5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highfather_24

If he doesnt play on the right then dunno whats the point, already having a feeling that last 15 years we were playing with a hole on RW position.
He's not a typical RW who maintains width or holds his position. He liked to drift all over the pitch and come central from the right wing. Think of Mata(although not a perfect comparison), about how he drifts in and tries to be a playmaker. Sancho is like that but he's faster and he's a great dribbler. Sancho reminds me a lot of Hazard ngl.

Godfather

If he doesnt play on the right then dunno whats the point, already having a feeling that last 15 years we were playing with a hole on RW position.
If Greenwood keeps performing like he did at the end of last season and stays the better player from the right I see no reason why Sancho shouldn't be considered on the left too. Especially When Rashford and Martial keep having seasons like the last

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Rashford got over 20 goals last season from the left whilst being injured for most of it.

And 20 the season prior.

We're going to see a Rashford - Greenwood - Sancho front three for many years to come.
Man, if that would work out.... let's hope Ole gets this right for once

Anustart89

I just hope we have the same patience with him as we do with Amad. Young kid coming from another country, needs to learn the language (speaks with a distinct German accent from what I’ve heard in interviews) too so he’ll need time to adapt to Manchester.

pascell

He's young and coming to a new league with a big price tag. Hope fans dont turn on him if he doesnt hit the ground running.
Oh we will, you best believe that, his performance threads are going to be something else. Why should he get different treatment than anyone else?

please bite

Dan_F

If Greenwood keeps performing like he did at the end of last season and stays the better player from the right I see no reason why Sancho shouldn't be considered on the left too. Especially When Rashford and Martial keep having seasons like the last
There is really is no excuse for running players into the ground this year, so I fully expect to see all of the front line, bar Cavani, play in multiple positions.

Womp

idiot
Marcus got 21 goals and 15 assists playing with an injury (injuries?) that he reportedly will need to get operated on. He isn't being dropped, especially when he's fit and hopefully recovered. Hopefully our future front three will be Mason, Rashford and Sancho, with Amad etc. pushing for places. I hope the club see Mason as a CF long term, once he puts on some size, I think that will be his best position, get him as close to goal as possible so he can take advantage of his best traits.

GueRed

Imagine bracketing Rashford who despite playing two thirds of the season with an injury still contribute greatly to the team by racking up impressive stats with a sulky lazy get..

Dont disrespect Marcus like that.

Godfather

Imagine bracketing Rashford who despite playing two thirds of the season with an injury still contribute greatly to the team by racking up impressive stats with a sulky lazy get..

Dont disrespect Marcus like that.
Didn't mean to be disrespectful at all. His numbers were pretty fine as well. But he looked knackered/injured all season and frankly not on top of his game. So no reason to not try Sancho there as long as Rashford isn't on top of his game/fitness levels again

Eddy_JukeZ

It's a major insult and disservice to group Rashford and Martial together.

Rashford was miles, miles and miles better than Martial last season. He was our 2nd most productive player while playing two-thirds of it injured.

Eddy_JukeZ

Didn't mean to be disrespectful at all. His numbers were pretty fine as well. But he looked knackered/injured all season and frankly not on top of his game. So no reason to not try Sancho there as long as Rashford isn't on top of his game/fitness levels again
That is a more fair point

Godfather

Rashford was miles, miles and miles better than Martial last season. He was our 2nd most productive player while playing two-thirds of it injured.
I realise that Martial had a much worse season. But we ran Rashford to the ground and he struggled heavily at times (even more impressive his numbers were still so good).

That is why I put him in that bracket as well. It can't be bad to give him a rest now and then let Sancho play on the left. Especially as Greenwood is playing really well on the right

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
7adon Sancho :drool:

I think he's getting double goals & assists in all comps, and wouldn't be surprised if he usurps Rashford from LW by seasons end with Greenwood keeping his spot at RW.
Same. I've been saying this for a while. I feel like Greenwood is or is about to become a better RW than Rashford is on the LW. Sancho will also be a better LW or RW than either right now, so will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Only way Ole avoids this situation is the get Greenwood playing through the middle from the get-go, because I don't think he'll be able to leave him out soon.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Someone give me a good Sancho pun for my fantasy team that I can pass off as my own.

Infra-red

Probably the best dribbler of the ball that we've had at the club since teenage Ronaldo. Should get bums off seats and footballs into goal nets.

Same. I've been saying this for a while. I feel like Greenwood is or is about to become a better RW than Rashford is on the LW. Sancho will also be a better LW or RW than either right now, so will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Only way Ole avoids this situation is the get Greenwood playing through the middle from the get-go, because I don't think he'll be able to leave him out soon.
we have got enough games to go around. If someone falls out of favour due to one of the other players ousting them with their form. So be it. It’s competition and I would expect all those guys you’ve mentioned to raise their game to get back in the team.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It's a great conundrum to be in. I think Greenwood has looked best at RW because our RW has been poor, Rashford hasn't been fully fit for about 1.5 seasons and Bruno was clearly fatigued for most of the season, so as a novice CF he's suffered from lack of chances being created for him whenever he's played CF.
Now, when we rest Cavani and put Greenwood up top, he should have 3 creative players who each offer a different dynamic in attack, and should open up space for him.
Or, the alternative is that Rashford continues to suffer from his injury problems, or his form doesn't pick up and Sancho occupies LW while Greenwood sticks at RW.

Either way, we have a number of options in attack now. The team prediction league this year is going to be tricky!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he's getting double goals & assists in all comps, and wouldn't be surprised if he usurps Rashford from LW by seasons end with Greenwood keeping his spot at RW.
I'm sort of convinced this will happen too. It won't be any time soon because I think the immediate plan will be Rashford left Sancho right, but I reckon we'll end with Sancho - Fernandes - Greenwood.

UncleBob

It's hardly grouping them together. Rashfords contribution is pretty much insane considering his performances, which were generally poor at best in the second half of the season. He needs to have surgery on his shoulder and he needs to rest in order to regain full fitness, having Sancho should allow Rashford the time to do so. If he continues performing like he did in the second half of last season, well, it's not going to be positive

Bondi77

Thought he looked good on the bench for England, his hair looked in good shape and he moved well in the interval and his footwork looked really good when he moved between his teammates when celebrating us giving the Germans a bit of a touch up.
I am looking forward to his next game.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
As soon as he misplaces a pass I'm starting 10 threads about how much of a failure he is.
:lol: :lol:

Also losing the ball once in midfield, should dismiss all those goal and assists he makes on that game.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Exactly!

But if your a lower quality player then it seemingly can be ignored...

Strange that
People is just a complex creature. So it's hard to understand how people think.

I don't even understand why the neighbor's cat likes sleeping on my porch.

Fahad Jawaid

Does anybody else think, maybe it was down to his move to Utd and his mind on that move that he was not being selected. Its seem a little too much of a co-incidence that after sealing his move, he will start the very next match.

I hope Grealish and Sancho both start alongside Kane and Foden. That for me is the best front four England have.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Does anybody else think, maybe it was down to his move to Utd and his mind on that move that he was not being selected. Its seem a little too much of a co-incidence that after sealing his move, he will start the very next match.

I hope Grealish and Sancho both start alongside Kane and Foden. That for me is the best front four England have.
Saka would be starting if he wasn't injured.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Saka carrying a knock and Foden on a booking. That's apparently why he is in line for a start. Still.... excited to see what he can do. He must be absolutely buzzing. If he plays a blinder how can you leave him out?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Saka carrying a knock and Foden on a booking. That's apparently why he is in line for a start. Still.... excited to see what he can do. He must be absolutely buzzing. If he plays a blinder how can you leave him out?
Southgate has said he's not sitting players out who are on yellow cards. Phillips, Rice and Maguire all expected to start.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Southgate wanted United to get leverage in negotiation. What a great guy. Hope he signs contract extension till 2034 atleast
I hope Sancho scores 5 goals tomorrow, then United tweets "You love to see it".

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Hopefully. Saka kept his place for having an above average game.

Status
Not open for further replies.