5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor trail

Don't think he cuts it here. Antony for me has more to his locker than Jaden. Maybe Sancho needs an Hakimi to bring the best out of himself but he feels like a very rudimentary system player. Can't grab a game by the scruff of the neck and he doesn't endanger the opposition enough doesn't offer enough threat. If I'm a fullback it's meat and drinks against Sancho. Maybe a change of formation will help him who knows.

edgecutter

Not sure if it’s just the intensity of the Premier league as he didn’t look really good in Europe for us either. I have not given up hope of him yet but he needs to show something sooner than later. For me he has a third season to prove his worth. I know we say this often but he’s too talented a player not to
He costs the club 1.5 million a month. Sometimes you just have to say he's a dud and needs shipping off.

SATA

He costs the club 1.5 million a month. Sometimes you just have to say he's a dud and needs shipping off.
No one is going to take him and his wages though so we have to hope that he can succeed here. BVB probably can’t even afford to take him back on half of that

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not convinced he will survive ETH here

Ibi Dreams

We bought a world class RW that we've tried to play everywhere else. If we had a warranty it'd be void.
His performances at RW have hardly been different to his performances in other positions. And he played LW plenty at Dortmund

He's still young and has moments of quality now and then, but overall I'm just not seeing it with him. And he's not new anymore, he's been with us quite a while now. It is it is not particularly difficult to imagine Pellistri or Amad next season getting picked ahead of him

Blood Mage

He just offers nothing. So disappointing this hasn't worked out but he needs to be moved on.

Sylar

He's 22, so you would hope he gets going soon. Of course different players peak at different times of their career. Maybe we will see his best when he's 25?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t think he can cope with the pressure. A move back to Dortmund might be good for all parties

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
And that is the problem isn't it. His wages. He has a contract and would be unlikely to move for significantly less money.

hobbers

He's 22, so you would hope he gets going soon. Of course different players peak at different times of their career. Maybe we will see his best when he's 25?
Yeah maybe we should let him stick around until 25 when I'm sure he'll start giving a shit about football again. We'll only have paid £140m for the privilege of having him those 4 years.

crossy1686

career ending
One of the first out the door for me in the summer if we want to rebuild and spend some decent money.

I can only presume that the 3 months he took off in the middle of the season when the rest of the lads were fighting tooth and nail to stay in all competitions were because he just couldn’t be arsed, and he was sat on a sun lounger somewhere after doing some PR pics running around a bit.

We’ve had some nothing players before but he’s right up there.

MetoTTT

Sancho and Antony have big question mark on them imo. Hope ETH will do his magic.

Sylar

Yeah maybe we should let him stick around until 25 when I'm sure he'll start giving a shit about football again. We'll only have paid £140m for the privilege of having him those 4 years.
Yeah don't get me wrong, given the money we spent you would of course want immediate impact.

I think the good thing for united (and possibly bad for the players) is that it looks like long term garnacho and pellestri will be the wingers we need rather than Antony and Sancho

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Absolutely stank the place out today. Every touch was off. Did one bit of good play right before being subbed but otherwise useless.

hobbers

Yeah don't get me wrong, given the money we spent you would of course want immediate impact.

I think the good thing for united (and possibly bad for the players) is that it looks like long term garnacho and pellestri will be the wingers we need rather than Antony and Sancho
Certainly shows the danger of paying big amounts for wingers. The risk/reward ratio just isn't there.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
With his wages we'll be lucky to get 20m for him.

Maybe the Bundesliga is shit and he's just not that good. Weghorst was a 1 in 2 goalscorer there, after all.

el3mel

His style of play just will never cut it in England. He's not the player we thought we are getting.

Get rid while he still has any value.

MiceOnMeth

His style of play just will never cut it in England. He's not the player we thought we are getting.

Get rid while he still has any value.
How bad is our scouting that we didn't know what kind of winger we were getting for 70 mil :nervous:

SATA

How bad is our scouting that we didn't know what kind of winger we were getting for 70 mil :nervous:
He was really really good in the German league. Presumably that’s why we bought him? Fergie’s scouts also recommended Kagawa, we went ahead to buy him too and he wasn’t exactly a success here. Sancho still has time on his side though

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
When a manager makes as many allowances for a player as ETH did with that lengthy mid season time out and the player doesn’t look to have improved at all as a result, then chances are the manager will look to get rid of that player. Sancho’s days are numbered. Another one to add to the looooooong list of terrible transfers since Fergie retired.

Irrational.

He’ll be a quality player for a B level team. Sadly, he doesn’t have the mentality required to be one of the very best, which is what we thought we were signing.

Suv666

He got the time off and personal training sessions still the same performances. It’s about time we accept the fact he isn’t good enough simple as.
Shame really, I had high hopes he was so good for BVB.

Needs to be sold asap while still has some value.

Roboc7

When a manager makes as many allowances for a player as ETH did with that lengthy mid season time out and the player doesn’t look to have improved at all as a result, then chances are the manager will look to get rid of that player. Sancho’s days are numbered. Another one to add to the looooooong list of terrible transfers since Fergie retired.
There isn’t much incentive for ETH to persist with him, he didn’t buy him and has gone out of his way to make allowances so I can see him giving up on Sancho pretty quickly.

As like all our other poor signings his wages probably mean there isn’t much of a market for him. A loan back to Dortmund with option to buy on the cheap maybe is the most likely option.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's a mentality thing more than ability with him. He was world class for Dortmund and was ridiculous as a young player. Was also a ridiculous talent for City in the youth levels. So far he has just been too cautious/quiet through his time here. He has moments where he does very well, even today, had good moments but then was invisible for far too long.

For me, even though I think he has talent and could well get to a very high level, I don't think the situation will ever line up for him to bring that at United. Would be fine to keep him as a squad player if he was on about 200k less than he is. On 350k a week though... Nah. Will be hard to move him on, back to Dortmund in some way with him taking a wage cut or us agreeing to take some of his wages is the only way out of this. Garnacho and Pellistri are more useful squad players as the backup wingers behind Rashford and Antony IMO, and on normal money.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
His speed stats in Germany would have told a decent data scouting department he wouldn’t do well in England.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'm probably more patient than the majority on this forum, but I do wonder if we should try selling him. I know it's a very low chance of that happening but still.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I'm not giving up on him yet - he's 22.

There's been flashes of what he can do, here and there (like the bit of skill he did just before he came off).

Just needs a bit more time to get in the rhythm with the team, grow in confidence and also have players to bounce off and gel with (getting Eriksen back would help, I feel)

I'm obviously very underwhelmed with what I've seen so far, but there's a good player there waiting to be unleashed.

A lot of us were writing off Rashford about a year ago, remember.

spiriticon

There's been flashes of what he can do, here and there (like the bit of skill he did just before he came off).

Just needs a bit more time to get in the rhythm with the team, grow in confidence and also have players to bounce off and gel with (getting Eriksen back would help, I feel)

I'm obviously very underwhelmed with what I've seen so far, but there's a good player there waiting to be unleashed.

Both Sancho and Antony need to haul ass to the gym like Rashford did, it's as simple as.

But that said, Rashford has a lot more natural speed than either of them, so it's always going to be easier for him.

The United

He might become a player you hope to see on another team, probably.

I don't get the Rashford comparison here. Rashford did have a few seasons and many games where he showed what he could do before his bad form for us. Sancho was never close to it.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I didn’t see the game today (thanks to UK) but I don’t hold out much hope for him, he’s got no speed, strength or desire, he’ll never make it as a winger here.

needs a free role as a playmaker or something in a dominant team where he doesn’t have to do anything but just the odd bit of skill and pass, then I don’t think he’s good enough for that either. It may sound harsh but I don’t think he’d stand out or improve any team in the league as a winger from what I’ve seen so far.

tomaldinho1

This is such a bizarre situation. You can see how skilful he is and how good he is in tight, difficult situations but his body/physicality seems to have regressed to that of a child. I’ve never seen someone look so meek overnight, I don’t get it.

Red_Aaron

Doesn't work hard enough, doesn't play with intensity and is done by the hour mark
He also shirks challenges and rarely mucks in defensively

He's also still trying to play a different game to the rest of the team, wants everything played short with give and goes and passing triangles. Has no power in his shots, rarely attempts longer passes or shots from distance

He's got a tonne of work to do to make it here, compare him to the energy Garnacho brings and I know who I'm picking in a must win game tomorrow

mu4c_20le

He was really really good in the German league. Presumably that’s why we bought him? Fergie’s scouts also recommended Kagawa, we went ahead to buy him too and he wasn’t exactly a success here. Sancho still has time on his side though
Reminds me of Mhkitaryan. There's clearly a player in there, but not enough intensity.

HookedOnAPhelan

All but given up on him now. Too much of a wimp, and way too meek. He's shown next to nothing since coming here, with no improvement in sight.

Hopefully we can find a buyer in the summer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's slightly depressing that even "dead cert need to go" players like Dalot and AWB could improve so much, and even Fred has turned into G/A machine. THen we have one of the most talented young player out there, and he's the only one who's stagnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.