5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Pretty good video. A key reason why he performed so well at Dortmund was that he had players on a similar wavelength. It's all well and good that he linked up and performed well with the likes of Haaland, Reus, Bellingham, Brandt etc. but we don't have those kind of players nor do we play similar football so he has to adapt and be braver in how he plays. That comes with confidence and he needs to pick get that back, there are clips from his Dortmund days where he's doing things I think he's scared to even try right now. I think he has the ability to make it work but with the likes of Rashford, Antony, Garnacho and Martial, he needs to do it sooner.

I think how he reacts to this break of him not being in good form and not going to the World Cup, will be a real indication of where things will go for him. He needs to use this break to improve his fitness, work hard in training and demonstrate to ETH why he should be stating, both in training and when he gets the opportunity on the pitch. If England and/or Brazil make the semi-finals, you'd think he'll be in line to start the league cup game and our first league game back and he has to show more from then.

Sylar

The Sancho/Garnacho problem reminds me a bit like Pepe/Saka. It might be best for United to move on from Sancho and give Garnacho the keys.
Interesting comparison. I remember watching Pepe and it seemed like he scored the odd goal here and there but when I watched him play he was flattering to deceive. It was like he did things to look busy but wasnt actually effective.
I get the feeling with Sancho where he seems to not want to take the man on, on the outside. And doesnt work hard off the ball.

Its his second season and even now I think we have a better player in Rashford for the left. And a better potential player in Garnacho.
So then he would be an understudy for the right (where I thought he was initially being signed for).

NoLogo

They make an important point in that video, a lot of people on here seemed to think that Sancho would be a 1 on 1 monster dribbler and beat FBs like they aren't even there, but even at Dortmund he didn't do that. Sancho is great if he can combine with other players, but not 1 on 1. This is going to be a problem under ten Hag I assume because at Ajax I think he expected his wingers to stay wide and be able to beat a man on the outside or cut inside and shoot, pretty much like the stuff that Antony is good at.

Garnacho seems to be a much better fit for that kind of task right now.

Strats

Hope he takes some time to improve his fitness while the World Cup is ongoing, if not his illness is keeping him away from exercise.

Shaw did look fitter(and played well) after being initially benched by Malacia. I hope Sancho takes the same route.

However, I do agree with the sentiment where his position as a right winger should be evaluated. I do find it an interesting thought to see if he can become a player in the mould of Bernardo Silva.

Not really sure if he has the right tools to become and effective winger in the system Ten Hag is implementing. The speed and direct approach in their attacking styles from Rashford and Garnacho is what we need from our wingers in my opinion.

Marwood

How does he use the winter break he's getting?

Works hard on his physique and comes back a better player. Or enjoys the time off a bit too much?

If I had to gamble I'd be going for the latter.

Stacks

Pretty good video. A key reason why he performed so well at Dortmund was that he had players on a similar wavelength. It's all well and good that he linked up and performed well with the likes of Haaland, Reus, Bellingham, Brandt etc. but we don't have those kind of players nor do we play similar football so he has to adapt and be braver in how he plays. That comes with confidence and he needs to pick get that back, there are clips from his Dortmund days where he's doing things I think he's scared to even try right now. I think he has the ability to make it work but with the likes of Rashford, Antony, Garnacho and Martial, he needs to do it sooner.

I think how he reacts to this break of him not being in good form and not going to the World Cup, will be a real indication of where things will go for him. He needs to use this break to improve his fitness, work hard in training and demonstrate to ETH why he should be stating, both in training and when he gets the opportunity on the pitch. If England and/or Brazil make the semi-finals, you'd think he'll be in line to start the league cup game and our first league game back and he has to show more from then.
He performed before Haaland, Brandt and Bellingham even got there. . Please see at the bottom of this post, clips of his 2019 season (pre Brandt, Haaland, bellingham) he was extremely brave and direct and what we thought we were signing.

They make an important point in that video, a lot of people on here seemed to think that Sancho would be a 1 on 1 monster dribbler and beat FBs like they aren't even there, but even at Dortmund he didn't do that. Sancho is great if he can combine with other players, but not 1 on 1. This is going to be a problem under ten Hag I assume because at Ajax I think he expected his wingers to stay wide and be able to beat a man on the outside or cut inside and shoot, pretty much like the stuff that Antony is good at.

Garnacho seems to be a much better fit for that kind of task right now.
Please see clips his debut season and tell me how his 1v1 dribbling looked and how FBs fared against him. This is for Dortmund also

supernaniskill

I was looking for an analysis on Sancho today and also came across that latest yt video that Bubz posted.

I really want him to thrive at United but EtH’s system is going to take another season at least to be set by which time he may have already moved on, thrown his toys out or be a bench warmer due to Garnacho / Antony keeping him out.

You’d hope seeing Saka play at the WC over him would rile him up enough to give him a kick up the arse! Especially after that Pre Euro 2020 video that’s resurfaced recently :(

RunTheTrap

Supports
Arsenal
I think you are reaching a bit with these comparisons. I been lurking on this forum for over 10 years and never did I see a thread comparing any of the above.
Not necessarily on this forum, but you would be surprised of the crazy stuff said on the internet.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

the_cliff

Andersonson

He was late with England u22 several times and eventually dropped. Was also late for Dortmund and for England senior. At United they call it illness

GledTheRed

He was late with England u22 several times and eventually dropped. Was also late for Dortmund and for England senior. At United they call it illness
Sounds like he's a bit of an unprofessional wanker, would explain him turning up fat after we signed him for 70 odd million.

Corey

I was looking for an analysis on Sancho today and also came across that latest yt video that Bubz posted.

I really want him to thrive at United but EtH’s system is going to take another season at least to be set by which time he may have already moved on, thrown his toys out or be a bench warmer due to Garnacho / Antony keeping him out.

You’d hope seeing Saka play at the WC over him would rile him up enough to give him a kick up the arse! Especially after that Pre Euro 2020 video that’s resurfaced recently :(
What video is this?

Dve

I'm not that worried about Sancho. He tended to be a slow starter most seasons at Dortmund as well, but then hitting form as the season went on. A bit unfortunate that he missed the last couple of games, but I expect him to step up in the weeks to come.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
His side through balls dont really work all that much in the pl. Its like his main skill.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'm not that worried about Sancho. He tended to be a slow starter most seasons at Dortmund as well, but then hitting form as the season went on. A bit unfortunate that he missed the last couple of games, but I expect him to step up in the weeks to come.
We are 13 games in, at the moment he doesn't look like he'll get game time let alone show form.

Dve

We are 13 games in, at the moment he doesn't look like he'll get game time let alone show form.
It depends how he utilises the WC break, which actually could be a little of a worry, as he doesn't seem to be the best trainer. Our best matches this season have been with Sancho - Rashford - Antony up front, and that could easily be our preferred lineup come January. But we'll see. 100% convinced, I'm not.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Remember reading he was late few times for training at Dortmund, cause he was playing games all night long, fell asleep, finned weeks wages, then, as his transfer was aproaching they stopped talking about it. Bastards.

BarryWinks

Remember reading he was late few times for training at Dortmund, cause he was playing games all night long, fell asleep, finned weeks wages, then, as his transfer was aproaching they stopped talking about it. Bastards.
I think you might be mistaking him for Dembele, who by all account was a terrible professional.

Roboc7

We should be considering trying to move him on already. Lots of talent but hard to see how he fits in and you’d expect competition for places to improve.

Trex

Ten Hag mentioned Rashford phoning in sick before Newcastle....he talked about drawing a conclusion about the attacking options availability.
It didn't sound like he bought the whole being ill stuff, with Ronaldo and Sancho as well.

saivet

As I said

Really disappointing if true. Perhaps he's been a bit lax in this aspect at Dortmund and England but has only gotten a slap of the wrist and now ETH is putting his foot down? On an individual incident the things mentioned don't seem too bad but if a trend is growing he needs to be shown that it's unacceptable.

I guess we'll find out one way or the other as if it is illness it will have been something relatively serious to keep him out for so long that we'll eventually hear about it. If it is serious, it would make sense to keep it under wraps.

If he was training alone we'd hear about that too.

Suspect there could be a bit of truth on both sides...there was some kind of genuine illness but ETH may also not be happy with him about something.

ETH has shown he'll allow a player to come back in after issues, more high profile with Ronaldo but also the same with Garnacho.

SuiiR7

As someone who was begging for this lad to join a couple of years ago, he has certainly been disappointing. I think he deserves a little more time but it just looks like his hearts not in it. If he can’t sort out whatever is going on with him soon he will just have to be left out of the team and maybe sold. It’s too early yet, we know there is an amazing player in there but we have to get it out of him.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Really disappointing if true. Perhaps he's been a bit lax in this aspect at Dortmund and England but has only gotten a slap of the wrist and now ETH is putting his foot down? On an individual incident the things mentioned don't seem too bad but if a trend is growing he needs to be shown that it's unacceptable.

I guess we'll find out one way or the other as if it is illness it will have been something relatively serious to keep him out for so long that we'll eventually hear about it. If it is serious, it would make sense to keep it under wraps.

If he was training alone we'd hear about that too.

Suspect there could be a bit of truth on both sides...there was some kind of genuine illness but ETH may also not be happy with him about something.

ETH has shown he'll allow a player to come back in after issues, more high profile with Ronaldo but also the same with Garnacho.
Well in Dortmund he got a slap of the wrist as you call it, pulled himself together and went on to have excellent runs of forms. That part is missing in Manchester, so for whatever reason they don't seem to get through to him there, while in Dortmund it worked.

saivet

Well in Dortmund he got a slap of the wrist as you call it, pulled himself together and went on to have excellent runs of forms. That part is missing in Manchester, so for whatever reason they don't seem to get through to him there, while in Dortmund it worked.
Guess we'll have to see how he reacts after the WC break

dinostar77

Good video, we definately dont have the runners from midfield that Sancho needs, nor the fullback to make those runs. As his key dribbles happen in transition moments (as the video explains), the problem for him is that ETH is making us into a more possession based side. Sancho is more of a wide playmaker than a direct winger.

Not writing him off at all, but i think we would have been better off with a pacey direct winger whos all about beating the fullback inside or outside and causing havoc.

Castia

Another flop

Poor attitude and for me way too slow to be a top wide player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A tweet by a fake ITK who deleted multiple tweets over his summer transfer scoops being wrong somehow knows about Sancho’s “attitude”. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.