5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Good first half then a quiet second half, with a poor miss. Thought he was a bit unforunate to come off when he did as he was playing better than Greenwood imo. Still want to see more from him but gradual improvements.

I thought he was making some good runs in behind too but we never found him.

acnumber9

Didn’t understand bringing him off to play Bruno left wing. Needs to do more but he’s slowly getting better.

slored1

He's great. Very composed and lively, unlucky to slip at the big chance.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
really good tonight, we need to stick with him and keep playing him. better and better every week

BerryBerryShrew

Wasn't great but he was the only one of our starting front three who made any small effort to track back. Which says more about Greenwood and Ronaldo than anything else really.

Played quite well in the first half, not so much in the second...but it was a disjointed team performance altogether.

It wasn't a particularly good game overall - I'd have hoped he'd get a lot of joy against Foyth and Albiol - but it was definitely better.

Main area of concern is that he's been tidy without really doing much creatively. Only one dribble completed (out of 3) and 0 key passes, 0 chances created.

Last edited:

Scholsey2004

Technical Players like him and van der beek are going to suffer under a manager like ole as they are the type of players that excel within a good set up system (ajax, dortmund) but ole has no system
Van de Beek. :rolleyes:

ShoePolish

Would say something encouraging to get on the bandwagon, but struggling to find words really. Made some decent runs, sure, but didn't make anything of note happen by himself, which, you should expect from somebody like him, considering the fee we paid and feats he had achieved with Borrusia previously. He was just a tidy passer today, a VdB on the wing.
Hopefully this is just him getting used to the team and finding his place, because right now, he shouldn't get in the team ahead of Bruno, Greenwood, Ronaldo, Rashford, or even Cavani.

Eriku

Definitely starting to warm up. Really showed how smooth he can be with the ball sometimes. Not the easiest period to bed into our forward line, though.

Not impatient with him at all. His quality will show.

RUCK4444

Our performances haven’t been great, when our attacks become a tad more fluid he will come to life im sure.

In the second half he didn’t have a lot of opportunities to link up which is a big part of his game imo.

He was one of our better players during that awful first 60 minutes though tonight.

Sylar

Best performance so far
Unlucky not to get more time than Greenwood today

Nicolarra90

Tbf I only watched the second half and saw he was pretty ineffective, lots of trying with no success and slipped in a golden chance, but great to know he was good in the first half

Scholsey2004

He's seeing a lot of the ball, making a lot of touches and passes. What we're not seeing yet is the understanding with team mates imo. He's not like Rashford, he needs to give and go with team mates a lot more. The relationship with Fernandes obviously needs a lot of developing.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Constantly improving by the game, which is far more than can be said for a lot of our players. Think he's going to be fantastic for us when he gets his first goal/assist.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Think he looked pretty good.

No doubt in my mind he'll be a huge success here, just a matter of how long will it take before he kicks on. A few weeks from now and I reckon he'll have found his feet.

ShinjiNinja26

He’s getting there slowly but surely. I feel he just needs that one goal, no matter how it goes in just as long as it does and I think he’ll look a completely different player. He’s still playing within himself at the moment and getting that first goal or assist will do his confidence the world of good, after that I think we’ll start seeing him really taking people on and being a bit more direct.

sammyhol

Doesn’t look a winger to me…

looks great technically, good a tacking the ball in tight spaces.

nice link up at times.

but seems to lack the pace and explosiveness of rashford and lingard to beat a man

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I didn't see what everyone else did here. Thought he was very ineffective and pressed poorly. The slip summed up his performance.

Devil may care

Like Mason the effort was there but he's suffering from the lack of a structured attack, he's not used to freestyle yet.

Abraxas

Surprised by people's reading of it. I thought this was actually a regression, he'd shown more promising moments in other games for me.

He is getting better. Still he never has anybody to pass to or interplay with. We leave him so isolated.

Welbeckham

Another poor performance, not hopeless, but not promising. Reminiscent of an average Martial wing performance.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Mediodcre tonight, not to be too harsh on the lad has problems even with the basics.

Still progress perhaps from the past games when it felt he was sabotaging us.

Keep playing him for now and see wherenit takes him. Should become a deserved starter at some point. Hopefully.

predator

Youth NITK
The thing is he can take on a man and has all the talent. It will take him a while to adapt to our lack of style but once he does he'll be fine. Basically, just keep playing him and he will be fine.

Vaibhav Raj

You can tell he is getting up to the pace by the fact that he actually got stuck in at times, tracked back and won the ball back as opposed to his previous outings wherein he looked like he was chasing shadows without the ball and looking dazed with ball at his feet. Not the metric to judge an attacking player by sure but, he is slowly getting more involved in games. There were moments when he dribbled well. There were moments when his passes could have been better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.