Jack Grealish | Euro 2020/1

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If he don't start every game from here on in....

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I want him at United. Can we just break the bank to sign him?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
There was a time when I wasn’t convinced he would manage the step up in class to the prem and international football

I’d just like to say I was very very wrong

RAVred

We should definitely sign him up rather than Sancho (though ideally both). But we have more money then sense

Over recent times we have been rubbish for younger player development and will absolutely stall Sanchos and probably give him a contract so big that he’s not assed to improve.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’d rather he moves to Madrid or Barcelona if we can’t get him.

I can’t watch him with a rival shirt on.

He even looks like damn Beckham.

MU655

Pundits not giving him any mention, really. Did they not notice that it all changed after he came on?

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
How many times does he have to do this before finally Southgate realises that too?
He needs to bang in hattricks and credit each one to Southgate for Southgate to soften his stance on him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I’d rather he moves to Madrid or Barcelona if we can’t get him.

I can’t watch him with a rival shirt on.

He even looks like damn Beckham.
Same. Has Beckham's mentality, too.

We NEED him.

ForeverRed1

Sell martial, sell pogba, get him.

please don’t let city get him, he is so good and so marketable. Would be there own beckham:(

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So, his Mum is English and his maternal grandparents and he’s lived his entire life as a Brummy, a born and bred brummy.

Irish my arse. As Irish as some of these yanky numpties that call themselves that.
Just say, he got the best of two worlds. :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He made it so easy. Such a classy player among the grafters.

Lynty

Hazard was the last player I wanted at United so much. I'm hoping Grealish will stay another season at Villa and we can go in big money next summer.

He's been brilliant and could be in the running for player of the tournament if he keeps it up. Has been the difference for us every time he has come on.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Brilliant player, should be ahead of Saka in the team. Bring Saka on against tired legs.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He's been brilliant and could be in the running for player of the tournament if he keeps it up. Has been the difference for us every time he has come on.
He’s played really well when he’s been on the pitch, but he’s barely played 90mins so far, so he’ll have to start the rest of the games and really impress.

Which isn’t a massive stretch, the potential matchups on the road to the final seem tailor made for him, and I’d be surprised if he doesn’t start.

He’s played really well when he’s been on the pitch, but he’s barely played 90mins so far, so he’ll have to start the rest of the games and really impress.

Which isn’t a massive stretch, the potential matchups on the road to the final seem tailor made for him, and I’d be surprised if he doesn’t start.
I have my doubts Southgate will start him but the competition for best player is thinning.

Of the 4 top scorers 3 are now out. Lewandowski didn't get out of the group and Lukaku will be getting a nosebleed soon.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I have my doubts Southgate will start him but the competition for best player is thinning.

Of the 4 top scorers 3 are now out. Lewandowski didn't get out of the group and Lukaku will be getting a nosebleed soon.
Not sure why you mention top scorers when Grealish has scored zero goals.

There’s a bunch of players that have had better tournaments than him so far. He’s barely featured for one of the least impressive teams to make the knock-out stages.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So, his Mum is English and his maternal grandparents and he’s lived his entire life as a Brummy, a born and bred brummy.

Irish my arse. As Irish as some of these yanky numpties that call themselves that.
Nonsense. His dad is Irish. Which makes Grealish as Irish as any kid you have is English (didn’t you have a kid with somebody foreign?)

Also. He was apparently a very talented GAA player until Villa demanded he stop playing. Which is about as Irish as it’s possible to get!

His father Kevin told Birmingham Live: “He’d run the show playing Gaelic. It really helped him because he was knocked from pillar to post. It’s brutal compared to soccer. Jack, as you know, is good with his feet but you can pick the ball up as well and he’d flick it around everyone!

“I told Gordan Cowans (Aston Villa coach) that once. He asked why Jack was so good at expecting tackles and stuff and it was the GAA. It really built up his upper body, players would bounce off him. It’s probably why he’s so strong today.

“He had to stop playing at 16, though, they’d just be stamping on his fingers and it became all too much. We had Nike knocking at the door at this point as well who wanted to sponsor him. It was a summer sport, Gaelic, and he’d play that non-stop, he didn’t care about your crickets or rugbys.”

Echoing those comments, Grealish commented: "I wasn't really into other sports growing up but I loved Gaelic. But when I was 13, Villa told me I need to stop because it's rough. I still played now and then until I was 15. It helped me develop. When I was young I was always playing above my age but I struggled physically. But getting kicked around at Gaelic, getting shoulder-barged, it helped."

Traub

Did Grealish change the game really? I think Shaw had a lot more to do with the outcome than Grealish did.
No coincidence that Shaw improved after Grealish moved to the left side of midfield. Clear that Grealish was the catalyst for the team improving, including Shaw stepping up almost immediately.

Shimo

Quality player and was part of the difference maker for England winning it but, what is really irking me is the fawning of him coming on being the big difference. Shaw had same contributions to the 2 goals, a cross and a key pass - that was very well threaded through with the outside of his foot but, Shaw also broke up the play smartly at midfield and carried it all the way to the 18 leading up to the second.

Now that Germany are knocked out (sad face) - do hope Grealish starts against Ukraine, will need someone that can take players on and disrupt defensive shape as well as win fouls in key areas for what will be a very defensive setup.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Quality player and was part of the difference maker for England winning it but, what is really irking me is the fawning of him coming on being the big difference. Shaw had same contributions to the 2 goals, a cross and a key pass - that was very well threaded through with the outside of his foot but, Shaw also broke up the play smartly at midfield and carried it all the way to the 18 leading up to the second.

Now that Germany are knocked out (sad face) - do hope Grealish starts against Ukraine, will need someone that can take players on and disrupt defensive shape as well as win fouls in key areas for what will be a very defensive setup.
Shaw is rightly getting plaudits from everybody but Jermaine Jenas :houllier:

tomaldinho1

Shaw is rightly getting plaudits from everybody but Jermaine Jenas :houllier:
I get the impression Jenas has been told about the pundit negativity (I think Peter Crouch even brought it up on his show and they were like 'haters' gon hate') and so is doing that thing where you go against the grain to 'have' an opinion.

Shaw was average first half (like most of the team) and then came alive once Grealish came on. That basically sums up the game - relatively even without a huge amount of clear opportunities, periods of domination for both teams, Germany shaded the better chances with Pickford making two really good saves and then Grealish came on and that left side + our attack suddenly just looked dangerous.