5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

He never relies on his pace to go past players.

As much as people say that he has been here for x number of seasons now, we know he really hasn't had a consistent run in a set position under one manager for whatever reasons.

All the issues that we see with him are purely tactical. I trust Erik to get the best out of him. He is still very young.
He hasn't had a run in a set position because he has not really impressed in any position since he has been here for more than a couple of games.
It is not tactical it is the simple fact that he can not impose himself in a game unless he comes on for the last 20 when the opposition are tiring.
It has been as plain as day since he has been here and it is only now that some can actually see it :houllier:

OmarUnited4ever

man I do not know what to say about him, I am desperate for him to show us how good he is, but so far hasn't shown anything of note.

He was shit today, and he has been shit most of his time here, but I am still holding out for him, I still believe he can be good for us.

saivet

He also subbed him off so he can't have been that happy.
At 75 minutes. We've seen ETH hook players and even Sancho off at HT or before 60 mins if he's not happy. There is definitely a disconnect between what fans want to and like to see vs what ETH wants. I think Antony thread probably best shows it too.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Giving him 300k a week before he had really done anything of note in football was another monumental error from Woodward and co.

We've seen from quite a few other players now that doing the business in the Bundesliga is not really all that it's cracked up to be. Not only Havertz and Werner but also Weghorst scored 20 goals there a few years ago. That to me shows how poor that league has become.

Not sure how we sell Sancho either. Nobody would go near those wages so he'd have to be willing to half them to leave which is incredibly doubtful. All we can hope is he improves massively but I have lost hope on that.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
ETH seems happy with his performances. At least going by the post match comments
Weird, I fully expected ETH to throw him under the bus as he usually does :)
Giving him 300k a week before he had really done anything of note in football was another monumental error from Woodward and co.

We've seen from quite a few other players now that doing the business in the Bundesliga is not really all that it's cracked up to be. Not only Havertz and Werner but also Weghorst scored 20 goals there a few years ago. That to me shows how poor that league has become.

Not sure how we sell Sancho either. Nobody would go near those wages so he'd have to be willing to half them to leave which is incredibly doubtful. All we can hope is he improves massively but I have lost hope on that.
Yes and that is the ONLY mistake that was done here.
He looked a proper player, slightly overpriced but clearly very skillful and no "red flags" (unlike for the other right winger we got recently). He doesn't seem capable to make it in this league, but it's not like this could've been predicted before (hence this is called a "risk").

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It shows how amazing a player like Rashford is.

Sancho destroys the Bundesliga but nothing in the PL whilst Rashford’s destroying the PL.

People overvalue other clubs players and under appreciate our own.

Cloud7

ETH seems happy with his performances. At least going by the post match comments
To be fair ETH is, quite rightly, not going to come out and attack the players in public like Jose used to.

The only way to really know how happy he is with performances is by watching how often he plays them versus the other options.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I can’t believe the guy is still only 22. It feels like he’s been a first teamer for years and years.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
I think his best position will be central and that's where Bruno plays so no chance there.

I wonder what his market value is and if there will be any interest in the lad.

El Jefe

He never relies on his pace to go past players.

As much as people say that he has been here for x number of seasons now, we know he really hasn't had a consistent run in a set position under one manager for whatever reasons.

All the issues that we see with him are purely tactical. I trust Erik to get the best out of him. He is still very young.
I'm amazed you think the issue with him is purely tactical. EtH has been really good in putting players in the right position to succeed. He's push Fred further forward as a CM and dropped Wout to No.10.

He's found the solution for every player it seems except Sancho. Ole, Southgate and RR weren't able to get anymore out of him either. Sancho is quite clearly the issue rather than any tactics. Pulling out of 50/50s or being physically and athletically inferior for the PL is not a tactical issue.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Sancho lacks a lot to be a top player, I'll list and rate him whilst breaking it down.

Shooting

Shooting Technique; 78
Shooting power; 75
Shooting Accuracy; 77
Curve; 70

Pace, Dribbling & strength

Dribbling; 83
Ability; 82
Reaction; 78
Position; 82
Movement; 80
Top speed; 78
Acceleration; 81
Aggression; 72
Body balance; 69
Stamina; 65
Tackling; 62
Mentality; 60

Passing

Passing Technique: 80
Short Passing: 83
Long passing : 72
Crossing: 70

I'm sure you would agree with that, no!?

Hackman2210

Dortmund laughing all the way to the bank again - I wonder which next world class player they'll sell us.......
It does make you wonder that Bellingham at a reported £150m is another disaster waiting to happen. If Sancho could just be decent then with his age the transfer could work. But £75m for a bench player is horrible.

next_number_seven

I'm amazed you think the issue with him is purely tactical. EtH has been really good in putting players in the right position to succeed. He's push Fred further forward as a CM and dropped Wout to No.10.

He's found the solution for every player it seems except Sancho. Ole, Southgate and RR weren't able to get anymore out of him either. Sancho is quite clearly the issue rather than any tactics. Pulling out of 50/50s or being physically and athletically inferior for the PL is not a tactical issue.
I knew he wasn't great before in signed cos I saw him in a few England appearances and he didn't perform

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Sancho lacks a lot to be a top player, I'll list and rate him whilst breaking it down.

Shooting

Shooting Technique; 78
Shooting power; 75
Shooting Accuracy; 77
Curve; 70

Dribbling; 83
Ability; 82
Reaction; 78
Position; 82
Movement; 80
Top speed; 78
Acceleration; 81
Aggression; 72
Body balance; 69
Stamina; 65
Tackling; 62
Mentality; 60

Passing

no

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Shooting

Shooting Technique; 78
Shooting power; 75
Shooting Accuracy; 77
Curve; 70

Dribbling; 83
Ability; 82
Reaction; 78
Position; 82
Movement; 80
Top speed; 78
Acceleration; 81
Aggression; 72
Body balance; 69
Stamina; 65
Tackling; 62
Mentality; 60

Passing

:lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What is he good at? Genuinely.

People say he's good technically. How? What makes him better over someone like Rashford who isn't renowned for his technical ability.
Even the mental stuff he was being bigged up for - Awareness & Intelligence, he sorely lacks in my opinion

He does have composure at times, so I'll give him that at least.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Exactly this. Also, about the Fred example, we knew this is where he excells, we just couldn't use him this way because we had nobody holding the midfield. With Sancho, you really don't know how to use him because of those limitations you mentioned.

Shooting

Shooting Technique; 78
Shooting power; 75
Shooting Accuracy; 77
Curve; 70

Dribbling; 83
Ability; 82
Reaction; 78
Position; 82
Movement; 80
Top speed; 78
Acceleration; 81
Aggression; 72
Body balance; 69
Stamina; 65
Tackling; 62
Mentality; 60

Passing

What a ridiculous post. His "Curve" is a strong 71.

Smores

Weird, I fully expected ETH to throw him under the bus as he usually does :)

Yes and that is the ONLY mistake that was done here.
He looked a proper player, slightly overpriced but clearly very skillful and no "red flags" (unlike for the other right winger we got recently). He doesn't seem capable to make it in this league, but it's not like this could've been predicted before (hence this is called a "risk").
Personally I think throwing cash around on very young players who look decent for a season or two is a very risky prospect. We've seen it far too many times that they don't always follow it up.

Not every transfer is going to work, we all know that, however we need to stop making mistakes that impact future spending. Massive wages and massive fees should go to more proven players rather than chasing the next Ballon d'or winner.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft

Shooting

Shooting Technique; 78
Shooting power; 75
Shooting Accuracy; 77
Curve; 70

Dribbling; 83
Ability; 82
Reaction; 78
Position; 82
Movement; 80
Top speed; 78
Acceleration; 81
Aggression; 72
Body balance; 69
Stamina; 65
Tackling; 62
Mentality; 60

Passing

Yeah, but what skill moves can he do? And does he have the fancy passes trait?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He isn't good enough, its quite obvious

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's had 2 years here. Hasn't looked good enough for any stretch of time. Time for him to move on in summer.

UpWithRivers

He's 22. When will people learn that a lot of players need time to mature. Rashford went through dog sht fazes for years and everyone wanted him sold. Same with a lot of players. We will see the real Sancho truly is in 2/3 years time. Same with Amad, Pellestri and Garnacho probably even longer. Young players will be up and down like fkn yo-yos. It just how it works. Sure some players seem to just peak and find consistency early but its rare. Sancho is a really good player thats going through a bad period. The fans should just support him and give him time like all our players and especially youngsters.

crossy1686

career ending

Shooting

Shooting Technique; 78
Shooting power; 75
Shooting Accuracy; 77
Curve; 70

Dribbling; 83
Ability; 82
Reaction; 78
Position; 82
Movement; 80
Top speed; 78
Acceleration; 81
Aggression; 72
Body balance; 69
Stamina; 65
Tackling; 62
Mentality; 60

Passing

What the feck is this?

crossy1686

career ending
He's 22. When will people learn that a lot of players need time to mature. Rashford went through dog sht fazes for years and everyone wanted him sold. Same with a lot of players. We will see the real Sancho truly is in 2/3 years time. Same with Amad, Pellestri and Garnacho probably even longer. Young players will be up and down like fkn yo-yos. It just how it works. Sure some players seem to just peak and find consistency early but its rare. Sancho is a really good player thats going through a bad period. The fans should just support him and give him time like all our players and especially youngsters.
That’s good timing actually because if we keep him that long, he’ll be coming up to the end of his contract so we can release him on a free and save the heartbreak of him signing another whopping contract and staying for another 5 years.

RedRoach

Really want Sancho to succeed and I think he can but he wasn’t signed as a youngster with potential to be good in 5 years.

At his fee and wages you have to hit the ground rounding and unfortunately he hasn’t done that. I hope he can turn it around as Rashford has done recently.

SaidA_12

The player we paid for in Sancho was a tricky flair RW/LW who can become a cornerstone of our frontline and hopefully replicate what he did with Dortmund. Now it's been 2 seasons and he is still struggling with the PL and there's talk of shoehorning him as a 10(which I don't believe he has the skillset for even though he's a tidy player with good link-up). That's not what we paid for. Personally I would like to see out the rest of the season with regards to Sancho. If he is still ineffective then try to sell. If he shows signs of improvement, then keep him but if we do that then I would like us to perhaps either buy a RB in the mold of hakimi that's fast, energetic and willing to overlap to allow sancho to come inside at times to link up or try to work with the RB's we have and coach them to have better synergy with Sancho. This should also be good for Anthony too and help make his PL integration easier.

Woziak

It’s hilarious to see most of these posts about how bad the kid is, I mean none of us actually know why he was pulled from the squad and sent to work on mental and physical fitness. Will some of these fans still say the same thing, if next year at 24 he suddenly matures and starts controlling games and destroying opponents. We need to give the kid a chance and if he doesn’t come good by end of next year we can have this discussion again?

ScholesyTheWise

You don't pay 300k a week, or however much it is,
for someone to fulfill his potential 5 years after he signs the contract.
That's stupidity that even Woodward is incapable of.

I wouldn't mind for him to perform like a Yo-Yo, if I got some more glimpses of the upside of said yoyo.

I'm not going to write about Messi or Ronaldo like I initially wanted to because they're historical players,

but when you think of Iniesta, Fabregas, Zlatan from past years- they were bloody brilliant when they were 19-22, while also being crap in other games.

Vinicius Jr, De Jong, De Ligt, Ansu Fati from more recent years... have all shown a mixture of world class games with crap ones.
And at the toughtest leagues, that is.

Where are Sanco's brilliant games?
I really don't mind that he's sometimes crap. he's very young.
No one here is looking for perfection.

Heck, even Martial and Rashford (pre-ETH) have shown more than him in a United shirt when they were his age.

UpWithRivers

You don't pay 300k a week, or however much it is,
for someone to fulfill his potential 5 years after he signs the contract.
That's stupidity that even Woodward is incapable of.

I wouldn't mind for him to perform like a Yo-Yo, if I got some more glimpses of the upside of said yoyo.

I'm not going to write about Messi or Ronaldo like I initially wanted to because they're historical players,

but when you think of Iniesta, Fabregas, Zlatan from past years- they were bloody brilliant when they were 19-22, while also being crap in other games.

Vinicius Jr, De Jong, De Ligt, Ansu Fati from more recent years... have all shown a mixture of world class games with crap ones.
And at the toughtest leagues, that is.

Where are Sanco's brilliant games?
I really don't mind that he's sometimes crap. he's very young.
No one here is looking for perfection.

Heck, even Martial and Rashford (pre-ETH) have shown more than him in a United shirt when they were his age.
Sancho has played loads of world class games. Just not at United. But he has had a few good ones. All those players you mention were kids in their respective clubs and worked their way into the first team. They were settled in a settled side. Sancho moved countries and moved into a turbulent team at a young age. Even now when he does play he is played all over the place. RW, LW and now 10. Yes we paid a sht load and expected him to perform straight off but thats the stupidity of the recruitment and management team. Could it have worked? Sure. But its not exactly suprising it hasnt so far. Sometimes young players need time and a lot of love. I think Ten Haag gets this and its why he is handling him as gently as possible. Sure it might still not pay off but its too early to tell.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sort of player who will look a world beater when things are going fine/team is purring, not the sort of player to dig you out of a hole imo.

hobbers

No one is waiting another 2-3 years to see the "real" Sancho. That's just lunacy.

He's 22, so? We paid £73m for him and currently ~£270k a week, assuming he got the 25% CL wage deduction.

Rashford is a youth product who showed in his breakout season he could score plenty of goals and contribute at this level. Garnacho is a youth product on a fraction of Sancho's wages. Pellestri cost £7m and is on a fraction of a fraction of Sancho's wages. Amad is already on the transfer list.

Sancho belongs in the same bracket as Maguire and McTominay. They've failed here and if any club comes along with a decent offer for them, they'll be sold. Because they're not good enough.

HookedOnAPhelan

No one is waiting another 2-3 years to see the "real" Sancho. That's just lunacy.

He's 22, so? We paid £73m for him and currently ~£270k a week, assuming he got the 25% CL wage deduction.

Rashford is a youth product who showed in his breakout season he could score plenty of goals and contribute at this level. Garnacho is a youth product on a fraction of Sancho's wages. Pellestri cost £7m and is on a fraction of a fraction of Sancho's wages. Amad is already on the transfer list.

Sancho belongs in the same bracket as Maguire and McTominay. They've failed here and if any club comes along with a decent offer for them, they'll be sold. Because they're not good enough.
He is?

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
The rare glimpses of quality he produces gives me hope for him still. I won't write him off yet.

I think a few more will perform in Ten Hag's second season

Status
Not open for further replies.