g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

I think some words have been said to him during the HT as he was much better. Even though some of the passes didn't come off, he actually put some effort in tracking back and tried to get involved more. That is the very least we should expect every single game.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There were a couple of moments where the pass was so clearly on for him to release a ball first-time, one for Bruno and a even apparent one for Martial. But Sancho just keeps hold of the ball for too long in those instances.
yep the one on the 52nd minute had me screaming

Sancho + Martial + Antony = the most nonchalant attack in the world :mad:

Mainoldo

He’s got 1 more season. I don’t care how ‘techi’ he is. He’s bloody ineffective!!

I knew what we was buying and this ain’t it.

saivet

He'll get slated again, and a lot of it will be deserved because the final pass or shot just wasn't really there, but I thought there were positive signs from him today.

A lot more intensity from him, more movement off the ball when we had possession, better application in defence, showed a bit of strength to hold onto the ball in a couple of situations where he's previously been shrugged off it. Also took more risks than he often does, and even if they didn't come off today, I think they'll start to if he keeps playing in that manner.
Yeah thought he was fine too, nothing to shout about but a solid enough performance that ETH will be satisfied with. Should have scored his early chance and probably should have scored later on (or passed to Bruno). Certainly has to be doing more though as being a 'good' player that fits into the team isn't what we paid all that money.

Bobski

There were some moments when he just has to give more but at the same time his ball continuity style was a really good fit with Bruno and Eriksen today and allowed some flowing attacks to be built.

kundalini

Sancho was ok against a poor Forest team. He looks such an ordinary PL player. Early chance but several Forest defenders between him and the goal, his shot lacked conviction. Another shot late on that was off-target. One key pass. Dispossessed twice, 75% pass completion.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was pretty good tbh. He does bring a decent amount of qualities especially in terms of build up and link up, but his confidence around the box is rock bottom. Given we have 2 other left wingers out, it's quite good that we can have his level in still despite the absences. Way more that he is capable of and that's the frustrating part, but yeah. He'll stay here for the time being, so let's hope he can get it to click in time (very young still)

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he did ok on balance, it’s a step in the right direction. I thought he should have scored when he cut inside a put it over.

CM

Sancho's reluctance to take a chance worries me. He always looks to take a touch, slow it down and pass it on.

He needs more variance to his game. Go direct, take a man on, take a shot. He doesn't do any of those things at the moment.

BorisManUtd

Better 2nd half, can't give him more than 6 though, did not like his performance in first 45 minutes.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Sometimes you see a player struggling and you just know what's happenning, it's lack of skills, effort, athletism etc.
With Sancho, I just don't know. Even when he's doing something good you know nothing's going to come out of it. It's like he needs to double check every time if that's the best solution.

I have no idea if anything can be done about him. This wasn't the easiest game but also wasn't the hardest.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The type of game suited him.
You never feel like he can get away from any defender with pace though. It's always trickery and bits of clever footwork.

InfiniteBoredom

Good effort level today, but he really needs to up the aggression in attack. His confidence must be rock bottom now that he either overcomplicates or shirks from making that final pass/shot. The chance where he faced the keeper but tried to dribble past Navas somehow was tragic.

There’s a good footballer underneath, but the mental block on him is frustrating.

edgecutter

Once rashford and garnacho are fit he will become a very expensive bench player. He's not offering enough to say he should be kept around, and we should look to move him on if someone is stupid enough ahem...chelsea

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fortunately he improved from a shocking first half. However, he still dawdles too much on the ball and doesn't seem particularly decisive. I am just surprised at how average he has been.

SATA

Thought he was pretty good and silky in the second half. He’s more of a futsal player i think and would be absolutely great in a 5 a side team. That shot over the bar was also probably the hardest I have seen him kick a ball for us so far

I have a feeling he’s gonna score against Sevilla on Thursday

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Another good but not great game from him. Typically tidy enough for the most part but hesitates too often to pull the trigger or try something more audacious yet we've seen him be capable when he does try it. Just always leaves you feeling there's more he could do.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Decent but he needs to be quicker when releasing the ball. Our attacks slow down when he gets it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Starting to wonder if we’d be open to offers for him while his Dortmund form is still in recent memory. If we need to raise some cash, after Maguire - Sancho is next in line for me.

Rustyspider13

Sancho improved in the second half, but his overall game lacks intensity. It's not just about pace either. He seems unwilling to make something happen, to take responsibility himself. The one time he did, he shot over the bar. It was a bad strike but it was still nice to see him try something.

It's the main difference right now between him and Antony, Antony is more willing to try things, even if they don't come off. It's a slim chance that Sancho's mindset will dramatically change next season, but Rashford looked like he was ready to retire last year, so it can still happen.

Irwin99

Did ok I thought. Stayed on the pitch for the whole 90 too which is a very rare occurrence.

Biggins

He seems like a guy who is forced to go to work and just waiting to go home as soon as possible. There is clearly a great player in him but, in my opinion, he seems to not enjoy playing football.

DickDastardly

Second half was good.

Couple of times he pissed me off by not passing it sooner to Bruno.

Possession player, tidy, close space...

Gets along well with Bruno, those two need to play closer together.

I like him.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He is frustrating but there is clearly a player there just desperately short on confidence

he improved today but he needs more umph. I ain’t giving up on him yet though

Malone_Post

I bet he’s absolutely exceptional in 5 aside games. In PL matches, not so much. Lacks any kind of intensity or athleticism whatsoever.

Roboc7

Was better in second half after a poor first and ok overall in the end. It’s hard to see him being anything other than a very expensive squad player though.

Natener

So indecisive. With other players I would say that's down to confidence, but he looks good on the ball and can still beat players comfortably. So why is he still so indecisive even on a day when the team is playing well, winning and dominating the game for the most part? He had the luxury to take risks today and he didn't. It's also not likely he would be losing his place in the team when we have so many injuries to contend with at the moment. Whatever was wrong with his head that sat him out of the squad for so long does not seem like it's a matter of the past yet.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Second half was good.

Couple of times he pissed me off by not passing it sooner to Bruno.

Possession player, tidy, close space...

Gets along well with Bruno, those two need to play closer together.

I like him.
He doesn't really do early /reactive passes... He likes to be fully set before releasing the ball.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He should've played Bruno through with a relatively simple pass that puts him 1 on 1.

Didn't create much but looked after the ball better today, and didn't let things get him down like against Sevilla. Needs to build on this but more likely that he stays inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.