5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank White

I'm confused, not once did I say Sancho is better than Rashford. Just saying that Rashford should be getting attacked more than he has been because in a lot of games he has been invisible but because he contributed with a goal, everything else he has done for the rest of the game is forgotten! I am a huge Rashford fan and believe he can still take his game up another level or 2! If he does, he would be so frightening.

I just have high standards in terms of what I expect from Rashford.
Tbf he regularly does and it's not even unwarranted if you want more from your player rather than the odd goal (even though this season without his goals we'd be fecked) But what about Antony he offers way more in term of basically everything in comparison to Sancho does he not? Work rate, defensive duties etc... Not got the stats to hand but assume their output g&a wise is pretty close too unfortunately.

lex talionis

Sancho has had moments this season but even he must be thinking about the last 9 months and asking him WTF?

Dve

To me he's not doing anything different to what he was doing in Germany. When I watch those highlight videos people post, I see the same movements, the same intensity its just that the defenders in England are that much faster, stronger, and overall better. He's a lot like Depay in that he looked better in Europe than he did in the league, because the (mostly physical) standard is lower. He's never passed the eye test for me, although I do think he's very good at slipping those passes through the backline. When we were signing an English left winger Grealish was the one to sign.
No, I disagree. He was more direct and more decisive, and to me he looks more in balance in his movements.

Howl

No, I disagree. He was more direct and more decisive, and to me he looks more in balance in his movements.
Easier to be direct and decisive when you can beat your man. In English football, he hasn't been able to do it, other than when we play in Europe. Shows to me that he doesn't have the physicality to play in the Premier League.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Some whispers in the papers that Spurs are interested at 50m. United looking for 60m.

I'd move him in a deal for Kane nqat

honirelandboy

Maybe offer them Sancho and Maguire for Kane along with 50 million. Makes sense all round.

honirelandboy

That's crazy, I wouldn't take that as we would have to pay millions for loss of earnings to those two for their decrease in contract in a move.
If the players decided to move on they wouldn’t. Can’t see Both been happy going down to 130k so probably stuck with them.

Giggsy13

Some whispers in the papers that Spurs are interested at 50m. United looking for 60m.

I'd move him in a deal for Kane nqat
But spurs wouldn’t do that. They’d hope that Sancho and Son can both provide service to Kane. I would hold on to Sancho instead of selling at a cut rate price unless Ten Hag is convinced Garnacho, Amad or Pellistri are capable of stepping up.

hobbers

50m would be unreal levels of damage control given how bad he's been. Better than the Di Maria and Lukaku deals.

RuudTom83

EtH must be hoping the Premier League switches to a 5 a side league with all these so-called departures.

Ibi Dreams

I'd bite their hands off for £50m. It's not cut rate, it's more than reasonable given his performances over the last two seasons

Hughes35

Maybe offer them Sancho and Maguire for Kane along with 50 million. Makes sense all round.
That would be an utterly stupid deal for Utd.

Sancho is worth around 50 million
Maguire is worth around 25 Million
+ Million you mentioned

= 125Million. That would be a crazy amount.

romufc

Are people serious? Why on earth would you take £50m for Sancho? I get he hasn't shown much in his time at United but selling him for £50m is a joke.

The same people who want this will complain why we dont sell well.

Even Maguire, he is worth much more than that. He is an England 1st choice CB.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are people serious? Why on earth would you take £50m for Sancho? I get he hasn't shown much in his time at United but selling him for £50m is a joke.

How exactly is Maguire worth much more than that? It's hard to make the point that he is worth 50m let alone being worth much more than that. Would you say that he is currently worth more than Laporte during his prime,?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

How is it a joke? His wages are massive and he's shown absolutely nothing since joining.

romufc

How exactly is Maguire worth much more than that? It's hard to make the point that he is worth 50m let alone being worth much more than that. Would you say that he is currently worth more than Laporte during his prime,?
No he is not worth much to us, I agree but clubs like West Ham, Bournemouth pay £30m for below average defenders. No, but we dont know how much Laporte is going for either.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Yes, why would we entertain Spurs £50m when they wouldn't negotiate with us for Kane?
Because we shouldn't cut off our nose to spite our face.

If they want to be stupid and spend that much on Sancho, so be it.

JPRouve

Scout
No he is not worth much to us, I agree but clubs like West Ham, Bournemouth pay £30m for below average defenders. No, but we dont know how much Laporte is going for either.
Why would any of these teams pay more than 30m for a 30 years old and below average CB? Keep in mind that you suggested that he was worth much more than 50m not 30m.

romufc

Why would any of these teams pay more than 30m for a 30 years old and below average CB? Keep in mind that you suggested that he was worth much more than 50m not 30m.
No I think you are confusing yourself, or I was unclear. Maguire 25m is nothing and Sancho at £50.

I would say we will probably demand more than £30m for Maguire and Sancho more than £70m

JPRouve

Scout
No I think you are confusing yourself, or I was unclear. Maguire 25m is nothing and Sancho at £50.

I would say we will probably demand more than £30m for Maguire and Sancho more than £70m
I didn't see the post above yours but still Maguire at 30 years old isn't worth much more than a Kurt Zouma that was younger and on an ascending curve. And Sancho is definitely not worth 70m in 2023, there is no reason for anyone to convince themselves of such a thing. you wouldn't defend the idea of United purchasing him for that price after struggling for two seasons.

romufc

I didn't see the post above yours but still Maguire at 30 years old isn't worth much more than a Kurt Zouma that was younger and on an ascending curve. And Sancho is definitely not worth 70m in 2023, there is no reason for anyone to convince themselves of such a thing. you would defend the idea of United purchasing him for that price after struggling for two seasons.
Fair, you can get £10m on top just for English tax, say what you will, Maguire and his PR team still can fetch a fee of £30m imo.

In respects for Sancho, Chelsea wanted £60m for Havertz and want £70m for Mount. You can get that price, considering a backup would cost us £60m anyway.

JPRouve

Scout
Fair, you can get £10m on top just for English tax, say what you will, Maguire and his PR team still can fetch a fee of £30m imo.

In respects for Sancho, Chelsea wanted £60m for Havertz and want £70m for Mount. You can get that price, considering a backup would cost us £60m anyway.
Havertz has been better than Sancho and no on actually offered them £60m, they want to keep Mount who was their player of the year twice in the past 3 season, and no one actually offered £70m. Also it's not because a club want a certain amount that a player is worth it, more often than not the player isn't worth it.

Kaos

Sancho is a better player than Antony. There I said it. Sue me
Better technical player? Perhaps.

Better for the team? I don't think so. Antony gets a lot of stick and rightly so but he's a far more useful player for us currently - better defensive work, and is our only winger comfortable with hugging the right flank, Sancho's competition as it stands is both Rashford and Garnacho, both of whom he's behind in the pecking order IMO.

If we offload Sancho we'd still be relatively comfortable with our options on the left, though if we bin Antony we'd have to play Rashford right (his uncomfortable side), and hope Pellestri and Amad come good for us immediately. But that's all elementary since we're obviously not selling Antony.

In all honesty I wouldn't mind selling Sancho for £50million, especially if it means we can invest it in our parts of the pitch we're lacking in. From what I've seen these couple of years, I don't think he'd be missed.

Marcus

The definition of a passenger. We need players who lift the team, not play well only when the rest of the team is playing well.

romufc

Havertz has been better than Sancho and no on actually offered them £60m, they want to keep Mount who was their player of the year twice in the past 3 season, and no one actually offered £70m. Also it's not because a club want a certain amount that a player is worth it, more often than not the player isn't worth it.
Havertz has been better than Sancho? how so? anyway, setting a price at £50m means means teams will bid £30/40m, like we with Mount will probably bid £50/60m.

So Spurs dont want Sancho because he is too cheap?

JPRouve

Scout
Havertz has been better than Sancho? how so? anyway, setting a price at £50m means means teams will bid £30/40m, like we with Mount will probably bid £50/60m.

So Spurs dont want Sancho because he is too cheap?
He has generally been a better footballer and has helped his team win a CL, he does have shortcomings when used as a striker but it was never his position in the first place. Sancho has done nothing for United, there isn't even an honest way to make his past two years look better.

And you made the point that he was worth 70m, the discussion wasn't about what negotiation strategy you may or may not use but how much the player is worth. If we are being honest he isn't worth 50m in 2023, he isn't worth more than Zaha in 2014. We won't sell him for that price but there is no way to justify a higher price unless you ignore the past 2 seasons.

hobbers

But in the real world they are both terrible players getting paid way above their worth every week.

Same as Di Maria. It didn’t work and we got lucky. 50m for Sancho would be a miracle, nothing short

Redstain

I think Sancho is going to be nothing more than a system player in England. He'll need the right conditions around him to succeed (overlapping fullbacks, movement in his attacking zones, the right offensive shape so he's not isolated). The problem is Garnacho being totally opposite is knocking at the door for the left hand side of the field and Antony is ETH preferred option on the right likely due to being his statement signing.

It's really hard to see how Jadon develops because I reckon if the team performances improve, he will improve but then there's this possibility of him just staying at the same level which would hamper United's attacking threat. When speaking with oppo fans they genuinely recognise United's progression but the attacking players are the ones letting the club down.

Either way I wouldn't be redundant to losing Sancho, I think the club could think it competitive to go with 65 million and look at someone like Chiesa as a replacement. There's no shortage of good left sided attacking players.

Last edited:

OoohAaahCantona

We should cut our losses on Sancho he does not deserve another year of football at this club he really doesn’t care in my opinion about his fitness or making it here, hear me out..

I follow this controversial guy on instagram who is minted he is name is ‘Kikistunting’ I won’t discuss how he became minted but a quick google search shows you how he makes his money and it is widely known what he does in these types of circles.. in his most recent picture on the last slide Sancho is pictured partying.. look at him, he looks like a right

It’s off season now and every footballer should have some downtime to relax and do stuff they shouldn’t be doing whilst the season is active but this guy has been missing for MONTHS overseas to apparently get his head sorted and fitness levels.. my man is out is the US partying his head off having a ball whilst he should be back in England with a PT and some coaches working on making it at this football club who have bent over backwards for him.

He doesn’t care because he’s not in a job where the common man in the street are, where you can be dismissed on performance based related issues. He is in a job where his employer paid tens of millions for him and if they want to just get rid of him will also have pay out his remaining employment contract which also runs in the tens of millions.. he knows this hence why he doesn’t care one bit whether he makes it here or not.

If we can get £50m for him cut our losses and do it. He does not have the physicality or the pace to make it out wide and for god sakes stop targeting these type of players for the wings.

OrcaFat

But in the real world they are both terrible players getting paid way above their worth every week.

Same as Di Maria. It didn’t work and we got lucky. 50m for Sancho would be a miracle, nothing short
That’s a tiny bit harsh. They are good players but not really good enough for us or to justify their salaries.

As another poster said (somewhere in this thread), we have to ask how much we would be willing to pay for Sancho and that will be a clue to how much we might get for him.

Thinking about it, I just wouldn’t want us to buy him at all but a team such as Villa, or Everton, say, might pay £40m.

I agree with you that £50m would be a miraculous deal for us.

Cloud7

Sancho has demonstrated two seasons of below average to crap performances in English football. It doesn't matter what we paid for him, what he is worth right now is far, far less.

justboy68

Selling him for £50 million would be excellent for us. We wouldn’t lose out on basically anything and could strengthen in a much needed area. Sadly I don’t think anyone will be stupid enough to offer it and even if they didn’t they’d probably require us subsidising the obscene wages somehow reducing the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.