5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elcabron

Lordy lordy but we need this guy back to his best asap. Like the proverbial new signing at this point.

Good and all as Rashford has been, he tends to deliver in a few moments during the game but can be rather poor aside from that. We need the best version of Sancho and fast.

romufc

Lordy lordy but we need this guy back to his best asap. Like the proverbial new signing at this point.

Good and all as Rashford has been, he tends to deliver in a few moments during the game but can be rather poor aside from that. We need the best version of Sancho and fast.
The good thing is we have 3 games in the cup before a PL game. It is going to be a good time to give some of our players a rest, also a good time to give Sancho minutes.

I expect him to start either against Forest or Reading.

Drizzle

Problem is that describes Sancho as well. Even at his best (for us) he's a moments player who only comes alive when things are opening up around him in attack. He's never helped control a game, even when playing well.

Hopefully Erik is working on that. Perhaps better fitness will allow him to be more involved and bring intensity to his game. My worry is that it's more of a mentality thing and that is much harder to work with.

If ETH does manage to improve his game it will be massive for us this season. His technique is potentially world class and he's still so young.

Elcabron

The good thing is we have 3 games in the cup before a PL game. It is going to be a good time to give some of our players a rest, also a good time to give Sancho minutes.

I expect him to start either against Forest or Reading.
Indeed good point, hopefully we beat forest in first game to make second tie less important.

Problem is that describes Sancho as well. Even at his best (for us) he's a moments player who only comes alive when things are opening up around him in attack. He's never helped control a game, even when playing well.

Hopefully Erik is working on that. Perhaps better fitness will allow him to be more involved and bring intensity to his game. My worry is that it's more of a mentality thing and that is much harder to work with.

If ETH does manage to improve his game it will be massive for us this season. His technique is potentially world class and he's still so young.
Yeah he has never done that for us, hopefully he can start as you say. Now that we are better in midfield with Casemiro hopefully that will help.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I just want to see him come back as a tough cookie. Give him Mane,'s (for example) ability to handle physical pressure and he'd be an enormous success as technically he has all the quality.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He's only got to sit back and look at our last two games and see there is a chance to take a spot in the team.

Whilst Rashford is best from the left, the form he's in suggests he will do things in any of the three positions.

There will also come a point where ETH surely addresses the fact Antony is offering a limited skillset and is not linking up with his fellow forwards well enough at all.

CM

Sancho's return will be a welcome one just for the fact that it should mean the end of moving Fernandes to the right wing anytime we're losing control of a game. That experiment has got to stop.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
When EtH said United have wasted millions upon millions on transfers over the years on players not mentally capable of wearing the shirt he was talking about this guy wasn't he.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I very much doubt he will get any playing time in the next few weeks. If he isn’t even ready to make the bench ahead of Mainoo in the league, I don’t see how he’d be ready to play in a League Cup semifinal. I reckon he will probably start playing late minutes being subbed in towards the end of February / early March and may be getting some of the less crucial / easier games around late March / early April.

Betson

I very much doubt he will get any playing time in the next few weeks. If he isn’t even ready to make the bench ahead of Mainoo in the league, I don’t see how he’d be ready to play in a League Cup semifinal. I reckon he will probably start playing late minutes being subbed in towards the end of February / early March and may be getting some of the less crucial / easier games around late March / early April.

Now that he is back in full training points to him mentally ready to resume his career and you would expect tom see him available from this week on.

He has been on a one to one training regime since the world cup , how out of shape would he have to have been not to be fit for action by now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Time to bring him back I think. Antony has been drab and full of errors, offensively and defensively
Defensively? not a chance. You can say his attacking output has dried up, but defensively he's very good.

VojjE

When EtH said United have wasted millions upon millions on transfers over the years on players not mentally capable of wearing the shirt he was talking about this guy wasn't he.
I mean... Di Maria, Sanchez, Lukaku, Ronaldo pt. 2, Schneiderlin, Depay, Mkhitaryan (and Pogba arguably) are more likely candidates.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Now that he is back in full training points to him mentally ready to resume his career and you would expect tom see him available from this week on.

He has been on a one to one training regime since the world cup , how out of shape would he have to have been not to be fit for action by now.
We don't exactly know what was wrong with him mentally and pointless to speculate either way, but we kind of knew he was out of shape to begin the season and looked completely gassed after 60 minutes every time he played. The issue with those individual training regimes in the middle of the season is that you cannot exactly ease a player in afterwards, all games are important from now on, there are no friendlies or early stage cup games where you can lose and it won't matter much. Reading game may be the one to give him some minutes but considering how awful he was prior to his absence, I definitely would not expect him to jump right into games and start playing significant minutes for a while.

It's also a case we've seen before many times where a player that is off for months suddenly becomes a savior in the eyes of the fanbase. Truth is pre-absence Sancho would not improve this team in any way and would arguably make it worse. Where he's going to be after his time off we do not know but crucial league / cup games will not be the place to test it for now. Once we get more comfortable in top 4, he will start getting more significant minutes off the bench and will probably start a few of the less important games. You don't freeze a player for 3 and a half months and then expect him to turn your season around.

Betson

We don't exactly know what was wrong with him mentally and pointless to speculate either way, but we kind of knew he was out of shape to begin the season and looked completely gassed after 60 minutes every time he played. The issue with those individual training regimes in the middle of the season is that you cannot exactly ease a player in afterwards, all games are important from now on, there are no friendlies or early stage cup games where you can lose and it won't matter much. Reading game may be the one to give him some minutes but considering how awful he was prior to his absence, I definitely would not expect him to jump right into games and start playing significant minutes for a while.

It's also a case we've seen before many times where a player that is off for months suddenly becomes a savior in the eyes of the fanbase. Truth is pre-absence Sancho would not improve this team in any way and would arguably make it worse. Where he's going to be after his time off we do not know but crucial league / cup games will not be the place to test it for now. Once we get more comfortable in top 4, he will start getting more significant minutes off the bench and will probably start a few of the less important games. You don't freeze a player for 3 and a half months and then expect him to turn your season around.
Agree with this , Sancho has never really pulled up any tree's since he has joined us and unrealistic to expect him to do so after a long break.

No guarantees even when he is back he will improve us in any way , but at least he will be another option.

Chief123

We need creative attackers but like Antony, Sancho too is more of a goal scorer than a creator. I don’t see how he’ll make much of a difference
Hope to god Sancho hits form and proves me wrong.
To be fair you’ve proved yourself wrong.

lex talionis

Antony has definitely opened the door for Sancho on the RW. I assume we're all in agreement that Rashford has solidified his hold on the LW, so we have two 90m+ wingers competing for the right side when Rashford is fit.

That said, I'd really like to see Sancho given a central role when Bruno can be rested.

Giggsyking

Antony has definitely opened the door for Sancho on the RW. I assume we're all in agreement that Rashford has solidified his hold on the LW, so we have two 90m+ wingers competing for the right side when Rashford is fit.

That said, I'd really like to see Sancho given a central role when Bruno can be rested.
I would definitely play all three of them instead of playing Martial or Wout

Bondi77

Looks like Sancho has put the work in as he is looking trim...hope it's not down to stress.

flappyjay

Agree with this , Sancho has never really pulled up any tree's since he has joined us and unrealistic to expect him to do so after a long break.

No guarantees even when he is back he will improve us in any way , but at least he will be another option.
I have to believe at the very least it's better than chucking Bruno to the right.

lex talionis

I would definitely play all three of them instead of playing Martial or Wout
Prime Sancho was pretty ridiculous, borderline insane.

Hopefully he's ready to start in of our cup games. Considering we really want to go through and not fukk around too much, perhaps something like this for the front line (assuming Martial is still in cryostasis) v Forest:

Rashford Wout Pellistri
Sancho

Bruno needs some rest, Eriksen needs some rest, Donny is out for the season and I don't think we want to chuck a youngster in the Bruno role. Pellistri has looked industrious, if not actually quite decent, at RW. Rashford could use a rest too but what I'm thinking is give Rashford the first half, Garnacho the second half.

Wout isn't particularly impressive, but the man deserves a chance to have a go at Forest.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Time for Sancho to come back from whatever feck training he's been doing and help us finish this season strong. We really cannot keep relying on Rashy alone.

Saaaanchooo!

croadyman

Time for Sancho to come back from whatever feck training he's been doing and help us finish this season strong. We really cannot keep relying on Rashy alone.

Saaaanchooo!
Can hear the Rocky theme music in head

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It's funny how he's obviously flopped but you could still pick out plenty of moments that show he has a potential world class level in him from his time here... Just purely mental with him. Hopefully he comes in fit and firing. Hope to see him Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.