Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Supports
Arsenal
The evidence is pretty clear - We rejected martinelli on four trials and decided not to sign him. For sancho, we clearly chased him relentlessly for 2 years and invested good money to sign him. Neither would had happened if we had not believed sancho is clearly the better player and has a higher ceiling.
All this talk about “ceilings” really grind my gears. I feel like it’s the “Fifaziation” of real life football. As if there’s an invisible arbitrary number that looms of a player’s head to signify their future. Football, like life, can come at you at any time. All it takes is a mistimed tackle, a bad loan move, or tragedy to derail someone’s potential. That’s why I don’t give much weight to it because it’s impossible to accurately gage.

Sancho has shown nothing to be considered a better player than Martinelli. You can call him naturally more talented, but better? Nah. Not for me.

What Sancho has achieved so far in his career from Germany is nothing short of amazing. But this isn’t Germany. He starts from zero like every other new signing should. I mean Sancho has been worse than Pepe. You could even argue Sancho has been a worse signing than Maguire. At least Harry had some good performances under his belt. You can’t really say the same for Sancho.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No you didnt. You just made a mistake with Martinelli. No club passes on a great young player because they already have one. You reckon Barcelona would say, forget about Neymar and Suarez, we have Messi.

I would love Greenwood at Arsenal to go along with Martinelli and Saka. There is no limit on clubs wanting high quality players. Especially at discount prices.

As for Sancho. How long before that young Spanish lad is preferred to him? And given he isnt an ETH signing I reckon ETH would have no problem phasing him out, now matter how much he cost or how much money he is on. Arteta did just that with Pepe. 'Surely our not comparing Pepe woth Sancho', well why not - they are both ineffective.
Yeah we did. End of story.

SAFMUTD

His time is running out, I like this meritocracy system from ten Hag I just hate we have such poor alternatives.

TheReligion

Abusive
No idea why the forum is currently littered with people saying he should be sold.

This place changes like the wind. Crazy.

Kag

No idea why the forum is currently littered with people saying he should be sold.

This place changes like the wind. Crazy.
Because they’re idiots. Selling Sancho is a non-starter.

We’ve barely got any attackers at the club as it is.

TheReligion

Abusive
Because they’re idiots. Selling Sancho is a non-starter.

We’ve barely got any attackers at the club as it is.
Irrespective of the last part he’s only 22 and has shown in parts what he can do. Give him a run with EtH and the coaches then judge him.

Be daft to champion selling him now

Nero

In 12 months time we'll be hearing all the usual, "I hold my hands up", "I admit I was wrong", "I owe him an apology".

AFC NimbleThumb

Do you believe its possible Man United are not beneath making mistakes & errors of judgement?

Wenger openly said he preferred Francis Jeffers as a striker to Ruud Van Nistelroy. Juventus sold us Thierry Henry thinking he wasnt any good. Wenger passed on signing Yaya Toure. Clubs make bad calls all the time. The coaches at Man United didnt rate Martinelli as a 15-16 year old can join the list of bad calls.

Martinelli's glass ceiling is miles ahead of Sancho. If you asked any major club which player would you prefer, the preference would be universal.
:lol:

Sancho has been god awful for United but the guy has gone to the likes of Barcelona on UCL nights & done bits.

I like Martinelli but feck me you Arsenal fans are insufferable.

AFC NimbleThumb

Irrespective of the last part he’s only 22 and has shown in parts what he can do. Give him a run with EtH and the coaches then judge him.

Exactly. This weird obsession with playing staff turnover just points to the FIFA’ication of fans these days.

Sancho has talent, EtH is a good coach, you’d think giving them time to work together might be a good idea instead of writing a 22 year old who we all know has the tools to do better.

Judas

Open to offers
If Dalot can be reborn under Ten Hag, De Gea can find his passing boots after ten years, Sancho will be absolutely fine. I’ve no doubt, but he’s clearly struggling right now and it’s fair enough to point it out. Wanting him sold is mental but that’s the Caf.

RedC

Martinelli's glass ceiling is miles ahead of Sancho. If you asked any major club which player would you prefer, the preference would be universal.
This makes zero sense, Sancho has had full seasons where he has performed far better than Martinelli ever has, how could his 'glass ceiling' be miles below?

AFC NimbleThumb

This makes zero sense, Sancho has had full seasons where he has performed far better than Martinelli ever has, how could his 'glass ceiling' be miles below?
Because he’s an Arsenal fan & the existence of their club/players is to be better than United.

Doesn’t help when United posters on here act like him & Saka are the second coming of Rooney & Ronaldo.

TheReligion

Abusive
Do you believe its possible Man United are not beneath making mistakes & errors of judgement?

Wenger openly said he preferred Francis Jeffers as a striker to Ruud Van Nistelroy. Juventus sold us Thierry Henry thinking he wasnt any good. Wenger passed on signing Yaya Toure. Clubs make bad calls all the time. The coaches at Man United didnt rate Martinelli as a 15-16 year old can join the list of bad calls.

You don’t half post some utter bollocks

TrueRed79

Lets be honest here. He's been useless since joining us. Saw him play a few times for Dortmund in the CL before we signed him and he looked good. No idea if he has the mental fortitude to turn his Utd career around, but he's been bang average in most games i have seen him play. Not wanting him sold but for the price we paid he better start producing the goods soon enough.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Lets be honest here. He's been useless since joining us. Saw him play a few times for Dortmund in the CL before we signed him and he looked good. No idea if he has the mental fortitude to turn his Utd career around, but he's been bang average in most games i have seen him play. Not wanting him sold but for the price we paid he better start producing the goods soon enough.
Useless is harsh, but he's certainly been disappointing.

For me, everyone was given a clean slate this season because last year everything seemed to be broken. He really hasn't kicked on though, despite having an abundance of technical ability.

Doesn't work hard enough. Nor is he brave enough on the ball.

TheReligion

Abusive
Which bit do you disagree with?
I’m talking about his posting in general. He’s just here to WUM and be a nuisance as per the Arsenal thread. Have a look.

In terms of this post?

The fact he’s saying definitively that Martinelli has a much higher ceiling than Sancho. I don’t like the selective memories people have with young players. 12-18 months ago Martinelli wasn’t doing a great deal and was being vastly overshadowed by Greenwood. Things can change pretty quickly and it also helps when a young player is in a stable set up and environment.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If a sportsman is ill for 2 weeks then it might be something more serious? If he's ill, he's not training so I guess another 7-10 days of recovery I assume. It's a shame as we're playing against weaker teams now and he could rediscover his form.

Carl

I’m talking about his posting in general. He’s just here to WUM and be a nuisance as per the Arsenal thread. Have a look.

In terms of this post?

The fact he’s saying definitively that Martinelli has a much higher ceiling than Sancho. I don’t like the selective memories people have with young players. 12-18 months ago Martinelli wasn’t doing a great deal and was being vastly overshadowed by Greenwood. Things can change pretty quickly and it also helps when a young player is in a stable set up and environment.
Fair enough, I'm not familiar with him. He'll disappear as soon as Arsenal start to struggle again, as per for Arsenal fans on here.

Carl

If a sportsman is ill for 2 weeks then it might be something more serious? If he's ill, he's not training so I guess another 7-10 days of recovery I assume. It's a shame as we're playing against weaker teams now and he could rediscover his form.
From Dortmund? :wenger:

OmarUnited4ever

Despite his underwhelming performances in recent times, I still have high expectations of him, not because of his fee, Antony cost the club more but I still see Sancho as the bigger talent and he has to get going sooner rather than later.

Son

:lol:

Sancho has been god awful for United but the guy has gone to the likes of Barcelona on UCL nights & done bits.

I like Martinelli but feck me you Arsenal fans are insufferable.
They have one great half season and then start telling us about how football should be played and how successful they are.

We all know City are winning the league regardless and Arsenal as they always did will fall well before the final hurdles.

Martinelli for example despite been lauded by them this season they will come to dislike as he will leave for a bigger club soon. This is the way of football.

crossy1686

career ending
The opposite actually. Pushing yourself physically to the brink constantly makes you more susceptible to illness and has a negative affect on your immune system. So he could just have a pretty bad cold he can't shift, or covid seeing as they've just stopped talking about that now.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

:lol: ffs, WUM.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Despite his underwhelming performances in recent times, I still have high expectations of him, not because of his fee, Antony cost the club more but I still see Sancho as the bigger talent and he has to get going sooner rather than later.
Talent is one thing. Mental strength and determination is another.

romufc

EtH has only been in charge few months, we need to allow him time to work with these players.

I want to see how he gets Martial, Sancho and the ones not going to the WC fit and integrated into his system.

This break will do some players good, Martial, Elanga, Garnacho, Sancho, McTominay, Iqbal, Lindelof, DDG are all going to stay and get drilled for 3/4 weeks.

Dont be surprised if we see a different Sancho post WC.

BarryWinks

I hate how many Arsenal fans are posting on here these days. There's one of them on every single thread, including United's player performance ones.

To the current discussion, I'm not one of Sancho's big fans around here but to say Martinelli is better or has a higher ceiling than him is pretty stupid. Don't even think you could say that for Saka, and he is definitely better than Martinelli.

Telsim

In 12 months time we'll be hearing all the usual, "I hold my hands up", "I admit I was wrong", "I owe him an apology".
I somehow doubt that. A lot. We will be wondering how to shift him instead.

LordSpud

Him and Antony are doubts for the Villa game. I would say he is holding off playing so hes good for the WC but seeing as he aint getting picked its a mystery!

acid_fuji

Him and Antony are doubts for the Villa game. I would say he is holding off playing so hes good for the WC but seeing as he aint getting picked its a mystery!
I don’t see any parallel universe where he would be going to WC after his performances.

Irwin99

Well at least he should be fresh for the second part of the season with no WC inclusion. Hopefully he uses this as motivation to get things back on track.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I'm a big critic of him but he is unlucky not to make the WC along with the likes of Harvey Barnes. Sterling,Rashford,Grealish etc haven't exactly been brilliant this season.

Skills

Snitch
I think it's fine he didn't make it. I think the penalty miss in the euros probably knocked his confidence and he took a while to get over that. I think england are bound to crash and burn anyways, so its good for him not to be associated with the car crash.

He's young enough to go as a starter next time around

Status
Not open for further replies.