5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

aeh1991

Was far from good but also wasn't as bad as you guys make out of it. Before the red card he's had some good link ups, passes and runs. After that, he was used as a false nine and completely failed. In the second half he had some moments but overall he disappeared. I thought Antony was way worse though.

space

he had some nice moments but overall too soft, but I won't be too harsh today considering the circumstances

G-manc

Really poor again.

I could half accept his lack of pace if he had decent ball retention or an eye for a pass but he has neither. Weak as a kitten in possession.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
That will be the last time he is given the nod at Weghorst’s expense for a long while. Never looked remotely equipped to do what was expected of him after the red.

Anduin

He’s been a nothing player and a passenger for United, not even close to the required standard. At some point, we will have to make a decision on his future, but I assume he’s gonna get one more season to prove himself here. He’s so far away from his Dortmund version that I sometimes wonder whether we brought in another player.

Ludens the Red

seems to have reached the point now where everyone is giving up on him which is understandable tbf. He just doesn’t seem to have any determination or aggression to his play at the minute. Ultimately we’re not a charity case, if he’s not mentally right to play at this level for this club then we’ll have to cut our losses. Reckon Dortmund would be massively open to signing him back.

Aretak

Yea, he is hopeless. Should try to sell in the summer, he is English after all, should still attract some attention from the PL clubs.
Seems like the kind of signing Newcastle might make. I don't think many others (that'd want him) would pay the kind of wages he'd demand. Maybe Spurs as a makeweight in a Kane deal?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably not the best game to rate him in, as a 10man outfit for 60+ mins is a tough outing.
But one thing's for sure, Ten Hag will need all his management skills to get a regular tune out of him.

The United

Remember when people convinced themselves he was going to go away for 3 months and come back a completely different player? Good times. He is what he is. And that’s simply not good enough.

Cut our losses in the summer and hope someone is stupid enough to take on his ridiculous wages. Add it to the ever growing list of expensive flops. Our recruitment team really is in a class of its own.
Yeah he is not a youngster anymore to develop some stuff that he does not.

However, it takes more than three months to turn around for players. I think ETH is right to keep giving him the minutes this season. I am just not sure if he will be good enough.

rajds89

I really want it to work out for him, especially after the 2 years worth of chasing and the way he continued to smash the Bundesliga around in the mean time but, I'm seeing nothing from him that's suggesting it will. For the money he cost, you have to say right now that it's been a waste.

PoTMS

I would love to see him play live in the flesh someday. Does he make runs off the ball?
Honestly, he is so much worse in person. If you think you're angry watching him on telly, try and imagine what it's like watching him live.

finneh

Not possible due to high wages unless you want the club to pay for 60% of his wages like it happened with the Rooney to Everton deal
Indeed - I'd be interested to know which specific club would commit £60-70m in wages, plus a £40m transfer fee for a player who by the summer will have shown nothing in 2 years.

It'll be the same old scenario whereby we keep him around for a couple more years because no-one at the club has the gonads to sell him for £15-20m (or double this but with the club paying half his wages for 3 years).

Dannn411

Very very close to the time to cut our losses and sell. Has not taken a single step forward as a player since joining and does not look like he is interested in playing football. Plays with zero fire or interest and plays like its an exhibition.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Thought he was good today. Nice close control and some good instances of link-up play. Hope to see more of that.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm beginning to give up on him. Doesn't seem to have the personality or the drive to want to make a difference.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Going back to my early observation that he might not be suited for the Premier League. He'd be a superstar in Serie A.

SATA

Probably already too much money at a young age. Is he really on 350K a week? Did the board really have to give him this much when we signed him and before proving his worth to the club?

Stretfordender

Thought he was good today. Nice close control and some good instances of link-up play. Hope to see more of that.

good? We must have been watching a different game. The lad has no desire whatsoever being ‘good’ is not the standard ManUnited demand.

wangyu

Much too casual on the ball, his ball control should be inch perfect to make a difference, he loses momentum because of poor ball control. The frustrating part is he has that ability to direct the ball where he wants it but his sloppiness prevents it.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He did well today. That pass to Rashford was class.

I'd like to see him as a 10 with Fred and Sabitzer behind.

GlasgowCeltic

continuing at ten is definitely his best hope of being a success if its ever going to work out for him

mu4c_20le

He had some good moments in the first half linking up with Antony and roaming everywhere. Red card changed the game though.

The Oracle

My issue with Sancho is that he plays with a defensive mindset, instead of playing with an attacking mindset.

What I mean by that, is that he focuses more on not giving the ball away, by passing sideways and backwards, instead of running forward with the ball and PASSING THE BALL FORWARD.

Even without seeing his passing statistics, the eye test alone tells you the above is true.

Another issue with Sancho is that he is the highest paid outfield player in our team (https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/jadon-sancho-73226/), and that in itself creates two problems, the first being expectations – which wouldn’t be a problem if he performed well on the pitch.
The second problem his wages creates is that no other team will pay his astronomical wages of £350,000 a week.

Whether we like it or not, we are stuck with Sancho (currently a squad player at best, with no indications that he is going to improve beyond that), until 2026, or 2027 if United activate the extra year on his contract.

Another 3 or 4 seasons after this one finishes, is a long time for us to be with a player who is simply not delivering on expectations, and is showing little to no signs that he will ever do so.

spiriticon

We really need something more than just good close control and link-up play. Those two features are the bare minimum for every forward player. It's straight out of the Martial poor form excuse book...

And I'm not sure Sancho even meets Martial's standards for close control and link-up play.

edgecutter

Ole has a lot to answer for. Nearly every signing bar Bruno had been a catastrophe

Trex

I can't think of one elite player that play with so little fight as Sancho even Ozil/ Mata had more dog in them, absolutely pedestrian. He wants to play the game like he's playing against a bunch of 8 year olds were he can just outwit them except he isn't capable of pulling it off, and doesn't compensate with any effort. At the moment he is the absolute definition of a luxury player.

El Jefe

Lightweight, fat and lazy.

Been here for two seasons now and hasn't put in a single top class 90 minutes performance that I recall. He'll have a decent spell for 10-15 mins and spend the rest of the game doing sweet FA.

He's the type of player we made mocked Arsenal for signing in the past. But lets not be too mean to him as he might take the next game off with a cold or tummy ache.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Lovely pass to put Rashford through and one moment on the break where he took a nice touch with a perfect pass out wide. But otherwise he just wasn’t involved at all - which is the most disappointing thing. Needs to toughen up and if he can’t then he won’t suceed. Technically he lacks nothing

2Injurytimegoal

Worrying performance, Garnacho can take defender 1v1 and create chaos in the box, Antony has his only trick of left foot shot, but Sancho is doing neither.

Chinchy98

Not a good game today. I think he’s okay defensively when we are set in shape, he can keep the ball in tight areas and is generally safe-ish on the ball.

As soon as there is any stretch to the game, offensive and defensive, his influence on the game evaporates. Can’t cover the ground, can’t win duels, slow to react to turnovers. Just general lethargy in his play.

I think EtH has bought him time with the fans, but when the chips are down and you need your players to pull out of the fire, I’m almost certain JS will not be a player you would hang your hat on.

I think he will still be here come the dawn of the next season, I would imagine that he will be gone the season after next.

For all the top stats that he had in Germany, I do not remember a game where he has ever looked good enough to be here. Irrespective of the odd goal he may have gotten - his game play has been below par

Semigoodlookin

He just seems to really struggle with the Premier League. He either can't or doesn't want to be as physical as the league demands. I am not sure how that can change in the future as it is about personality and application rather than talent and ability. Can ETH convince Sancho that an extra 10% (or whatever) is needed at all times? I am not so sure. And if not, it is all on Sancho and not Ten Hag.

The Irish Connection

seems to have reached the point now where everyone is giving up on him which is understandable tbf. He just doesn’t seem to have any determination or aggression to his play at the minute. Ultimately we’re not a charity case, if he’s not mentally right to play at this level for this club then we’ll have to cut our losses. Reckon Dortmund would be massively open to signing him back.
Exactly. I have massive sympathy for mental health issues but if you’re getting paid huge money at the highest level in sport you need to produce or be moved on to a club with less pressure.
I’m still not happy with our right wing and I hope big decisions will be made about it.

SATA

Not sure if it’s just the intensity of the Premier league as he didn’t look really good in Europe for us either. I have not given up hope of him yet but he needs to show something sooner than later. For me he has a third season to prove his worth. I know we say this often but he’s too talented a player not to

Status
Not open for further replies.