k a week as his backup's backup for half a decade.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We are hugely paying for it as we could afford big money individual first teamers but not biggish salary squad players (we had to let Mane go when he wanted more money). And just to keep the comparison going Pep has had PL winner Mahrez on his bench for nearly £300k a week as his backup's backup for half a decade.
Well if Liverpool could show some consistency they could have won the title in seasons in which City were not having their best seasons (2020/21 or the current season).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The mistake we made last week was going toe to toe with them.

The way to beat this Liverpool team is to sit back and hit them on the counter.
We didn't even remotely try and go toe to toe with them!?

We were perfectly sitting back and looking for counters for the first 43, then one bit of dodgy positioning let them in.
Firs min of the second half about 6 players managed to miss the chance to clear it, 2-0.

After that it was pure keystone cops fused with local park level switch off mentality.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mane was one of your top players wasn't he? So why couldn't you "afford big money individual first teamers" like you just said?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

I hope Liverpool fans such as yourself print out this table and every other stat connected to that season to feel good as this is the only league title for the club in 33+ years.

Whereas I personally am a bigger fan of consistency. You know such as never finishing outside top 3 in 22 years. Yes I am talking about your rivals United between 1992 and 2013. I am curious if any other club in Europe’s big leagues can match this. In the PL no one comes close.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
I hope Liverpool fans such as yourself print out this table and every other stat connected to that season to feel good as this is the only league title for the club in 33+ years.

Whereas I personally am a bigger fan of consistency. You know such as never finishing outside top 3 in 22 years. Yes I am talking about your rivals United between 1992 and 2013. I am curious if any other club in Europe’s big leagues can match this. In the PL no one comes close.
To be fair, I think that from the start of the 70s Liverpool finished in the top 4 of the league for about 22 or 23 seasons and bagged 4 European Cups along the way, pretty consistent.

I'm not sure if anyone further back has done it to the levels of United and Liverpool though, I think Arsenal were pretty dominant in the 20s and 30s but not quite at that level.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

The "only 1st matters" people won't appreciate this, but that Liverpool side that eventually finished 2nd were only beaten by a relentless City side that won 14 games in a row... And i can't prove this but I don't think they win the league the following season in the way they did, without losing it the way they did the previous one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

A mad record on paper, but am sure they were getting away with wins late on in that run. The Watford 3-0 defeat was like a huge blow out in game 28.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The "only 1st matters" people won't appreciate this, but that Liverpool side that eventually finished 2nd were only beaten by a relentless City side that won 14 games in a row... And i can't prove this but I don't think they win the league the following season in the way they did, without losing it the way they did the previous one.
You're probably spot on. Similar to United when your boys generously gave us Van Persie the year after the Aguero moment. Not just winning it the next year, but absolutely thundering it.
Some revisionists still try and claim that team was an utter joke ready to fall apart instantly though. Rather than it being Moyes disasterous management.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Why are you two acting so insecure and with a bit of desperation.

How do I become a Liverpool fan, for posting a tweet posted today, about where Arsenal 66 points after 27 games rank? :D

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
How deranged was this prick on the sideline last night? Barking at his own players, abusing the referee, getting into the fourth official’s face screaming obscenities, smiling menacingly at every obstacle (free conceded, chance missed, goal conceded) his team faced… what an incredibly weird night it was on ‘Klopp Watch’ (which nobody in the media will comment on or point out, surprise, surprise :rolleyes:).

HookedOnAPhelan

How deranged was this prick on the sideline last night? Barking at his own players, abusing the referee, getting into the fourth official’s face screaming obscenities, smiling menacingly at every obstacle (free conceded, chance missed, goal conceded) his team faced… what an incredibly weird night it was on ‘Klopp Watch’ (which nobody in the media will comment on or point out, surprise, surprise :rolleyes:).
Yeah it was strange. He seems to be losing it, the absolute madman.

Remember the geese

I found it amusing how his antics completely juxtaposed with what was happening on the pitch. Such a passive, nothing performance and he was completely losing the plot as if it was a high-octane thriller!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I found it amusing how his antics completely juxtaposed with what was happening on the pitch. Such a passive, nothing performance and he was completely losing the plot as if it was a high-octane thriller!
you spend the kind of money he has on his teeth and damn straight! for sure you’re making sure the cameras are on you, and that people are watching you. it’s like that time my mum got her arsehole bleached and then went on holiday.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
What a strange strange club. How on earth do you go from thrashing the most in form club in Europe, your rivals, 7-0 to losing against relegation teams without scoring a goal?

It is infuriating, in a way. Liverpool can feck right off, the game raising cnuts.
It was, and always will be, a freak result.

erikcred

A mad record on paper, but am sure they were getting away with wins late on in that run. The Watford 3-0 defeat was like a huge blow out in game 28.
True plus we're all that stopped them from winning 27 on the trot. And stopped them getting to 100 points.

As impressive as all this sounds, if this sort of a run what was required to win the league, SAF would've achieved that as well.

These numbers just make me annoyed that Arteta's lucky enough to catch both Pep and Klopp in a mediocre/bad year. If ETH was in the job from last year, we'd be comfortably leading the league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
True plus we're all that stopped them from winning 27 on the trot. And stopped them getting to 100 points.

As impressive as all this sounds, if this sort of a run what was required to win the league, SAF would've achieved that as well.

These numbers just make me annoyed that Arteta's lucky enough to catch both Pep and Klopp in a mediocre/bad year. If ETH was in the job from last year, we'd be comfortably leading the league.
I'm not sure if I'd go that far, he's still got a lot to prove. Aways at bigger clubs is the huge development need. We've been smashed to City and Liverpool. Lost narrowly v Arsenal but after an onslaught, and had to scrape a last min draw v Chelsea.
1 point from the big 4 aways.

Give him an actual quality striker and another quality option in midfield though, and we can dream on!