5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSV

Since we're stuck with him regardless due to wages I hope ETH can work some summer magic.

redshaw

He had that Monday morning teen look after being awakened for school when getting ready to come on.

Bobski

He bottled 6 or 7 tackles in 30 mins. Impressive.

Doesn't have the mentality, too soft and passive and unless that changes it is a waste of time for both parties.

El Jefe

Question really does have to be asked what was the point of his bootcamp. Before I'm told that it was mental, ETH clearly stated it was for physical work too. He's come back and has been the same player we'd seen for the previous 18 months.

Thr biggest mistake we continuously make at this club is keeping players too long. Sancho and a few others should be out the door in the summer. Nothing is going to change, he's not fit for the PL, especially not for a top side.

spiriticon

One day, he will realise that link up play has to go forwards for us to score a goal.

jem

Absolute shambles out there. I honestly think he looks no better than Jesse Lingard.

HarryP

What to do with Sancho?
Nothing much that can be done with the wages he's on, no one will pay a transfer fee for him on top of that salary.

But I still think he can do better next season if we upgrade our team in other positions. He's better suited to playing when the team is on top and he can unlock things with his ability in tight situations.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Ok my observations of him as a player:
  • Body type is commonly referred to as skinny fat.
  • Has zero muscle tone or strength.
  • Looks like he lives off cereal and haribo.
  • Has no running power, can't maintain a sprint, certainly can't sprint one way, stop, then sprint back.
  • No guile in his game, doesn't like contest, doesn't like any kind of confrontation. All a defender has to do is stand him up and he'll back down and play it backwards.
  • Finishing is very average, can only side foot the ball, cannot use his laces.
  • Passes are alway under hit, again he has very little physical power so they always seem to pull up short.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's not cut out for football in England. Always seems surprised by the pace of the game

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Ok my observations of him as a player:
  • Body type is commonly referred to as skinny fat.
  • Has zero muscle tone or strength.
  • Looks like he lives off cereal and haribo.
  • Has no running power, can't maintain a sprint, certainly can't sprint one way, stop, then sprint back.
  • No guile in his game, doesn't like contest, doesn't like any kind of confrontation. All a defender has to do is stand him up and he'll back down and play it backwards.
  • Finishing is very average, can only side foot the ball, cannot use his laces.
  • Passes are alway under hit, again he has very little physical power so they always seem to pull up short.
Should have gone with

• He's shit.

Would have saved some time.

SAFMUTD

I gave up on him some time ago. He doesn't have what it takes he's a luxury player. Should take the hit and sell him.

spiriticon

He'd actually be ok at Futsal I think. Maybe.

Would think of changing careers after his windfall contract at ours runs out.

saivet

If he doesn't make it here long term, I don't think this will be the main reason but his lack of commitment to duels, both on the ground and in the air is so annoying. Ground duels that are near 50/50 or worse it looks like he goes into them thinking he won't win them, so barely challenges as if he's just making sure he doesn't get hurt. Another gripe I have with him (wingers in general too tbh) are players that don't challenge in the air or don't challenge with any purpose. It's not just a Sancho thing but he never seems to try and win headers. It's not always about winning them either, but putting off the opposition or being in a position to capitalise on a mistake.

Again, don't think these will be the factors to determine his trajectory but would like to see better in this regard, particularly with duels.

Sylar

I gave up on him some time ago. He doesn't have what it takes he's a luxury player. Should take the hit and sell him.
Luxury player is a good way to describe him. We have youngsters like pellestri, garnacho and even on loan amad who look like they will give more than him and have more bite and hunger about doing things to impact a game

EI Beatle

i thought Depay was one of Utd's biggest worst signings but Jadon is looking like a major headache for the club, i wouldn't be shocked if we end up paying 70% of his wages on his next move away

jem

I always hated the expression 'stealing a living' but if any player deserves it. How in the feck is he on the kind of wages he's on?

SAFMUTD

[bh, post: 30354150, member: 26997"]
Luxury player is a good way to describe him. We have youngsters like pellestri, garnacho and even on loan amad who look like they will give more than him and have more bite and hunger about doing things to impact a game
[/QUOTE]
You're right he doesn't even have the fight in him, I was so excited when we signed him boy I was wrong.

Can't stand him now I get when things don't happen for you but at least put on some effort. He's walking and jogging absolutely no blood in his veins. It's infuriating watching him when we're fighting for a result and he just drifts like he doesn't give a feck.

AFC NimbleThumb

I fully understand easing him back in but it’s time to give him the similar amount of rope Wout is hanging himself with. He may well fail, & by the looks of recent sub performances he may well, but I’d rather watch him fail week in week out than No.27.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What the feck is the Bundesliga if this lad and Weghorst are worth 35 goals a season between them there?

Roboc7

There’s no hope of selling him, loan back to Dortmund next season and hope he can be moved on after that.

AndySmith1990

At least when we're state owned we can bin him off without worrying about the loss of initial investment

Weak, passive and pulls out of 50/50s. Getting to that stage where I wouldn’t mind if he was moved on.

Sad as he was electric at Dortmund. Putting up numbers that were only bettered by the best in the world.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He hasn't had 1 decent full game for us since he came here. Sure he has produced some great moments but he doesn't have a single game where you could say "Wow. What a player this guy is." Worst of all he has no real fight in him.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Weak, passive and pulls out of 50/50s. Getting to that stage where I wouldn’t mind if he was moved on.

Sad as he was electric at Dortmund. Putting up numbers that were only bettered by the best in the world.
One season in German Weghorst scored 20 league goals. :lol:
Tells you all you need to know about stats from the Bundesliga.

Telsim

He is like a recurring nightmare you just can't shake off. And how could you when you decided to pay him 350k at 21?

Irwin99

What to do with Sancho?
Loan back to Dortmund next season? Unless he reinvents himself as a 10 here I just don't see how he works in our team and I don't see anybody wanting to buy him on those wages and for a big fee.

Silverman

I'm starting to worry he's not going to cut it. I'd still give him at least another season but he's going to have to start improving.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He needs to completely mentally refresh himself. He also needs to get to work on his conditioning, which is terrible for a professional athlete. Never mind one that's getting paid 350k per week.

From the outside it looks like he's struggling with something mentally, and because of this he's not putting in anywhere enough effort on/off the pitch.

There's no chance anyone is buying him based on his current form and his wages. There is obviously some talent there and whether or not it's what was first advertised doesn't really matter at this point, as there is still a level of talent to work with.

So United's best bet, IMO, is to get him on some intensive program once the season finishes - and hopefully he realises how much he wants this and puts the work in.

Status
Not open for further replies.