5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

I hope Sancho is training hard right now. Given his performances over the last two seasons, and the three month layoff, he has every reason in the world to take advantage of this time right to get his body and mind into shape for the team training that is to come.

CloneMC16

He should be sold tomorrow if there is serious interest in him. He's the type of player that we continuously allow to stay that don't perform.

Castia

It would be really dangerous to sell him this summer.

It's not sure whether we can buy a new striker and if we sell him, we would only have 3 players for 3 spots, Rashford, Antony and Garnacho/ I don't count Martial at all in this.

Even if we buy a striker I think by sellin Sancho we would be too short in front so I'd keep him for another just to rotate.
But if we raised 50m from Sancho the likely outcome is we replace him

Keeping hold of a poor player because we’re short on numbers is leading to absolutely nothing

50m for Sancho and 20 for Elanga and suddenly we can buy a decent attacker for 70m

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
United selling Sancho, especially to a PL rival, would be a very stupid move.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think we would actually make the team we sell him to worse, so if it can be one of our top 4 rivals - even better. If we can make top dollar while doing that then we should pull the trigger and and laugh.

Not that I actually believe anyone is willing to pay £50m for him. The best we can hope for is a team taking him on loan and covering his wages.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Watching him for Dortmund a few times, he absolutely ran the show as a very young player against good opposition. It is clear based on comments from Ten Hag that he has had personal issues, and I hope as an England supporter he is able to overcome these and get up to his best in the Premier League.

That said, the fee Manchester United paid of over £70m was very high, added to this the extraordinary reported wages (most credible sources citing £300k/pw) means he is extremely difficult to move on, even if a buying club matches his transfer fee.

If the wages are close to the reported figure, this means the player is earning £15m+ per annum for another three years.

This leaves £45m in wages to pay, plus potential loyalty bonuses, performance bonuses and the remainder of the amortised transfer fee (£14.6m per season over three seasons - so £43.8m).

Manchester United are in a hole for over £90m with this player. They can either try and offset some of that by selling the player and recouping a portion of the transfer fee, plus paying the “difference” in wages from the pay cut he’ll have to take to move - OR keep him and hope he picks up form.

I personally think they’ll take the latter option and hope he comes good. Mainly because I don’t think anyone will come close to matching his wages, and the Glazer’s will balk at having to pay him £150k or so per week to play for a rival.

There’s maybe five clubs in the world who could afford to sign up and match his wages, and given he has been a relative flop so far, I don’t see why they’d want to.

I think he’ll stay.

RuudTom83

He has been disappointing but United shouldn’t give up on him just yet.

EtH needs more time to get the best out of him…maybe a proper CF would help.

Either way it’s soo difficult for United to buy players, let’s not get rid of such a talented kid like Sancho.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I've said it before, he's going nowhere due to the wages he's on.

All we can hope is that we get a functional 9 and Sancho gets reborn as a result.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Any football player that relies on others to play well is not good enough period, let's stop thinking he needs this and that, same was said about a certain Pogba and Maguire only for us to later realize they just don't cut it at this level of competition.

Sancho looks lost, he needs to find the hunger to fight and play football again with no fear, only him can save himself not a striker or Right Back.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is very visible when he is not up for it and that indirectly causes people to think he has a huge issue. Compare that to someone like Bruno that despite having a bad game, he keeps going and moaning. Sometimes you need that to be United player. A thick skin.

OleGunnar20

Would be delighted to see him sold. Even in a world where we can't sign a replacement, that's fine. Give his minutes to Diallo, Garnacho, hell I'd rather see Pellistri given a shot.

The guy looks like he can't be arsed half the time, and useless the other. A real shame.

Of course we won't sell him so I hope he makes me look like a right fool and tears it up next year.

Howl

He has been disappointing but United shouldn’t give up on him just yet.

EtH needs more time to get the best out of him…maybe a proper CF would help.

Either way it’s soo difficult for United to buy players, let’s not get rid of such a talented kid like Sancho.
I'm not saying your wrong but this mentality was one of the problems we had with Pogba. Always needed another player or system to unlock his ability. Should have cut our losses with him earlier as we should do now with Sancho. Try flog him off to a Barca or maybe Inter needs another ex United player.

romufc

My bad for misunderstanding. Yeah I agree with that
I get what people say... he hasn't shown it, Maguire is the worst ever.. yet there is a very high appreciation for Maguire in England..

Would you not agree that in England people rate Maguire? So why are we so quick to sh** on it and not use it to our advantage? yes we may as United fans think he is worth £10m but the wider football people don't.

Villa, West Ham, Spurs all could do with him. When we played counter attacking, low block football, he was one of our best, for England when he plays the sit deep counter attacking he looks fine.

Sancho is 23 and he has alot of talent, Liverpool have sold Solanke and Ibe for £25m +. Newcastle signed Anthony Gordon for £60m.

Cloud7

Any football player that relies on others to play well is not good enough period, let's stop thinking he needs this and that, same was said about a certain Pogba and Maguire only for us to later realize they just don't cut it at this level of competition.

Sancho looks lost, he needs to find the hunger to fight and play football again with no fear, only him can save himself not a striker or Right Back.
Fully agree with this. I hate this line of thinking that a player may be good for us if they have the right players around them. When you look at our history of wide players; Ronaldo, Giggs, younger Rooney, Nani, Valencia, Beckham, Rashford they were all good enough regardless of the players around them. Hell, Rashford has pretty much carried our attack for most of this season. If you're good enough you show it, regardless of the players around you.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I get what people say... he hasn't shown it, Maguire is the worst ever.. yet there is a very high appreciation for Maguire in England..

Would you not agree that in England people rate Maguire? So why are we so quick to sh** on it and not use it to our advantage? yes we may as United fans think he is worth £10m but the wider football people don't.

Villa, West Ham, Spurs all could do with him. When we played counter attacking, low block football, he was one of our best, for England when he plays the sit deep counter attacking he looks fine.

Sancho is 23 and he has alot of talent, Liverpool have sold Solanke and Ibe for £25m +. Newcastle signed Anthony Gordon for £60m.
Maguire is not very good at all and I'd say most football fans would agree with it. He is far too slow, has the turning circle of an oil tanker and is not great on the ball either. If Spurs signed him I'd be wondering what the hell we were doing as he is no better than what we have and what we have is mostly terrible.

romufc

Maguire is not very good at all and I'd say most football fans would agree with it. He is far too slow, has the turning circle of an oil tanker and is not great on the ball either. If Spurs signed him I'd be wondering what the hell we were doing as he is no better than what we have and what we have is mostly terrible.

Yep, what I can also tell you is football fans are very fickle too. Most football fans would have told you that Conte is an amazing manager and would win Spurs something and challenge...

Most football fans in this very forum 3 years ago were crying why Manutd wouldnt pay 110m for Sancho because he is the real deal, want him gone for less than £50m.

Most football fans season before said.. Rashford would never find form again.

We are not selling to fans, we are selling to football clubs who have managers and whatever you may think, managers do rate Maguire, maybe not the top 6 but mid table

Mmm-Qatarian

I think Sancho has honestly just not been as bad as most people make out. He's not justified the price tag, sure, but his output this season has been fine.

I'm pretty sure one of his issues is that he's not explosive, so what he does do isn't typically as noticeable as someone like Garnacho.

Put it this way, he wouldn't be one of the players I'd be looking to get rid of this summer and if we do we'd be fecking mental not to absolutely take the piss with our asking price for him. People who insist that we should just take whatever's being offered and run need to realise that this is exactly how you stop being able to sell your players for decent fees.

Mmm-Qatarian

Yep, what I can also tell you is football fans are very fickle too. Most football fans would have told you that Conte is an amazing manager and would win Spurs something and challenge...

Most football fans in this very forum 3 years ago were crying why Manutd wouldnt pay 110m for Sancho because he is the real deal, want him gone for less than £50m.

Most football fans season before said.. Rashford would never find form again.

We are not selling to fans, we are selling to football clubs who have managers and whatever you may think, managers do rate Maguire, maybe not the top 6 but mid table
I'm completely perplexed by the attitude some people have to us selling players. As you've said, whatever fans might think of these players, we've got reputable sources stating that there are Premier League sides interested in both Maguire and Sancho. Why in the feck we would contemplate letting them go for a pittance with this information in mind is a complete mystery to me.

When a wealthy club (which, honestly, applies to the majority of Premier League sides now) expressed interest in your players, it makes absolutely no sense to just allow them to have them for a shite lowball fee right from the off. This is especially true when one of those clubs also has a target of ours which they're (understandably) being very difficult about. You've got at least a bit of leverage there, and you want to piss it away and sell your players for a fee that doesn't reflect their worth? I find it absolutely nuts.

Stacks

I think we could still sell him for 40/50 this time next year if he hasn’t kicked on. It makes more sense for us to hold on. He still has insane potential in the right setup and there will always be a few clubs that will take a punt.
why does he have insane potential? Are you seeing something Im not?

Stacks

I think Sancho has honestly just not been as bad as most people make out. He's not justified the price tag, sure, but his output this season has been fine.

I'm pretty sure one of his issues is that he's not explosive, so what he does do isn't typically as noticeable as someone like Garnacho.

Put it this way, he wouldn't be one of the players I'd be looking to get rid of this summer and if we do we'd be fecking mental not to absolutely take the piss with our asking price for him. People who insist that we should just take whatever's being offered and run need to realise that this is exactly how you stop being able to sell your players for decent fees.
output fine for who, A team that wants to finish bottom half of the league? If dudes like Sancho stepped up and supported Rashford we would of been close to Arsenl atleast. Garnacho was better

Mmm-Qatarian

output fine for who, A team that wants to finish bottom half of the league? If dudes like Sancho stepped up and supported Rashford we would of been close to Arsenl atleast. Garnacho was better
He's got 0.48 goals + assists per 90 minutes in the league this season, which I'd argue is at the very least a passable level of output from a Premier League winger. Jack Grealish has 0.53 at City to give some context to this.

I understand that there's more to it than just numbers but, even when he's playing very very far from the best that we saw of him at Dortmund, Sancho is still a decently productive wide player. People arguing we should be accepting anything less than 50 million for him (I wouldn't even accept this) are fecking mental in my view.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He's got 0.48 goals + assists per 90 minutes in the league this season, which I'd argue is at the very least a passable level of output from a Premier League winger. Jack Grealish has 0.53 at City to give some context to this.

I understand that there's more to it than just numbers but, even when he's playing very very far from the best that we saw of him at Dortmund, Sancho is still a decently productive wide player. People arguing we should be accepting anything less than 50 million for him (I wouldn't even accept this) are fecking mental in my view.
This is why stats in football are sometimes pointless.

If you ask 100 managers who they would take this season in hindsight, all 100 of them would say Jack Grealish. This season, the latter is levels above Sancho in terms of threats to the opposition, rhythm, dribbling, goal scoring threats, etc.

Mmm-Qatarian

This is why stats in football are sometimes pointless.

If you ask 100 managers who they would take this season in hindsight, all 100 of them would say Jack Grealish. This season, the latter is levels above Sancho in terms of threats to the opposition, rhythm, dribbling, goal scoring threats, etc.
I'm not trying to argue that Sancho is better than Grealish, I'm simply making the point that his output this season is not as awful as some are making it out to be. The stats I used to demonstrate this were goals and assists as well so, whilst I agree they don't paint the full story, I don't think anybody can make the argument that they're of no relevance whatsoever when evaluating an attacker.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Fully agree with this. I hate this line of thinking that a player may be good for us if they have the right players around them. When you look at our history of wide players; Ronaldo, Giggs, younger Rooney, Nani, Valencia, Beckham, Rashford they were all good enough regardless of the players around them. Hell, Rashford has pretty much carried our attack for most of this season. If you're good enough you show it, regardless of the players around you.
It is laughable. It may ring somewhat true for a forward if they are your typical target man and don't get any service from midfield, in that case you may expect them to struggle getting return for you as they don't get opportunities, winger is however one of the positions where your teammates should not really influence your level of play that greatly. To some extent, possibly, but to justify Sancho's dreadful performances with not having the exact full back, midfielder and striker he needs to thrive is just poor excuses.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'm not trying to argue that Sancho is better than Grealish, I'm simply making the point that his output this season is not as awful as some are making it out to be. The stats I used to demonstrate this were goals and assists as well so, whilst I agree they don't paint the full story, I don't think anybody can make the argument that they're of no relevance whatsoever when evaluating an attacker.
Also if Sancho was playing in that city team he’d have more space, better players around him and better stats. I’d wait for the team to actually click before casting him out. I think having a strong intelligent striker to play with will be a game changer for the team and our wide players who like to cut in.

Dannn411

We are not going to be able to move him because of those crazy wages. If I were the club I would be pushing for a renegotiation to slash those wages in half.

In Rainbows

I'm also open to selling him, but it's also worth noting that he's actually a better dribbler than Garnacho when he decides to dribble. His problem is his mentality that dissuades him from attempting to dribble. If he were to attempt more dribbles, he would be as dangerous as Garnacho when dribbling at the very least. Garnacho is inefficient in dribbling.

honirelandboy

Your not going to get much better for 50 millon, unless we have a replacement lined up and good to go gonna have to keep him.

GBBQ

I agree to a degree but at the same time what use would beckhams crosses be with no one on the end of them. Sancho has definitely shown better than what we’ve seen of him so far and given the investment and young age I’d like to keep him for one more season with a proper number 9 to see if his link up play comes to the fore.

I don’t really think Spurs will pay 50 mil plus his current salary any way.

wangyu

Everybody blindly stares at statistics but that doesn't mean a thing. What I see is a winger unwilling to take on his man for 2 straight seasons. The way he dilly dallies when he enters the opposition box and still manages to be very predictable is unworthy of his price tag. For all I care he scored 20 goals that still would not make him a good player imo

The same applies for Antony but he gets a second season to show his worth.

I'd much rather see someone like Zaha on the wings who is very unpredictable and brave. The only thing a winger has to do is draw opposition players to him, cause panic as he actually takes them on and get balls in the box.

Sancho has fine technique but maybe he should be played elsewhere on the pitch because this simply isn't working out.

Nickelodeon

Stats can be very misleading tbh. And it could go both ways for Sancho. He could've had 3/4 assists in the Chelsea game itself.

Having said that, the reason why most posters are good with selling him off is the consistent nothingness that he provided game over game. It's a shame that he started to look good in the final few PL games but then the season got done.

Given we're such poor sellers, firstly I don't believe we can get 50 million for him. Secondly, no one is going to pay him those wages and finally, why would he want to go to Spurs rather than proving himself here and playing in the CL.

hobbers

If sancho was in City’s squad Pep would drop kick him back to Germany even faster than Sane.

Jeffthered

Give him till Christmas. If he is still sh**e then offload him, take the hit and get him off the wages book.

He should be doing everything he can to be a top player and get in that Euro 2024 squad. But he clearly suffers from Wiltshire, Lukaku, Lindgard etc syndrome of thinking that they are far better than what they are. We rarely talk about these players actually playing well. It's always about why they are not playing well.

Last edited:

Gordon S

Fully agree that he is a long way from being as awful as is the trend to think now. Underwhelming considering the high hopes we all had for sure. But he has not been awful.
But we have seen it before, haven´t we? The constant black and white hyperbole.
Rashford was barely a professional player about a year ago.
Shaw was fat and useless some time ago.
Lindelof was the worst player in the history of the club for a long time on here.

It´s Jadons turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.