Jack Grealish

Trizy

Two things which were worse than invading the pitch and assaulting someone.

1. What was that weak ass punch? You get a complete free punch on someone and he then does that? It was barely a slap.
2. If any player assaulted him they too would face consequences which in my opinion is complete bollocks. Wish they kicked the feck out of him. People wouldn't think twice about attacking a crowd of men in a street on their own because they would be beaten to a pulp. Shouldn't diff on the pitch.

Strachans Cigar

Don’t see him getting a custodial. Cantona didn’t after all.

Probably a fine & some CS & a lifetime ban from BCFC.

Strachans Cigar

What do you think the chances are he has a clean record? Pretty much zero IMO and I think he’ll go down
Well that’s the great unknown innit? If indeed he does have previous, that will have a bearing on things you would think

Coxy

It's scary that so many of the fans were applauding him for what he did. Really?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It's what living in Birmingham does to you. @Raees
I can tell you he’s the face of Birmingham City - they’re the most reviled fans in the Midlands. They don’t represent the City as a whole though.. I don’t recall meeting much blues fans outside of my school days.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
What did Jack Grealish do to warrant such an abuse? Was he a Villa boy growing up?

ghagua

Fans who invade the pitch should get a very long prison sentence. No one knows what their intention is or what weapons they could be carrying. Only way to reduce the temptation for someone getting onto the pitch is long term prison sentence.

Moriarty

I remember this day in 1975 on the South Bank at Upton Park. We were already in the ground when they closed the gates and shut the turnstiles. A bunch of reds were locked out and kicked the gates down. There was a serious crush going on as they all flooded in and the line of police separating us from the West Ham fans was pushed back so there was fighting going on in the back and fans being pushed onto the pitch all at the same time.

Vadim

The B’ham fan scored the winner as well?!

He had quite the day.

MarylandMUFan

We need an rvn

The justice system is a joke at times as you see repeated burglars walking away with warning after warning and this guy gets 14 weeks whilst the cricket players who had a punch up walk away after doing more.

BUT, I'm glad they've set an example of him and quickly and I think it's a fair punishment. 14 weeks in jail will hopefully show people it's being taken seriously. Still think they need to punish the club somehow though too in perhaps a couple of matches behind closed door but no points deduction

DavidDeSchmikes

Mitchell, 27, admitted assault and encroachment on to the pitch at Birmingham Magistrates' Court earlier.

He "cannot explain what came over him yesterday morning", his solicitor said.

"His initial foolish intention was to just go on to the pitch and whip up the crowd," said Vaughn Whistance, defending.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47523268

Something....something.....its pashun......it is a derby....something

RedCurry

Such a coward act. It's usually always the smallest dude who does stuff like this.

Moriarty

Damn, your justice system works really fast. Here in America, he would have been released on bail, been tried 6 months later and sentenced 3 months later and that would have been fast for us. Even if he pled guilty it would have been at least 6 or 7 months.
Back in the day, they would have special sittings on match days. Those arrested at the game would be up before the magistrate and sentenced before the final whistle had blown.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
That piece of shit Alfie Perkins who posted those disgusting tweets has been banned for life also.

Looks like his Twitter has gone too.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I hope his wife leaves him and takes the kid too.

He’s off to prison for a few months
Probably lost his job (if he had one)
Earned himself a Criminal record
Got a Lifetime ban from the club he supports
Not allowed to enter any football stadium for 10 years

Funniest of all is still that grealish went on to score the winner in that match. Bet he’s sat feeling like a right knob now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Damn, your justice system works really fast. Here in America, he would have been released on bail, been tried 6 months later and sentenced 3 months later and that would have been fast for us. Even if he pled guilty it would have been at least 6 or 7 months.
In America he would have sued Grealish for injuring his knuckles and won.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Isn't 14 weeks in jail too harsh? You definitely won't get jailed for 14 weeks for punching someone on the street. How is it that invading a football field make it any much worse?

ErranMorad

The title reads like the fecking idiot who assaulted Grealish went on to score the winner.

14 weeks seems awfully harsh. Stadium ban for life and some community service would have sufficed.

MarylandMUFan

Isn't 14 weeks in jail too harsh? You definitely won't get jailed for 14 weeks for punching someone on the street. How is it that invading a football field make it any much worse?
The punch is completely out of context. If you are fighting on the street with someone who is expecting it, it's a different activity. Running on to a professional football pitch and punching a professional footballer from behind is a completely different version of assault and should be treated more harshly.

Jam

That sentence is absolutely a case of making an example of him and setting a precedent.

Not that I’m complaining. He’s just a thug.

mu4c_20le

Good sentence, he fecking walloped him. Knew what he was doing and did it with malice.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Should have been longer in jail. What he did is incredibly dangerous and he could be an example for others to follow.. should have been 6 months IMO.