Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I called him overrated while he was in germany. He had the stats but didn't pass the eye test.

Litch

Dont think we have any other option but to persist with him and hopefully ETH can influence his game positively over another season.
I think he'll be better when we sign a number 9, I think all our wingers have suffered without one...

dal

Ten Hag knows what he is doing, its why we have Antony, he maybe raw but you just trust him in possession and against his man, he will improve.

Sancho has the technical skills but not the mentality,

Mctominay, Fred, Martial, Sancho, Maguire, VDB. Get them out, £150 million should be easily doable maybe even 2 if we ask chelsea. Selling this many players hardly ever works, I dont know who takes Sancho either on his wages we will probably be stuck with him.

whitbyviking

Still think our best/only way to shift Sancho would be a part ex and swallow £10m of his wages, paid out as some sort of bonus, or deducted from the part ex valuation.

Dve

I called him overrated while he was in germany. He had the stats but didn't pass the eye test.
He used to have a low bottom level, but I don't agree he didn't pass the eye test. He was brilliant in many matches for Dortmund. Now, we see nothing of those wonderful details he did at Dortmund. He simply looks to have lost his touch. Maybe he needs a change. And United too.

Dve

Ten Hag knows what he is doing, its why we have Antony, he maybe raw but you just trust him in possession and against his man, he will improve.

Sancho has the technical skills but not the mentality,

Mctominay, Fred, Martial, Sancho, Maguire, VDB. Get them out, £150 million should be easily doable maybe even 2 if we ask chelsea. Selling this many players hardly ever works, I dont know who takes Sancho either on his wages we will probably be stuck with him.
Sometimes managers take chances on players that used to be good, but are struggling at the moment. Sancho is young, struggling to live up to the hype, but still already proven to have great potential, and worth a risk. Changing club has made a difference for many players.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Mkhitaryan, Kagawa & Sancho. All flourished at Dortmund and didn’t manage to take the step up/away from Dortmund (to be fair to Mkhi, he’s still seemingly doing alright in Serie A). How much did we give Dortmund for those 3?

El Jefe

We’re gonna need a LOT more from the wings next season if we’re hoping to be in a title race.
Neither are good enough and I predict in two seasons both will no longer be here.

That's not a big prediction for Sancho as the only thing not putting him on the chopping block is his insane wages.

As much as he's disliked, Southgate sussed him out very early. The writing should have been on the wall then because all the talents were competing against each other; Saka, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rashford and Sancho. He is miles behind them and I can only imagine how obvious it would have been at England training camps.

Sabbaticals, time off through 'sicknesses", lateness, everything has been there to let us know this guy is not up for it. Pulling out of 50/50s and playing at timid only further highlights that.

Malone_Post

Antony is far from crap. He needs better decision making but he is one of the few players in our team who os able to retain the ball when put under pressure. I have seen enough to believe that he will come good.

Garnacho is a real talent but will take some time to mature into a first X1 player. For now, he adds a lot of impact from the bench.
Sancho is a pussy, pulls out of every 50/50 and i dont really see what he brings. Can go through games and be invisible. Anthony on the other hand, even if he is having a bad game is visible, gets stuck in and has a nasty streak that we have been badly missing. No comparison between the two of them imo.
They’re both rubbish. Rubbish for different reasons, granted, but still rubbish. Neither will be here in a couple of years.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can't believe how poor he's been. How have we ended up paying almost £200m on two wingers who can't beat a man

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Mkhitaryan, Kagawa & Sancho. All flourished at Dortmund and didn’t manage to take the step up/away from Dortmund (to be fair to Mkhi, he’s still seemingly doing alright in Serie A). How much did we give Dortmund for those 3?
105m - of which Sancho cost 70. For me Sancho is by far the biggest disappointment. Not just because of the money but because he really looked like one of the best players in the world and he was a teenager. We’d chased him for years and the hype was insane. How he became such a nothing player should be studied by the great minds of our time, because it’s baffling.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
105m - of which Sancho cost 70. For me Sancho is by far the biggest disappointment. Not just because of the money but because he really looked like one of the best players in the world and he was a teenager. We’d chased him for years and the hype was insane. How he became such a nothing player should be studied by the great minds of our time, because it’s baffling.
This. He looked completely different at Dortmund. Confident and dynamic. Where the hell is that Sancho?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This. He looked completely different at Dortmund. Confident and dynamic. Where the hell is that Sancho?
That’s the issue, right there. He has absolutely no confidence and seems incapable of building any. Despite the manager bending over backwards to try and help him.

The crazy thing is he came into the game yesterday with the best possible preparation in terms of having his head in the best possible place. Some good performances - and goals - against accommodating opposition. The sort of ideal preparation for a big game he will only get very rarely in his career.

criticalanalysis

I’m noted as one of the most vocal supporters of the player, but there are some greater unknowns with him than Rashford that I can’t hand on heart vouch for him with - in fact, wherever his transfer thread is, I detailed his strengths and weaknesses as a player, but he’s gone way outside the weaknesses to the point I refuse to believe it’s just football related.

But:

- Rashford is a prime specimen of an athlete; Sancho literally looks like a boy in the men’s game out there. It was noted prior to him arriving that he was a circa 70min player in Die Bundesliga, let alone the PL, but the logical trajectory is of a player who gets fitter, stronger and more capable as he matures… not reverts to an even weaker and unfit version of himself. This is an oddity in itself and immediately alludes to something not being right.

- Rashford had a rougher ride of it coming up and out into the big bad PL; Sancho was a golden boy and star at a YWC and had had an immaculate trajectory… until he got here. Mentally, you have to wonder how this avalanche of scrutiny - he’s literally never experienced before - is impacting upon him. Has he plummeted because of pressure here, or is there more to it than that?

- Ole practically ruined Rashford continually playing him injured, but Rashford displayed a conviction of purpose in doing so at a manager’s behest; he literally put his body on the line and ended up risking his fledgling career in doing so. With regards to Sancho, his character has never bee questioned in that manner and there was never a time when his courage or appetite for physical warfare was examined. This isn’t about his size or being an idiot, but rather the dog in him; we’ve seen smaller, lighter players than him who are absolutely nightmarish to shake off, we only have to look at some of City’s frailer players and see how they put themselves about, or even Prime Barca’s techno midgets as examples. Not a single one of them ducks tackles or leaps out of 50/50’s; none of them can have a label of cowardice levelled at them. Sancho has really disappointed with what looks like an enormous character flaw.

It goes on to minutiae that doesn’t really need exploration, but all added together, paint a worrying picture to add to the bigger points above.

His talent simply isn’t in question, for me, but everything outside of it rightfully is.

I don’t think any of the above will matter ultimately if his head’s gone or not in it; I’m also not entirely sure what is to be done if the issue is as deep-seated as it seems to be. I reckon he gets another season regardless (FFP), so this time out and preseason are absolutely vital for him and his career as a big-time player. If he has to go elsewhere in ‘disgrace’ after what will have been 3 full years in the wilderness, his career trajectory will be absolutely ruined as we’re then talking him dropping to lesser clubs for at least a couple of years.
My ''hope' in Sancho for next season is almost based entirely on his Dortmund production, the very small sample sizes of technical excellence and decision making shown here, blind faith and ETH!

I don't disagree with your doubt and it's very worrying. In fact I'm pretty sure I've quoted you or vice versa regarding this very same thing. I'm also quite sure I'm repeating the same things I said last season with the hope that a summer, pre-season and a new manager would help him! Unless something drastic happens, he'll probably be here next year for now, so I can only remain optimistic because I don't really want to think of the disappointment again.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not too bad for the other 2 then, overall. Yeah Sancho came with some sort of marquee type hype. It’s been really disappointing to say the least

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
My ''hope' in Sancho for next season is almost based entirely on his Dortmund production, the very small sample sizes of technical excellence and decision making shown here, blind faith and ETH!

I don't disagree with your doubt and it's very worrying. In fact I'm pretty sure I've quoted you or vice versa regarding this very same thing. I'm also quite sure I'm repeating the same things I said last season with the hope that a summer, pre-season and a new manager would help him! Unless something drastic happens, he'll probably be here next year for now, so I can only remain optimistic because I don't really want to think of the disappointment again.
Yeah, the deja vu is real, albeit more reinforced than last season as this really will be last chance saloon for him.

Just hope he's not fundamentally broken; I won't be beating the same drum next campaign, fully aware he's on borrowed time.

Doracle

Yeah, the deja vu is real, albeit more reinforced than last season as this really will be last chance saloon for him.

Just hope he's not fundamentally broken; I won't be beating the same drum next campaign, fully aware he's on borrowed time.
I’d really like it if we could just leave him on the RW as well. It’s blindingly obvious he is far better that side at premier league level. Quite why ETH decided to play him LW in the cup final after he’d played (relatively) well RW against Chelsea and Fulham only he will know, but it was clearly the wrong decision.

Ludens the Red

They’re both rubbish. Rubbish for different reasons, granted, but still rubbish. Neither will be here in a couple of years.
Aye. Need to stop fooling ourselves as United fans about this mythical “first season bedding in” period. Top level attackers come to the prem and light the place up in season one and if they don’t we need to be ruthless and feck em off. Even at a loss.

MadMike

Aye. Need to stop fooling ourselves as United fans about this mythical “first season bedding in” period. Top level attackers come to the prem and light the place up in season one and if they don’t we need to be ruthless and feck em off. Even at a loss.
Like Salah, right?

hobbers

If we get a half decent no.9 Sancho will instantly become third choice on the left wing after Rashford and Garnacho. And fighting it out to be backup on the right wing with Amad.

He’s not going to outcompete Rashford, Garnacho or Antony at this point so his career here is all but over

justsomebloke

I’d really like it if we could just leave him on the RW as well. It’s blindingly obvious he is far better that side at premier league level. Quite why ETH decided to play him LW in the cup final after he’d played (relatively) well RW against Chelsea and Fulham only he will know, but it was clearly the wrong decision.
I'd qualify that to say the team looks better when he's playing off the right. I think that probably also has to do with how he's complemented by a very direct attacker on the opposite side (either Rashford or Garnacho), whereas when he's playing off the left, it's Antony on the other wing (who's at best a little bit of everything, and at worst a wide array of nothing).

Alfie092

We are far better with Sancho in the team.

No idea why he is constantly getting attacked. Players like Antony and Rashford should be getting attacked more!

Frank White

No idea why he is constantly getting attacked. Players like Antony and Rashford should be getting attacked more!
Surely you're on the wind up here? If not would love to know how you came to that conclusion?

Edit: Just read your post about Donny being the 2nd best midfielder in are team :houllier: clear to me now you watch football on a different spectrum to most so crack on with your barmy takes.

Alfie092

Surely you're on the wind up here? If not would love to know how you came to that conclusion?

Edit: Just read your post about Donny being the 2nd best midfielder in are team :houllier: clear to me now you watch football on a different spectrum to most so crack on with your barmy takes.
So the likes of McTominay and Fred are better Donny?

Frank White

So the likes of McTominay and Fred are better Donny?
Strictly talking United, then yes both have had games where they have at least looked like semi decent players. Whereas Donny has done the square root of feck all for us.

Also assuming Casemiro is #1 Bruno is by far and away better than Donny so god knows how a player that barely plays, and when he does is normally non existent is some how better.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Kids....don't do drugs.

Marcus Rashford with his 41 attacking returns is apparently worse than someone who didn't reach double figures yet again.

Take up another hobby. Football is beyond you clearly.

Howl

He used to have a low bottom level, but I don't agree he didn't pass the eye test. He was brilliant in many matches for Dortmund. Now, we see nothing of those wonderful details he did at Dortmund. He simply looks to have lost his touch. Maybe he needs a change. And United too.
To me he's not doing anything different to what he was doing in Germany. When I watch those highlight videos people post, I see the same movements, the same intensity its just that the defenders in England are that much faster, stronger, and overall better. He's a lot like Depay in that he looked better in Europe than he did in the league, because the (mostly physical) standard is lower. He's never passed the eye test for me, although I do think he's very good at slipping those passes through the backline. When we were signing an English left winger Grealish was the one to sign.

Alfie092

Kids....don't do drugs.

Marcus Rashford with his 41 attacking returns is apparently worse than someone who didn't reach double figures yet again.

Take up another hobby. Football is beyond you clearly.
Numbers is not everything my friend!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Brains aren't either clearly.

What is Sancho actually good at? He is slow, can't beat a fullback, not particularly good at crossing and doesn't score many goals.

Rashford, even with his flaws in his game, is clearly ahead of Sancho that it's actually scary you don't see it. Sancho has just as many flaws in his game if not more.

Frank White

That's what makes him stand out. He does his business silently, where as, Bruno you constantly see him being erratic on the ball, rolling on the floor and moaning.
What? Fair play if you're not a WUM and actually believe that. Look forward to next season where Donny does his best Houdini impression #silentdomination league isn't ready.

Frank White

Agree on this at least but what is it specifically that Sancho offers that Antony or Rashford doesn't? Again will add strictly for United not talking about Dortmund just like i wasn't talking about Ajax for Donny.

Alfie092

Brains aren't either clearly.

What is Sancho actually good at? He is slow, can't beat a fullback, not particularly good at crossing and doesn't score many goals.

Rashford, even with his flaws in his game, is clearly ahead of Sancho that it's actually scary you don't see it. Sancho has just as many flaws in his game if not more.
I'm confused, not once did I say Sancho is better than Rashford. Just saying that Rashford should be getting attacked more than he has been because in a lot of games he has been invisible but because he contributed with a goal, everything else he has done for the rest of the game is forgotten! I am a huge Rashford fan and believe he can still take his game up another level or 2! If he does, he would be so frightening.

I just have high standards in terms of what I expect from Rashford.

Alfie092

Agree on this at least but what is it specifically that Sancho offers that Antony or Rashford doesn't? Again will add strictly for United not talking about Dortmund just like i wasn't talking about Ajax for Donny.
I never said that Sancho is better than Antony or Rashford. I just said that we play better when Sancho plays on the RW rather than on the LW.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
That's what makes him stand out. He does his business silently, where as, Bruno you constantly see him being erratic on the ball, rolling on the floor and moaning.
I think most people would’ve wanted him to stand out in the attacking phases more before accept such statements.

edgecutter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He has been nothing short of rubbish all season and also had a 3 month lay off when we were struggling to keep players fit while still collecting 350k. He was shocking in the fa Cup, any of us here would have put more heart into that fame than he did and not be paid either.

Frank White

I never said that Sancho is better than Antony or Rashford. I just said that we play better when Sancho plays on the RW rather than on the LW.
Well you didn't but fair enough if you believe that i suppose.......

hobbers

Does his business silently leaping out of 80/20s in his favour. Or getting run off the ball by a stiff breeze.

Shinjch

Hopefully we can get some sort of loan sorted for him next season where at least some of his wages are covered. He offers next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.